Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 26 NEXT

Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill are fucking amazing too. Mostly because of a few songs, like War Nerve on Trendkill and Im Broken and 5 Minutes Alone on Driven, but even without those songs, they are still brilliant albums.

WeedWorm:
Far Beyond Driven and The Great Southern Trendkill are fucking amazing too. Mostly because of a few songs, like War Nerve on Trendkill and Im Broken and 5 Minutes Alone on Driven, but even without those songs, they are still brilliant albums.

Don't forget Floods. Never forget Floods. :)

thebobmaster:
And to bring the thread back into focus, am I the only one who was impressed with "Death Magnetic"?

Quite possibly. I liked it, there were some good riffs and few things beat having a good run with That Was Just Your Life blasting into your ears, but it was pretty repetitive, especially the first three tracks. Still, it's a massive improvement on St Anger. There's life in the old dog yet.

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

Touche. One of the best songs to get stoned to. Especially the end when its just the rain and the guitar. So fucking cool. Even without that song, great album.

WeedWorm:

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

Touche. One of the best songs to get stoned to. Especially the end when its just the rain and the guitar. So fucking cool. Even without that song, great album.

And to that I concour :D. Although Stink fist by Tool and the whole Fu Manchu album California Crossing (especially Squash that Fly) can be added to the stoned music list.

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

And to that I concour :D. Although Stink fist by Tool and the whole Fu Manchu album California Crossing (especially Squash that Fly) can be added to the stoned music list.

How can you mention being stoned anf Tool without Third Eye in the same sentence? Thats just not natural :P

WeedWorm:

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

ZantetsukenQ:

WeedWorm:

How can you mention being stoned anf Tool without Third Eye in the same sentence? Thats just not natural :P

Brainfart. Happens often ^^. Sorry for the sight thread derailment.

The_Deleted:

GPScorpio:

Sigur Ros

..?

Oh right not metal, editing. It has some metal elements though.

The Eaten Cake:

thebobmaster:
And to bring the thread back into focus, am I the only one who was impressed with "Death Magnetic"?

Quite possibly. I liked it, there were some good riffs and few things beat having a good run with That Was Just Your Life blasting into your ears, but it was pretty repetitive, especially the first three tracks. Still, it's a massive improvement on St Anger. There's life in the old dog yet.

Everything is an improvement on St Anger.

metal's dead

ieatlions:
metal's dead

Any proof? Since what major catastrophe? care to elaborate? :)

since

ZantetsukenQ:

ieatlions:
metal's dead

since the begining of this decade

ieatlions:
metal's dead

Sos yer face

ieatlions:
since

ZantetsukenQ:

ieatlions:
metal's dead

Metallica is still popular and I hate to say this Bullet For My Valentine made metal a bit more famous in europe. Of course I could mention Disturbed but I don't think that Disturbed is metal (I still like the band).

Metal is not even close to death.

ieatlions:
since

ZantetsukenQ:

ieatlions:
metal's dead

In my opinion you have some researching to do mate. So much amazing stuff has come out this decade. Lamb of God getting the recognition they deserve for one, as well as the evolution of a lot of great bands.

Ohh yeah, i think its safe to say YHBT.

Thrash metal, early Death Metal, and Grindcore FTW!!!

ieatlions:
metal's dead

Just the way it likes it, baby.

Bocaj2000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yom8nNqmxvQ

This is Equilibrium. They are my favorite band. =D

I'm huge into prog stuff, like Between the Buried And Me and Dream Theater.
I also love GWAR and Alice Cooper. [top 5 in that order]

I'm surprised to see a lot of nu-metal lovers. I personally think that nu-metal serves only as a precursor to the heavier stuff. But because metal is such a broad genre of music, the fact that there's something for everbody.

EDIT:

Rusty Bucket:

O maestre:

Rusty Bucket:

I agree completely, i honestly can't see what the fuss is about. Same for Slayer and Dream Theater.

lol and just as quickly we must disagree, you mentioned two bands i would give the "fuckin a" medal to, especially dream theatre solely on account of john petrucci an extremely technical guitarist

See, i know he's amazing, but technical skill alone cannot make me like a band. Their music just seems to be them jumping up and down saying 'look at what we can do, we're so talented.' There doesn't seem to be any real substance to their music. I'd take Machine Head over them anyday.

That's dragonforce. Dream Theater is just a band that plays really well together. John Myung is probably my favorite bass player. And the drummer is one of the best I've seen. It's not just petrucci, it's the band being an amazing lineup.

Don't you mean StudioForce? AMIRITE?

I like some metal stuff, such as:

Sepultura (when Max was in the band)
Fear Factory
Soulfly
Womnal (I doubt anyone will have heard of them, they are from Melbourne)

There are some others, but I can't be bothered to type them...

I personally loved Death magnetic

Has anyone got Behemoths new EP? It's only got one new song but its still pretty good.

Lukeydoodly:
Has anyone got Behemoths new EP? It's only got one new song but its still pretty good.

They've released a one song EP? What's the point?

Also, send me it.

never really saw the point of EPs in the electronic age just stick a few songs on your myspace and be done with it

It does seem slightly ridiculous. Then again, the new song's quite good. Nice to know they're still writing stuff. I hope they do something different for their next album, The Apostasy was pretty much the same as Demigod.

Rusty Bucket:

TJ rock 101:
Disturbed
Slipknot
Korn
Bullet for my valentine
and sometimes linkin park if im in the mood.

I am hereby banning these bands from my thread. I don't care what you think of them, this thread is for metal, not dumbed down radio friendly stuff. I can just about cope with Slipknot and Bullet, but linkin park? Are you kidding me?
If linkin park or korn ever appear in here again, i'm going to go all Hitler and start killing people.

What about Disturbed? Disturbed are good, if you don't want to hear about Disturbed I may just need to cut your ears off.

Its probbable been metioined but I can't be bothered to go though the eight paged.
Can someone list some nu metal bands please?
Thanks

Satansixsix:
Its probbable been metioined but I can't be bothered to go though the eight paged.
Can someone list some nu metal bands please?
Thanks

No.

conqueror Kenny:
What about Disturbed? Disturbed are good, if you don't want to hear about Disturbed I may just need to cut your ears off.

They're mediocre, overly-catchy modern radio rock. Definitely not a metal band, and while they're not horrifically bad, they're not what I'd call "good" either.

searanox:

conqueror Kenny:

They're mediocre, overly-catchy modern radio rock. Definitely not a metal band, and while they're not horrifically bad, they're not what I'd call "good" either.

The word youre looking for is "Meh".

searanox:

conqueror Kenny:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Talk about them in this thread if you really want to, but don't expect anyone to talk back. And don't be surprised if you get hit with huge amounts of flame.

Rusty Bucket:

searanox:

conqueror Kenny:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Talk about them in this thread if you really want to, but don't expect anyone to talk back. And don't be surprised if you get hit with huge amounts of flame.

Fair enough; not like their any Metallica or Maiden. But doesn't mean that I don't like them.

conqueror Kenny:

Rusty Bucket:

searanox:

conqueror Kenny:

Fair enough; not like their any Metallica or Maiden. But doesn't mean that I don't like them.

Course it doesn't, i've nothing at all wrong with you liking them. Each to his own and all that. I personally can't stand them. Apart from ten thousand fists, that's ok.

So, anyone else here like the Tetris theme tune?

metallica, megadeth, iron maiden alittle bit (only "be quick or be dead"), lamb of god, children of bodom, blind guardion,opeth, and anything that has banjos in it.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked