Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

o ya and deth clock from metalocolypse, not sure they ae a real band though

*Sigh*

This is why metalheads have a bad name. Please use proper grammar next time. Also you might want to consider you know...thinking before you post.

every one tells me to check my grammer and quite frankly i dont care!

What about Pirate Metal guys? I just downloaded some Alestorm and they are fucking awesome! Maybe what I need to get over my Nightwish addiction. =P

open trap:

This is why metalheads have a bad name. Please use proper grammar next time. Also you might want to consider you know...thinking before you post.

Every one tells me to check my grammer and quite frankly i dont care!

Fair enough, but round here no one will really take you too seriously unless you use proper spelling and punctuation. Not doing so implies laziness and lack of thought...

Also incorrect grammar is just wrong :P

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

Well quite frankly I don't care what you have to say. Provided you put the time and effort into creating a proper post, maybe I will, but for now I will say one thing unto you my grammarless not-so-much-of-a-friend. Shut up, and go fill another thread with your crap.

Revelo:
What about Pirate Metal guys? I just downloaded some Alestorm and they are fucking awesome! Maybe what I need to get over my Nightwish addiction. =P

Aye Alestorm is fucking awesome.

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

Well quite frankly I don't care what you have to say. Provided you put the time and effort into creating a proper post, maybe I will, but for now I will say one thing unto you my grammarless not-so-much-of-a-friend. Shut up, and go fill another thread with your crap.

you are one stuck up little.... i will stop there as to not piss off the modereators
also REPORTED!

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

you are one stuck up little.... i will stop there as to not piss off the modereators
also REPORTED!

Thank you. I'm glad I was able to make you take at least some action because of your extrodinarily lousy grammr.

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

also REPORTED!

Thank you. I'm glad I was able to make you take at least some action because of your extrodinarily lousy grammr.

you spelled grammer wrong

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

also REPORTED!

Most ironic thing ever.

Also, you spelt grammar wrong.

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

also REPORTED!

Oh my god you spotted a typo congratulations. Anyway I don't want this thread to be a spam war so if you want to bitch about something I've said, use PMs.

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:

Sightless Wisdom:

open trap:
0ne word, metallica!

*Sigh*

also REPORTED!

Oh my god you spotted a typo congratulations. Anyway I don't want this thread to be a spam war so if you want to bitch about something I've said, use PMs.

actully i think some one is a little upset that they are a little hipocritical, also i noticed that you are the one who is using profanaties etc, which shows who is the more civilized and has the wider vocabulary

Wadders:

Willwillwritehiswill:
I was at sonisphere festival this weekend. So many fantastic bands! Mastodon were a personal hilight, they played a brilliant, if short, set (i was right at the front). Avenged sevenfold were also good. I saw them last year at Leeds but they all had colds then so they were only on stage for 15 minutes or so. Metallica once again proved how epic they truly are aswell. Killer set from them; so much fun.

Yes, yes and YES!! I was gutted I missed Mastodon, they changed stage cos they were scheduled to be on the main stage originally I think, and that messed it up for me :S

I don't think they were bumped off the main stage... when the line-up was being finalised they were at the top but then went down to the other stage as everything was sorted out. Does that make sense? it's not like the second stage was much different from the main stage. i mean, that stage kept a constant stream of music going the entire weekend. Anyway, here's mastodon's set.

Oblivion
Megalodon
The Czar
Crack The Skye
Iron Tusk
March Of The Fire Ants

Huge fan of Power and Heavy: (as well as punk-rock)

Blind Guardian
Edguy
Hammerfall
Sonata arctica
Disturbed
Godsmack
Dragonforce

Malicious:
Huge fan of Power and Heavy: (as well as punk-rock)

Blind Guardian
Edguy
Hammerfall
Sonata arctica
Disturbed
Godsmack
Dragonforce

Ever heard of Stratovarius? If not give 'em a listen, they're a lot lke Hammerfall, but a little more power-Metalish

Helloween are great Power/Thrash too, definitely worth a listen in my opinion.

I've got to say that I'm open to all types of Metal... That being said I do prefer Metal that you can actually understand the lyrics of, although it has to be proper metal (I'm looking at you 'Linkin Park' *shakes fist*)

My tastes extend to Trad, Power, Thrash, Black and Death; as much as I get into heavier bands I can never shake my profound liking of classic bands like Priest, Maiden and Deep Purple.

Ah it's good to see some people who respect the classics. Has anyone here been to Preist Feast? I wanted to go but..I live in Canada so it would be kinda hard to get there.

Sightless Wisdom:
Ah it's good to see some people who respect the classics. Has anyone here been to Preist Feast? I wanted to go but..I live in Canada so it would be kinda hard to get there.

Is your name a reference to the Arsis song?

i like the the more modern metal like, lamb of god (wikipedia calls them groove metal but its just heavy metal to me) and disturbed ,
and i really dont like metallica not heavy enough

LoG ARE Groove Metal, well Groove or Metalcore. I don't like them personally, nor do I like much modern metal, in fact the newest band I listen to must be Municipal Waste.

Lukeydoodly:

Sightless Wisdom:

Is your name a reference to the Arsis song?

You know your the first person to notice that. Yes it is, I was just looking through my music an thinking of a name for my escapist account. I saw sightless wisdom and thought "why not?".

Sightless Wisdom:
[quote="Malicious" post="18.78837.2813786"]

"what i said"

Ever heard of Stratovarius? If not give 'em a listen, they're a lot lke Hammerfall, but a little more power-Metalish

I have, they are good but i prefer Hammerfall, saw em live and it was awesome

The only metal subgenre I don't like is doom metal, and I don't mind metalcore.

Honestly, I have to be generic and say Metallica are my favourite band. I'm really into Thrash, Metallica, Megadeth, Machine Head, Slayer etc... But I also like Metalcore, it's actually really good, and people should really give it more of a chance. All metal really tbh.

Having to resurrect this thread since I just discovered Skindred. Reggae Metal is just so damm awesome!

I listen to most metal, as long as it's not harder than death metal. It got too much when I heard Cannibal Corpse. But other than that, most metal is okay. I like mostly melodeath. Right now I'm listening to Rob Zombie.

Black Metal:
Immortal
Burzum
Gorgoroth
Mayhem
Panzerfaust
Dissection
Samael
Dimmu Borgir, specifically "For All Tid" and "Stormblast (original release)"
Emperor
Thy Serpent
Darkthrone

Death Metal, and all its offshoots:
Suffocation
Arsis
Necrophagist
Deicide, specifically "Deicide" and "Legion"
Wretched
Empyrean Eclipse
Iniquity
Hypocrisy
Impaled Nazarene
Angelcorpse
Rotting Christ
Nile, specifically "In Their Darkened Shrines" and "Annihilation of the Wicked"
Vehemence

All the other categories of metal:
Ensiferum
Rhapsody (of Fire)
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Sinergy, specifically "Suicide By My Side"
The Black Dahlia Murder
Yngwie Malmsteen
Dawn
Venom
Alestorm

Two death metal bands that must be added there: Opeth, Bloodbath.

I'm looking for some new music, not bothered what it is so long as it's not power metal, just throw some decent metal at me.

Rusty Bucket:
I'm looking for some new music, not bothered what it is so long as it's not power metal, just throw some decent metal at me.

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Blackguard/Profugus Mortis
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash
Testament(mix of death, thrash and groove=amazing)

There's a few.

801st post! Woot!
I like speed and regular metal. Hevy metal is just people screaming and making an effort to break their instruments. So my fave bands are:
Slayer
Metallica
DragonForce
Rhapsody of Fire
and last but not least,
KoRn.

Personally I enjoy some awesome Thrash and Power metal.

Metallica (of course)
Machine Head
Anthrax
Iron Maiden
Sonata Artica
3 Inches of Blood

DeadStar67:
801st post! Woot!
I like speed and regular metal. Hevy metal is just people screaming and making an effort to break their instruments. So my fave bands are:
Slayer
Metallica
DragonForce
Rhapsody of Fire
and last but not least,
KoRn.

While I don't have a problem with your list, I think you have the term Heavy Metal confused with something else, every band you just listed falls under Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal is literally the same as just saying Metal. The genre you described sounds sort of like grindcore or deathcore or something similar, it's really fast, and it sounds like crap.

Dunno if I've posted here, but hey...

Let's see...

Disturbed
Slipknot
Lamb of God
Dragonforce
Korn
Iced Earth
Ghoultown
Lacuna Coil
Metallica
Nebula
Hammerfall
In Flames
Breaking Benjamin
Smile Empty Soul
Dethklok
Mudvayne
Within Temptation
Apocalyptica
Celldweller
System of a Down
Papa Roach
Rob Zombie
Nightwish
Devildriver
Rammstein
Soilwork
Three Days Grace
Between the Buried and Me (though don't really enjoy a lot of their stuff. It's terribly cluttered.)
Atreyu
With Honor
Comeback Kid
Stone Sour

I THINK that's my collection. Pretty sure it is.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked