Food meant to be hot that you eat cold

Pages 1 2 NEXT

This is going to be a weird topic, but today I was searching for something to eat for lunch. I usually make it a habit to make my lunch entirely from leftovers to be efficient.

Well, I finally settled on some leftover Mac N' Cheese, and began eating it cold. And you know what? It's fucking DELICIOUS cold! What have I been missing all these years?

So, here's the discussion; what are some foods that you find delicious to eat cold, even though it's meant to be hot? Kind of like eating leftover Pizza cold, something else that I love to do.

Loads of people eat cold Pizza, and I've never found it in the least appealing.

The texture's all wrong once a pizza has cooled.

Chinese food.

Well, when I say Chinese food, I mean UK take-away Chinese food :D

That shit is lovely straight out the fridge after being left overnight.

Pancakes. Certain types of soup.

Oh, and lasagna.

Silvanus:

Man, I love cold pizza. More so than reheated pizza; it can get all soggy.

OT: I like cold bacon. I love fresh from the oven really crispy bacon best but if the bacon is crispy enough I'm fine with eating it cold.

Let's see... I can't think of one thing, since most stuff seems to taste better.

List includes, but is not limited to:
BBQ beans
sloppy joes
hamburger helper
spaghetti

Porridge, cold porridge is better tasting than heated.

I also say Pizza, while I prefer it hot (more warm than hot) Its still nice cold.

Do sausage rolls count? I heat them up but are they meant to be eaten cold or both?

On the rare occasion I purchase canned "Pasta", I tend to eat it cold straight from the can. A few times, lacking another ready implement, I even used a boot knife for the purpose though in that particular case it was a US MRE.

Personally, just about all the canned pasta is no better hot than cold. Why heat the stuff and dirty a dish for what is by any account a fairly terrible meal.

Bread. Banana bread and danishes and such taste way better cold than warm to me.

I never eat food cold unless it can't exist warm. Like ice cream.

Silvanus:

Cold pizza is indeed vile, but pizza that is left in the fridge for a good couple of hours...

deliiicious

Rice Pudding
Love cold rice pudding out of the tin :D

BartyMae:
Bread. Banana bread and danishes and such taste way better cold than warm to me.

...But those things are always served cold anyway?

Queen Michael:

This is pretty much me. I find even eating cold sandwiches hard, because they're so much nicer when warmed up/toasted.

Well cold pizza is the only way to eat pizza. Not lefout though, but in the fridge. It has to be the right type of pizza though. I can't stand that soft crusted cheese covered droopy mess some people call pizza.
I guess chicken noodle soup is pretty good cold.

Pudding.

And when I say pudding I mean this bad boy

Quicksilver_Phoenix:

Erm, what? Maybe it's just the people I know, but most people keep their bread products out of their refrigerators...

TizzytheTormentor:
Porridge, cold porridge is better tasting than heated.

I also say Pizza, while I prefer it hot (more warm than hot) Its still nice cold.

Do sausage rolls count? I heat them up but are they meant to be eaten cold or both?

I know a few people who eat them cold. I personally can't stand cold sauce let alone cold food.

BartyMae:

Quicksilver_Phoenix:

Erm, what? Maybe it's just the people I know, but most people keep their bread products out of their refrigerators...

You've misunderstood. I meant in the sense that you usually don't warm up cakes before eating them, not that you serve them chilled.

Coffee with milk in it. It's a form of consumable, just like pizza.

I always seemed to enjoy eating cold 'spaghetti-0's' or any canned 'spaghetti' or ravioli (usually the versions for children). Not sure why, it's just good. People seem to get pretty put off by it though. I do it in secret, huddled in the corner of my kitchen.

Daystar Clarion:
Chinese food.

Well, when I say Chinese food, I mean UK take-away Chinese food :D

That shit is lovely straight out the fridge after being left overnight.

I agree, hangover pizza or kebab is amazing too

Chinese food, specifically any of the chicken ones. General Tso's is probably my preferred. When it's cold, you get more of the sweetness out of the sauce rather than the spiciness trying to overpower it.

Also lasagna. That shits delicious hot or cold.

I always love eating cake cold, like, I don't mean just "non-warmed", I mean, an entire day in the fridge cold.

Uhh, let's see...Reese's cups? I originally did it to delay them melting in my fingers, but I ended up discovering a personal treat.

This is a bit specific to frozen meals, but only one part of them. you know those frozen meals that have those small brownies in them? It's usually in a type of batter form? Yeah, I refuse to eat them cooked. I always eat them frozen like that. It's kind of like fudge flavored icecream at that point. It seems to taste a hell of a lot better than the crappy form it is in when cooked in the microwave.

Queen Michael:

Yeah, this is me too. Warm food tastes awesome! Take some bread with cheese, a decent breakfast. How do you improve on the formula? Add heat!

there's an adage i've heard before which goes "if you're not willing to eat it cold, then you probably shouldn't be eating it hot either." and i've found this to be true enough. i'll eat most things cold. some people may be surprised how sufficient most things are cold, and some things are even improved cold.

Quicksilver_Phoenix:

BartyMae:

Quicksilver_Phoenix:

You've misunderstood. I meant in the sense that you usually don't warm up cakes before eating them, not that you serve them chilled.

In that case, I think I misunderstood the premise of this topic...:P

Pop tarts. Those count, right?

I don't have time wait for like a minute, I just start eating them as soon as I open the packaging.

Cold, leftover pizza is the breakfast of the gods.

I usually eat one or two frozen fries when I put 'em on a tray. Same with noodles. Just can't resist the crunchy.

I don't think that there's anything I actually prefer to eat cold, but I will eat many foods cold out of laziness, unless it just tastes horribly wrong to me that way, usually meaning foods that just aren't very good/quality to begin with even when served hot, and lose any sort of redeeming value when eaten improperly, particularly wet/slimy foods like pastas and spaghetti and the like, namely if they came out of a can.

But I'll gladly eat a piece of cold pizza or many other things, and not find a particular problem with it, I just wouldn't choose it that way for the taste. I do sometimes notice with pizza crust though, that the crust may develop a particular kind of brittle crunch that kind of melts in your mouth that I like.

I eat home baked Totino's oven pizza cold. I also like to eat Captain D's chicken cold. After I get either of those items, I like to let them sit under a cooling fan for a half hour or so to get them nice and cool to the touch before I start eating.

Pasta, pizza, and enchiladas.

Cheese enchiladas that have that really gooey cheese are just fantastic cold. The texture is so chewy it's awesome.

Brutal Peanut:
I always seemed to enjoy eating cold 'spaghetti-0's' or any canned 'spaghetti' or ravioli (usually the versions for children). Not sure why, it's just good. People seem to get pretty put off by it though. I do it in secret, huddled in the corner of my kitchen.

I know that feeling they act like its a sin :/

OT: almost all food I like cold Mac n cheese and pizza being my top 2

Ham is so tasty when cold to after its been cooked

Chick-Fil-A nuggets, I don't know why, but its absolutely amazing.

I'll add my lot with the "cold pizza" crowd.

The texture and taste just so much better.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked