On Ends and New Beginnings

Greetings Escapists!

For the past two years it has been my privilege to be this publication's Community Manager. I've met you guys through social events like March Mayhem, moderation disputes, giveaways, at the Escapist Expo or by just hanging out together in the forums. I'm constantly impressed by your compassion, insight and intelligence as a community, and I can genuinely say that being invited to work with you has helped me to be a better and wiser person. Thank you all for that.

But even the sweetest songs must eventually end. It's time to close this lovely chapter and begin the next step in my life's journey. I'm beginning law school in less than a month at my alma mater, UNC - Chapel Hill. I bet that will surprise roundabout none of you, hah.

I know the thought of me leaving may concern some, but remember: Don't Panic! I will still be around the site, poking around as a regular member of the mod team and publishing reviews as I can. You can also expect to see me at Expo, so please come out and say hi!

S0osleepie (assisted by JonB) will be stepping into my shoes, so please feel free to go to them with questions or concerns about the site. They are both extremely capable and kind people, and I hope that you will treat them with the courtesy I know that you are capable of.

Yours truly,
Ma'idah Nasrin Lashani

I'll miss you Nas D:

Best of luck with all your future endeavours.

See You Space Cowgirl

Good luck for the future!

I would say I'd miss you, but you're still hanging around :D

Also good luck with law school, although I'm sure you'll ace it anyway.

And finally, all hail our new Community Overlord, S0osleepie, and Community Minion, JonB! =P

Take care, Nas. We wish you all of the best! ^_^

Also, here...

So we're trading a law school student for a law school graduate.

...are we that bad? :)

Sad to see you go, Nas!
There was only really you and Susan who were my inspirations on here, now you're both gone? ):
Best of luck in the future~~ ♥

Another girl as Community Manager? And I was hoping I didn't have to suck my tummy in when appealing mod decisions anymore!

Also:

Best of luck Nasrin.

In that photo - was it tickly having that girl nuzzle your head like that..?

Thank goodness what's going to happen isn't as bad as I thought when I read the title...

I hope the new Community Managers will do as good of jobs as you.

Oh, and be sure to quote Ace Attorney whenever you can in law school!

Best of luck to you, Nasrin.

I don't really know you beyond that one video I saw you do (must have been bad sound quality or something), but you seem pretty cool. I hope you do well for yourself!

:<

Good luck, Nasrin. You were always one of the best working on the sites, especially after people like Arendt left :<

... Wha... Aaahhhhhh :(

It's always hard to see staff members go, especially when I just notice it on my own. At least you'll still be around!
But, I am still sad. I already miss Russ and the other good people who made this a better place.

Do stay around, for I would love to see you on the forums at least. May the best come your way Nasrin.
Also good luck with your dreams, it sounds like a solid deal overall. :')

We've already discussed your departure elsewhere, but I felt I had to make my despair Escapist-official. In case you were wondering, this is what I looked like when I found out:

Good luck Nas! See you in October!

Oh well, good luck on your academic endeavours, hope you achieve your goals and all that.
If it's worth anything you were pretty good at managing this community, so yeah you're a cool cat, and thanks for everything, especially stuff I hope you don't remember :D

Nasrin:

But even the sweetest songs must eventually end.

Nooo! Where's the repeat button??! Youtube tells me there's always a repeat button! D:

OT: Good luck with your schooling, and do join in our shenanigans from time to time. :)

All the sadness I feel please make it stop! D:
What's with all the people leaving/stepping down from their positions here. I mean we lost Susan, Russ, Steve, I don't see Logan, or John Funk around anymore either. Makes me even sadder.
At least you aren't fully leaving us, but it's still sad because I loved you as Community Manager. On another note, you know you've been on this site for a long time when you remember the other Community Managers as well.

Sad to see you go, but at least you're still hanging around in some capacity.

Good luck in Law School Nas and maybe I'll get to see you again at the Expo. :D

Best of luck in all your endeavors! You're leaving a good mark on this site. ^.^

Well It's sad to see you go but I can understand the reasons for going back to school. Hell I just graduated college and I am already thinking of going back for a masters degree at some point in the near future. Though it is really sad to see you go and I wish you the best of luck in law school!

Good luck with the future Nas :3

Nasrin:

But even the sweetest songs must eventually end. It's time to close this lovely chapter and begin the next step in my life's journey. I'm beginning law school in less than a month at my alma mater, UNC - Chapel Hill. I bet that will surprise roundabout none of you, hah.

Yours truly,
Ma'idah Nasrin Lashani

if you successfully finish your studies and have a decent degree in it and come back, you are obligated to start any thread with this greeting and only this kind of greeting:

also dont betray it.

Take care you adorable rascal! I'm gonna miss your laugh on Podcat!

I'm going to miss you on the Podcat.

Best of luck out there BossNas, go kick the law's ass /wave

Go. Just go. It's not like we need you or like you or anything...

OK, I would have asked you to stay but 1. You're not actually leaving 2. it would have been a rather selfish thing to ask. Whatever is what you want to do, you should go for it, if it makes you happy. Even if it's law. I mean, I would have preferred if you were out to save the Earth, but I guess some people are underachievers here. :P

You will be as missed presence here. Good luck, and have fun!

DoPo:

OK, I would have asked you to stay but 1. You're not actually leaving 2. it would have been a rather selfish thing to ask. Whatever is what you want to do, you should go for it, if it makes you happy. Even if it's law. I mean, I would have preferred if you were out to save the Earth, but I guess some people are underachievers here. :P

Of course I'm still going to save the Earth. You need a firm grip on the law in order to do so! Or a really big robot. I don't have the later, so I'm focusing on the former!

Nasrin:
Of course I'm still going to save the Earth. You need a firm grip on the law in order to do so! Or a really big robot. I don't have the later, so I'm focusing on the former!

Robots? Nah. All you need is a motorcycle, and a fancy helmet. You could be judge, jury, and executioner. Also practice frowning a lot.

Working at the Escapist must be hell 'cos nobody stays here!

Good luck with serving out justice ... or as the crims call it, ruining lives.

Ps. You have a badass name.

Nasrin:

DoPo:

Why not both? You can have a giant robot and do law with it. You can call it...the law-bot. You're welcome :)

Nasrin:
snip

Are you still deciding on which branch of Law you may be going into? As someone with a BS in Biology I know for a fact that the genetics branch has been a hot field since the early 90's and shall continue to become ever more important as the US (and world) governments come to grips with the staggering differences between patents in the biological fields and non-biological fields.

I remember reading an article in National Geographic at least 8 years ago which mentioned (and descried) someone being awarded ALL patent rights to ALL cotton strains EVERYWHERE--no matter WHO came up with them by WHATEVER MEANS--simply because the court didn't have a clue as to how far reaching its ruling ranged.

Indeed, I remember reading the scientific journals Science and Nature back in the early 90's when the head of the C.D.C.'s Human Genome Project--a fellow by the name of James D. Watson who was half of the two man team who discovered the helix nature of DNA--was forced to resign from the project because he objected to the project's PATENTING every gene they mapped--despite their not knowing what the multitude of genes did etc, etc, ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Genome_Project

Ma'idah! Good luck, and kick some legal butt!

You will be missed!

I'm a bit late to the party, but good luck, and I hope you have a good time, Nasrin.
And sorry about that time I scared you by changing my username. As entertaining as it may have been.

I'll always remember the time you got pissed at me for reporting you for a low content post XD
Sad to see you go. Good luck in lawland!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked