Seven Sins Personality Question

Pages 1 2 NEXT

A question I sometimes like to ask friends of mine is, of the seven deadly sins, what ones are you more guilty of from most to least?

It's always rather interesting to see what order people pick these things and I think it helps you get an understanding of how someone views themselves.

So, just a reminder, the sins are.

Greed
Sloth
Pride
Wrath
Envy
Lust
Gluttony

My own order from most guilty of to least is this.

Sloth>Greed>Lust>Gluttony>Wrath>Envy>Pride

As a note. This has no bearing on religion. It doesn't matter if you're Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostic, or a Scientologist. This is just a fun little question about our faults.

Sloth first, because well, I like hanging around the house not doing anything.
Next would be pride, as I don't like getting no for an answer and I'm too much of a perfectionist. Trying to work on that...
Greed next, for me wanting more stuff and money as much as many others human beings want.
Wrath and envy I tend not to have to deal with much. I'm not a vengefull person as I tend to seek mistakes and screw ups more in myself then others. I also don't envy people at all, except for the off occassion when I'm feeling down and see others having loads of fun.
Last would be gluttony and lust. I don't really over indulge myself with food and I really tend to eat too little. In regards to lust, I'm somewhat of an extreme introvert so I don't get to practice that one often if at all. :p

Edit: I only just realised my username in relation to this thread is funny. (Slow brain day.)

In order of most guilty to least, I'm...

Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Lust, Greed, Pride.

I'm a shamefully angry-lazy-fat fuck :(

It should be interesting to see what others get.

EDIT: This was actually scary easy for me seeing as I have recent examples of my top three :/

Sloth>Pride>Lust>Gluttony>Wrath>Greed/Envy

A couple of years ago that would have probably been just about reversed, but I've been a lot less angry and materialistic of late so the associated sins slipped way down to the bottom.
Motivation is always a problem for me, enough so to give Sloth the top spot.
At least with the people I usually see IRL, I'm usually right about most things and don't greatly enjoy being proven wrong, so that's Pride.
Lust...if I were a more suave dude that would get put into practice more often, as-is it just means being waaaaaaayyyy too distracted when talking to good-looking women.
Honestly I'm pretty ok with my level of Gluttony because my love of eating led me to learning how to cook, so I guess that one worked out alright.

Gluttony > Wrath > Lust > Pride > Sloth > Greed/Envy.

I love eating. I really do - I mean I really freaking do.

Wrath? hahaha.
Put me in a league of legends game with a troll and watch me go.

Lust? I'm sorry, I'm a tumblr user I can't help it. To the Ereri tag we go~~

Pride?
Once again, league of legends game.

Sloth? Not so bad, I usually get my work done and completely pre-emptively so I can laze about later although...whether or not doing your work sooner so you can be lazy later is actually a deadly sin is a mystery to me.

Green and Envy? Not much I mean...all I want is to be able to live a comfortable life - not some great wealth or great amount of money just...I wanna be happy.

From most to least:

Lust - Nuff said

Pride - I have a very high opinion of myself

Sloth - I'm often lazy if something doesn't interest me

Envy - I can be envious of those who have something more than me

Greed - Sometimes greedy

Gluttony - Don't to eat that much or waste

Wrath - I very rarely get angry

Lust. I've done too many stupid things for guys.
Envy. My jealousy is crippling sometimes. I'm happy because I don't feel jealousy with my current boyfriend because he doesn't do anything to make me jealous like my last ones did.
Wrath. I have a VERY short fuse and won't back down from an argument, I won't let people get the last word in to.
Greed. I've been told I'm materialistic plenty of times (I don't think I am...) I love having money. I'm so happy when I have lots of money and if I had more of it I would be ecstatic.
Gluttony. I actually don't eat as much as people think but I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth D;
Sloth. I can be quite lay, have a habit of not cleaning up after myself.
Pride. I don't think highly of myself at all.

Lust - I have a very active imagination, and my favourite things to imagine all seem to end up sexy

Gluttony - I love chocolate too much for my own good

Sloth - I'm often tempted to just sit around, but I do a good job of controlling it.

Greed - Not too much, but a bit

Wrath - I get ticked off over minor things a fair bit, but rarely hugely angry

Pride - I have too many self-esteem issues to struggle with this one <_<

Envy - The pride thing makes me not be jealous of people much, I have more a problem with feeling like I don't deserve anything good that others might have anyway

CYNIC ALERT! CYNIC ALERT!

I'm going to say what it says to me about people when they identify themselves with each individual one.

Greed - "I have mine, screw everyone else."

Lust - "I'm getting laid and you aren't, suckas!"

Wrath - "Look at me wrong and I will break you."

Gluttony - "Yeah, just make me a sandwich."

Pride - "I'm full of myself and see no problem with it."

Envy - "I want to have everything without working for anything."

Sloth - "I'm a lazy ass."

Conclusion: Not sure if people seem that way because I hate them, or if I hate them because they seem that way.

Conclusion 2: I guess "wrath" is mine. But hey, wrath is cool.

Gluttony and sloth tied for first, no question. Greed and Envy next, I expect. Pride, Wrath and then Lust last.

I've gotten lazier over the years and have been overweight since childhood and love to eat, so those two are easy. I also always compare myself to people and come up short and desiring money is always something at the back of my mind. I place monetary values on everything, including people. Pride, because I think I'm smarter than everyone, wrath, because I have a temper, and not so much for lust, because it's not that big a deal to me.

Sloth is definitely the winner. I'm incredibly lazy.

Then I guess Pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony and wrath.

Lust, Lust, Envy, Lust, Pride.

That's my order and I am sticking to it.

I got sloth so bad. The number of quite serious problems procrastinating has caused me is untrue. Shit just snowballs.

The rest, I probably slip up and exhibit them from time to time, but mostly I have them all under control and they aren't significant parts of my personality. Although arguably that's because I'm too slothful to put in the energy needed to do those vices justice.

JoJo:
From most to least:

Lust - Nuff said

Pride - I have a very high opinion of myself

Sloth - I'm often lazy if something doesn't interest me

Envy - I can be envious of those who have something more than me

Greed - Sometimes greedy

Gluttony - Don't to eat that much or waste

Wrath - I very rarely get angry

I'm going to quote you simply for ease of use, as this is how I would rank myself as well.

"But GrinningCat!" you say, "That's pretty lazy of you to do! How Slothful!" Yes, well, you can clearly see how much higher my Lust and Pride must still be.

Man, the things you'd see on my computer. It'd give you nightmares!

My order:

Envy- I can be jealous of others, but I usually want to try to succeed rather than just sit around being envious.

Greed- I can see myself being a bit greedy once I start making decent money, I'm not greedy now, but I may be in the future!

Pride- Even if I don't have the best self confidence, I think more highly of myself than I probably should.

Lust- 21 year old male, do I need to explain? Though I wouldn't say I'm sex crazed in any sense of the word.

Gluttony- I eat a lot, but I exercise a lot too, this would've been number 2 about 3 years ago.

Sloth- I can still be very lazy sometimes, but as I already mentioned I exercise every day. This would've been number 1 a few years back.

Wrath- I almost never get angry, and in the off chance I do, I won't show it much.

Vegosiux:

Conclusion: Not sure if people seem that way because I hate them, or if I hate them because they seem that way.

That's Pride.

I'd say pride. I'm better than many people, and far too aware of it.

Hmm.

Sloth - I'm a layabout.
Gluttony - I take more than i should
Greed - I want more than i should
Envy - It relates to the 2 above
Wrath - i've don't have rage issues but it's an inward issue
Lust - It's no ones business but it's nothing to talk about anyway
Pride - i have none, i've never been proud of anything.

Sloth>Sloth>Sloth>Sloth and then comes >Sloth>Sloth>Sloth.

Well in all seriousness I guess mine would be >Sloth>Wrath>Gluttony>Envy>Pride>Lust>Greed. But the first one is so humongous of a problem that the rest just gets blown away.
Grrr, I am angry... But it takes effort to do anything about it
I want more food, but this chair feels so nice...
I want what he has! Meh... I'll just go back to sleep instead.
I am the greatest!... But flaunting it makes people expect something of me...
Ooooh, sexy lady~... Meh. Too much effort to go over there and try anything.
Give me more money, as long as I don't have to move from this seat.

Souplex:

Vegosiux:

That's Pride.

I'd say pride. I'm better than many people, and far too aware of it.

We're talking about different incarnations of the series. I used Wrath from the one I prefer ^^

(Really, Brotherhood was better in my opinion.)

I don't know if I could really rank them, but Envy is definitely #1.

Sloth, and then...eh, fuck it, making lists is too much work.

My most guilty is definitely Gluttony. Not in eating, but in general. I like doing things I like a lot. I like doing things like all day gaming marathons a little too much and I often have a hard time putting something I love down even when I need to for practical reasons.

My least guilty is certainly Wrath. I am known among my family and friends as being very easy to get along with, for my forgiving nature and the virtual impossibility of getting me angry. Except when someone does something mean to my wife. Then I get angry, but more in the sternly worded letter sense than in the fighting sense.

Everything else is really difficult to determine, but if I had to give the full list it would probably be:

Gluttony
Lust
Pride
Greed
Sloth
Envy
Wrath

I'm going to go with a scale from 1-10.

Pride - 10 I am very, very fucking prideful. I admit it, and am proud of it. That's how proud I am. I am proud of my intelligence most of all.

Lust - 8 ...Yeah. Surprisingly new thing. Never was that lustful while going through puberty. (The crazy part of my brain has been thinking that I might be aging slower than normal. Or that my guardians lied about my age so I would go to school younger. Coincidentally, everyone in my family looks really young for a long time. It seems to increase dramatically with each generation too. So who knows.)

Sloth - 8 I'm lazy. Really, really fucking lazy. Physically, not mentally.

Wrath - 6 I have a temper. It only rears it's head when I feel I've been cheated or people are looking at me as less important than them.

Envy - 5 I would have put this at the bottom with a 2, if I didn't steal a card from a friend of mine recently. Bastard ripped me off, took all of my good ones for one he knew was fake. The one I stole from him in revenge wasn't even that good.

Greed - 4 Not that greedy, actually. Sure I'd like a lot of money...but meh.

Gluttony - 3 Relatively low because I don't overeat. I just eat whatever I like. Health does not factor into it.

Sloth. One word, procrastinating. To lazy to describe more.

Pride. :) I'm so awesome.

Wrath. Not such a big issue now, but I use to have very bad anger issues. Enough that it still worries me.

Then it would be Greed, Gluttony, Lust, and Envy.

EeveeElectro:
Lust. I've done too many stupid things for guys.
Envy. My jealousy is crippling sometimes. I'm happy because I don't feel jealousy with my current boyfriend because he doesn't do anything to make me jealous like my last ones did.
Wrath. I have a VERY short fuse and won't back down from an argument, I won't let people get the last word in to.
Greed. I've been told I'm materialistic plenty of times (I don't think I am...) I love having money. I'm so happy when I have lots of money and if I had more of it I would be ecstatic.
Gluttony. I actually don't eat as much as people think but I have a TERRIBLE sweet tooth D;
Sloth. I can be quite lay, have a habit of not cleaning up after myself.
Pride. I don't think highly of myself at all.

What makes you think that Eevee?
<-<

>->

canadamus_prime:
I don't know if I could really rank them, but Envy is definitely #1.

from greatest to least:
Sloth
Lust
....errr...envy? I guess?
gluttony
wrath=pride=greed (ego only gets in the way of what must be done, life is crappy enough without me making even more so needlessly, and I don't want anything.)

Xelzeno:
Sloth>Sloth>Sloth>Sloth and then comes >Sloth>Sloth>Sloth.

Well in all seriousness I guess mine would be >Sloth>Wrath>Gluttony>Envy>Pride>Lust>Greed. But the first one is so humongous of a problem that the rest just gets blown away.
Grrr, I am angry... But it takes effort to do anything about it
I want more food, but this chair feels so nice...
I want what he has! Meh... I'll just go back to sleep instead.
I am the greatest!... But flaunting it makes people expect something of me...
Ooooh, sexy lady~... Meh. Too much effort to go over there and try anything.
Give me more money, as long as I don't have to move from this seat.

Haha! The perfect Sloth answer.

waj9876:
I'm going to go with a scale from 1-10.

Pride - 10 I am very, very fucking prideful. I admit it, and am proud of it. That's how proud I am. I am proud of my intelligence most of all.

Lust - 8 ...Yeah. Surprisingly new thing. Never was that lustful while going through puberty. (The crazy part of my brain has been thinking that I might be aging slower than normal. Or that my guardians lied about my age so I would go to school younger. Coincidentally, everyone in my family looks really young for a long time. It seems to increase dramatically with each generation too. So who knows.)

Actually, there's a similar thing in my family as well. I do act so much like my father that I've directly asked him whether I'm his clone but he's denied it every time.

I've actually thought that it might be that humanity in general is getting that way but... nothing to really substantiate my hypothesis and I'm, yes, too lazy to see if there's anything to back the idea up.

None? The whole concept of the seven deadly sins is generally misunderstood. No lust, but sex is okay? No sloth, but we have a day of rest? No gluttony, but we... eat? All of them are about things we should never do in excess to the point where it becomes sinful. Someone who is too proud would become blind to the viewpoints of others, someone who lusts too much would be unable to keep a meaningful, loving relationship, etc.

From my point of view I do none of these things to the point of them being sinful. If I'm wrong, well, I'll find out when I die.

Envy: I get easily jealous of people, especially when they're really successful and have something I want.

Lust: Hmm... That chick over there has a cute butt. So does that one. ... And that one. ...And... that one.

Pride: Kinda weird, while I don't think too highly of myself, I also tend to really worry about what other people think of me.

Sloth: Even though there are important things for me to do, (like getting a driver's license) I never get around to trying to get one.

Wrath: Been better about this as of late. But I can still get easily irritated by people like my mom and my brother.

Gluttony: Been snacking on stuff like Oreos and Lays chips as of late. But other than that, I don't really have an over-eating issue.

Greed: I'm pretty satisfied with what I currently have. Although I sometimes wish for a gaming PC.

Sure, I shall play along. Sloth > Lust > Gluttony > Envy > Pride > Wrath > Greed.
Sloth: I am very busy at work but I am notorious when not working to be lazy about getting stuff done. At least until I start, then I finish it all.
Lust: I am a kinky freak and I love some good lust.
Gluttony: I absolutely love food. I could spend all day eating if I could. GOOD food, not crap food mind you.
Envy: I am sometimes jealous of situations people have, rather than the things they have.
Pride: Eh, I am never really that prideful.
Wrath: I don't get mad very often.
Greed: I am not greedy at all. If anything, I am extremely generous.

1: Highest of all comes Sloth. I'm a very, very lazy person.

2: Pride. Damn am I good at looking down on others.

3: Gluttony. Boy do I love me some candy.

4: Lust. I like big butts and I cannot lie! You other bruthas can't deny... Etc. etc.

5: The comes greed. I want more and more money.

6: Wrath. I'm very easy to annoy, though I try not to show it.

7: Envy. The least. I very rarely envy people.

Pride> Lust> Envy> Wrath> Sloth> Greed> Gluttony

Unless deliberately not eating is Gluttonous.

Everything else is pretty self explanatory.

I am a little bit of a total asshole these days. I bounced off a wall of misery and into a pit of self loathing and suddenly being convolutedly attractive to people now that I am a total cunt.

I get it. Cunts are more fun to be around than depressed people. But why don't you assholes hate me.

Lust - I have put my good looks to use on more than ...well... a lot of occasions. Which brings us to..

Pride - See above

Wrath - I used to be pretty angry, and I let more than a few people know it...

Sloth - I get to it when I get to it

Greed - Why isn't that mine again? Oh, well, I guess I better get to it.

Envy - I have been known to desire the off thing here or there, but not enough to matter.

Gluttony - nah...

Sloth: I dunno how to say it other than I have never really pushed myself. It's had the greatest bearing on how my life as played out so far.

Envy: Talentless swine that I am, this is common for me. Especially with those seemingly talented and blessed all respects, example, that YouTuber, Swoozie. Attractive, pro gamer, full-time model, charismatic, artistic, he's had a lot of tough parts of his life and has made a lot of stupid decisions, even getting thrown in jail, but he has a division of natural talent I deem unfair. It's stupid considering life has done little to cheat me.

Greed: I like things. Quite a bit, actually, but I don't think it goes much beyond anyone else in the First World.

Lust: I wouldn't half mind having more things...However, I never buy without desire to use. Steam Sales don't affect me too badly. As for sexual desires...eh, I'm a man.

Gluttony: I live in the First World, again, I feel this is a given. Given that, I barely eat.

Pride: I don't know, I'm pretty humble from my own perspective, but I will tend to think of myself before another, but i'll always genuinely compliment people on and appreciate people's great works.

Wrath: No. I'm excessively forgiving and trusting to the point of being a sucker.

What is my sin? Aw hell. I'm a fan of all seven.

In all seriousness though the sins that define me are......

1. Wrath = I have am prone to fits of rage. It does not take much to set me off. Hell my temper is part of why I've not been able to hold down any job for long. Yeah it is that bad. I do not deal with any form of stress well. Anger especially. Not only does it make me rage any decent amount of stress in a short amount of time will make my otherwise almost non existent schizophrenia go into overdrive. Yeah my life and a lot of what I do is dictated by my temper to not only avoid snapping (and being arrested) but to avoid stress that will cause my schizophrenia to act up and make me slip into a bout of no longer being lucid.

2. Sloth = I sleep a lot. Not because I need to but because I want to. Some of my favorite entertainment is dreaming. I sometimes if bored will get upwards of 15 hours of sleep.

3. Envy = I am a very envious person. Hell my life is shit. Why would I not be envious of those that have what I do not and can never hope to get? Like the above mentioned want of sanity.

4. Gluttony = I am a bit of a foody. I usually do not eat a lot. Only 1 or 2 meals a day. However if eating food from any Asian culture, Indian food, any spicy food, any Mexican or Latin American food, or any food that is exotic and different to us Americans I can and do pig out.

5. Greed = I am not that greedy. But I am affected by it more than any the below.

6. Lust = I am not that Lustful. I of course am attracted to people. But I know I will never be able to marry one due to the above insanity. And so I try to ignore any and all impulses now.

7 Pride = I have no pride. There is nothing in my life to be prideful about.

Well, the ones that definitely don't fit me are Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust and Gluttony. I do hold grudges, so Wrath fits, but I think my main sin is Envy. I do tend to get many 'green-eyed monster' phases

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here