Click for Science!
Apple
54.6% (119)
54.6% (119)
Banana
45.4% (99)
45.4% (99)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What Personality Traits Do You Find Attractive?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

INJUSTICE LEAGUE
ASKS
What personality traits do you find attractive?

...And which ones do you absolutely not?

We all (I know, I know, most) have those traits that we not only admire in a person, but that we also find attractive...

We also all have those traits that do the exact opposite for us.

What are they for you guys?

In our continuing quest to push the boundaries of our psychological warfare capabilities we have to know.

Skarkrow take notes!

-What personality traits get you bothered and hot?-

-T0ad 0f Truth-
-Chief Inquisitor of The Injustice League-

Buuuuuuh >.> I don't think there's any that give me the horn but I am more attracted and more inclined to date guys who have certain ones.

I suppose... a mischievous trait is quite hawt? Then they'll be a tease and I love being teased as long as they aren't being mean XD

Apart from that, empathy, emotion and a guy that aint afraid to show it is what I need.

Nothing much is worse than a prick who is cold and heartless. If you think not letting yourself cry is a sign of manliness then you aint getting these lumps.

Gullible and willing

Uuuuh. I dunno. All the good ones, I suppose?

Preferably smart, understanding, kind. That sort of stuff. Don't reeeeally mind what their interests are as long as they're reasonably interesting and they don't judge me for staying up until three in the morning playing Euro Truck Simulator 2

I used to be keen on girls who played hard to get but now nothing could be further from reality. God damnit. I just don't have the time anymore. And 16 year-old me was a depressed, sad young man with low self-esteem who thought that it was a good idea to go after girls who clearly didn't give a dingy dang for my feelings.
Werp.

Honesty & just being easy going & not taking life so seriously, live a little damn it.

As for the bad stuff, judgemental idiots need not apply & I tend to avoid the high maintenance ladies.

in no particular order

Likes: intelligence, creativity, logic, intuition, willpower, self control, honesty, commitment, loyalty, empathy, dry sense of humor, strong sense of humanitarian ethics tempered by pragmatism

dislikes: vapid, greedy, cruel, insensitive, prone to gossip, gullible, paying undue concern to popular fashion trends in either a positive (valley girl, preppy) or negative (goth, hipster) sense

To put it in less of a list format, I am looking for a woman who does not let other people define her, and is both capable and willing to forge her own purpose and path. Whether or not hell and its legion of small minded bureaucrats stand in her way. Between that and the fact that I would also like to be willing to fully share in and support her purpose in the long run, there are very few out there who actually meet the criteria.

Well I can definitely tell you that I avoid women who are overly emotional and irrational. I do love a good sense of humour though (the more dry and dark, the better!).

I found out recently that I really like optimistic people. I'm so fucking tired of people saying that everything is shit and bad and miserable. So give me some optimism! Give me smile! Give me spirit and let's be happy together!

I'm most attracted to cheecky girls. The kind that I can tease and teases me back. It's a bit of a juvinile means of humor but I like laughing so yea.

What I'm attracted to the least has to be self centred ones that think they're so much better then everyone else. A certain degree of pride is fine but some people can just take it way too far.

I really like a guy who's thoughtful and considerate--a gentleman. And one can be a gentleman and still make crude jokes and such. Being considerate is just knowing the limits of those around you, and reacting appropriately to the situation. Knowing when it's time to make a crude joke, and when it's not time.

IllumInaTIma:
I found out recently that I really like optimistic people. I'm so fucking tired of people saying that everything is shit and bad and miserable. So give me some optimism! Give me smile! Give me spirit and let's be happy together!

THIS!

I've come to terms with being a positive pessimist, but it's just nice to know ANYONE who is optimistic(not stupidly optimistic, but someone who is hopeful, and looks on the bright side of things.).

Also, intelligence and compassion are nice as well. There are too many "smart" people who are jerks.

Give me a smart, nice, optimist any day.

Lilani:
I really like a guy who's thoughtful and considerate--a gentleman. And one can be a gentleman and still make crude jokes and such. Being considerate is just knowing the limits of those around you, and reacting appropriately to the situation. Knowing when it's time to make a crude joke, and when it's not time.

This needs to be said to like 70% of guys on the internet. Being a gentleman doesn't mean putting someone up on a pedestal

IllumInaTIma:

Check me up as another guy for this.

And I guess someone who doesn't take life super serious. I like girls who are gonna make jokes, tease me a lot, and let me tease them.

Honesty, intelligence, and the ability to not only take a joke but to even dish one out in return.

My ex was like that. I'd make a wiseass comment and she'd know exactly which button to push to get me back. It was interesting.

This is going to be the tomato sauce test all overa gain. everyone is going to name traits they wish they found attractive, but on reality they are atrracted to other traits.
Id love to think im attracted to wits and logic but ill be damned if i can deny my attraction to looks and ignoring my stupidity.
What i dont like is vanity though, so yes, in a sense i dont like myself, but thats just the norm for me.

Do breasts count as a personality trait? Hoho, I jest.

Intelligence is a biggie for me, you don't need to be a genius just not an idiot. It also goes hand in hand with wanting to understand things which I like. And confidence/self-esteem is nice too. As cute as shy girls can be I admire women who will throw a sandwich in to traffic and run away (don't ask). Plus people who are all gloomy and talk about how ugly they are and that no one likes them sort of piss me off.

If I could find a female version myself, I'd be all over that.

Joking aside, I like playfulness, intelligence, and a sense of humour.

So me, then, basically.

What I like in a woman is optimism, confidence, intelligence, a logistic way of seeing the world, whose open to new ideas, and snark. Yes snark, nothing makes me more happy then the occasional witty snark that I find so absolutely adorable, especially when they enjoy said snark and have a laugh.

Nothing brings more love to my heart then boy-girl interactions that involve friendly sarcasm where we throw harsh insults at each other and have fun doing so. ^_^

I think I will go with consent, most important trait!

Just don't be a #yoloswag, holla back, alcoholic party girl and we'll get along just fine.
Unfortunately, this is roughly 90% of the singe women around my age.

Unlike Daystar, I would not want a female version of me because having the same everything can be really bad.
For example, despite that I am a very friendly person who's giving... My female version would give just as much back and would feel guilty over everything which would eventually bother me. See, I feel guilt easily so if I have done more for her then her, she'd feel bad and do more... Thus a never ending cycle of trying to top the other with kindness!

But not giving my bud Daystar a hard time, I just like to think deeply about things. Which brings me to my other point, my female version would be way to much into video games, The Escapist, so on to give me any time really. And when we do have time together, she wouldn't care what we ended up doing so I would have to decide in everything we do and the plans we make. That's no fun plus she would make excuses on the cell phone that she's eating when really she's playing Black Ops 2 trying to beat my high score! The nerve on her!

... Luckily I do not have such a counter part lol.

OT: I'm attracted to motivation, positivity, artistic views, passion, understanding, honesty, and someone who values life but knows when to have fun and when to be serious. Someone who is forgiving and doesn't want to hurt anyone even if they were wronged.

I'm unattracted to flirting, hateful thoughts, stuck up, self centered, lustfulness, someone who cheats or lies to get away with things, two faced traits and judgeful. Seriously someone who judges people left and right isn't someone you would want to even be friends with. I want the person I end up with to accept me and love me for me. As I'd do the same for her.

Caramel Frappe:
Unlike Daystar, I would not want a female version of me because having the same everything can be really bad.
For example, despite that I am a very friendly person who's giving... My female version would give just as much back and would feel guilty over everything which would eventually bother me. See, I feel guilt easily so if I have done more for her then her, she'd feel bad and do more... Thus a never ending cycle of trying to top the other with kindness!

But not giving my bud Daystar a hard time, I just like to think deeply about things. Which brings me to my other point, my female version would be way to much into video games, The Escapist, so on to give me any time really. And when we do have time together, she wouldn't care what we ended up doing so I would have to decide in everything we do and the plans we make. That's no fun plus she would make excuses on the cell phone that she's eating when really she's playing Black Ops 2 trying to beat my high score! The nerve on her!

... Luckily I do not have such a counter part lol.

OT: I'm attracted to motivation, positivity, artistic views, passion, understanding, honesty, and someone who values life but knows when to have fun and when to be serious. Someone who is forgiving and doesn't want to hurt anyone even if they were wronged.

I'm unattracted to flirting, hateful thoughts, stuck up, self centered, lustfulness, someone who cheats or lies to get away with things, two faced traits and judgeful. Seriously someone who judges people left and right isn't someone you would want to even be friends with. I want the person I end up with to accept me and love me for me. As I'd do the same for her.

I was joking :D

I find that certain opposite traits compliment each other, and while I still like the traits I listed in my post, someone who can compliment my own personality is great.

I'm pretty laid back, to the point of laziness, having someone who can kick my arse into gear is a godsend :D

Someone who is confident, but not conceited. They have to be smart, and mature, but still be able to appreciate a joke.

If she's creative, and like reading and writing, then she gets bonus points. If she shares similar hobbies as me, such as an interest in history, hiking, art, gaming, ect, then she gets bonus bonus points.

I've always gravitated towards the quiet bookworm type for some reason, I don't know why. Maybe they're just more fun to flirt with. They're usually more witty too ;).

Caramel Frappe:

Likewise... :/

If I dated a female version of me, damn we'd never be happy. Hell, I basically did date a female version of myself for six years, and fuck that ended badly. Still love her to bits, but I don't think we'd ever be able to make each other happy. We lost our one chance, and I don't think we'll ever get it back... :(

Anyway... *theatrical exhalation*

I notice that most of the 'do not wants' are aspects that almost everyone would hate in a partner... *shrug*

Still:

Likes - discipline, intellect, financially conservative, politically liberal, taciturn, laconic, pedagogic, equable

Dislikes - being too laid back, spendthrift, societal driven ambition, flirtatious, loquacious, lack of curiosity, caprice

*shrug*

Well, based on the given options, I would have to say potato with a bit of strawberries and chocolate.

I'm not exactly sure, as I haven't felt genuinely attracted to a real live person in my vicinity in years.[1] (Crazy cat lady spinster reporting in, SAH! *salutes*)

However, I suppose I'd enjoy someone which a similar sense of humour - a bit snarky, a bit silly - integrity, kindness, intelligence; a bit flirty is fun too as long as it doesn't translate into "sleeping around". I don't have any real experience in the matter, but I believe I'm a monogamous type of person. So, hypothetical perfect lifemate, feel free to be flirty with the other girls and boys, but only playfully thank you.

Would probably need someone who was more solid and dependable than I, and who could give me a loving kick out "the nest" so to speak when I need it. Like Daystar I'm a lazy bugger so there's that, but I'm also awash with social phobias that make me cocoon myself at home more often than not.

Wow, what's with my vocabulary today?

[1] Having a crushes on Garrus and Ezio doesn't count.

Intelligence is a big one for me. I really like to have some thoughtful discussions and I'm not sure I could handle a relationship without that.

There's also kindness and being able to make crude jokes. Oh, and don't forget banana, that's also important in a girl.

Must like science and spiders.
(Also ferrets.)

Intelligence and sense of humor are a must.
There are few things that make me lose interest faster than stupidity or ignorance.

Hm, it's hard to say since I've never been in a relationship before. Maybe because I've been thinking about who would work well with me, and not just who I am emotionally attracted to.
Well, as for personalities that attract me, but not in a sexual way, let's see:

Not necessarily a personality trait, but people who share at least some of my major interests, those being video games(particularly jrpgs and sonic/nintendo games), drawing(digital, web comics), anime(manga too), computers, and I've just recently come around to MtG and am considering learning how to play DnD. They don't need to be into all of these things, but unless that particular like is anime, I'd prefer if they were into at least 2 of these. But yeah, since I don't do that much outside of these things, it's quite important to me so that we have things in common to talk about.

Other than that, it mainly just comes down to things I don't want to see in terms of personality. If you aren't overly loud, overly obnoxious, devious, lying, illiterate, ebonics speaking, nasty, then chances are I would probably find your personality attractive if you share some of my interests.

If we're speaking solely based on personality and not interests, then I guess.. Nice for starters, and not any of the above things, or too oblivious/pushy and outgoing. I don't feel like I'd mesh well with people who don't share my interests/activities though, just due to my limited interests are.

They...Have to find me hilarious.

And attractive.

So blind and no sense of humour.

Funny and honest. And relaxed. No controlling stress monsters need apply thank you.

Straightforward, honest and good with words, i.e. not prone to freezing up in a conversation. Able to look outside the exterior. Willing to admit their faults but also laugh at them.

And I hate to sound like a cynic, but a touch of realism wouldn't hurt, or at least I know I probably couldn't date some pixie dream girl who dreams of world peace and love for everyone.

trollnystan:
I'm not exactly sure, as I haven't felt genuinely attracted to a real live person in my vicinity in years.(Crazy cat lady spinster reporting in, SAH! *salutes*)

However, I suppose I'd enjoy someone which a similar sense of humour - a bit snarky, a bit silly - integrity, kindness, intelligence; a bit flirty is fun too as long as it doesn't translate into "sleeping around". I don't have any real experience in the matter, but I believe I'm a monogamous type of person. So, hypothetical perfect lifemate, feel free to be flirty with the other girls and boys, but only playfully thank you.

Would probably need someone who was more solid and dependable than I, and who could give me a loving kick out "the nest" so to speak when I need it. Like Daystar I'm a lazy bugger so there's that, but I'm also awash with social phobias that make me cocoon myself at home more often than not.

Wow, what's with my vocabulary today?

I am waiting by the phone for you to call me all night long.

Where have you been?

Just call 1-800-ASSASSINO

Fijiman:
Well, based on the given options, I would have to say potato with a bit of strawberries and chocolate.

Huh, I always figured you for the Yam and passion fruit with a side of pie type of guy fiji.

You learn something knew everyday.

What else are you hiding from us? ;)

EeveeElectro:
-snip-

So an emotional troll then? XD

I like the one where they don't falsely make a poll thread in the hopes of getting more views.

Also, humor. I like a gal that can make me laugh, and that laughs at my jokes.

Definitely banana. I hate those apple types. I mean I'm not racist but those apples should just go back to where they came from, man.

Bestival:
I like the one where they don't falsely make a poll thread in the hopes of getting more views.

Also, humor. I like a gal that can make me laugh, and that laughs at my jokes.

You give me too much credit :(

*secretly takes note of plan for next time*

I'm just a dude with an odd sense of humor! XD

Easy going personality,yet having the ability to connect with me on an higher intellectual level. I became seriously turned on when my gf and I began discussing brain function on both the biological and psychological level. She wants to study the biological aspects while i'm more of a psychology man. I like my significant other to be warm and affectionate but willing to give me my own space to think and breath. I might be the luckiest man on earth.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked