The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 . . . 71 NEXT

Ares Tyr:

Great Job. These two are my favorite

By chance would anyone be able to offer me some tips for drawing and improving what little skill i have?

Fightgarr:
Well, I've never been a big fan of fan art. I've always largely believed I should be able to come up with original concepts. Sometimes you don't feel like coming up with a fully original concept, though.

There's nothing wrong with that. My only real problem with fan art is when people use it to coast their way to popularity and never attempt anything else. If you've been around on DeviantART, I'm sure you've seen what I mean.

Hey all. Here's my Creature of the Week entry. You can check out my description on it here.

Brotherofwill:
Don't mean to bother you, but how do you approach drawing pixel art? Could you explain it to me? Do you draw it pixel by pixel or is there a program that converts images. I'm just curious, how long would these take?

First I sketch out what I want, work out the pose and concept, after that is done I do the outline in a program called Graphics Gale. After that's been done I color it up in photoshop (because I'm still figuring out Graphics Gale's pallet). For the most part it's done 'pixel by pixel' but I kind of refer to my method to be more 'carving' in the sense that I usally fill in an area then add or subtract with other colors. The basic icons can take anywhere from 4 hours to 6 hours depending.

I have a video of my drawing of an icon from the outline to finish, but I'm having difficulty simply speeding up the video and removing the sound for upload.

Dyp100:
Fair enough. xD Do you plan on playing, or is just an artist project?

I'm going to be one of those people who, in a few years, puts a full army down on a table and turns to the nearest person to go "Teach me how to play."

Labyrinth:

Dyp100:
Fair enough. xD Do you plan on playing, or is just an artist project?

I'm going to be one of those people who, in a few years, puts a full army down on a table and turns to the nearest person to go "Teach me how to play."

Awesome, it's the best way to do. xD Sadly, I don't even have an army to play with. (Though, I switched to a new wargame with a general smaller list, so I HOPE I'll be able to finish those. I just can't find a colour scheme that doesn't make me want to strangle...Something or someone.)

Tsunimo:
By chance would anyone be able to offer me some tips for drawing and improving what little skill i have?

Best thing you can do is just experiment and practice. Get a sketch pad and some pencils and just start drawing, from life and from imagination and other sources of inspiration. Soon you'll find a niche you like, and you can use that to further improve your skill.

If you were looking for more specifics, I'd say to try an experiment called upside-down drawing. What you do is take a picture, then turn it upside down and redraw the outline. It helps to make you more aware of angles and lengths of lines, so you're drawing what you see rather than what your brain thinks it's seeing (it likes to do a lot of guesswork)

Here's some recent stuff XD

I don't have a drawing, but if you follow this link you will see my work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klhl262zD60

Hey, so after some looking at my Claymore drawing, I realized that here face was totally wrong. I was working a bit too zoomed in and she ended up looking like one of those creepy sex dolls. So I fixed her up a bit, so she hopefully looks a bit more like a real person.

Look any better to anyone?

One of my old drawings, tried to get the newer ones into the computer but the cd tray was to small...

I did promise more pictures. I also picked up a squad of Banshees which I'm about to start playing with. At least one's getting converted, they're all getting a paint job.

Wheee!

Some old stuff from my terragen days:

Fucked up rendering the clouds...

Labyrinth:
Wheee!

Learning to do a simple base-coat > Drybrush will drastically improve the look of your models. So are you going to start battling with Ultrajoe, mono a mod-o?

A couple weeks ago I asked for some help on anatomy for a project, and promised the final product. I'm finally delivering on my promise:

Also, here is a study I did to experiment with fractal forms:

Fightgarr:

Learning to do a simple base-coat > Drybrush will drastically improve the look of your models. So are you going to start battling with Ultrajoe, mono a mod-o?

I'm doing drybrush on my new squad of Banshees. 'tis fun.

As for Ultrajoe and I.. We agreed that in the interest of continued universal existence, our battles would be minimised. Otherwise there would be massive casualties with every strike. No survivors. And a black hole for good measure.

Labyrinth:

I did promise more pictures. I also picked up a squad of Banshees which I'm about to start playing with. At least one's getting converted, they're all getting a paint job.

Wheee!

Those are pretty good but they are not complete because you have no based them. Models must be based, models must be based!

Kind of makes me want to get back into Games Workshop.

Fire Daemon:

Those are pretty good but they are not complete because you have no based them. Models must be based, models must be based!

You're still in my town, yes? You should come by some time when Ultrajoe and I are there. 'twill be fun.

Labyrinth:

Fire Daemon:

You're still in my town, yes? You should come by some time when Ultrajoe and I are there. 'twill be fun.

Sure thing, sounds interesting.

Heh, well, I used to draw a lot, but I haven't really drawn almost anything in about 6 years, except for some extremely abysmal sketches/doodles. Recently I decided to try things more seriously, so first things first I decided to try to start copying things, starting with my hand.
Here's the final product, all digitalised etc, and right below is the original sketch.
As you can see, I drew with a pen, so yeah, I couldn't really erase anything.

I really like digitalising pictures, so I'm sure I'll do more and more, and hopefully someday be able to draw something I have great trouble with (a humanoid creature).

Ahem... Pwny.

Archemetis:

Ahem... Pwny.

This is full of win!

Easykill - who is gone forever:
Hmm... May as well. I was screwing around with both photoshop and my camera, but didn't have anything to photograph, so I ended up taking one of my stools.

Thank God that wasn't what I was afraid it was.

All of my artwork is located on my DeviantArt account:
http://www.lovableranger.deviantart.com/

Here's a few examples (Warning. The following pieces of artwork aren't very good):

Labyrinth:

Wheee!

Nice paintjob - which craftworld, if I may ask? :D

I might have a story or two.

So what do you think?

GIMP is the most painfully unintuitive thing in the world.

That's it. I just needed to vent my frustration. I shall go back to banging my head against it now.

*bonk* *bonk* *bonk* *bonk* *bonk*

Zannah:
Nice paintjob - which craftworld, if I may ask? :D

I decided to make one up when I get around to it. At the moment, I'm just painting stuff with a colour palette I like.

I did a concept for a new hero or villain... I've not really decided yet...

I'm thinking about the character underneath the clothing but so far nothing in terms of looks, which is weird for me, I usually forget to think about the personality until I've drawn them at least once.

Jobz:
Alright...I guess I'll post a few of what I think is my best work here:

Those are three of my favorites out of my work. If you want to read more go to http://jobz.deviantart.com/.

Nothing wrong with a little shameless self promotion right?

Brilliant, you are a true literary genius. Not so sure about the second one though.

My artistic skills are non-existent and as far as poems go, I'm only okay.

Here are 3 haikus I made.

Here's one I did a couple weeks ago.

Because I'm just too damn lazy to post things on the Escapist: http://seventh-circle.deviantart.com/

Pages PREV 1 . . . 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked