The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 71 NEXT

meatloaf231:
Here's some thing I made during one of my classes on Friday. Make of it what you will.

It's a lizard dancing atop a cliff while the sun rises behind it. It's a very happy dance.

When I first saw videos of Spore a few years ago, I decided I wanted to make an race of sentient Crabs, I drew an epic (overused word I know, but It was epic, it was like 300) picture of Crabs battling Will Wright's Care Bears. It was very gory. But I seem to have lost it.

But I did find this:

Well, since I'm logged in an' all...

I dabble in fractal art. I'm really quite bad at it - I'd say I'm still learning but that'd wrongly imply that I'm actually trying. I pretty much throw everything against the Apophysis wall and see what sticks.

Anyway, you'll find my stuff over here, because it's 4:35am and I reeeeeally can't be arsed to deal with the amount of forum code required to put them directly into this post.

Out of immense boredom and in desperation for something to kill time, I've decided to upload a bit of my photography. There's nothing special about it I know, so be gentle if criticizing.

Most of these (Actually, all of them with the exception of the Absinthe shot), were taken on an overnight trip my 12th grade class took up to a cabin in the mountains. The camera I owned at the time was a piece of junk (Kodak Easyshare) which is why the image quality isn't great.

It's not a drawing, but a sculpture would still be art, right?

Why is the penguin standing on top of CDs? To show how it's mightier than Paramore, Daughtry,
Coldplay, Lupe Fiasco, and Evanescence combined. It's true.

Shivari:
It's not a drawing, but a sculpture would still be art, right?

Why is the penguin standing on top of CDs? To show how it's mightier than Paramore, Daughtry,
Coldplay, Lupe Fiasco, and Evanescence combined. It's true.

I just fell in love with that penguin...

I especially like the sunglasses- nice touch, Shivari.

So I can't find any of my art that's actually on the computer right now, and I don't feel like scanning anything in, so here's a little poem I wrote a few years back.

I don't think it's that bad, myself.

Some thingies I did. Enjoy

I got another one:

Image is down:

Just finished this one now...

I've called her Cassandra. ^_^

i drewed a sandwich but i eated it
ps how do you post pics?

meatloaf231:

NewClassic:
Time for more of NewClassic being pretentious full of himself helpful?

I smell an "I bet he's Cockney" situation a-brewing...

Funny, because I'm not imfamous for de-railing IBHC so much as I am infamous for taking the spotlight of shininess gooeyness and keeping it on myself. So would that be the opposite of de-railing?

Mono-railing? We shall see...

The Iron Ninja:

Okay.

DARKLARK:
i drewed a sandwich but i eated it
ps how do you post pics?

unabomberman:
I got another one:

Image is down:

Despite being really really sketchy, I love your style. It's a little messy, which is stylish, but to the point where it detracts somewhat from your work. Aside from that, it's a little lax on the shading. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it just needs a bit more detail on the shadows/highlights, and a touch of touching up.

Shirahime:

The level of detail on the face is astounding, but notably missing elsewhere. It kinda distracts. Otherwise, though, I like it.

NewClassic:

Shirahime:

The level of detail on the face is astounding, but notably missing elsewhere. It kinda distracts. Otherwise, though, I like it.

Cheers. ^_^

I would've screentoned her but I have bugger all left and I'm still undecided on what her hair colour should be, but I could've got a bit more overall detail in with some tone; texture and all that. But I don't think it's that bad for a preliminary drawing of this character.

Jobz:
Out of immense boredom and in desperation for something to kill time, I've decided to upload a bit of my photography. There's nothing special about it I know, so be gentle if criticizing.

Most of these (Actually, all of them with the exception of the Absinthe shot), were taken on an overnight trip my 12th grade class took up to a cabin in the mountains. The camera I owned at the time was a piece of junk (Kodak Easyshare) which is why the image quality isn't great.

I really liek breath of the mountain because you caught that purple just right. It looks like its rolling off the top, and I especially like that X in the sky. ^_^

RAKtheUndead:
Actually, there is one more criterion that I have to analyse before I decide whether condemnation of witchcraft or worship is due. Cars - your opinion, please.

The movie or the vehicle type? I haven't nor do I intend to see the movie, and I'm more of a motor bike person. I also think it's heinously stupid that we have millions of cars with one person in each, driving for hours on end each day.

That said, there's fun to be had in a spacious back seat.

Labyrinth:

RAKtheUndead:
Actually, there is one more criterion that I have to analyse before I decide whether condemnation of witchcraft or worship is due. Cars - your opinion, please.

The movie or the vehicle type? I haven't nor do I intend to see the movie, and I'm more of a motor bike person. I also think it's heinously stupid that we have millions of cars with one person in each, driving for hours on end each day.

That said, there's fun to be had in a spacious back seat.

The vehicle type was what I meant. I had invisioned that you would say something along these lines, and you may have guessed my stance as regards cars. Because of the whole motorcycle thing, I'll let you off without a judgement. Consider yourself lucky - the stake had just been set up.

Anyway, trying to keep this thread on the tracks as much as possible, I'd post a few photographs, but I feel that would be a bit of a cop-out, because I'm a tourist photographer, and those sorts of pictures aren't art - they're just nicking somebody else's work.

...a shameless picture.
..horridness that will scare artists everywhere.
:)

One might be able to see that I can't draw.
This, however, is a piece I did at school when learning various tools in photoshop.
I didn't actually draw it. I just took several images and combined them.

TaborMallory:
I don't know how to do the spoiler thing (can someone help me please?) so here's just a link.

...a shameless link.
..to horridness that will scare artists everywhere.
very long link!

This, however, is a piece I did at school when learning various tools in photoshop.
I don't know what it is!

To put a spoiler in, tag it at the start with [ spoiler=title/warning/what the fuck ever] and a the end with [ /spoiler] (Removing the spaces, naturally). And that's an amusing image.

Labyrinth:

TaborMallory:
I don't know how to do the spoiler thing (can someone help me please?) so here's just a link.

...a shameless link.
..to horridness that will scare artists everywhere.
very long link!

I don't know what it is!

To put a spoiler in, tag it at the start with [ spoiler=title/warning/what the fuck ever] and a the end with [ /spoiler] (Removing the spaces, naturally). And that's an amusing image.

sweet. Thanks x2

The following are edits to a pair of jeans. They have since had Gordon Freeman's face added.

Full view.
Conglomeration of all the portraits.

I'll be getting better pictures taken while wearing the pants soon.

I'm a photographer, so expect this to be a pretty big photo dump:

*Sigh*
I'll never get as good as Labyrinth or anyone else on this thread for that matter... not as long as I have my fucktard classmates dragging me down...

The Iron Ninja:

When I first saw videos of Spore a few years ago, I decided I wanted to make an race of sentient Crabs, I drew an epic (overused word I know, but It was epic, it was like 300) picture of Crabs battling Will Wright's Care Bears. It was very gory. But I seem to have lost it.

Aw man, seeing that would've made my day :(

I have removed my words from this site.

While I'm thinking of it...

BAM

Flickr Profile. Enjoy.

Those are some interesting photos, Vanguard. The Derelict Farm series was good too, and the use of greyscale really brought out the chilling features of the place.

Joethekoeller is that a self portrait? Either way, it's well done. You've got some good brush skills there.

Thanks for the criticism, Labrinth. It means a lot. I usually update the photostream on a regular basis, so be sure to check it out for updates now and again.

In the meantime, here are a couple of the photos from the "Derelict Farm" series that she was just talking about...

I have removed my words from this site.

joethekoeller:
The process involved taking a picture of me, printing it black and white on a transparency and projecting it onto the canvas, marking with pencil what I wanted to color how. But it's more awesome not knowing that.

I've done that for more Rock Eisteddfod sets than I care to count.

And here's a top hat I made for Halloween. Pictures of the complete outfit will come later, as it's not the only part I edited/made myself.

Hokay. Here's some work from school, shock horror.

And lo, the metal tyrant stood and ruled over all. He belched out foul gas for the torment of those around him. And the world fell in on itself.

-------

Does it show that I'm not a fan of cars?
Produced as part of a Photography project in a darkroom, retouched a bit in Gimp.

If you desperately need to use this as stock for something, kindly let me know. I'm not adverse to it in the slightest, I'd just like to see the result.

[quote=Labyrinth post=18.72805.773623]And some more. Some of these have been posted before.

Holy crap i envy you so much you hve no idea, i can ruin a stick figure.

mr mcshiznit:

That stick figure deserved to die, I bet.

Labyrinth:

mr mcshiznit:

That stick figure deserved to die, I bet.

Oh he done did me wrong, he got what was comeing to him.

Labyrinth:
And lo, the metal tyrant stood and ruled over all. He belched out foul gas for the torment of those around him. And the world fell in on itself.

-------

Does it show that I'm not a fan of cars?

Toyota Land Cruiser, eh? I'm not a fan of that particular model either - if I absolutely had to buy a 4x4, I'd be going for the Land Rover Defender - but I can't deny that it's useful, if used in the right contexts. It's engineering, and I'm of the opinion that engineering beats art into a cocked hat any day of the week. Especially Thursdays.

(It's even better if engineering and art can be combined:

)

I've been feeling kinda mech-y recently.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked