I find women who curse less attractive.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

wow he says one thing with very subtle chauvinistic undertones and you people jump on his ass for being a sexist. all he did was express what turned him off to a girl; replace your tampons this is a forum not a suffrage movement.

slappahoe69:
wow he says one thing with very subtle chauvinistic undertones and you people jump on his ass for being a sexist. all he did was express what turned him off to a girl; replace your tampons this is a forum not a suffrage movement.

Dear god, thank you.

Shaves with a machete:

DannyBoy451:

Shaves with a machete:

DannyBoy451:

Shaves with a machete:
Like, they could be very good looking on the outside, yet if they open their mouths and almost nothing but obscenities fly out then I would quickly loose interest. To me it degrades their femininity and makes un-woman like.

What do you think?

Why such a perscriptive veiw of gender roles?

Well if they curse once in a while, like every one does thats fine its only human.
But just curse word after curse word just doesn't seem like a way a woman would act IMO.

Your view of how a woman should act is totaly subjective, and perpetuates an outdated idea of femininity. Why should you be allowed to swear, but a woman not? Is it some right you've earned? Are you expected in return to beat huge animals over the head and drag them back to a cave? I don't really see where you're coming from here.

So me having a pet peeve makes me a cave man?

Well damn I didn't know just let me go get a animal fur tunic and I'll be set.

Like I said before I just don;t find women who curse like sailors all the time attractive I never said they couldn't swear around me or swear in general. I'm not demanding that women stop cursing and go make dinner, I'm just expressing things that can make a woman less appealing to me thats all.

Every one has a pet peeve, some people don't like tattoos, does that mean they hate any one with them, or force them to get rid of them? No thats ridiculous.

The example I gave was deliberatly stupid, I was just trying to make a point.
And there's a difference between not likeing tatoos, and believeing that the genetics of a person should affect the way they behave, or are expected to behave.

It's the same logic as saying you don't think it's acceptable for a black person to swear. And no, I'm not saying you're a racist, just extending your logic.

I refuse to swear unless I'm genuinely angry at something, which I'm usually not.

Thusly, I find women without that sort of self-control unattractive.

Shaves with a machete:

Erana:

Shaves with a machete:
To me it degrades their femininity and makes un-woman like.

What do you think?

What do I think?
I think: Who the Hell made you the authority on what defines being a woman? I'm sorry, but the kind of mentality that makes an assertive woman un-womanly is the same mentality that condones sexual slavery, albeit to a lesser extent.
What could your ideal view of a woman be, anyway? A subservient object?

Or if you don't like people who abuse profanity, why doesn't it degrade a man's masculinity to do so? Why do men get to do it without it making them less socially acceptable?

Because I don't go to men looking for some one I could spend my life with. You make it sound like I'm saying "STOP CURSING I DEMAND IT!"

Its an opinion, I can have it if I want.

You can be turned off by women who swear, and that's fine. Its only inflammatory when you go beyond your opinion, state the premeses that all woman who curse are unfemenine and unwomanlike. Then you mention nothing about men being socially degraded by affulent swearing. There are so many unstated premeses in your post, one of which is: Men are not made unattractive by excessive swearing.

At the Escapist, you must be aware of the unstated premises in any of your posts because you will be held accountable for them.

DannyBoy451:

I think I love you. <3

Oh, God, not another one. Erm... Go fight Neosage to the death, or something.

OP,

Does this include women who curse like "I want you to **** me with that big fat **** of yours! Whip it out and **** the **** out of my ***"?

Lord Krunk:
I refuse to swear unless I'm genuinely angry at something, which I'm usually not.

Then you'd be impressed by a woman who had enough self control to never use adjectives?

So odd that I'm different than most guys, based on this post, because I don't mind if a girl swears (or smokes, since someone added that) because I do it and if she has that much of a problem with it than that bitch should date a person that has the same characteristics of her instead of trying to change someone.

Lord Krunk:

I have self-control. I won't swear if people ask me to and out of respect I will not swear. But, if someone demands that I don't swear or tells me that I am not allowed to swear (without good reason), then I will kindly tell you to go jump. It's quite simple.

then you will hate ALL norwegian chicks mate XD

Eh... personally I'm so morally conservative that I find extreme profanity unattractive in either gender. When used in common speech, that is. I mean, I don't think James Rolfe is particularily ugly because he swears so much as The Angry Video Game Nerd, since that's kinda the point of the show. If it's someone who just in an average conversation can't stop dropping "f-bombs" though, it's pretty repelling to me.

Hithel:
OP,

Does this include women who curse like "I want you to **** me with that big fat **** of yours! Whip it out and **** the **** out of my ***"?

I probably wouldn't notice anything she said at the time of intercourse (I would just be to into it)Heck I'de probably curse during that time as well so, no.

Renamedsin:

*headdesk* I never said hate.

Shaves with a machete:

Renamedsin:

*headdesk* I never said hate.

^^ well then, nevermind. :P

To put emphasis on my previous post, I am willing to overlook some of the stated qualities that I also find unnattracive, but that is only in cases where everything else overthrows those qualities, I am not without my own flaws, and i'd hate to think i'm so stupid as to effectively cut a girl off for having her own.

But seriously the Coke Habit one is definately a killer for me.
I will never touch a girl who has a coke habit...
In fact any kind of Drug habit has always sent me running.

Also, I swear plenty and blaspheme... Like it's going out of style almost...

DannyBoy451:

Lord Krunk:

Then you'd be impressed by a woman who had enough self control to never use adjectives?

Buh?

MelziGurl:

Lord Krunk:

I have self-control. I won't swear if people ask me to and out of respect I will not swear. But, if someone demands that I don't swear or tells me that I am not allowed to swear (without good reason), then I will kindly tell you to go jump. It's quite simple.

It's really a matter of attitude with regards to this. I don't mind if a woman has a genuine reason to, it's when they swear casually that puts me off big time.

Erana:

DannyBoy451:

I think I love you. <3

Oh, God, not another one. Erm... Go fight Neosage to the death, or something.

Ah well, was worth a shot...

If people use it humourously its all good.

I don't find it attractive when women swear, but then again I have the social attitudes of a recidivist caveman. Especially when they say "fuck" even when trying to sound sexy, it's horrible.

I don't even understand why so many of you have a problem with swearing in general, it's a beautiful aspect of language.

DannyBoy451:
I don't even understand why so many of you have a problem with swearing in general, it's a beautiful aspect of language.

Does the quote, "to each his own" mean anything to you?

To paraphrase George Carling, words, like fuck and cunt, are not inherently bad, but people assign them as being "bad" or "obscene."

I could care less if a girl cusses a lot as long as racial slurs don't fly out as well.

Erana:

Or if you don't like people who abuse profanity, why doesn't it degrade a man's masculinity to do so? Why do men get to do it without it making them less socially acceptable?

Actually, I'd like to speak my opinion on this one. I believe swearing doesnt degrade a mans masculinity, as I believe it's a masculine thing to do. Also, I dont respect males who swear constantly. Admittedly, I swear myself but only when necessary(expressing anger etcetera). I have a friend who constantly utters profanities, and I find it very annoying as he abuses the words.

And on the feminity thing, I think everyone has their own view on what makes a girl feminine and what not. I believe it's only an opinion though, and I don't think the OP meant to come off as sexist. I think he just wanted to express his opinion on what turns him off in a girl.

Shaves with a machete:

DannyBoy451:

Does the quote, "to each his own" mean anything to you?

No need to get sarky, I'm genuinly curious.

And an oppinion is worthless unless you can justify it.

When cursing is a habit for a person, curse words flow into their normal conversation even when they are not the least bit agitated, and they don't necessarily even realize it, that's low class IMO. Doesn't matter if it's a man or woman. Instant turnoff, too.

I have the impression that the majority of these types smoke - bad habits clump together? And often, they are not even good at cursing. The curses are dull and flat, and flow out in a lazy stream.

Now if someone *can* curse properly but wields that power wisely, and doesn't let it bleed into their coffee table talk, good for him/her. Curses are like salt; use a pinch and it brings the flavor out, use a shovelful and the whole thing becomes unedible.

Erana:

Shaves with a machete:
To me it degrades their femininity and makes un-woman like.

What do you think?

What do I think?
I think: Who the Hell made you the authority on what defines being a woman? I'm sorry, but the kind of mentality that makes an assertive woman un-womanly is the same mentality that condones sexual slavery, albeit to a lesser extent.
What could your ideal view of a woman be, anyway? A subservient object?

This is the only post that makes sense.

I think that after the 90's, traditional Western values have well...lost their value. A woman doesn't need to be "lady-like" anymore, and men don't have to be the tough, "bring-home-the-bacon iron man" that they used to be (or appear to have once been).

It's nice to know that someone still has a belief in the chivalry system, but seriously now, every form of human nature (in this case, "decency") eventually evolves to a higher plateau, so to speak. The only problem with that is, it eventually devolves back to archaic and neanderthal nature. And we're beginning to hit the peak here, I believe, getting close to that precipice which men like you dread the thought of.

You likely already believe we're on the way down, I'm assuming, but understand...old ways have not much place anymore. They're out-dated, over-used, under-appreciated, and are nowadays (unfortunately or not) simply a nuisance. The age of self service is at hand, so beware.

Anyways...it's all a matter of personal opinion. You won't last long, and likely won't be happy, without compromise on your own values. I admire your views though, OP, they remind me of how I looked at the world when I was a lot younger. A pity how the world changes, but some things just have to change. The world is in a time of major change as it is, I wouldn't suggest worrying about whether or not a word someone said was said. Just have fun, mate. Basically, on desensitizing yourself a before you can't handle the world.

...And for the record, I find a woman smoking damn sexy.

i find it unattractive, it's fine now and again, but if it's often, i don't like it. it's not about gender roles, it's just what a person is attracted too, i don't ever find myself attracted to larger women, can't help it.

i don't mind if a woman smokes though, i smoke socially (once every couple months or so), i think it would bother me if she smoked all the time (because i would, and have, be concerned for her health), but it certainyl doesn't detract from the overall package.

we say it's what's on the inside that counts, but the outside has to count for something, i just find it humorous haha

Grae:
I think that after the 90's, traditional Western values have well...lost their value. A woman doesn't need to be "lady-like" anymore, and men don't have to be the tough, "bring-home-the-bacon iron man" that they used to be (or appear to have once been).

It's nice to know that someone still has a belief in the chivalry system, but seriously now, every form of human nature (in this case, "decency") eventually evolves to a higher plateau, so to speak. The only problem with that is, it eventually devolves back to archaic and neanderthal nature. And we're beginning to hit the peak here, I believe, getting close to that precipice which men like you dread the thought of.

You likely already believe we're on the way down, I'm assuming, but understand...old ways have not much place anymore. They're out-dated, over-used, under-appreciated, and are nowadays (unfortunately or not) simply a nuisance. The age of self service is at hand, so beware.

Anyways...it's all a matter of personal opinion. You won't last long, and likely won't be happy, without compromise on your own values. I admire your views though, OP, they remind me of how I looked at the world when I was a lot younger. A pity how the world changes, but some things just have to change. The world is in a time of major change as it is, I wouldn't suggest worrying about whether or not a word someone said was said. Just have fun, mate.

...And for the record, I find a woman smoking damn sexy.

facepalm.jpg

I forced myself to read every word of that crap, and it leaves me with the impression that you don't really know what you're talking about.

DannyBoy451:
I forced myself to read every word of that crap, and it leaves me with the impression that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Exactly! Why read some wall of text from someone on the internet? You think it's going make you smarter? Nah. I'm just damned tired, and felt like going 70's depressive journalist for a second, I guess. I'm the most confused person you'll ever see, so please do drop the knowledge on me a bit when you can, eh?

Cigarette smoking is a real turn off for me in women. To quote Forest Gump, "She tastes like cigarettes." Hookah, on the other hand, I can live with.

Grae:

DannyBoy451:

Exactly! I'm just damned tired, and felt like going 70's depressive journalist for a second, I guess. I'm the most confused person you'll ever see, so please do drop the knowledge on me a bit when you can, eh?

You know nothing about the subject, you're just spouting psuedo-intellectual bullshit to sound impressive to idiots, your argument reads like a crappy pilosophy essay.

Traditional Western values? Anything specific? Any perticuler periods in history? or are you just bounding terms around to sound smart?
Chivalry system? We have knights on hourseback now?
Decency as an aspect of human nature? Seriously, what the hell?
You do get points for using both "evolves" and "plateau" in the same sentence though.
"archaic and neanderthal nature" What does this even mean?

Here's a tip; Actually study shit before you talk about it on a forum and try to sound like an intellectual. And I'm not even going to bother replying to anything you may post in response to this, I'm not going to start a flamewar over this, and I can't really be bothered.

Hell I stay away from anybody that smokes... got some mean allergies :(

I'll agree that I don't find women who swear constantly very attractive but it goes the same for guys. My friends swear, sure, but not every other syllable. I've noticed that as the curse/sentence ratio goes up, the likelihood of me spending much time with that person goes down.

It's ideal for... emphasis IMO, nothing more.

this is all getting very fun

I think its great when a stunning posh lass swears. Very sexy

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked