The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 71 NEXT

Fightgarr:

Zemalac:
I'm trying to think of some sort of criticism, and failing utterly. That thing is crazy awesome.

Though I just noticed that the bird doesn't have any eyes.

Thanks man. It does actually have eyes, but I motion blurred the hell out of them so they blend in. Here's a link to a larger image (the actual image is about 5-6,000 wide but here's a 1200 one):
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W_wCg39S5pQ/TAW_1pE9MKI/AAAAAAAAAVQ/YyVySzsFXN4/s1600/COW178_SupersonicSpikeFinal.jpg
You can kind of see where the eye was before I motion blurred it to all hell.

Hmmm. Okay, then, though I hold that the blurred eye looks weird. The larger image is much better, methinks--you can see the filiments between the creature's spike-parts.

Demented Teddy:
It does but they're closed.

Apparently so.

I'll bite, here's a short story I came up with on the spot. I have more polished ones but they're written down and I can't find the book I did them in, sorry. Also, this is probably extremely depressing, so you have been forewarned!

Please give your thoughts :)

Zemalac:
Hmmm. Okay, then, though I hold that the blurred eye looks weird. The larger image is much better, methinks--you can see the filiments between the creature's spike-parts.

You are not wrong on either of those claims. The larger image is how it is meant to be seen, the 'Pist shrank it like crazy. Anywho, thanks for the comments.

Does anyone have any advice for buying tablets appropriate for a hobbyist and general nub such as myself? I am totally bamboozled by all the possibilities.

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I haven't posted anything for a while, and I just finished this the other day, so...

I made a framed version of this as a present for my We The People teacher. You might not get as much out of it if you aren't really into the American Constitution.

Utterly different from what I usually post here, I know.

I'm not hugely happy with the armour, but I got so sick of trying to paint it correctly that I went "fuck it" and let it be.

I wish I had even a fraction of the talent of all you guys...I can't even draw a straight line.

(Part 19.)

(Part 21.)

So I found this lurking in the bottom of by deviantArt gallery. It's old, it's from The Escapist, and it made me giggle again.

I was sort of doodling on my tablet the other night, and this is what came out. Not my best background work (seeing as I didn't spend any time at all on it), but I like the character.

I've been having some serious fun practising with Markers... Some more.

And that's all for you, for now...

Hey guys, here's my latest Creature of the Week entry. Topic this week was "Revelations". I really wanted to get an old school Amano-type monster feel with this one. Main inspirations include the final bosses of the 3 SNES-era Final Fantasy games (Zeromus, Neo Ex-Death and the Tower of Kefka).

So, lately I've really been getting into furry culture and realized that I'm, in fact, a furry. Yay, me! So, I've done a couple of drawings. The main purpose was for me to improve my skills at anatomy, so I tried to experiment a little bit with posing and musculature. Can someone offer feedback?

AAAAA

I was bored and inspired. It's a Chaos Marine 'jetbike' motif.

Labyrinth:

I was bored and inspired. It's a Chaos Marine 'jetbike' motif.

Please, for the love of Akatosh, PM Susan with that enclosed and set the title as something akin to "I've made your perfect tattoo."

That pony is so friggin' awesome, I can barely look at it without bursting into giggles XD

Cyrax987:

I like the designs, don't get me wrong, and normally I don't do this, but I'm wondering why Pestilence is missing and replaced with conquest?
Seems a tad redundant with War and Conquest meaning virtually the same thing.

Thanks for posting your jetbike in my thread, here's my latest to give you a BUMP :)

Archemetis:

Cyrax987:

I like the designs, don't get me wrong, and normally I don't do this, but I'm wondering why Pestilence is missing and replaced with conquest?

To be honest I didn't even know the other two by heart. I only knew war and death and looked up Four Horsemen online on multiple sites and most stated famine and conquest so I put conquest. >_>

Cyrax987:

Archemetis:

Cyrax987:

To be honest I didn't even know the other two by heart. I only knew war and death and looked up Four Horsemen online on multiple sites and most stated famine and conquest so I put conquest. >_>

Ah fair enough, I'm not trying to poke holes, just seemed a bit odd.

Archemetis:

Cyrax987:

Archemetis:

Ah fair enough, I'm not trying to poke holes, just seemed a bit odd.

No worries, I didn't take offense :)

I kinda wish I hadn't substituted sleep for needle felting, but hey, at least I get results...

Azaradel:
I kinda wish I hadn't substituted sleep for needle felting, but hey, at least I get results...

That is absolutely adorabubble and I love it. Doesn't hurt that I always had a soft spot for Parasect.

I have some stuff on my deviant art account. I Suck At Drawing It's pretty Modern though, so it doesn't look the nicest. Its far more conceptual.

http://cisco-dawg.deviantart.com/art/A-convo-Between-a-Friend-145118851

http://cisco-dawg.deviantart.com/art/HAY-IZ-FER-HORSEZ-153880003

This is one of my more conceptual ones, or more accurately You have to do shit to see it right "active art":
http://cisco-dawg.deviantart.com/art/the-Blackness-144029720

I'm also a big post-modernist: http://cisco-dawg.deviantart.com/art/Reflection-on-a-Doorknob-147431294

HAHA! No hand drawing for you guys! Instead, I'm more of a photographer...that's still art, right? I fuckin' hope so. Check my DA riiiiiiiight here.

What you can't see is that the two metal spokes are into the back of the hand like Wolverine claws. I'm going to greenstuff them into a blade, with another on the other hand. She's going to be pinned straight through the side of the Chaos Marine's neck, at approximately the seen angle.

So, first off I'm going to start this post off by saying that, yes, it have been a long time since I've posted in this thread. Also, I'm not dead, so redistribute any bet winnings accordingly.

That said, over the next couple of months I'm doing a series of portrait shoots as a bit of light "portfolio padding" whilst I'm out hunting for a job with a studio here in KC. So, without further adieu...

These are only a handful of my favorites from the shoot. The rest of the set can be found here on Flickr.

Oh, and don't forget. Trivum founded an Escapist Artists group on deviantART, and if you post in this thread you should really join it.

~Van

EDIT: @ViolentlyHappy91 - Photography is art, and I'll crane kick anyone in the mouth that says otherwise...

It's just a work in progress, but I wanted to show off my shiny new toy.
Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen (DTK-2100)

It's pure awesome to work on.
Unfortunately I fired an email off to Wacom Support 2 weeks ago, and still haven't gotten a reply.

Netrosis:
snip

Now, I used to have artgasms at the thought of using a Cintiq 21UX. I've heard, though, that they have some problems, perhaps you could clarify these to me. I've heard that they often cause your image to vibrate, which can cause eyestrain when working for extensive periods of time (considering I'm often working on my drawings for stretches of up to 6 hours, that's important). I've also heard that they offset your cursor slightly which can cause some accuracy problems. I work on an Intuos4 (9x12), for reference.

Fine, I guess I could...

Not great, but could be worse.

Calumon: Does this count?

Fightgarr:

Netrosis:
snip

Now, I used to have artgasms at the thought of using a Cintiq 21UX. I've heard, though, that they have some problems, perhaps you could clarify these to me. I've heard that they often cause your image to vibrate, which can cause eyestrain when working for extensive periods of time (considering I'm often working on my drawings for stretches of up to 6 hours, that's important). I've also heard that they offset your cursor slightly which can cause some accuracy problems. I work on an Intuos4 (9x12), for reference.

This is the 2nd Gen, they've only been out a few months.

I'm yet to experience image vibration.

You end up working at most an arms' distance from the Cintiq. It's a lot closer than most other monitors, and due to the sheer size of the thing, you basically have an skewed perspective since it's not "top down" except for where your head directly is. As a result of the space between the tip, and the actual display, it is going to be offset slightly.

You can calibrate it to where you please, but it is not simply just 'drawing' on the screen, it's still just cursor placement, just more precise, and also that your strokes will match the same movement as your hand.
At worst, it's just a very small learning curse, the same way you had to get used to using a normal tablet. It's really only an issue near the edges of the screen anyway.

Despite my biggest efforts to avoid it, the pen has manged to make some minute scratches which you can only see when the screen is turned off.

I haven't really had a chance to use it for a while because I'm so bogged down with a separate project. But it is a joy to use.

Its been a while since I posted

Working on anatomy and shadows.

More anatomy. Just stylized.

Developing a character for my Legacies project. Essentially a homage of Marvel's Impossible Man and DC's Mr. Mxyzptlk. Meet Zip, his girlfriend Loli and his rival Mr. Rip

Another set of characters from my Legacies project. The Roberts are a family of science heroes composed of Quantum Roberts, his wife Helen and their twin children Sam and Stacy. Not shown are Leonard Ripley (Quantum's assistant and part-time caretaker of the children) and Darwin Roberts (a nootropically enhanced monkey)

A character from another project called Unrest.

A face study. I think it looks like Clark Gable.

So ahh yeah.

Netrosis:
Despite my biggest efforts to avoid it, the pen has manged to make some minute scratches which you can only see when the screen is turned off.

There are small adjustments you can make to pressure sensitivity (the Cintiq has 1024 levels so it should be an easy enough fix), that allow you to not have to press as hard to get maximum pressure. You can look up tutorials on that and it should help with the scratching problems you may have.

Here's my latest creature of the week entry: Gaurdian(s) of the Portal Gate. Hope ya' like it. I'm not sure how much the Escapist will shrink the image but I'll be posting a larger format version on my blog so I'll link that when I get a chance.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked