46.8% (101)
No
17.1% (37)
17.1% (37)
Witty third option
32.4% (70)
32.4% (70)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Is modern TV dumbing down the youth of today?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Some shows are.

But not all of them.

Tvs are a direct representation of culture you can tell alot by watching a televison program for 5 minutes.

But in a nutshell:
We adore celebrities, like Miley Cyrus etc. and want to be rich so we watch shows regarding them, we want to have dramatic and melodramtic lives so we watch the Hills etc, its all part of the idea that what is popular is a reflection of wants/desires/appeals.

Not only are some shows dumbing down the youth, they're dumbing down the gullible and ignorant.

No, I don't think so. The youth who watch MTV reality shows and the like are already as dumb as really dumb bricks to begin with. Besides, TV has always had its fair share of stupidity; have you seen old shows? They may be slower paced, leaving one to infer that they are somehow smarter, but on closer inspection most are just as dumbed down as what we see now.

@Glerken: Is that even possible? Personally I blame the gullible and the ignorant for being gullible and ignorant.

I stopped watching television many, many years ago. I only turn on the history channel these days.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked