Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 26 NEXT

Arsen:
Name ONE metal band you don't think anyone has heard of, and I have probably heard of them in some way, shape, or form.

Archons
Detonation
Illnath
Immortal Souls
Prey for Nothing

Rusty Bucket:

Arsen:
Name ONE metal band you don't think anyone has heard of, and I have probably heard of them in some way, shape, or form.

Archons
Detonation
Illnath
Immortal Souls
Prey for Nothing

Are these bands signed or are they crusading myspace metallers?

By my original statement I mean bands that are at least signed to one of the big companies. Century Media, Nouclear Blast, etc...

If they are, then pardon me.

Arsen:

Rusty Bucket:

Arsen:

Archons
Detonation
Illnath
Immortal Souls
Prey for Nothing

Are these bands signed or are they crusading myspace metallers?

By my original statement I mean bands that are at least signed to one of the big companies. Century Media, Nouclear Blast, etc...

If they are, then pardon me.

I know they're all signed, but i'm not sure who to. As far as i know, they're not signed to any of the major labels.
I suggest anyone who likes metal check out Archons and Prey for Nothing, both have fantastic debut albums.

Death, Heavy, Thrash, Progressive, Groove, Stoner. Infact most forms of metal are awesome. not too into black metal, mainly since I never find myself in the mood for slow lingering riffs akin to Doom metal.

Current best bands are Opeth, Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Firewind, BloodBath, Bodom, Mastodon, Tool, Black mages. And more.....

COUGH My Dying Bride COUGH

Musimo:
Rock and Roll is better.

NO U.

I listen to any melodic metal such as Kalmah or Dark Moor and so on.

Arsen:
Name ONE metal band you don't think anyone has heard of, and I have probably heard of them in some way, shape, or form...

Couldn't help but register just to lol at this... I haven't listened to most of those bands, but I do listen to Illnath, and I think they're pretty good.

Anyway, I'm a metalhead - I like Death, Black and Thrash metal. I love Vader, and (very) honourable mentions go to Vital Remains, Cannibal Corpse, Amon Amarth, Immortal, Satyricon, Rotting Christ, Naglfar and Behemoth. I could go on but I think that more or less outlines the sort of thing I'm into.

Oh, btw, hi guys :) o/

PMetal:

Musimo:
Rock and Roll is better.

NO U.

I listen to any melodic metal such as Kalmah or Dark Moor and so on.

You should have a listen to Mors Principium Est and The Absence (the amount of times i've mentioned them in this thread is getting ridiculous).

I've recently started listening to more Behemoth. Demigod specifically. Nergal's layered vocals used to irritate me but now i quite like them. They fit very well with the rest of the instruments.

Melodic and technical death metal mainly. Sometimes some solo guitarists like Andy James.

HAI TOM

I know I have mentioned them several times in this forum but I can not get enough of Mercenary Some other bands I like are
Epica
within temptation
nightwish
distorted
scar symmetry
stolen babies
kamelot
arch enemy
otep
draconion
demon hunter

Im into most kinds of metal, except for nu-metal, hardcore and black metal. Bands like slayer, pantera, deicide, cannibal corpse, dying fetus, bit of metallica, opeth (saw them live last week), down, even the odd bit of A.C. now and then.

Apolcalyptica.

Just to let you know, adolescent psychologists label, "Evanesence" as a metal band.

Is anyone else here into REALLY sick metal? I love a bit of Stalaggh who use real mental patients as their vocalists and I've just downloaded an EP by Senthil who's vocalist chokes himself with chains and mutilates himself to create the vocals.

Old stuff. Metallica(pre black) Iron, Slayer a bit, Black Sabath. New stuff is case by case. Most of it sounds like a bunch of guys with strep throat.

Just heard some Black Moor, and it's got me quite intrigued.

Anyone who knows them and can recommend any albums?

speedcoreXdandy:
Is anyone else here into REALLY sick metal? I love a bit of Stalaggh who use real mental patients as their vocalists and I've just downloaded an EP by Senthil who's vocalist chokes himself with chains and mutilates himself to create the vocals.

never quite understood the enjoyment factor of listening to metal like that. I would rather listen to a competent singer or screamer any day over a mental patient

dangerousdave_42:

speedcoreXdandy:

never quite understood the enjoyment factor of listening to metal like that. I would rather listen to a competent singer or screamer any day over a mental patient

I concur. But then again, thats what I love about Metal. There is something for everyone. Symphonic for the Classical fan, Heavy for the general Metalhead, Black for the satanic... the list goes on.

nu metal, older stuff ie maiden

Mostly into stoner and doom as far as metal goes.

Sleep
Electric Wizard
Kyuss
Bongzilla
Ufomammut
Om
Earth
Dot(.)

I love progressive metal and power metal (and a bit of some of the older bands). My favorite bands are as follows:
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Blind Guardian
Epica
Suspyre
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Rhapsody
Iced Earth
Falconer
Demons and Wizards (Blind Guardian/Iced Earth)

Yea, that is my favorite list. I suggest to everyone here who likes any progressive metal to check out Suspyre. They have 3 albums and all of them are extremely good (especially their latest one, When Time Fades...). Although I'm pretty sure that none of the songs from their latest album are up on Pandora, I'd recommend going to pandora.com and listening to a few of their songs.
Enjoy

dangerousdave_42:

speedcoreXdandy:

If I hadn't acctualy heard it I would probably just write it off as a cheap and slightly sick gimmick but when you hear the "music" it just works perfectly, there's so much hatred and anger and sickness in the vocalists voice that no normal vocalist, no matter how competent, could recreate.

Log Dropper M.D.:
Mostly into stoner and doom as far as metal goes.

Sleep
Electric Wizard
Kyuss
Bongzilla
Ufomammut
Om
Earth
Dot(.)

Best list of bands so far, you into Sunn o))) or BORIS?

Lukeydoodly:
Melodic and technical death metal mainly. Sometimes some solo guitarists like Andy James.

HAI TOM

Hurray, you turned up.

Does anyone know if Arsis are doing anything new at the moment? I was dissapointed with their latest album.

Also, cookies to the guy who said Apocalyptica. One of the only actually original bands out there.

Metal la la la la la
Metal la la la la la
Metal la la la la la
Metal la la la la la

Nanowar ftw.

speedcoreXdandy:

Best list of bands so far, you into Sunn o))) or BORIS?

I really like Boris. They release so much material as well.

SunnO))) I'm not too big on, but I do like the Altar split they did with Boris and also Black One.

vampyricvoid:
I love progressive metal and power metal (and a bit of some of the older bands). My favorite bands are as follows:
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Blind Guardian
Epica
Suspyre
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Rhapsody
Iced Earth
Falconer
Demons and Wizards (Blind Guardian/Iced Earth)

Yea, that is my favorite list. I suggest to everyone here who likes any progressive metal to check out Suspyre. They have 3 albums and all of them are extremely good (especially their latest one, When Time Fades...). Although I'm pretty sure that none of the songs from their latest album are up on Pandora, I'd recommend going to pandora.com and listening to a few of their songs.
Enjoy

You're my friend now... hee hee.... Tell me where you live.. I'm kidding, sorry.

Might I add Nocturnal Rites to your list? Great power metal band, check out albums "Afterlife", "Shadowland" and "The 8th Sin"

Between the Buried and Me
Born of Osiris
The Faceless
Winds of Plague
Children of Bodom
SikTh
All That Remains
Opeth
And no, this is not emo. Christ, I'm playing Pokemon Yellow while I'm writing this out. :P

I'll listen to almost any metal...

A few of my favourite metal bands:
Protest The Hero,
Cannibal Corpse,
Bleeding Through,
Bring Me The Horizon,
Beneath The Massacre,
Abigail Williams.

Put them into whatever sub-genre you like, cos I don't keep up with that stuff...

I don't know what hole any of the bands I like fall into, but I like Opeth and Metallica and old Pantera at the mo. And Iced Earth amuse me.
Oh and Apocalyptica are pretty cool.
But generally metal is one of my lesser loved genres.

I'm starting to dislike metal in the last 10 years its just become so fucking main stream and I believe its lost its way. Mind you nothing will take away my love to Iron Maiden,Megadeth ( while David Ellefson was still around), Metallica's only good album Ride the lighting and theres more but i cant post them all without losing a finger. xD

GOGOGOGO burning down churches wooo fire.

And wtf is with this Christian Metal crap i've been reading about.

I think they're classified as NuMetal (whatever the fuck that means) but System of a Down is one of my top fav bands. I got to see them live and now i'm just hoping they will release another album soon... damn Serj's solo project!

I'm more into Classic Rock. I used to be REALLY into metal but I like Classic Rock better. Also I really don't like those band that just thrash the hell out of their guitars and just scream, I like my metal to actually have some rythm.

I can't be arsed to write up a list.

I'm a huge fan of black metal, thrash metal, and power metal.

Can't go wrong with some progressive metal, dream theater, between the buried and me...etc. also some melodic/death metal like Opeth. I'd have to say Opeth are probably my favorites though

I adore metal. I prefer death metal, particularly brutal death like Skinless and Suffocation. I'm also into technical bands like Psycroptic and old-school Cryptopsy. I love power/progressive metal, and I'm also into Grindcore a bit too (Actual grindcore, not WCWBT and company)

I mostly hate deathcore, but I can listen to a select few bands (All Shall Perish, A Breath Before Surfacing, and Beneath the Massacre). I have a grudge against Black Metal because it gives metal the bad name it has with many people who don't listen to it, and created a stereotype that generally gives people the wrong idea when I tell them I listen to metal.

Favorite Bands:
Skinless
Suffocation
Immolation
Cannibal Corpse
A Breath Before Surfacing
Beneath the Massacre
Iron Maiden
Krisiun
Psycroptic
Necrophagist
Cryptopsy