The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 . . . 71 NEXT

Behold, my attempt to draw the legendary...Archemetis!

Well, I'm no "artist" by any standards, but it's a hobby...

I prefer pencil + paper, but I also do a lot of digital...

CK76:
Behold, my attempt to draw the legendary...Archemetis!

Pure awesome, mate :D

I never got a chance to post here.

But anyways, here's something I drew for my Graphic Arts class.

Here's another I drew when I was bored in art class:

And here's another, it was my avatar for a while:

Whee. Arts. Both of these drawings are done as experiments with paper and style for my Visual Art Major work.

[Kira Must Die]:

Here's another I drew when I was bored in art class:

that is excellent. perhaps the most inspiring hand drawing i've seen in a long while. good work, soldier.

Well, I put in many hours on this next one, and I'm pleased with it. I still need to figure out backgrounds, but for what I set out to do, think I managed.

I cant get a picture yet, but I made this sculpture for an art contest and I will post it once the picture is put on the internet.

I made these as commissions for various Escapists on the Wallpaper Requests Thread:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.168645-The-Escapist-Wallpaper-Requests-Thread-UPDATED

The thread is now open for anyone to request a custom wallpaper if they wish :).

Had some scraps after work today (a rare non digital day's work). Mucked about with them on the train home, I think it's the curse of anyone who makes art for a living that the moment you have free time, you compulsively have to create the images you would rather have been making whilst you were doing your job.

So here's some 40K fanart, about 4 inches on the long side. Drawn with a white pencil and a biro, then some India ink and Gouache when I got home. About an hour for each, mistakes and all.

fix-the-spade:
snip

What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

Here are some quick sketches and the finished product from the Creature of the Week competition:

Here are two more wallpaper's I've done for the Wallpaper Request Thread. Well, I tell a lie. The first one, Cherry Blossom, was done for someone there as a request. The second, entitled Lucy, was a seperate thing I did for myself in my spare time.

wow this is possibly the longest thread ive seen here so far.. anyway heres my bit, i have no idea how to link images so i'll just send you to deviant art...
http://escapist-anime-fans.deviantart.com/art/Kira-sketch-153524505

my first time using a graphic tablet... yay

I've just managed to create a Deviant Art group for artists on The Escapist. The point is just to give a communal space on the site for us all to share our work and share our favourite pieces done byothers. The link is here:

http://the-escapist-artists.deviantart.com/

Anybody who wants to join, just go ahead and do so :D.

My first attempts at this style. ( anyone know how it's called?)

One of theese was just inspirational.

NOT OWNING A SCANER OR A DECENT CAMERA OWNS!

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Benny%20Chan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/F-14%20TomCat.bmp

Do u like it?

XxdragicexX:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Benny%20Chan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/F-14%20TomCat.bmp

Do u like it?

No idea, since we can't even see it. At least this one's your own though, judging by the filename...

Anyway, here's a couple of new one's I've done today. One is a custom wallpaper that I did for somedude98 in the Wallpaper Requests thread, and uses a Google image of a Warhammer 40k ship against an original background designed by me. The second is an earlier test of the background style I used, with an original background, and then added to with Google images of Helsing's Seras and Alucard (it's also my current wallpaper :D).

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/ubervicuna/bad-squid

My first ever experience with digital painting. Done with my jerky mouse in about half an hour. Anyone experienced with this medium, ANY tips are welcome.

I did another one o' those animations again!
I've started calling them "Thing-A-Mations"

It's no where near perfect but I'm planning on doing them once every two weeks, So I'll gradually improve.

I just did this one today with pastel-pencils. It turned out way better than I expected, so I'm showing it off:

Crud, it would seem Im falling behind. Cures on this school, taking my time and like a hor with amnesia, giving nothing in return. Anyway my latest bit

fix-the-spade:
Had some scraps after work today (a rare non digital day's work). Mucked about with them on the train home, I think it's the curse of anyone who makes art for a living that the moment you have free time, you compulsively have to create the images you would rather have been making whilst you were doing your job.

So here's some 40K fanart, about 4 inches on the long side. Drawn with a white pencil and a biro, then some India ink and Gouache when I got home. About an hour for each, mistakes and all.

The second one has really good shading and lighting, including that lazer, really awesome! :-)

Anyway Here is mine: 1st one is Acrylics, the 2nd one is watercolour, the watercolour one i did ages ago, im not sure if that was finished, but as its handed in atm for art, its the only photo i got of it. :P

Fightgarr:
What do you do for a living, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm currently an editor and general image cleaner-upper for a greetings card company. The job title is something like visual production assistant but really it's 'art director's dogsbody',

It's very dull and unglamorous, imagine spending all day editing artifacts and doing colour retouches and you're about there. But it pays the bills.

I haven't had time for much digital drawing for a while, but I have kept up sketching, so I thought I'd post some of those. These are just pencil drawings, before I take them into Photoshop and color them.

I've been trying to get a distinct style down for soldiers of a specific empire in my D&D world, and I think I've got it. I apologize that two of them are sideways.

And here's something that I did finish completely, color and everything. I drew it to be the icon for a roleplaying user group.

And I have (had) a picture of a city with randomness and shit and another picture of random shapes and swirls that looked so damn trippy that magic mushrooms wouldn't have had anything on it, unfortunately I'm too lazy to scan that and find the City with randomness. Oh yeah, all of these were made in math class. I guess that's why I'm failing.

I drew a little something today, simply because I've been meaning to for a while now.

The Background is not mine, that's a Bioware screenshot I got off of Google, I take no credit for it at all, it's just I'm still totally useless at scenery.

That's great Archemetis!

Did Dragon Age work for someone of their character.

meatloaf231:
Guh. Fine.

Here's my humble collection:

that last one...is that wesnoth?

and..i'd post mine...but i cant find my bloody camera to do it..and...while were here...i cant draw mouths or noses ;_;

Alright here goes nothing, critique would be great

Another pencil and paper I did while bored and talking to a few friends.
I'm working on moving to digital art but everything I do on my tablet is rubbish.

Ok, this is my first post in this thread, so be gentle but some feedback from REAL artists would be appreciated.

I do not claim to have much talent, but I wanted to share all the same. Thanks.

RavingPenguin:
Another pencil and paper I did while bored and talking to a few friends.
I'm working on moving to digital art but everything I do on my tablet is rubbish.

I'm no authority on anatomy, but I'll give a little blurb. The back looks really good, lots of depth. The arms look a little off, too skinny under the deltoid and around the elbow. The use of rubbing adds a lot of life to it.

Swollen Goat:
Ok, this is my first post in this thread, so be gentle but some feedback from REAL artists would be appreciated.

I do not claim to have much talent, but I wanted to share all the same. Thanks.

You seem to give yourself too little credit. This is all great stuff. You show a great range in talent: lots of shading and curves in the abstracty thing, but very precise sharp lines on Soundwave. I can't really tell if the pill, Billie Joe, and skull are traced or not, but they look great nonetheless. I'm not accusing you of tracing, mind you.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked