Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 26 NEXT

Whoracle:

Rusty Bucket:
Good to hear, i'll look into more. Honestly, i was half expecting the usual generic crap. I've been pleasantly surprised. Well done, you're helping to restore my faith in melo death.

Well, there are the two medleys on our myspace/youtube, too, and maybe we'll put up another song sometime next week, depending on the rest of the guys allowing it ^^
And you're dam right. A lot of contemporary melodeath is pretty bad. Not generic, but outright bad.

But look to the new emerging "underground" for some real nuggets. I recommend listening to Night In Gales, Nightrage, Fragments Of Unbecoming and maybe some Kalmah, if you don't already know them.

As for the language of the website: No, it won't. Just wait another few days until I get the english version up and running ^^

I love Kalmah. Prefer their older stuff, but i still enjoy their latest two efforts. Nightrage i'm not so keen on. They're decent, just lacking a certain something. Never heard of the other two though, i'll look into them.

I'll check back on your site sometime next week then. Thanks for the info, hope the album sells well when it comes out.

Oh, and have a listen to The Absence if you haven't already. Great melodeath, how it should be done.

I mainly listen to Iron Maiden, Trivium, Dragonforce, Nightwish, Disturbed, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine and Pantera.

Not much :)

I mainly like the older metal, mainly NWOBHM, as that was the best metal era, the irons, priest, saxon, you know, but I just got my copy of the new architects album, hollow crown today, and to be honest, it blew me away, if you havent heard it , go out to a shop and buy it, if you like brutal metal you will love it. :D

Late 70's- early 90's metal is my tip for the top. Bands like Van Halen, Dokken, Whitesnake, RATT, Crue, Warrant, and what have you.

I love most rock and metal, such as QOTSA, SOAD, Marilyn Manson, Guns 'n' Roses, Megadeth (saw them live :D ), Metallica and many more..

I like Priestess.

That is all, thank you.

Whoever told me before that death growls will grow on you.. That is the truth. :)

Bulletinmybrain:
Whoever told me before that death growls will grow on you.. That is the truth. :)

Hurray! Another convert.

Rusty Bucket:

Bulletinmybrain:

Hurray! Another convert.

I was kinda the opposite I took to death metal vocals then adjusted to the fact that clean vocals in metal can be just as effective

Bulletinmybrain:

To add to the discussion about Death Metal vocals, I am such a huge fan of Mikael Åkerfeldt vocals. His Death Metal band Bloodbath are incredible. His vocals are very accessible for anyone who doesn't usually listen to Death Metal. A great starting point in my opinion for future converts. I suggest tracks: So you Die, Like Fire.

ZantetsukenQ:

Bulletinmybrain:

To add to the discussion about Death Metal vocals, I am such a huge fan of Mikael Åkerfeldt vocals. His Death Metal band Bloodbath are incredible. His vocals are very accessible for anyone who doesn't usually listen to Death Metal. A great starting point in my opinion for future converts. I suggest tracks: So you Die, Like Fire.

Have to love Akerfeldt. Also, special mention goes to Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis, who i think rivals Akerfeldt, especially when it comes to clean vox. My all time favourite vocalist though would be Jamie Stewart from The Absence.

Rusty Bucket:

ZantetsukenQ:

Bulletinmybrain:

Have to love Akerfeldt. Also, special mention goes to Tomi Joutsen from Amorphis, who i think rivals Akerfeldt, especially when it comes to clean vox. My all time favourite vocalist though would be Jamie Stewart from The Absence.

I'm just going to see what I think to Amorphis, on your recommendation dude. I wholeheartedly agree though about the vocalist from The Absence. He is wicked good. Melodeath without the generic feel to it.

[quote="Kodlak" post="18.78837.1294330"]Megadeth (saw them live :D )[quote]

Lucky sod.

ZantetsukenQ:

Rusty Bucket:

ZantetsukenQ:

Bulletinmybrain:

I'm just going to see what I think to Amorphis, on your recommendation dude. I wholeheartedly agree though about the vocalist from The Absence. He is wicked good. Melodeath without the generic feel to it.

The Smoke and A Servant show off his vocals best. Their latest album, Silent Waters, was one of my favouries last year. Some really stunning music on it.

Rusty Bucket:

Bulletinmybrain:

Hurray! Another convert.

Haha yeah, I remember when I hated the vocals of bands like Slipknot.
My taste sure has changed :)

I have to also say, I am quite liking groove metal. :)

I think the new Lamb Of God album sucks.

Whoracle:
This seems like a good place to plug my own band.
If you like Melodic Death Metal, you might also like this:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ6lGu9ios

Or check our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/frozeninfinityband

Wow. Im impressed! Good luck with the band.

Well i like various genres. Such as power(Nightwish), viking(Ensiferum), black/viking(Enslaved), nü(Slipknot). I don't stick with one genre. I tend to be diverse about metal

Try looking at Anterior. They're a Welsh metalcore-esque band but there's no light singing a la Bullet for my Valentine. They're a good band to look into.

In addition try Imperanon, if you like Children of Bodom then you'll most likely like them. They sound exactly alike, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Blinded Colony is also a good listen. Metalcore.

I went to The Faceless, Cynic and Meshuggah two nights ago. It was AWESOME and gave me new respect for all three bands (Cynic especially--those dudes have such a feel for what sounds good). Meshuggah was way better live than any recording that I've heard; they are both intense and have a sense of humor ("How about some noise for the opener bands? How about some noise for us? That's pretty fucking cheesy eh?").

the_tramp:
Try looking at Anterior. They're a Welsh metalcore-esque band but there's no light singing a la Bullet for my Valentine. They're a good band to look into.

In addition try Imperanon, if you like Children of Bodom then you'll most likely like them. They sound exactly alike, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Blinded Colony is also a good listen. Metalcore.

Hurray, an Anterior fan! I love their album, do you ahve any idea if they're doing something with new material? I can't wait for their second album.

Did someone say Metal? Yay!

Favorite bands include:

King Diamond
Nine Inch Nails
Ensiferum
Tool
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Therion
Ministry
Fear Factory
GWAR
Metallica
Rammstein
Static-X

Theres lots more...I tend to go more for the older, non-American stuff. Also I believe in the rule that in order to write good Metal, the artist has to be really pissed off about something.

Rusty Bucket:

Hurray, an Anterior fan! I love their album, do you ahve any idea if they're doing something with new material? I can't wait for their second album.

To be honest I'm a recent convert. So have no idea I'm afraid. Hopefully theiy'll play some shows near me soon enough because that'd be amazing.

the_tramp:

Rusty Bucket:

To be honest I'm a recent convert. So have no idea I'm afraid. Hopefully theiy'll play some shows near me soon enough because that'd be amazing.

Just looked at their myspace, they're writing at the moment and hope to have their second album out late summer this year. I am officially excited.

I just got the latest Arise and Ruin album, and boy do I dig it. Dirty metal and hardcore elements...it's like the soundtrack to every night you've ever spent drinking beer and being reckless.

www.myspace.com/ariseandruin

Crank it and play "Bound by blood."

Metal? me loves it!

my favorite bands include, but are not limited to:

Burzum
Immortal (the kings)
Dimmu Borgir
Finntroll (finnish polka/folk/black metal)
Windir (Valfar, I will see you in Valhalla! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz-UA6rjQ8Q&feature=related )
Metallica (only US band on the list:P)
Darkthrone
Nightwish (a little opera metal never hurt anyone)
Children of Bodom
Graveworm
Satyricon
Iron Maiden
Enslaved (Blodhemn eg svergar!)
Emperor
Taake

I'll stop now, before I get too lost in obscurity.

girndcore and dr. acula

fenrizz:
Metal? me loves it!

my favorite bands include, but are not limited to:

Burzum
Immortal (the kings)
Dimmu Borgir
Finntroll (finnish polka/folk/black metal)
Windir (Valfar, I will see you in Valhalla! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz-UA6rjQ8Q&feature=related )
Metallica (only US band on the list:P)
Darkthrone
Nightwish (a little opera metal never hurt anyone)
Children of Bodom
Graveworm
Satyricon
Iron Maiden
Enslaved (Blodhemn eg svergar!)
Emperor
Taake

I'll stop now, before I get too lost in obscurity.

Get lost in it as much as you want, i like hearing about obscure bands, they might be good. You've got a lot of black metal on that list, haven't heard of most of it.

I'm not going to read through 17 pages, this should probably have its own thread but what the hell.

Is anyone else going the Download Festival? (UK)

When it comes to metal I am a fan of Nightwish, Tarja, Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Tarot, Northern Kings, Dragonforce, Otep.

I just want to ask if anybody has the new Cannibal Corpse album and what he thinks of it.

The wednesday before last I saw Lamb of God. They were fkin awesome. Thought I'd share that.

Rusty Bucket:

fenrizz:

*snip*

Get lost in it as much as you want, i like hearing about obscure bands, they might be good. You've got a lot of black metal on that list, haven't heard of most of it.

alright then

Carphatian Forest
Gorgoroth
Agathodiamon (These guys are awesome)
Einherjer
Limbonic Art
My Dying Bride (Doom Metal ain't so bad)

Vlane:
I just want to ask if anybody has the new Cannibal Corpse album and what he thinks of it.

Just bought it and importing it now.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked