SUPER SMASH ESCAPISTS - Select a Stage!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

< Previous Thread

Select a Stage!

I am totally not developing a fake parody game of Super Smash Bros.

The last suggestion thread for this game was a huge success, I though I'd only get around 30 characters but instead got over 90 so I'm glad I guessed wrong.

Now it's time for stages. Last time some people didn't get all the rules so here's a list to make them clearer-

-The location can be from any franchise
-The location does not have to relate to any of the characters confirmed in the game
-It can be as simple or as complex as to what happens on the stage
-No set limit to the number of stages available in the game as of now
-You can choose up to 3 locations, they don't have to be from the same franchise
-Usable images for the Stage Selection Screen will help
-Not all the suggestions will be added, depending on how many I'll get

Super Smash Escapists will hit the PC, Xbox One, Xbox 1, 2DS, Neo Geo Pocket Colour, Virtual Boy, Super Nintoaster, Dreamcast, Wac, Puu, Puu U, OUYA 2, That Amazon Thing, iMat, GabenOS, Nokia Brick and Vaporware later this millennium.

Nice, I was hoping this thread would be out soon. Here is my suggestion:

The stage would be inside a high building with a large window looking out to the city below, there is leaks and pools of water in various places for the players to avoid. Splicers and the odd Big Daddy / Little Sister combo would spawn every now and again as hazards.

Okay, let's get some Pokemon up in here!

There. Hoenn has been represented.

[1] they could dip down, making people more difficult to target at range?

Mmm... decisions. How about;

Let see-

I was waiting for this thread...

You've already made me a happy cow by putting Die Fledermaus in. This would be the icing on the cake...

Moo!

Just a quick questions before I submit my picks, can we also choose the music for the stages? Because I really want to choose the music for mine.

[Kira Must Die]:
Just a quick questions before I submit my picks, can we also choose the music for the stages? Because I really want to choose the music for mine.

Music is really for a future thread, but it wouldn't hurt to suggest some now.

Make sure to spoiler them!

Aerosteam:

[Kira Must Die]:

Redlin5:

Aerosteam:

[Kira Must Die]:

Yes. Yes you may.

I can add that to the list I already have for the menus before a match starts but it can also work in Final Punctuation. (Or whatever stage you want to put it in.)

To go with my character:

Aerosteam:

[Kira Must Die]:

Okay. I'll limit it to two each for now.

Well, to go with my Madoka Magica character (And I tell you is extremely difficult choosing only two songs each considering how amazing the Madoka Magica soundtrack is.):

Damn son, this is mightily impressive work.

To go with the Persona 4 characters, I suggest The Midnight Channel!

It would be a pretty standard flat stage, with the occasional interruptions from Teddie rolling through the arena who the characters have to dodge. Rise can be in the background, singing one of these theme tunes:

Tower of Babel- Catherine

The objective of this stage would be to continue climbing the tower while battling your opponents and dodging falling blocks and sheep men from above and trying to stay ahead of the evil Katherine/Catherine approaching from below. The tower itself should still have ice blocks/explosive blocks and cracked blocks that pose a threat to the character as well as various powerups like the life pillow and the powerups that let you create certain types of blocks.

It'd be like one of those moving stages you get in SSB where the background is constantly scrolling up and the stage keeps changing.

As a side note , I kinda wanna change my character choice to Vincent now. That'd be I kickass.

Aerosteam:
This Thread Wins the Internet

Seriously, the amount of effort/passion/work you've placed into this event... oh man. I really, REALLY look forward to it's final production or like when it's all done. Going to be epic entirely in my opinion. Now, to contribute...

I'm only going to choose one stage, but it's a really cool stage. This one takes place in the anime Kill la Kill.

Pretty good work so far my man.
I have three suggestions for stages!

And the final stage, which is not of my chosen character's series.

Yay, I think I made some good choices! ^_^

Excellent! I was really looking forward to seeing the character screen, great work! :D

By the way, Final Punctuation, GENIUS!

OT: For my stage choices...

Considering I suggested Reshiram, I have to suggest this place as a stage. You would have Reshiram and Zekrom fighting as the stage hazard, and if Reshiram is a combatant, then it would just be Zekrom harassing players.

I guess the idea of two Smash Bros. regulars fighting as stage hazards sounds cool. Mario and Bowser would be in the backround, coming into the player's area once in a while using their different moves.

Well, since I suggested Jak, my first suggestion has to be Haven City.

Second suggestion is Minecraft.

And that's all I got.

JoJo:
Nice, I was hoping this thread would be out soon. Here is my suggestion:

The stage would be inside a high building with a large window looking out to the city below, there is leaks and pools of water in various places for the players to avoid. Splicers and the odd Big Daddy / Little Sister combo would spawn every now and again as hazards.

I love you. Is it weird to say that? I freaking love you man. I was trying to think of a good stage, and BOOM, best stage ever, first submission. Well done, sir.

OT: Think I'll go with the Station of Awakening, from Kingdom Hearts:

From the Feel Good Inc./El Manana music videos (by Gorillaz):

If you've seen the music videos... you know how this stage "ends"...

From Ed, Edd, n' Eddy:

Watch out for rolling Jawbreakers...

From Adventure Time:

Prismo is always watching you fight...

I can't seem to remember the name of the location where the battle between Afro and Justic took place... otherwise, I would have TOTALLY suggested that...

In keeping with a No More Heroes theme, No More Heroes Motel!

You could have the other ranked assassins show up to make a stage attack and pressing up on the doors will take you to another door on the stage, simple, but it works.

The Flying Pussyfoot from Baccano!

You could have several obstacles like train signs appear that you avoid by jumping or ducking (you get a warning, like in that Mother stage) and other Baccano characters not in the roster can appear and do various things when they appear (like Ladd appearing with his Shotgun, Claire with his knives, Jacuzzi and bombs)

Perhaps the Theater Ship from Final Fantasy IX?

During the first few minutes of the fight, you'll be fighting on the stage with a roaring audience. Later on though, the ship will start to fly off and Queen Brahne will fire harpoons and bombs at you. Eventually, the ship will crash and you'll be fighting in the Evil Forest.

From the Shin Megami Tensei series:

The Cathedral has had plenty of redesigns but basically it would be 4 platforms.

2 platforms would have the chambers that hold the demons for fusion, one platform is hazardous with spikes that are used for sacrificial fusions, and the last platform would hold the product demon in another chamber after fusion.

The fusion chambers will activate after a set interval of time and whoever's inside one will be teleported to product chamber. If only one person is in a fusion chamber when it activates then a Mitama will slip through into the other fusion chamber and fuse with the character making them stronger for a short period of time. If two people are in their own chamber, they will both be teleported to the product chamber and must duke it out inside until the person with the most damage drops out of the chamber directly into the sacrificial fusion spikes and makes their opponent stronger while also taking a lot of damage.

Man, I was worried my character suggestion didn't get in there! I couldn't see Maxim, but he was the only character I missed XD Though, I was sorta expecting the character portrait from the remake (I probably didn't specify), but MEH! STAGE TIME!~

I'll go with the Lufia theme, but I'll go with the remake for sure due to the 3D level design. There aren't many images to go with, so I only have a youtube video (WITH HEAVY SPOILERS)

It's not my best suggestion, but it is the best way I can apply the same theme I had from the previous post, I just don't know how to tie in Hot Fuzz into it, or else we could make it all three like Simon Pegg.

As always, Aerostream, the meat will be added later.

For now, I only have a name, some images and some music.

Whiterun: specifically a backroom closet full of... wait for it... Nord Mead! (basically the scene at the end) Possible "drunk" hazard.
...perhaps as one of those scrolling stages Smash "classic" does... as an excuse to go into the sky and play Sovngarde Song... or jump into space and hit up the Normandy (complete with Commander Shepard) and/or reference Skyrim's Portal 2 reference (the Space Sphere...meta!).

LRR Moonbase: (I'd come up with a clever name like "Final Punctuation", but that's pretty good on its own), Ideally the "front room", complete with scene-changing (and possibly game-affecting?) green screen area. If you've watched any Desert Bus, you know the place well. Speaking of which... The Desert Bus itself would be a nice variant. Not fighting along the length of a random bus, but across the game screen... as a gimmick, maybe the stage could list lazily to the left and jerk back to the right every few dozen seconds. Occasionally, the bus can crash and have to "reset", changing to a blank, flickering screen the old consoles did with a reset button.

The Basement (Locked)

EDIT: Whittled down to three. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome... Welcome, to City 17.

Excellent job on the Demi-fiend portait, Aerosteam, I'm sorry I didn't post a move list, but I deemed my original draft to be too overpowered and I'm starting from scratch.

I was originally going to suggest a stage for each reason fight from Nocturne, but deemed Noah too much of a hussle (like he usually is in-game)

So here are my suggestions, which are still somewhat WIP and feedback is very much appreciated.

Sorted in order from least to most complicated.

I love loads of these suggestions already :D

My suggestion (I need to go in a minute so but I add my other two later);

Seeing as I put forward Kain, I would be remiss to not pair that with The Pillars of Nosgoth, in their broken and corrupted state.

There are other suitable arenas, to be sure, but the Pillars need to be on here first and foremost.

Able Seacat:

That looks a LOT like like Saffron City from the first Smash Bros, bar graphic daze.

Okay, CM Punk's stages...

I want to suggest a nunch of Nintendo things, but too many of them already exist in Smash Bros games : \

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked