Robin Williams is gone.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Well.

Looks like commented suicide this morning. He is gone.

Damn it all to hell.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-dies_n_5670050.html
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/index.html

Now if you pardon me, I'm off to watch Jumanji. And not cry a little inside.

Edit: He was 63. Undoubtedly his movies touched a lot of us. Lets remember all the good movies,comedy gigs, and good honest zany fun that was Robin Williams.

Actor Robin Williams has died, according to the Marin County Sheriff's Office. It is investigating his death, believed to have been a suicide.

Statement from Mara Buxbaum, press representative for Robin Williams: "Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Marin-County-Sheriffs-Office-Investigating-Death-of-Actor-Robin-Williams-270820641.html

This is really sad, Robin Williams was one of a kind.

Damn it.

As soon as I learned about this, I cried a little. I didn't cry when my grandpa died, or when my aunt died of cancer and left a family behind, but I'm crying now. I loved that guy. There was something genuinely likeable about him.

Genie, I'm gonna miss you.

Well, that ruined my day. And it was a pretty good day until now. Sad, but these thing happen.

Before anyone says it's fake, others have confirmed it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/robin-williams-dead-in-apparent-suicide-1.2733770

This...this is a joke right? Please let this be a joke. Robin Willains is one of my favorite voice actors, and if this is true then I'm gonna be extremely depressed. He's the only true Genie of the Lamp dammit! T^T

We all got the feels. I think the first movie I saw him in was either Ferngully or Aladin.

Such a damn shame.

Ruined mine too. Fuck, this day was practically perfect - spent the day at the park, enjoyed the sun and a grilled burger, come home and DAMMIT!

Sadly, it's no joke. I would never joke about death and especially someone like Robin Williams.

Neronium:
This...this is a joke right? Please let this be a joke. Robin Willains is one of my favorite voice actors, and if this is true then I'm gonna be extremely depressed. He's the only true Genie of the Lamp dammit! T^T

no joke. i'm right there with ya believe me.

WeepingAngels:
Sadly, it's no joke. I would never joke about death and especially someone like Robin Williams.

No, I mean like how sometimes there are reports about people dying that turn out to be fake. But I'm seeing that it's real...now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner, crying, and possibly going onto an Aladdin marathon since I usually watch movies or shows of actors I like when they die.

Aladdin, Jumanji, RV...

My cousin actually had the opportunity to work with him, said he was the kindest and gentlest star you could ever stumble into. I've seen some bad movies with him in it but he always made me smile.

Reminds me of when a favorite teacher of mine from Elementary school committed suicide out of nowhere... Wow...

That's... horribly disheartening. I know it had to happen sometime, but for it to happen so suddenly...! If you'll excuse me, I'll be off to mourn for the loss of a great man. I can only hope he finds his peace and solace wherever he ends up.

"A place where we all go can't be bad, can it girl?"

...And now "What Dreams May Come" is made even more depressing...

I'm genuinely upset about this, and this really ruined my day.

I would watch Aladdin, Jumanji, or even Good Morning Vietnam, but I don't think I can get through it without crying.

Xjin:

Looks like he shot him self this morning. He is gone.

Where'd you get this? Every link says it was asphyxiation.

I'm actually crying, this guy was in so many movies I loved and he did great standup comedy. I need a drink or a hug or both.

Fuck, I seriously feel like crying. The guy was an absolute legend. He was both the hilariously funny voice of my childhood (Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire) and the impossibly inspiring actor who made Dead Poets Society and Good Will Hunting such amazing films. I'm going to fucking miss him.

It's being confirmed by major news sites now, so yeah, it's real. Apparently they're now reporting suicide by asphyxiation? but generally being stingy with details except for how it looks like suicide.

Sucks really hard.

I know I'm not alone in this but with some celebrities you grow up with them in media and tend to think of them as somehow immutable and constant compared to the other sea of celebrity faces. It's hard to ponder the mortality of every single person but it's a blow to the gut to be sure, made even worse by my brain apparently blissfully categorizing Robin Williams as one of those celebrities that was going to be around forever.

My prayers go out to his family. This is one hell of a thing to deal with to be sure. Sad stuff all around.

Neronium:

WeepingAngels:

No, I mean like how sometimes there are reports about people dying that turn out to be fake. But I'm seeing that it's real...now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner, crying, and possibly going onto an Aladdin marathon since I usually watch movies or shows of actors I like when they die.

Yeah I know, I had to double check too even though the notification popped up in a Windows 8 News notification. Just didn't see that coming at all.

Xjin:

Looks like he shot him self this morning. He is gone.

How did you come to that conclusion?

All the reports so far, including the two you linked and the police report, say it appears to be suicide due to asphyxia with no mention of gunshot wounds or a firearm found at the scene, so what makes you think he shot himself?

WeepingAngels:

Yeah I know, I had to double check too even though the notification popped up in a Windows 8 News notification. Just didn't see that coming at all.

When I saw it on sites like ABC News as well as foriegn ones, that's when I unfortunately realized it was true as well. What's even worse is that apparently he's been suffering from depression, and I've been down that road before, it's definitely not fun. Part of my childhood just died because of this, and today was being a good day too. T^T

News updated. First batch of info stated he shot him self.

Captcah: "Silence is golden"
Damn you captcah.

Wow...I mean I heard he was going to rehab but....

DAMN.

There are just some levels of suffering among some bright personalities out there in the world I guess we'll never know about until they're gone. Forget our childhood dying. The cremations already over.

RIP Robin. We love ya.

Good night, Vietnam.

:(

I really liked his roles.

It's pretty heartbreaking news, and I can't imagine how awful it must be for the family. His daughter just celebrated her birthday on the 31st and now this happens 2 weeks later.

Man's a legend and, while he may have struggled with his vices, he will definitely be missed. Pretty sad day.

Poor Robin Williams. He was an amazing actor. It's a shame he died this way.

RIP Robin Williams.

Is it just me or is there something inherently incongruous about a comedian committing suicide?

I was on a wrestling site when I saw a random RIP for Robin Williams, quick search and saw it to be true. I've enjoyed some of "his" movies and didn't personally know the guy, but he seemed to be a nice enough guy.

Zhukov:
Is it just me or is there something inherently incongruous about a comedian committing suicide?

Hey maybe he was sad when telling jokes, you know like those sad clowns.

Wow, I wasn't even a big fan of Robin Williams, and yet this has really taken a dump on my emotions. It makes it all the harder that he was such an upbeat guy, at least on the surface.

Olas:
Wow, I wasn't even a big fan of Robin Williams, and yet this has really taken a dump on my emotions. It makes it all the harder that he was such an upbeat guy, at least on the surface.

That's the problem with depression unfortunately, many people know how to hide it from others because they feel like it'd be a burden on them. They put on a fake smile, to try and have it that others won't notice, which is saddening.

OT: I shall post what I put in another thread about this:

Neronium:

When I saw it on sites like ABC News as well as foriegn ones, that's when I unfortunately realized it was true as well. What's even worse is that apparently he's been suffering from depression, and I've been down that road before, it's definitely not fun. Part of my childhood just died because of this, and today was being a good day too. T^T

I just can't help but tear up at this. Dammit depression, why'd you have to claim another person.

My condolences to his family, such a tragedy. When I learned he suffered from depression it really hit a chord with me. Sometimes you never really know when someone is in pain. I'll never forget the man, he made me laugh, he made me cry. My prayers go out to him and his family. I think we can all agree, though, a light has gone out in our world. :(

I really thought this was a hoax. Damn.

I've said "Robin Williams is dead" out loud multiple times, and it still sounds eerily off.

Yeah this is one of the only celebrity deaths that I've actually been sad for, but fuck this hits hard. He was amazingly funny and I think I'm gonna have to watch all his movies again.

Damn.

Y'know, I can't say I loved all his more recent work; increasingly, it felt like he was doing better in drama than comedy, surprisingly.

But I never felt he intended to insult his audience, or did things half-heartedly. I always wanted to give him another chance, because when he was at the top of his game, he knocked it out of the park.

I'll be sorry when his final contributions are released; we'll all be the poorer for it.

I've spent most of today/tonight feeling shitty and feeling like maybe my depression is coming back, and I saw this...
How someone so well loved and wonderful couldn't see a way out is heartbreaking. It goes to show how dark depression is and how you need help if you have it.

People on Twitter are being so compassionate I've just been crying non-stop for the past 15 minutes or so over their kindness. I realise I spend too long getting hysterical over trivial and pointless shit and terminating great friendships because I'm over emotional.

RIP Robin Williams, even in death you've made me cry and served as an inspiration.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked