Optimistic thread!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

"SEGA bought ATLUS. Ugh... say goodbye to Persona and Megaten"
"Legend of Korra season 2. Ugh... it's still shit"
"GTA 5 got 9/10. Ugh... it's not enough/overhyped"
NONONONO! ENOUGH! Let's be optimistic and happy for once! Let's talk about some good stuff that either happened to you, or will happen or you wish would happen!

It's raining today so that gives me a reason to wear my badass N7 hoodie! I also recently purchased Iphone and discovered all the joys of mobile gaming!

Your turn!

I just got set up for an early weekend so that's pretty sweet. I'll also be getting a german shepherd puppy in 3 weeks wich I'm pretty stoked for.

I got out of my last class early today, thus I was able to spend some extra time chatting with my boyfriend before I have to run off for work. Which is nice, since usually when I have to work we only have about 10-20 minutes to chat before I have to leave, but today we had about 40 minutes or so. So yay. ^_^

Plus, after almost three consecutive weeks of being in a really shit and unstable emotional state, I seem to finally be leveling off and doing better. So yay for that as well...

I'm in the beginning stages of assembling a design team. We will be building a small scale utility UAV from scratch and using it to compete nationally. We have never tackled a problem this challenging before, but I am prepared to see to it that we pull through and at minimum give the rest a good showing. My id hasn't stopped jumping around like a little kid ever since we reviewed the contest details.

All of my college classes have little to no homework, so I have plenty of free time, even working 16 hours a week. So I still can watch anime, read, and play games. Life is good.

I've just come out of a 10 year relationship, I have no money, and I'm currently out of work.

All in all, things are looking up.

Daystar Clarion:
I've just come out of a 10 year relationship, I have no money, and I'm currently out of work.

Daystar you adorable bastard. You don't have to do anything to cheer us up, your avatar alone is enough to bring some smiles to this miserable world!

IllumInaTIma:

Daystar Clarion:

Daystar you adorable bastard. You don't have to do anything to cheer us up, your avatar alone is enough to bring some smiles to this miserable world!

Life is pain.

Everyone you know and ever will know, will wither away and die, joining the dust scattered cosmos of infinity.

I've been playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and Persona 3 Portable back to back, despite me worrying that I wouldn't like either of the two.

It turns out that I love both games and I can't stop playing them.

Here's to any future installment of the Golden Sun franchise and to my future enjoyment of Persona 4 Golden.

Daystar Clarion:

Schadenfreude?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

But yeah, all that stuff about "Don't feel bad, lot's of people are worse off"? Sometimes that actually works...just not in the way it's supposed to.

I liked the Korra premiere! It could have used more story hooks by the end but screw it, I like what I like.

At least we got SMT 4, EO 4, and (eventually) Millennium Girl before Atlus is raped by the big flabby corpse that is Sega.

I never had any interest in GTA 5 thus it can't disappoint me.

I'm finally getting processed and oriented for my new job as a teacher. I've just received word that I'll be tutoring another student in English (I teach adults). My sister is getting married this week. I have new paintings in my room.

Everything is shiny!

Daystar Clarion:
Everyone you know and ever will know, will wither away and die, joining the dust scattered cosmos of infinity.

Not going to lie, that cosmic dust of infinity stuff sounds like the greatest adventure ever.

The new Nostalgia Critic episode was pretty decent. Also, I came across some artwork from a very neat illustrator named Charlie Dana Gibson for a college class.

I'm going to Anime Weekend Atlanta to see ZUN in a couple weeks! :D

Well, I'm still breathing, so I guess there's that . . .

I bought a couple lotto tickets this week, maybe I'll win millions of dollars and retire . . .

I won monopoly Monday night . . .

. . . I need to make some life changes.

Daystar Clarion:

I was watching this Ted Talk about lifehacks when it took a sudden turn near the end. I think you may find it inspiring.

The last couple of daily dev updates from Starbound demoed and confirmed some very cool stuff.
Like the grapple mechanics:

Very reminiscent of the WORMS Ninja rope. (and cleaner than Terraria)

Speaking of Terraria..2 weeks until patch 1.2 apparently. The preview trailer showed some very awesome stuff.

I bought a very cheap DS and played Phoenix Wright for the first time today, it was awesome and probably my best playing experience in weeks. Very psyched about the selection of games on DS, so many things that seems to speak to my tastes that i had missed out on while complaining about modern AAA games on ps3. I'm very excited to see this new world of gaming opening before my, it's like buying a ps2 for the first time!

I am alive and I am free. I have a roof over my head, and food in my cupboards. I have a woman that loves (tolerates) me, and friends that expect me to be me.

Life is good.

Outside of the internet, it's not all that important, really.

Daystar Clarion:

I see no reason why that could be a bad thing.

I should have enough bank left to buy a bottle of Jameson Gold Reserve once I'm done with all the lawyers! :D

I've been doing more stuff (new stuff!) without thinking too much about it and even managed to ask a nice girl out on the past weekend and we kissed at the end. Now we're planning other dates on the next weekend. :D
It's the first time I actually feel better after my ex-girlfriend (whom I really loved) dumped me on last October after almost 3 years together.
I'm definitely feeling a lot more optimistic about everything now! ^_^

PS: Playing more new games and reading new books makes me happy s well! Knowledge is AWESOME! :D

Well my braces stopped hurting (as much) and I can eat food again(properly not just rolling it around with my tongue).

I do have to add that I am bit sad that I am left behind by the GTA V bandwagon due to no immediate PC release.

Well as of last monday...

I just finished a project that took me three sleepless days to finish, I contemplated suicide several times due to stress and even got to the point where I tied a belt to the overhead light, and I got elected as treasurer of a local Earth club against my will.

Good news: I finished with that shiz and now I have only two hopefully uneventful days left in the week, then I can get back to brain function.

I just had oral surgery today to remove a pesky wisdom tooth, and I just woke up after sleeping for ~7 hours after getting home. It's been an hour now, and, other than my sinuses being a No Man's Land worse than Death Valley due to poor air circulation in my room coupled with the dry sinuses from being on oxygen, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm pretty optimistic that my mouth will be healed up well enough to start eating more than just soft foods in a couple days rather than the week and a half it took last time I had a wisdom tooth removed. Hell, I can actually talk this time!

I'm so used to the stupid wisdom tooth, though, that closing my mouth all the way feels weird, and I have to force my jaw to cooperate. The wisdom tooth was about a 16th of an inch higher than my other molars, so it caused my jaw to slant. Doesn't sound like much, but it was. Gotta get used to an even bite plate, now.

Well today i probably failed my math exam and nearly got run over because i had the gall to try running across an empty road when the rain started crashing down. (Yield to pedestrians on the road you're turning onto, you dick!)

OT: Well now i'm looking at an early weekend with a friend's birthday party coming up on friday so that's nice. Since this week has been pretty much all exams and assignments i'm looking forward to actually getting some socializing and gaming done this weekend. Recently bought Diablo 3 for my console and i'm probably gonna nag my roommate to try the Co-op with me.

Other positive things: My Dragon Age: Origins wall art arrived today, and i recently acquired Luigi's Mansion 2 for my dusty 3DS.

I get to live in a world where I can wake up, turn on my computer, open my browser, and talk to all of you lovely people from all corners of the Earth.

Marvelous.

I actually found the new season of Korra to be very promising. And I can't wait to see what they do with it from here. And Doug Walker, the Nostalgia Critic, and his brother seem to agree.

uhh.. I know I'm supposed to say something optimistic and positive. Well i'll just leave some happy music while I think of something optimistic.

Captcha: Who celebrates hoagiefest? Fuck if i know!

Pretty hard to feel optimistic on the day you find out your grandmother passed away. Um... my copies of Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4 Arena arrived in the mail yesterday? That's good.

I got Rogue Legacy, and it's pretty fun.

Er... Yay!

Puppy!

Hmm, something positive...
OH! On the last day of FanimeCon 2013 (Memorial Day), I helped a young lady pick up her costume supplies after her cart broke down in the elevator of the hotel we were checking out of, and she called me a sweetie and gave me her card. It just feels good to help people.

Well, for the past week: I tried all sorts of things to make my computer run faster (because I'm completely illiterate in that regard). After caving and asking an IT expert, it was revealed that several GB of RAM could be freed via the BIOS. I have no idea what he did, but the computer is running faster than a toddler at a tiger's tea party!

And I'm so happy that the keyboard comes with the exclamation mark! How fortunate is that?

I bought a PS3! I bought Arkham Asylum! I beat Arkham Asylum! On 100%! My girlfriend started playing Arkham Asylum! She totally stayed up till 5am playing Arkham Asylum! My mom's visiting! I don't have to cook for like a week! I got a raise! I got another job! I'm so happy!

Daystar Clarion:

We will one day be part of such a grand, immeasurable beauty. Even if we do not notice, we will be like unto stars themselves. Hurray!

I'm getting a job teaching music. I adore music. Hurray~

I'm halfway across the globe from all of my best friends and back in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, where I once called home, and all my old friends have forgotten about me. Its time for a fresh new start. Hurray!

I found out a new Terry Prachett book is coming out in a couple of months. Hurray!

One day, all life on the planet will be no more as we over zealously consume it's resources until there is nothing left but a barren husk of a world we once call home. Hurray!

Gravity is still working, there is an appropriate amount of oxygen in the atmosphere and I am the father of the most adorable little girl in existence.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked