Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 26 NEXT

dangerousdave_42:
if you ever get a chance to see them live do that is a big factor in why they have managed to keep a fan base even with a string of regrettable to just plain bad cds

I'm sure their shows are amazing, but that wont make me like their music. Their live show might deserve the hype it gets, but i don't understand why their music does.

superbleeder12:
I'm very picky when it comes to metal. It's a good genre, but its not my favorite, its really hit or miss.

I Enjoy somewhat mellow stuff with non-standard lyrical themes (or no lyrics at all). Agalloch, Amesoeurs, Coldworld, Cynic, Daylight Dies, Drudkh, Electric Wizard, Enslaved, Falls of Rauros, Isis, Katatonia, October Tide, Opeth, Pelican, Red Sparrows, Shelter Red, Russian Circles, Sculptured, Wolves in The Throne Room

last.fm/user/Azazoth12

If you like Isis, there is a chance you might like Cult of Luna. Maybe Psyke Project.

Ultrarandom:

luvS2Spooge:
DETHKLOK

metallica

dragonforce

That my friend is what I like to call "noob metal"

I myself enjoy listening to Death Metal and Black Metal. Such as: Gorgoroth, Behemoth, Immortal, Cannibal Corpse, Dark Throne etc.

and you my "friend" are what I like to call a douche bag!

Quiet Riot ftw

Has anyone heard of Scar Symmetry?

Real Gonzo:
Has anyone heard of Scar Symmetry?

Yes! I have Pitch Black Progress

Cool and same here, nobody hardly ever mentions that band. They are quite awesome but little disappointed with a few songs.

its kinda sad they lost their lead vocalist over such stupid reasons

Real Gonzo:
Cool and same here, nobody hardly ever mentions that band. They are quite awesome but little disappointed with a few songs.

I know the feeling,Tthe Illusionist was a great song though. I like rock alongside metal and i remember Queens tendacy to make albums which had a couple of classics, but everything else felt disappointing.

That said thank heavens I got out of my Dragonforce phase a couple of years back. I still feel dirty.

I like:

Pantera
Metallica
Korn
System of a down
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne

Corpse XxX:
I like:

Pantera
Metallica
Korn
System of a down
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne

Currently I have:

Metallica
Korn
SOAD
Trivium
Iron Maiden
Motorhead (do they count?)
Cradle of Filth
Slipknot
Scar Symmetry
Eisheilig
36 Crazyfists

I like everything's that had at least some thought put into it. There's so many, so I'd rather just say Tarja Turunen. Anything she's done.

Oh and Behemoth. I love Behemoth.

I love Scar Symmetry. Holographic universe was amazing. It does suck that Christian left, although i'm still laughing at them having to get two people to replace him.

Rhayn:

Hell yes! *high fives*

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Hell yes! *high fives*

*Pagan high five*

Rhayn:

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Hell yes! *high fives*

*Pagan high five*

Hahahaha! Genious. have you heard that EP they brought out recently? It's pretty good.

RockWhore:
Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't had chance to read through the entire thread yet, but feel free to have a look at the image below. It's quite interesting and although not 100% accurate I think it's a damn good job;-

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Metal_Genealogy.jpg

Also if you love METAL look out for a documentary called "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" - I think it is available on Google Video. Well worth a watch.

I am into most kinds of Metal/Punk but to narrow it down a bit I currently have on my mp3 player some Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, Shadows Fall, Lagwagon, Bad Religion :)

I can't welly see, the letters are rather small, but did it just state that cradle of filth is Norwegian?

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Hell yes! *high fives*

*Pagan high five*

Hahahaha! Genious. have you heard that EP they brought out recently? It's pretty good.

Yes I have. Nergal and the guys never seize to amaze me.

Rhayn:

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Rusty Bucket:

Rhayn:

Hell yes! *high fives*

*Pagan high five*

Yes I have. Nergal and the guys never seize to amaze me.

They're brilliant. Even just from the live version of Ezkaton on that EP you can sense the atmosphere. Although i have to admit i didn't like Nergal's vocals on The Apostasy, i preferred the layered ones on Demigod. They just seemed to fit better.

This seems like a good place to plug my own band.
If you like Melodic Death Metal, you might also like this:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ6lGu9ios

Or check our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/frozeninfinityband

Favorite metal (or metal-ish) bands
Eluveitie
Korn
Rammstein

Some of my faves (bands and songs)

Disturbed- Down With The Sickness, Stricken, Stupify, Indestructible, Believe
Metallica- Sad But True, Wherever I may Roam, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman
KoRn- Thoughtless, Coming Undone
Ozzy- No More Tears, Hellraiser
Saliva- Ladies and Gentlemen
Alice in Chains- Man in The Box

That's what comes to mind at the moment, might come up with more later.

I just discovered Godhate, as I was reading through a news site and it said this Swedish death metal band is going to release a new album soon, so I gave it a listen.
All I have to say is... Holy shit, this is pure, brutal awesomeness.
http://www.myspace.com/godhate
Do yourself a favor and check it out, if you're into Death metal.

Not Good:
Quiet Riot ftw

Man, metal Health was an awesome album, my friend has the cassette and we still love to listen to it.

Also, as far as what I like, I'll listen to anything from hair metal to death and black metal, on my desk right now I have Vomitory, Triton Enigma, Neuraxis, Metallica (Master of puppets, don't even think of mentioning death magnetic), Kataklysm, 3 Inches of Blood, Anaal Nathrakh, Amon Amarth, Iron Maiden and many others (one russian black metal band I can't even say the name of. Нечисть) but as I said I listen to everything as long as it's enjoyable and metal or classic rock.

Whoracle:
This seems like a good place to plug my own band.
If you like Melodic Death Metal, you might also like this:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ6lGu9ios

Or check our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/frozeninfinityband

That's actually pretty good. I really enjoyed Nevermore, the guitar was great. What do you do in the band? Oh, and glad to see Mors Principium Est in your influences.

I'm on vocal duty as well as most songwriting :)

Whoracle:
I'm on vocal duty as well as most songwriting :)

Very nice vocals. I especially like your lower gutturals. How long have you been together for? And how hard will it be for me to get hold of this album? :)

We've been playing together in this specific constellation since 2005, and some members have been around (inconsistently) since 2001, so yeah, we're pretty much used to playing together ^^

As for the "getting hold" part: It depends on where you live and how much you're willing to shell out for postage/packaging.
We don't have a distributor, so we basically send each CD out on order for 10€ plus whatever the postage is. For the US and Australia we might have a solution to this, which will decrease price but sadly increase shipping time. We plan on running this on preorders and volunteers, so if let's say 50 people have preordered, we send a big package to one volunteer who then redistributes the album in his country and gets some bucks for his effort. With this we think we can cut shipping costs to the US and Down Under to about 50% of what the individual shipping would cost.

So basically if you're able to go to our website somewhen after next week (as soon as I get my lazy ass around to finishing our new codebase and sho, that is... heh) and manage to fill out an order form as well as pay the neccessary amount of dosh, it'll be not that hard to come by.

Whoracle:
We've been playing together in this specific constellation since 2005, and some members have been around (inconsistently) since 2001, so yeah, we're pretty much used to playing together ^^

As for the "getting hold" part: It depends on where you live and how much you're willing to shell out for postage/packaging.
We don't have a distributor, so we basically send each CD out on order for 10€ plus whatever the postage is. For the US and Australia we might have a solution to this, which will decrease price but sadly increase shipping time. We plan on running this on preorders and volunteers, so if let's say 50 people have preordered, we send a big package to one volunteer who then redistributes the album in his country and gets some bucks for his effort. With this we think we can cut shipping costs to the US and Down Under to about 50% of what the individual shipping would cost.

So basically if you're able to go to our website somewhen after next week (as soon as I get my lazy ass around to finishing our new codebase and sho, that is... heh) and manage to fill out an order form as well as pay the neccessary amount of dosh, it'll be not that hard to come by.

Good to hear, i'll look into more. Honestly, i was half expecting the usual generic crap. I've been pleasantly surprised. Well done, you're helping to restore my faith in melo death.

Edit: Hmmmmm. This may require Google translator.

Rusty Bucket:
Good to hear, i'll look into more. Honestly, i was half expecting the usual generic crap. I've been pleasantly surprised. Well done, you're helping to restore my faith in melo death.

Well, there are the two medleys on our myspace/youtube, too, and maybe we'll put up another song sometime next week, depending on the rest of the guys allowing it ^^
And you're dam right. A lot of contemporary melodeath is pretty bad. Not generic, but outright bad.

But look to the new emerging "underground" for some real nuggets. I recommend listening to Night In Gales, Nightrage, Fragments Of Unbecoming and maybe some Kalmah, if you don't already know them.

As for the language of the website: No, it won't. Just wait another few days until I get the english version up and running ^^

My top 5 metal bands at the moment would have to be:
Destruction
Dimmu Borgir
Slipknot
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth

Party Metal like Andrew W.K. is awesome. I listen to Children of Bodom, Strapping Young Lad, System of a Down... just about anything really, not even kidding. Except nu-metal.

Right now I'm really into comedy metal...like Psychostick. I absolutely LOVE psychostick. The Dumb Song, Beer, Two-ton Paperweight...all pure genius.

As I've stated before, I'm really into melodic metal...I know that's a big umbrella, but I like a lot of it.

I just discovered Charon, btw. Thoughts on them?

Silvertongue:
I just discovered Charon, btw. Thoughts on them?

Quite good, but for my tastes the vocalist tries just a bit too hard to sound like Ville Valo... which is a shame, considering that his voice has good recognition value when he does his own thing.

I like alot of metal, mostly August Burns Red, Amon Amarth, and Gojira.

I stopped reading the posts at the beginning of around the third page, but I must say that Log Dropper MD, you are awesome. I love doom, drone, and black metal the most, but I'm more of a fan of simply drone/ambient/noise music.

Few of my favorite metal bands at the moment are Sunn, Boris, Mayhem, Earth, Om, Burning Witch, A Forest of Stars, Electric Wizard, Reverend Bizarre, Black Sabbath, Black Boned Angel, Khanate, Peste Noir, etc etc!

Nice to meet you all!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked