Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

fucking A' mang, King Diamond is where its at

I think everyone here should listen to Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss. That is hands down their best album. It mixed the ferocity of Reign in Blood with some of the tempos and melodies of South of Heaven. Awesome riffs are peppered throughout every song, and nothing compares to listening to the whole thing beginning to end.

You know, I'm fed up of waiting for The Absence's new album now. They've released two studio diaries that consist of them doing pretty much bugger all and have yet to release any album info other than the name. Maybe that's just how they roll, but god damnit, it's frustrating.

Edit:

pantallica95:
I think everyone here should listen to Slayer's Seasons in the Abyss. That is hands down their best album. It mixed the ferocity of Reign in Blood with some of the tempos and melodies of South of Heaven. Awesome riffs are peppered throughout every song, and nothing compares to listening to the whole thing beginning to end.

I've never really listened much to Slayer, but I kind of feel like I should given their reputation and influence. Any songs you'd suggest starting with? Bear in mind I've not really listened to anything similar to their genre before, I usually listen to Death Metal.

My favorite kind of metal is mainly melo-death. My absolute favorite metal bands are:
1. In Flames
2. Children of Bodom
3. John 5
4. Dark Tranquillity
5. Trivium

Other metal bands I like include Rob Zombie, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, Nightwish, Slipknot, Adversary (pretty unknown band, I highly recommend checking out their album Singularity), Engel, Ministry, Everytime I Die and a bunch of other stuff.

Revived. Again.

Finntroll are awesome.

Arsen:
Name ONE metal band you don't think anyone has heard of, and I have probably heard of them in some way, shape, or form.

Fivewilldie

Lukeydoodly:
Revived. Again.

Finntroll are awesome.

Worst. Revive. Ever.

On an actually related note, The Absence have finally anounced a date for their new album. 14th September, incidentally the same day as the release of Halo Reach. that's a fucking awesome day right there. They've got a new song up on their Myspace, go take a listen people.

Rusty Bucket:

Lukeydoodly:
Revived. Again.

Finntroll are awesome.

Worst. Revive. Ever.

On an actually related note, The Absence have finally anounced a date for their new album. 14th September, incidentally the same day as the release of Halo Reach. that's a fucking awesome day right there. They've got a new song up on their Myspace, go take a listen people.

How it a bad revive? I made it, so it is good by default.

And when should we expect Necrophagist's album? Derp.

Lukeydoodly:

Rusty Bucket:

Lukeydoodly:
Revived. Again.

Finntroll are awesome.

Worst. Revive. Ever.

How it a bad revive? I made it, so it is good by default.

And when should we expect Necrophagist's album? Derp.

I just checked their official site and their myspace. The latest news is from April last year. They're like the Valve of the music world.

I got back from Sonisphere UK today.

I saw in this order:

Blaas of Glory (they're amazing, seriously, youtube them now)
Delain (like nightwish but better)
Turisas (insane mosh pits)
Alice Cooper

Family Force 5 (hilarious and really good live)
Sabaton
Soulfly (insane mosh pit)
Anthrax
Fear Factory (more insane mosh pits)
Good Charlotte (played their good stuff)
Apocalyptica (shredding a cello... amazing)
Papa Roach (played most of their good stuff)
Bleed From Within (tiny unknown band with insane mosh pit)
Motley Crue
Rammestein (absolutely huge mosh pit and the lead singer crowd surfed in a boat)

CKY (96 quite bitter beings, nuff said)
Skindred (if you don't know who these are go find out now... I'll wait... amazing live band)
Slayer
Pendulum (better that I expected)
Iron Maiden (didnt play run to the hills ): but did play number of the beast :D)

Anyone else at Sonisphere? Or any similarly amazing festivals recently?

GamesB2:
Snip.

You saw Apocalyptica? Damn it, I'm jealous. How do they sound live?

Rusty Bucket:

GamesB2:
Snip.

You saw Apocalyptica? Damn it, I'm jealous. How do they sound live?

They were just insane, they sounded freaking awesome, I was very impressed cause listening to them on youtube I didn't have high hopes about seeing them live.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Hey, a metal thread! This should get stickied, but I guess normal threads can't get stickied. Anyway, OT:
At the moment, I've gotten over the years of listening Nu and Alternative Metal, I mean I still like them, but I'm getting into other kinds of metal right now. Right now my favorite bands are:
Rammstein
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Metallica
D.R.I
Municipal Waste
Anthrax
Some Macedonian bands, namely Dojka (they're from my home town!), Mizar, The Nexus, Defekt, Titanium.

In my quest for new kinds of metal to listen to, I've found that I don't like Death (even though I like the music, I just can't get over the vocalists) or Black. But I've also found out that I really like Thrash metal, can someone suggest to me some other thrash metal bands, preferably in the style of Slayer.

David_G:
Hey, a metal thread! This should get stickied, but I guess normal threads can't get stickied. Anyway, OT:
At the moment, I've gotten over the years of listening Nu and Alternative Metal, I mean I still like them, but I'm getting into other kinds of metal right now. Right now my favorite bands are:
Rammstein
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Metallica
D.R.I
Municipal Waste
Anthrax
Some Macedonian bands, namely Dojka (they're from my home town!), Mizar, The Nexus, Defekt, Titanium.

In my quest for new kinds of metal to listen to, I've found that I don't like Death (even though I like the music, I just can't get over the vocalists) or Black. But I've also found out that I really like Thrash metal, can someone suggest to me some other thrash metal bands, preferably in the style of Slayer.

Kreator maybe? Don't listen to much slayer though, so they may be different. The song Betrayer in particular.

Anyway, I just discovered the band Fight, and it's absolutely fucking amazing. Rob Halford on vocals and Satchel (from Steelpanther) on guitars. Oh Yeah.

Actually, his solo career is pretty good too, so is Joey Belladonna's. Well, his first one, I heard the second one sucked.

Industrial Metal is where it's at, people. Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Ministry... Awesome stuff.

GamesB2:

Fucking love Bleed From Within, I got all of their albums. They rule!

Didn't BMTH also play Sonisphere?

The Infamous Scamola:

GamesB2:

Fucking love Bleed From Within, I got all of their albums on mp3 player. They rule!

Didn't BMTH also play Sonisphere?

Yeah but I didn't go see them.

That's only bands I saw.

And I really hate BMTH... I can't stand their music.

GamesB2:

I really hate BMTH... I can't stand their music.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus among metal fans. I really love 'em though, I'm really big into Metalcore and Deathcore.

I saw The Dillinger Escape Plan a few weeks ago when Warped Tour came near me. They were soooooooo good live. Their guitarist even put on a lion costume.

The Infamous Scamola:

GamesB2:

I really hate BMTH... I can't stand their music.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus among metal fans. I really love 'em though, I'm really big into Metalcore and Deathcore.

I'm okay with most music.

It's just their screaming is awful.

I like screaming that fits in with the music to at least some degree...

Perfect example of stuff I go crazy over -

Ironic Pirate:

Kreator maybe? Don't listen to much slayer though, so they may be different. The song Betrayer in particular.

Anyway, I just discovered the band Fight, and it's absolutely fucking amazing. Rob Halford on vocals and Satchel (from Steelpanther) on guitars. Oh Yeah.

Actually, his solo career is pretty good too, so is Joey Belladonna's. Well, his first one, I heard the second one sucked.

Kreator is way faster paced then Slayer. Especially their early songs.

But if you like 80's thrashmetal there are a lot more bands that are from the same decade as Slayer.

Kreator
Sodom <--- the big German 3
Destruction

Celtic Frost
Exumer
Evildead
Vio-lence
Violent Force <--- made one album it is insanely good
Razor
Metal Church
Onslaught
Whiplash
S.O.D.
Coroner
Violator
Tankard <--- BEERMETAL!

Fast stuff...
And then you have some newer stuff...

Dekapitator
Warbringer
Evile
Gamma Bomb
Municipal Waste

A couple of good songs from a couple of artists above

GamesB2:

Really don't see what you're getting at... but meh, opinions are opinions I guess.

The Infamous Scamola:

GamesB2:

Really don't see what you're getting at... but meh, opinions are opinions I guess.

I tried listening to some BMTH... I don't remember what song but the screaming just seemed disjointed like it was recorded without the background music in mind.

I know obviously it wasn't but it sounded that way to me...

I listen mainly to Death Metal, and there I listen mainly to Melodic Death Metal. Though I do listen to a bit of Heavy, Speed, Power, Black and some other kinds of Metal.

Does anyone here like Boris? They have a really different sound and tonnes of variety (some of their songs are closer to post-rock than heavy metal, some of it is more doom/stoner metal), which I think can be quite rare in metal these days. Also, I'm not normally a fan of metal lyrics so the fact that they sing in Japanese sorts that issue right out.

*casts resurrect thread*

You guys should seriously check out Be'Lakor's latest album here:
http://belakor.bandcamp.com/album/of-breath-and-bone

Stumbled across this album when I was reading angrymetalguy.com top ten of 2012. Heavy and dirty.

Damn, 2008 then 2010. And now 2013. I guess people don't want this to die.

ArcaneFyre:
Industrial Metal is where it's at, people. Strapping Young Lad, Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Ministry... Awesome stuff.

Strapping young lad. I just looked them up on youtube and that stuff really hits it off with me. Will look into it further. Have you checked out Dagoba? Awesome stuff. A lot of tech, groove, uber heavy riffs and very, very angry.
Check it:

Eddie the head:
Damn, 2008 then 2010. And now 2013. I guess people don't want this to die.

the Dept of Science:
-snipe-

Boris is pretty cool and stuff.

Admittedly, the only thing I've really listened to by them was Her Lips Were Wet With Venom that they did with Sunn O))), but I enjoyed that immensely.

How about some Post Metal, or Metalgaze/Metal-Shoegaze as it's called in some circles.

I really like Shoegaze, so mixing it with various different types of Metal makes sense to me, unlike the ordinary stuff.

Screw the ordinary stuff, it's the experimental stuff that kicks serious ass.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked