Satanist make Fred Phelps dead mother a lesbian.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Yes, you read that right, folks!!

A Satanist group went to Mississippi and turned Fred Phelps mother into a lesbian in the afterlife. When I heard this on the radio, I just started laughing. Regardless of your view on Satanist, this is the funniest shit I have seen all week! Thoughts, complaints, and general "Everyone point and Laugh at Westboro" comments welcome.

XD

I am not sure if this is proper payback, unfair treatment of the woman's grave, random, or some combination of all the above, but it is just FUNNY.

I particularly love that the WBC didn't even show up. I do wonder why...

"We couldn't subject ourselves to the sin of viewing a @#$%^& act, lest we be tempted by lust. So tempted... so tempted..."

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! ^_^

I never thought that I'd be rooting for a bunch of almost certainly fake Satanists!

...I don't know whether to say "Sick burn, dudes" or "WTF am I even reading?". I'm leaning towards the second option.

Really though, regardless of whether you like this, dislike this, think it's in bad taste, or whatnot, it's not really helpful at all.

The WBC are a group of organized real-life trolls. Poking the trolls doesn't help, it just enables them to respond. The most effective way to fight the WBC is to just ignore their bullshit and don't even recognize them. Talking about them just legitimizes them. If no one paid attention to them, they'd eventually go away.

If you let what they do get to you, they win.

Those gosh-darned satanists, up to their terrible hijinx again! It's even worse than the time when they'd used their magical Satan-powers to teleport away my girlfriend's chocolate ice cream and place chocolate ice cream stains on my mouth, so that she thought I'd eaten it.

On one hand I want to laugh my ass off.

On the other, I find this deeply disturbing. It's a step to far in my opinion.

I'm trying to find a way to describe what I'm thinking, but failing. It's just disturbing to me.

Ok, that just proves that the world is a strange, odd but amusing place sometimes.

I would ask that they respect the dead, but well...

I just had a thought. [1]

This kind of reminds me of the Mormon practice of baptizing or converting the dead so that they won't burn in hell for eternity.

Only reversed, of course. <_<

[1] And did it hurt!

To respect the dead or not to respect the dead....
It's so hard to choose because this is hilarious.

Didn't Fred Phelps found the WBC? So his mother didn't really have a whole lot to do with it. So yea, pretty uncool. It's also disrespectful towards gay folks, implying that being gay is something you can turn on or off. And lastly, it's kind of dumb.

But then, telling Satanists they should be ashamed of being assholes is just as pointless as this "pink mass" prank, so whatever.

So the Klu Klux Klan has disowned the Phelps....

Now the satanist have turned against them...

...I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable with the people I share this side on...

Copper Zen:

This kind of reminds me of the Mormon practice of baptizing or converting the dead so that they won't burn in hell for eternity.

Is that a legit thing?

God, those South Park guys are right. Mormon's are nice folk.

[1] And did it hurt!

SaneAmongInsane:

Is that a legit thing?

Just looked it up. It's odd but true. And apparently there are biblical passages to explain where the idea came from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_for_the_dead

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/why-are-mormons-performing-baptisms-for-dead-peopl

Right....

Because disrespecting gravesites is totally okay if we don't like the people the dead are related too. Has the world finally gone mad? This is sick.

If you find this funny I just have to ask where your humanity went.

Yeah this is kinda weak.

Foo Fighters trolled WBC better than anyone IMO, by way of dressing up in the outfits featured in the music video that WBC was protesting over, then playing a song about gay sex in front of them, only for Shirley Phelps to not realize it was about gay sex and admit to loving the song. Grade A trolling.

I really can't help but find this a little disturbing.

I dislike WBC as much as the next guy and I do my best to ignore them as much as I want to get back at them for some of the messed up things they do, but I kind of draw the line at the disturbing a gravesite.

Seriously, I think that's low.

torno:

I dislike WBC as much as the next guy and I do my best to ignore them as much as I want to get back at them for some of the messed up things they do, but I kind of draw the line at the disturbing a gravesite.

I do understand the sentiment, but WBC has brought this on themselves.

Would you draw the line at harassing a community recently devastated by a tornado? Or a dead soldier who left a wife and three kids alone?

BOOM headshot65:

A Satanist group went to Mississippi and turned Fred Phelps mother into a lesbian in the afterlife. When I heard this on the radio, I just started laughing.

How does this sentence make sense to the rest of you?

"Further, if beliefs are inviolable rights, nobody has the right to challenge our right to believe that Fred Phelps believes that his mother is now gay."

that is just way too funny :D

piinyouri:

torno:

I do understand the sentiment, but WBC has brought this on themselves.

Would you draw the line at harassing a community recently devastated by a tornado? Or a dead soldier who left a wife and three kids alone?

Yeah, that's a good point, let me move that line a bit.
But still, two wrongs don't make a right (I know a lot of you are going to try to prove me wrong there, but let's not attach strings for one second).
I really don't see how this helps anybody in any way.

Captcha: face the music
Hush your face, Captcha.

torno:

It won't change their ways, I'm sure, but it might help the Westboro cunts feel a dose of their own medicine for a change. Who knows, it may even show to some individuals in the group that pulling shit like this is a fucked up, harmful practice and will convince one or two to leave. So there is the possibility of good to come out of it after all.

BathorysGraveland2:

torno:

It won't change their ways, I'm sure, but it might help the Westboro cunts feel a dose of their own medicine for a change. Who knows, it may even show to some individuals in the group that pulling shit like this is a fucked up, harmful practice and will convince one or two to leave. So there is the possibility of good to come out of it after all.

While I don't agree to stooping to their level, that second point has some merit.
If at least one person in there goes "Wow, we've kind of been dicks, haven't we?" then yeah, I think I'll consider this a victory in some way.

Well it isn't really okay, but the woman is dead it's not like she's going to care, the only other people who have any real cause to be offended is the WBC themselves and honestly they've done enough that not only will I not give them any sympathy but I'd go so far as to say they had it coming.

MichiganMuscle77:
Yeah this is kinda weak.

Foo Fighters trolled WBC better than anyone IMO, by way of dressing up in the outfits featured in the music video that WBC was protesting over, then playing a song about gay sex in front of them, only for Shirley Phelps to not realize it was about gay sex and admit to loving the song. Grade A trolling.

I don;t know, there's been some good ones.

They 'protested' at a beach once, and the entire street they were on turned into a party, complete with straight and gay couples dancing to super gay music and making out a few feet in front of WBC.

And in a small town where they showed up to protest a funeral, they stayed at a motel. The next morning, their van was completely blocked in by cars that had been parked there the night before. They tried to call in some transportation, but every taxi or bus service they called basically said 'Nope.' They called the Police to report the illegal parking, but when they showed up, they took one look at it, said it seemed legit, and left it as is. The funeral went on without a hitch.

Se, WBC is a good thing. They bring small towns together!

SaneAmongInsane:

Copper Zen:

Is that a legit thing?

As a former Mormon, yeah its something they do. I was always a little conflicted on the practice, since I feel like if my family wanted them to do something like this for me, I would feel my beliefs were being disrespected (well, I would be dead, but if I was still alive somehow I would feel disrespected) on the other hand, if they are right about the afterlife, nice work! If they are wrong, they just got dressed in some weird clothes and played in the water, so no harm done.
More on topic: does this mean there is sex in the afterlife? Because, if not this was really pointless. Is the sex reproductive? Can babies be born already dead and in the afterlife? If not, is it against catholic teachings? And I just looked up the group who did it, they are non-theistic satanists. As in they don't believe in Satan as a literal being but as a metaphor. So how in the name of the Seven Princes, Rulers of Hell, Hallowed be They, did they just make someone gay in a afterlife they don't think exists?

[1] And did it hurt!

SaneAmongInsane:
So the Klu Klux Klan has disowned the Phelps....

Now the satanist have turned against them...

...I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable with the people I share this side on...

Satanists aren't as bad as you think. To quote from the website of the Satanic Temple (the group that did this)
"1. Strive to act with compassion and reciprocity toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing pursuit.
3. People are fallible, and although we should all try to do our best, poor judgment is inevitable. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it, and resolve any harm that may have been caused by our misdeeds.
4. One's body is inviolable, subject to one's own will alone.
5. Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
6. The freedoms of others should be respected, even the freedom to offend. To willfully encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forego your own.
7. There are, and will continue to be, things unknown and misunderstood. We must recognize this, never taking pride in ignorance, never assuming the unknown to be forever unknowable.
8. While proselytizing might have noble intent, it is not acceptable to coerce or push your beliefs on others. It is always best to lead by example.
9. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion and wisdom should always prevail over the written or spoken word."
So yeah, they seem like alright fellows.

I can't see this as anything but another excuse for the WBC to protest a funeral as some sort of revenge. These people are pretty much immune to hate and opposition, or they wouldn't still be doing what they're doing today. The family of the funeral they may protest probably won't be so thick-skinned, especially considering the circumstances that the protest will happen during. While it's amusing, the only thing it really does in the long-run is give WBC more ammo and more spotlight.

Copper Zen:

This kind of reminds me of the Mormon practice of baptizing or converting the dead so that they won't burn in hell

You don't "burn in hell" if you're not baptized into the LDS church.

Just FYI.

[1] And did it hurt!

Satanic lesbians are the third best kind of lesbians!

I'm curious to see how the WBC react to this and whether they will have to start picketing themselves because of their new found family gayness.

Shadowstar38:
Right....

Because disrespecting gravesites is totally okay if we don't like the people the dead are related too. Has the world finally gone mad? This is sick.

To be honest I laughed at this because of just how bizarre it was. I actually had no idea it was related to WBC until I saw some of the comments and clicked the links (for some reason seeing the name Fred Phelps wasn't enough of a hint for me).

Arnoxthe1:

Copper Zen:

This kind of reminds me of the Mormon practice of baptizing or converting the dead so that they won't burn in hell

You don't "burn in hell" if you're not baptized into the LDS church.

Just FYI.

No, instead there is "outer darkness" which is a bit like Hell but less, well, hellish. Of course "spirit prison" is where they claim to be baptizing the souls from, which is a bit like purgatory.

[1] And did it hurt!

torno:

Shadowstar38:
Right....

Dead people are dead. They are physically unable to care about anything; they are no more. There is nothing intrinsically bad about this. Furthermore: how is this disturbing a grace in any way? Disturbing implies opening it, which, as far as I read, they did not do.

Lonewolfm16:

No, instead there is "outer darkness" which is a bit like Hell but less, well, hellish. Of course "spirit prison" is where they claim to be baptizing the souls from, which is a bit like purgatory.

Outer Darkness is a place where the souls who absolutely and utterly refuse to accept any kind of law or rule go. They cannot be reasoned with at all. They refuse to progress. They are completely set in their ways. There can only be one fate for them at that point.

Spirit Prison sounds worse than it actually is. Further reading.

Arnoxthe1:

Lonewolfm16:

Outer Darkness is a place where the souls who absolutely and utterly refuse to accept any kind of law or rule go. They cannot be reasoned with at all. They refuse to progress. They are completely set in their ways. There can only be one fate for them at that point.

Spirit Prison sounds worse than it actually is. Further reading.

I was raised Mormon, so I understand the doctrine well enough. the Outer Darkness is essentially Hell, and is mentioned as such, but isn't really so much torture as just exclusion. And spirit prison is, again, basically equivalent to purgatory, but instead suffering for your sins, you just get another chance to accept the doctrines, including by proxy baptism, as long as you accept it. All in all alot more fair than the "all or nothing" Christian approach. In some ways it reminds me of Buddhism, just with less attempts.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked