System of a Down
Metallica (old school)
Demon Hunter
In Flames
Skindred
The Berzerker
Genghis Tron

Mostly Thrash and Alternative with some NWOBHM;
Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, older Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Buckethead, Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy, Sepultura, and Joe Satriani.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:
I'm looking for some new music, not bothered what it is so long as it's not power metal, just throw some decent metal at me.

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Blackguard/Profugus Mortis
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash
Testament(mix of death, thrash and groove=amazing)

There's a few.

Thanks, i'll check these out tonight. You'd think with almost 4 days worth of metal on my Itunes i'd find something to listen to.

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:
I'm looking for some new music, not bothered what it is so long as it's not power metal, just throw some decent metal at me.

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

Thanks, i'll check these out tonight. You'd think with almost 4 days worth of metal on my Itunes i'd find something to listen to.

Yeah,with my 19 days, there's always something.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

19 days?! Jesus christ, that's impressive. How long did it take you to get that?

Been listening to alot of Death,Black and Doom metal recently:

Dissection
Bloodbath
Behemoth
Primordial
Paradise Lost
Swallow The Sun
My Dying Bride
Katatonia
Anaal Nathrakh

Not alot of Thrash though just
Swashbuckle
Anthrax
AND
Megadeth

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

19 days?! Jesus christ, that's impressive. How long did it take you to get that?

Well...it can't be more than about...3 or 4 months. I didn't pay for all of it though, I got lots of it from others who already owned it. REally speeds things along.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

Well...it can't be more than about...3 or 4 months. I didn't pay for all of it though, I got lots of it from others who already owned it. REally speeds things along.

Yeah, i haven't paid for all of mine either, i just jave a fairly narrow taste. Looking to expand a bit more though, which is partly why i brought this thread back to life.

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Dio
Black Sabbath
Heaven and Hell
The Scorpions
RAINBOW
Focus
Eluveite
Demon Hunter
As I Lay Dying
Rammstein
SOAD
Apocalyptica
Metallica
Disturbed
Manowar
Trivium
Hammerfall
Yngwie Malmsteen
Alestorm
Falconer
Korn
GWAR
Uriah Heep

I'm not really into the black leather and spikes eating babies metal.

Also, you're not a real metal band unless you sing about wizards.

I've not realy been paying attention to the name of the bands that i've been listening to, something about imortal and fire.

Austrian Death Machine.
Go look them up. They are awesome.
Also I'm getting psyched about Dethalbum II (Dethklok), It's great to hear drummer Gene Hoglan (formerly of Straping Young Lad and manny others) still kicking @$$. Plus they are coming to town with f*cking Mastodon! GNYAHHH!

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

Yeah, i haven't paid for all of mine either, i just jave a fairly narrow taste. Looking to expand a bit more though, which is partly why i brought this thread back to life.

Yeah, I'm always looking for more, new stuff. Which is why I should also mention what I just started lsitening to: Grip Inc. A side project of Slayer's drummer Dave Lombardo(best metal drummer EVAR) their not very well known at all, but they're amazing.

Side note: if I payed for my music, I'd be out about 12,000 dollars. That's assuming albums costed about 20 each, which they do.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Some Folk Metal:
Amon Amarth
Ensiferum
Wintersun

Death Metal:
Opeth
Bloodbath
Death
Arsis Arch Enemy

Thrash/speed Metal:
Exodus
Kreator
Whiplash

There's a few.

Yeah, I'm always looking for more, new stuff. Which is why I should also mention what I just started lsitening to: Grip Inc. A side project of Slayer's drummer Dave Lombardo(best metal drummer EVAR) their not very well known at all, but they're amazing.

Side note: if I payed for my music, I'd be out about 12,000 dollars. That's assuming albums costed about 20 each, which they do.

I realy can't afford to pay for all the music. My logic is that the artsists would rather i listened to it for free than not at all. It's a slightly twisted logic, i'll admit, but there we go.

I'd dispute Lombardo being the best drummer though. In my opinion it would have to be Tomas Haake from Meshuggah. I don't particularly like their music, but that man is a beast.

Megadeth ftw.

i listen to mostly metalcore

MalevolentJim:

Dissection

Good choice.

Rusty Bucket:

I realy can't afford to pay for all the music. My logic is that the artsists would rather i listened to it for free than not at all. It's a slightly twisted logic, i'll admit, but there we go.

I'd dispute Lombardo being the best drummer though. In my opinion it would have to be Tomas Haake from Meshuggah. I don't particularly like their music, but that man is a beast.

Hrm never heard of him, I must find and compare.

EDIT: I found and compared, results: he plays fast and heavy, but Lombard oPlays faster, heavier, and is more musically inclined. As in when he plays something, he makes it sound good, it's not just fast.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Have a listen to Bleed. It's a little monotonous, i'll admit, but the stamina it takes to keep that double bass rhythm up for 8 minutes can't be human.

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Have a listen to Bleed. It's a little monotonous, i'll admit, but the stamina it takes to keep that double bass rhythm up for 8 minutes can't be human.

I did, it's true he has stamina but check this out. It's fucking insane.

Artemis923:

MalevolentJim:

Dissection

Good choice.

I'm not a huge Black Metal fan,in fact i need the band to me either Melodic or have sime sort of Subgenre assiciated with them as i cant listen to most pure black metal bands.

Dissection,Finntroll,Anaal Nathrakh,Primordial and Emperor are pretty much the few Black Metal bands i listen to.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

That was pretty damn awesome actually. I might find myself getting a bit more into Thrash in the near future.

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

That was pretty damn awesome actually. I might find myself getting a bit more into Thrash in the near future.

Haha Lombardo wins again.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Hahahaha. Haake is amazingly technically proficient, the stuff he does is so complex, but there's something missing. It's like he plays like that simply for the sake of technicality, rather than because it sounds good or fits with the song. That's my main problem with Technical Death Metal actually, great to listen to if you can't be bothered to pay attention, but i find there's very little substance to it.

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Hahahaha. Haake is amazingly technically proficient, the stuff he does is so complex, but there's something missing. It's like he plays like that simply for the sake of technicality, rather than because it sounds good or fits with the song. That's my main problem with Technical Death Metal actually, great to listen to if you can't be bothered to pay attention, but i find there's very little substance to it.

Have you heard the band Arsis? They're tech-death but the guitar is more melodic than usual, and it takes more of a lead. It's some of the best I've heard in tech-death.

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Sightless Wisdom:

Rusty Bucket:

Have you heard the band Arsis? They're tech-death but the guitar is more melodic than usual, and it takes more of a lead. It's some of the best I've heard in tech-death.

I love Arsis, got all their stuff. They really are amazing, except for United in Regret, which is iffy. They're writing some new stuff i think, which has me really excited.

A mixture of thrash ,tech-death,old school (that is to say plain heavy),and both the american and british new waves and some prog-metal

Ptrack_Git:
Austrian Death Machine.
Go look them up. They are awesome.

Come with me, if you want to live.

OT- a mix of prog, melodic death, metalcore, and the classics (ozzy, iron maiden, etc.)

Though Protest the Hero and August Burns Red are my two favorites.

List part 2:

Celtic Frost
Mercenary
Katatonia
Swashbuckle
Verbal Deception
Alestorm
God Forbid
Poison black
PTH

Ah, the metal thread rears it's complex head once more. My brain freezes everytime I do this, though.

Here goes(Deep breath)

Thrash metal:
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Exodus
Kreator
Sodom

Black metal:
Absu
Burzum
Darkthrone

Melodeath:
In flames
The Black Dahlia Murder
CoB

Death metal:
Cannibal Corpse
Opeth
Death
Morbid Angel
Deicide
Vital Remains
Autopsy

Heavy metal:
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Pantera
Black Sabbath

(My brain... tis stalling)

Meh, it's enough, I guess. I can't help but think I'm missing alot of Death metal bands, though.

Oh, yeah, Damn! Testament, as well.

I hereby revive this thread with the power of PIRATE METAL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99a6DaheLqs

Filthy landlubbers!

Lukeydoodly:

Filthy landlubbers!

Subtle necro much?

I see your Alestorm, and raise you Ensiferum:

Massive fan of malb of god after seeing them on the 12th Feb :D:D:D

Rusty Bucket:

Lukeydoodly:

Filthy landlubbers!

Subtle necro much?

I see your Alestorm, and raise you Ensiferum:

Fuck yes

Alrighty then.... /crack fingers

Agalloch
Amon Amarth
Anaal Nathrakh
Averse Sefira
Bathory
Behemoth
Burzum
Carcass
Celtic Frost
Circle of Dead Children
Death
Dethklok
Ea
Fear Factory
Heaven & Hell
Human Mincer
Lord
Mayhem
Megadeth
Mirrorthrone
Morbid Angel
Napalm Death
Portal
Slayer
Strapping Young Lad
Sunn O)))
Unholy Matrimony
Weeping Birth
Wintersun

Covers of disco songs can be awesome when done properly.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked