What's soup?
7.5% (4)
7.5% (4)
WITH A STRAW! :D
3.8% (2)
3.8% (2)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: How do you eat your soup?

Fairly simple really. there seem to be a loada seriosu threads and whatnot going around, so I thought I'd reembellish the casual atmosphere with a question.

How do you eat your soup?

And what type of soup do you like?

I like tomato soup, which I eat with a spoon, taking little sips from the edge of the bowl. Yummy.
What about you?

I loathe soup. Mainly for the fact that my my dad can't cook it properly.

But when forced, I take about half a loaf of crusty bread and rip bits off, dipping them into the soup and then eating them. Then if there are bits of meat and vegetables, I'll eat a few before leaving it.

I like chicken soup when it's done properly, and I hate pumpkin. I wanted to like it sooo bad, but I just couldn't.

I love tomato soup, I used to drink it from a mug that had the recipe on the side but I lost it so now I drink it from a bowl. Like a normal person...

But the best way to drink soup is not to drink it all, but to dip crispy, buttered bread into the soup. When your out of bread I usually finish it with a spoon, dipping it in random locations.

And why two fork options?

Fire Daemon:

And why two fork options?

Two embellish the fact that some people are retarded. Take this riddle...

"Say fort!"
"Fort"
"Spell it."
"F-o-r-t"
"Twice"
"F-o-r-t, F-o-r-t"
"Say it four times"
"Fort, fort, fort, fort."
"Now, what do you eat soup with?"
"A-ha! A fork!"
"Berk."

Or in my case...

"Say fort!"
"Fort"
"Spell it."
"F-o-r-t"
"Twice"
"F-o-r-t, F-o-r-t"
"Say it four times"
"Fort, fort, fort, fort."
"Now, what do you eat soup with?"
"A spoon."
"...Fuck you!"

Buttered toast, But I don't have soup that often.

With a gigantic spoon, taking as much as I can in every scoop.

I wait for it to cool a bit and then drink it like a big cup.

Ballsy, efficient and counteracts the Gay from eating soup and not a carcass of some sweet animal you gutted with your teeth.

Well that is a neat riddle. I will have to remember it. Like a normal person...

My favorite soup is tomato, but German potato and pea and Ham is pretty good. I wish I could have some soup now.

This was removed because the poll i saw before replying was different or not full loaded.

What's soup?

-Ricky

What spoon?

I drink soup directly from the bowl. Occasionally dipping bread in.

What's soup?!

Really, what is it? I thought it was supposed to be a badge here in the Escapist which you got by making a thread about soup (about a badge? Hah!) but I see you haven't acquired it yet.

I have about ten mini baguettues at my right hand, which I use as spoons, eating the soupy bread. Yeah. I go to *town* on that soup.

I have never met a bowl of soup I didn't like, or at least find edible. My top five are beef and barley; beanless chili; clam chowder; thick tomato (with grilled cheese sandwiches of course); and home-made chicken noodle (canned is edible but not nearly as good). If the soup is really thin, I drink it in a cup if I can. Otherwise, I prefer my soup to be thick as possible. I'll add saltine crackers to thicken it up if I can.

1 spoon full at a time

i eat it with a knife

I grab the bowl with my hands and drink out of it. Unfortunately that isn't on your list of choices, so my alternative answer is "I throw the soup at people until it is no longer funny."

Dude, replace one of the "With a FORK" options to with your lips or something like that, and then I'll vote.
Cause.... that's how I drink it

Tomato and Chicken noodle soup all the way, and I eat them with a spoon of course!

from a big mug. with lots and lots of bread and butter.

It's usually a stand-alone meal for me....just with the spoon and a glass of water.

Gotta drink it, it ain't no steak, it ain't ice cream, you don't need no fork or spoon. Get a nice hearty man-soup, drink it down. Maybe throw some bread in there, but no dunking, that's for women and cops. Maybe throw a hadoken in there for spice.

Bread. Sometimes chuck some pasta in there. Usually from a bowl, because even programmer mugs do not hold enough for a decent soupfest.

Ballsy, efficient and counteracts the Gay from eating soup and not a carcass of some sweet animal you gutted with your teeth.

You make soup by taking all the bits of the dead animal your teeth couldn't gnaw through and boiling the shit out of them to make stock then adding mashed up stuff.

My soup is delicious and enjoyed the old fashioned way.

As for the 'Fort-Fork' thing..

What do you put in a toaster?

Personally, I eat from the center of the bowl, but I stir the soup when I'm not eating it, so it doesn't really matter. And if it's a noodle soup (see: ramen or cup o' noodles) I eat it with a fork, then I drink the broth straight from the container.

Why are we talking about soup?

Actually I dont use a bowl most of the time I use a mug. What? Dont judge me! A lot of people think its strange but its way easier to carry around than a bowl

Clairaudient:
My soup is delicious and enjoyed the old fashioned way.

As for the 'Fort-Fork' thing..

What do you put in a toaster?

Bread!

I've been the fool of that joke, many a time...

Sides, because its coolest there. Center is always hotter

There should have been a "However the fuck I want to" option, since that's how I eat my soup.

I'm a firm believer there is no spoon, so I use a spork.

Sorry double post, I'm getting some funky loading times and 404's from the site this evening, must be a lot of traffic.

Ultrajoe:

I was going to guess that you ate soup with the charred skulls of the fallen because it adds a barbecued taste.

Ultrajoe:

Ditto here.

And why don't you have an option for cups? Are you prejudiced against cups?

Apologies for the terrible humor. I blame the Aspergers.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked