Metal thread

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 26 NEXT

steeple:
metallica, megadeth, iron maiden alittle bit (only "be quick or be dead"), lamb of god, children of bodom, blind guardion,opeth, and anything that has banjos in it.

Banjos? Nice. Have a listen to The Absence. Not for any reason related to your post, just because they're awesome. I'll keep name dropping them everywhere until i've converted people.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Under Threat? Really good melodic death metal band. If you can find it, pick up the album 'Deathmosphere'. Some really nice guitar work.

Rusty Bucket:

steeple:
metallica, megadeth, iron maiden alittle bit (only "be quick or be dead"), lamb of god, children of bodom, blind guardion,opeth, and anything that has banjos in it.

Banjos? Nice. Have a listen to The Absence. Not for any reason related to your post, just because they're awesome. I'll keep name dropping them everywhere until i've converted people.

Also, has anyone ever heard of Under Threat? Really good melodic death metal band. If you can find it, pick up the album 'Deathmosphere'. Some really nice guitar work.

No matter how deep I dig I can't find any bands like this. How is it that you find them?

I have found amazons if you like this you might like this pretty helpful sometimes for locating bands that I have never heard of

GPScorpio:

Rusty Bucket:

steeple:

No matter how deep I dig I can't find any bands like this. How is it that you find them?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670916&highlight=melodic+death+metal
That thread mainly. Also wandering around wikipedia, looking at bands top friends on myspace. Sputnik music review site is also pretty helpful. And if you have the patience to trawl through massive lists, try http://www.metal-archives.com/index.php Alternatively, just ask me or Lukeydoodly (we have the exact same taste) and we'll give you a list.

All the older metal. Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest. Actually I listen to most metal. Fave is Black Label Society. Awesome

I believe i forgot Elvenking. Not their new album, however.

Just found a decent melodic death metal band. Here's theie myspace; http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=17105227
They're called The Arcane Order, signed to Metal Blade. They have two albums out; In the Wake of Collisions and The Machinery of Oblivion. Give them a listen.

Rusty Bucket:
Just found a decent melodic death metal band. Here's theie myspace; http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=17105227
They're called The Arcane Order, signed to Metal Blade. They have two albums out; In the Wake of Collisions and The Machinery of Oblivion. Give them a listen.

Wow pretty good. Ill try and find their albums.

A good listen is Rush or Danko Jones.

If you guys/girls want a laugh check out kids rock on youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r5R8gSgedh4

Leeathal:

Please read the title of this thread. Neither of those are metal. They're just heavy rock.

Oh, and the edit button is there for a reason. Stop double posting.

Rusty Bucket:

Leeathal:

Please read the title of this thread. Neither of those are metal. They're just heavy rock.

Rush isn't even heavy rock. It's prog rock.

Has anyone mentioned Exodus? They are fucking awesome.

Anyone here a grindcore fan? If you are, check out Exhale. Excellent Swedish grind.

speaking of grindcore. or rather some sort of core, has anyone been avid about Dillinger escape plan?

If there's anyone looking for some melodic death metal, have a listen to Under Threat. I'd link you to some pages but i'm too lazy right now, remind me later. Anyway, try and get hold of their latest album 'Deathmosphere'.

O maestre:
speaking of grindcore. or rather some sort of core, has anyone been avid about Dillinger escape plan?

Yeah, but I'm such a huge Mike Patton fan that its tough for me to get over the 'Irony is a Dead Scene' album. Their more recent albums are still great though.

Trenches is one of my new fav bands. It is the former frontman of Haste the Days new band.

And yeah, Dillinger is damn good.

O maestre:

That is not a grindcore band.

Speaking of grindcore, I only really like it if it's combined with death metal, i.e. something like Prostitute Disfigurement.

The only metal I listen to is Megadeth and old Iron Maiden (Di'Annio's stuff, which is more punk than metal anyway)

I can't listen to black/death/power metal without laughing. The fact that those guys take themselves that seriously is amazing to me.

Wasder:
All the older metal. Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest. Actually I listen to most metal. Fave is Black Label Society. Awesome

Zakk Wylde FTW!

And his guitar designs are pure awesome :P

Forgive me if this has already been posted as I haven't had chance to read through the entire thread yet, but feel free to have a look at the image below. It's quite interesting and although not 100% accurate I think it's a damn good job;-

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Metal_Genealogy.jpg

Also if you love METAL look out for a documentary called "Metal: A Headbangers Journey" - I think it is available on Google Video. Well worth a watch.

I am into most kinds of Metal/Punk but to narrow it down a bit I currently have on my mp3 player some Children of Bodom, Meshuggah, Arch Enemy, Shadows Fall, Lagwagon, Bad Religion :)

searanox:

O maestre:

That is not a grindcore band.

Speaking of grindcore, I only really like it if it's combined with death metal, i.e. something like Prostitute Disfigurement.

like i wrote, "or rather some sort of core" a poor attempt to turn the discussion towards the band

AuntyEthel:
The only metal I listen to is Megadeth and old Iron Maiden (Di'Annio's stuff, which is more punk than metal anyway)

I can't listen to black/death/power metal without laughing. The fact that those guys take themselves that seriously is amazing to me.

Why shouldn't they take themselves seriously? If their music is serious, then there's nothing wrong with it.

Rusty Bucket:

Why shouldn't they take themselves seriously? If their music is serious, then there's nothing wrong with it.

I think he is referring to the stereotype of black(I am evil hear me roar)death(I kill babies and eat them for breakfast)and power(dragons controlled by mystical wizards)and unfortunately that is a rather popular thing for many bands of those types though not all are like that and some are rather good and serious

dangerousdave_42:

Rusty Bucket:

I think he is referring to the stereotype of black(I am evil hear me roar)death(I kill babies and eat them for breakfast)and power(dragons controlled by mystical wizards)and unfortunately that is a rather popular thing for many bands of those types though not all are like that and some are rather good and serious

Well yeah, but its a disturbingly shallow stereotype. Most sterotypes have an awful lot of truth in them, but this one doesn't, showing he has almost no prior knowledge of the genre.

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist! I speak, of course, of Heavy Metal!

AhhhhHHHHHhhhHHHHhhhhhhHHH!

No one can destroy the metal... the metal will strike you down with a vicious blow...

^^ I listen mostly to Metallica and Iron Maiden, with some Sabbath in there for some vintage nostalgia.

Rusty Bucket:

AuntyEthel:

I dunno how to explain it, but just the way the bands often dress up and scream about blood and Satan really amuses me. Cradle, Immortal etc are meant to look fearsome/scary/something, but I really can't see why someone would look at them and go, "Damn they look cool!"

AuntyEthel:

Rusty Bucket:

AuntyEthel:

I dunno how to explain it, but just the way the bands often dress up and scream about blood and Satan really amuses me. Cradle, Immortal etc are meant to look fearsome/scary/something, but I really can't see why someone would look at them and go, "Damn they look cool!"

When bands first started dressing like fools it was probably a big deal. But now bands just do it to 'fit in' with the genre I guess. And almost all of the death metal I listen to doesn't sing (growl/scream?) about gore and whatnot. In fact, I don't even care what the lyrics are.

Lukeydoodly:
When bands first started dressing like fools it was probably a big deal. But now bands just do it to 'fit in' with the genre I guess. And almost all of the death metal I listen to doesn't sing (growl/scream?) about gore and whatnot. In fact, I don't even care what the lyrics are.

Out of curiosity, what do they sing about? I thought death metal was usually about gore/death. And do you mean dm as in Cannibal Corpse, or melodic death?

AuntyEthel:

Lukeydoodly:

Out of curiosity, what do they sing about? I thought death metal was usually about gore/death. And do you mean dm as in Cannibal Corpse, or melodic death?

well, melodic death metal certainly isn't just about death and gore. It was really only earlier forms of death metal that did that. Lots of modern death metal bands talk about, well, anything they want.

In fact i'm going to go check the lyrics to alot of the songs I have.

Lukeydoodly:

Let me know how that turns out. I suspect the results won't be too good. I have very little faith in death metal bands lyric capabilities (except for The Absence of course. Have i name dropped them enough yet?)

Has anyone here ever listened to Archons? Their first album came out this year. http://www.myspace.com/archons There's their myspace.

Rusty Bucket:

Lukeydoodly:

Let me know how that turns out. I suspect the results won't be too good. I have very little faith in death metal bands lyric capabilities (except for The Absence of course. Have i name dropped them enough yet?)

Has anyone here ever listened to Archons? Their first album came out this year. http://www.myspace.com/archons There's their myspace.

I'm slightly confused with some of the lyrics. I mean one song is about reincarnation, and the song after is about the earth being destroyed. I guess they don't care about having one concept for a whole album.

Well it was Decrepit Birth and their vocals/lyrics are not the focus of my attention.

Arsen:
Name ONE metal band you don't think anyone has heard of, and I have probably heard of them in some way, shape, or form.

Threnodic

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked