The artist in thee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 . . . 71 NEXT

Since I suck at coding, here is a link to the select few pencil drawing artworks I have made:

Drew this a couple of years ago: http://patapolo.deviantart.com/art/Excl-s-Rune-Scimitar-176827669

Drew this when I was bored in my Spanish 3 class: http://patapolo.deviantart.com/art/Disappointment-in-the-wind-182599242

Drew this as practice for backgrounds and shadows: http://patapolo.deviantart.com/art/Stranded-Castaway-186745152

Drew this as practice for 3/4 perspective: http://patapolo.deviantart.com/art/The-Scarlet-Letter-Characters-190273371

This I made for the already past Holiday season: http://patapolo.deviantart.com/art/Merry-Christmas-190800822

I would love some critique and/ constructive criticism.

First drawing of 2011. Not bad if I say so myself. For those interested, this is Adam Law's superheroine "The Magpie". He's a terrific artist so be sure to check him out.

First day of school after Christmas.

This was my first attempt at imitating light shining through a bottle of water. In hindsight, I notice that I did the angle of the water wrong on the shadow, but nevermind.

My recently started Deviantart page.

http://orangebandguy.deviantart.com/

I sure wish I had something more interesting than my cats to take pictures of...

Arachon:
I sure wish I had something more interesting than my cats to take pictures of...

Nothing wrong with postings the Kitteh's!

Anyway, not sure if this can be called 'art' as it's the computer doing all the hard stuff, however as I suck with both pencil and brush I'll take all the help I can get.
This was created for a scene which I might get around to finishing one day if I can stop being distracted (curse you Just Cause 2!).
It was also used as practice as it was the first model I ever created, some of the colours still need sorting out as it's suppose to have an urban camo scheme in the finished scene.

Pickled Soul:

Anyway, not sure if this can be called 'art' as it's the computer doing all the hard stuff, however as I suck with both pencil and brush I'll take all the help I can get.
This was created for a scene which I might get around to finishing one day if I can stop being distracted (curse you Just Cause 2!).

That -is- art to me. I can't do that at all. :( *ENVY* I wish I knew how!...

let's see... I know I have something :( I just got my new Intuos 4 tablet but I haven't done much with it yet.

I know I have that crappy anime style. Believe me, I've tried to stop. >_<

Finally something that's not cats :D

Seems like it's been a while since I did a dump, so here's some of the stuff I've been shitting out in the last couple months:

Some very nice art in here!
I got a deviant art page if any of you guys want to check it out.
http://darkdingo20.deviantart.com/
:)

Recently, for COW...

So.

I've finally finished my High Elf lord and all the associated agony that goes with painting something the size of my palm. Here are the photos.

Here's my praetorian unit badge as promised:

I reread the comic Girl Genius recently, and (as I usually do after reading it) I set out on a steampunk creative bender afterward. From that came this. Initially it was supposed to be me, but as usual I can't draw my own damn hair, so it looks like someone completely different.

Still pretty cool, though.

Haven't posted much in this thread, so here goes nothing... :)

Just finished up modelling a Cerberus for my anatomy master.

More 3D stuff, some portraits and ZBrush sketches at my blog. Done tons of other stuff but you know, can't be arsed to start coding my personal website for it.

Also took a shot at game modding recently, more specifically Angelina Jolie's signature weapon from the movie Wanted for Fallout: New Vegas.

I have no idea if I've posted in this thread before but..
Here we go again;

I really really need to draw more..

Zemalac:
I reread the comic Girl Genius recently, and (as I usually do after reading it) I set out on a steampunk creative bender afterward. From that came this. Initially it was supposed to be me, but as usual I can't draw my own damn hair, so it looks like someone completely different.

Still pretty cool, though.

Hey Zemalac, it's been a while since I commented on one of your pieces. With a piece like this my advice would be to warm up the highlights and cool down the shadows a lot. See how on his face the shadows are red? Try cooling down the hue. Your highlights right now are going towards white, but he's being lit by fire, thus your brightest highlight would be light orange and so all colours would be going towards that. Try messing around with "soft light" layers and giving the shadows and highlights some slightly different hues like that. You can also mess around a bit with colour balance, but for something like this you'll need to be more precise. Another technique that would look pretty ballin' in this situation would be to employ rim lighting. Basically it's just an extreme highlight that we only see the edge of because the rest of the highlight is on the back of something/someone. It replaces your dark outline with something that is basically your most extreme highlight for that surface. Take a look at some reference for backlighting and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that it's a cool image. I like the textures on the jacket a lot.

Here's a couple of random doodles from me, all for different weekly activities on ConceptArt.org...

I've got a bunch of songs on my Soundcloud. Feel free to comment, I'm still a preschooler when it comes to production.

http://soundcloud.com/zenkraft

http://asukalangleysoryu.deviantart.com/

Most of my pics are done in MS Paint, like the one above.

Fightgarr:

Hey Zemalac, it's been a while since I commented on one of your pieces. With a piece like this my advice would be to warm up the highlights and cool down the shadows a lot. See how on his face the shadows are red? Try cooling down the hue. Your highlights right now are going towards white, but he's being lit by fire, thus your brightest highlight would be light orange and so all colours would be going towards that. Try messing around with "soft light" layers and giving the shadows and highlights some slightly different hues like that. You can also mess around a bit with colour balance, but for something like this you'll need to be more precise. Another technique that would look pretty ballin' in this situation would be to employ rim lighting. Basically it's just an extreme highlight that we only see the edge of because the rest of the highlight is on the back of something/someone. It replaces your dark outline with something that is basically your most extreme highlight for that surface. Take a look at some reference for backlighting and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a couple of random doodles from me, all for different weekly activities on ConceptArt.org...

Hey, good to hear from you again. I'll definitely take your advice about the highlights and shadows--looking at this again, it sort of looks like the character is standing in front of a backdrop instead of actually being in the scene, if that makes sense. Some better highlighting and shadows would fix that, I think.

Your work is, as always, magnificent. I especially love the robotic mailman, though I'll admit that when I first saw his hat I thought he was wearing a patched sock on his head.

EDIT:

Asuka Soryu:

Wait, that was done in Paint? That epic thing? MS Paint?

My mind is blown.

So we're just postin pictures of stuff we've drawn then?

I hope that works...

Anyway, yes it is rather big but I don't know how to make it smaller or put the spoiler thing on it. Anyway, my scanner sucks at picking up colors so... Yeah....

Zemalac:
though I'll admit that when I first saw his hat I thought he was wearing a patched sock on his head.

Who's to say he's not? I don't think I take my character designs seriously enough to discount the possibility of epic sock-hats.

Zemalac:

Fightgarr:

Hey, good to hear from you again. I'll definitely take your advice about the highlights and shadows--looking at this again, it sort of looks like the character is standing in front of a backdrop instead of actually being in the scene, if that makes sense. Some better highlighting and shadows would fix that, I think.

Your work is, as always, magnificent. I especially love the robotic mailman, though I'll admit that when I first saw his hat I thought he was wearing a patched sock on his head.

EDIT:

Asuka Soryu:

Wait, that was done in Paint? That epic thing? MS Paint?

My mind is blown.

xD Yup. Nearly wasted my hand doing it... it was so long. At first I was like: "the guy who made this is a master of detail"

Then after 3 hours and still going:

"I hate the ass who made this thing so detailed".

Bloody hell it's been a long time since I posted here!

Hope you enjoy them.

New Troll:

Now I have never been a fan of things written in 1st person but this is an exception.

GenericAmerican:
Now I have never been a fan of things written in 1st person but this is an exception.

Thank you. Actually most my writing tends to be in first person, even if I try not to. Just the way I see my story I guess. Plus it's probably just easier and I am a bit lazy so...

New Troll:

GenericAmerican:

Thank you. Actually most my writing tends to be in first person, even if I try not to. Just the way I see my story I guess. Plus it's probably just easier and I am a bit lazy so...

I can't write in 1st person at all. When I write, I am always writing about my characters; not as my characters.

I can't even write a story about myself in first person. And it's weird to write about myself in 3rd person.

Here's a dapper robotic gentleman:

(Sorry, the picture doesn't show, but the link still works.)

subject_87:
Here's a dapper robotic gentleman:

(Sorry, the picture doesn't show, but the link still works.)

Fix'd it for you.

Very creative.

I'm working on a series of short stories based on a character from a popular RP here... I'll let you guys have a paragraph before I finish. :3

If any of you guys lurked that RP, you'll know who I'm following.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 . . . 71 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked