Good news everyone!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I've created a device that makes you read this in my voice!

Haha... anyway, Futurama. Do you like it? Hate it? Are you indifferent towards it? I love the show, personally. It's got such an off-beat sense of humour about it, and I think overall it's a really underrated show. Comments?

Love it, its the only show in which I like the main character, Fry. He's this utterly likeable every-day guy, practically the same as me.

When I read the thread title, I did indeed hear the Professor's voice in my head... XD

I like Futurama, a while since I watched it now though, I should see if I find them again.

I've watched an episode here and there. It seemed pretty funny.

It seems to be going a bit sour.

The new episodes seem somewhat rushed, a lot like the Simpsons. But yeah, I do like it.

Used to watch it all the time. Quit watching after it got temporarily cancled. I saw the movie, and would like to see more though. I thought it was a genius show.

One of the biggest things about the show for me, is the ridiculous recurring characters. The aliens from Omacron Persei 8 are some of my favourites, as well as Zapp Brannigan. The main cast is pretty hilarious as well, my favourites being Professor Farnsworth and Dr. Zoidberg.

hubertw47:

New episodes? I thought they ended it years ago...shows what I know. They show it on Sky one still?

chimmers:

hubertw47:

New episodes? I thought they ended it years ago...shows what I know. They show it on Sky one still?

Well, they have 4 movies coming out/already out, which are going to broken in to 4 episodes apiece when shown on Comedy Central.

I did indeed imagine the professor's voice when seeing that title, that's what piqued my curiosity. Futurama rocks, any show that can make Al Gore funny has to be excellent.

Loved the early episodes. The newer ones are meh, and Benders Game was just awful.

I agree, Bender Game was a bit of an embarassment

Wow! It's like I'm really browsing /b/! I prefer the picture of Rick James saying "You are reading this in my voice, bitch."

I haven't seen any of the new episodes. The ads on Australian television say we are getting the new episodes but the networks just replay the first season, over and over.

Its a fantastic show - pity it got cancelled after 4 seasons.

(Stephen Hawking voicebox voice)- "There he is. Seize him."
(Fry)- "Who said that?!"

(Fry)- It's the saltiest thing I ever tasted! And I once ate a big bowl of salt!"

Some of my favourite lines ever have come from this show. I also love Zapp Brannigan, he's my fave character.

I love Futurama, even more than The Simpsons (which for me has just got stale through too much exposure).
Hope it never happens to Futurama; can't see it though, as it is ridiculously underrated...

D_987:
Its a fantastic show - pity it got cancelled after 4 seasons.

But it's back! Partially.

J-Man:
Love it, its the only show in which I like the main character, Fry. He's this utterly likeable every-day guy, practically the same as me.

"I'm just a regular, everyday, normal guy. I got 300 dollars in the bank, mothafucka!"

Professor Farnsworth: Oh, I always feared he might run off like this. Why, why, why didn't I break his legs?!

The Professor was my favorite character.

Last few shows were bad.

Overall, it was an okay show.

I agree with RockAvich, overall it was an okay show, but it beats the Simpsons anyday!

Bender: "It's OK, it has 5% less than the lethal amount of salt."
Zoidberg: "Oh no, I shouldn't have had seconds..."

Bender: "Out of all the friends I've had, you're the first."

Farnsworth: "Yes, it's the apocalypse alright. I always thought I'd have a hand in it."

Bender: "You may have to 'metaphorically' make a deal with the 'devil'. And by devil I mean Robot Devil. And by metaphorically I mean get your coat."

Bender: "Emotions are dumb and should be hated."

Fraeir:

When I read the thread title, I did indeed hear the Professor's voice in my head... XD

I like Futurama, a while since I watched it now though, I should see if I find them again.

This. I was going to scroll down without reading the OP and just say, "I bet we're flying into a black hole today."
Sadly there was a picture so I couldn't stop myself.
I enjoyed it.

Futurama is pretty good. I must say at the beginning of the new series, where they made fun of FOX (using the dreaded BOX network) I was in total stitches.

Family Guy is better, though.

Whobajube:

Haha... anyway, Futurama. Do you like it? Hate it? Are you indifferent towards it? I love the show, personally. It's got such an off-beat sense of humour about it, and I think overall it's a really underrated show. Comments?

heh, <3 it :) and lol at the pic and caption :D

A friend of mine sent me a screenshot from a 4chan thread which was exactly this. Its uncanny how it actually works.

As for the show, meh. I watched a few episodes, they were alright I guess.

Futurama is one of the only three TV shows I ever bothered to buy on DVD. (Next to Rome and Green Wing)
What makes me love it and not just like it is the way you actually start caring for the characters and the show's not afraid to be serious from time to time.

And Zapp Brannigan... "Everyone knows the key to victory is surprise, so, SURPRISE!" *dumps his troops on the battlefield*

I like it but i prefer simpsons, cause i can identify myself more with Homer than with Fry ^^

Dr Zoidberg is second only to Southparks Butters on the greatness scale. Zoidy should get his own spin off show.

I love Futurama. I don't know about the newer episodes though, because what I have seen on TV are the older episodes.
Not to mention that I haven't even seen one second from the movies.
But Futurama as a TV series is greatness.

cuddly_tomato:
Dr Zoidberg is second only to Southparks Butters on the greatness scale. Zoidy should get his own spin off show.

I'd watch that. I think Zoidberg might be the best character ever on television.

My all time favourite animated series. It dicks on Simpsons, South Park, American Dad and yes... even Family Guy.

Proper continuity, fantastic writing, storylines that are actually interesting as opposed to just a reason for the jokes and it's never had to resort to just being "random" to get laughs.

Plus Zap Brannigan and Nixon's head are the funniest cartoon characters ever.

"Hit that bullseye and the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

"Kif I have made it with a woman... Inform the men." - Zap.

*Sings Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit"* "I'm meeting you half way you stupid hippies!" - Nixon.

It's in my top 5 show buddy club. Not many shows can say that. Such a shame it was cancelled. *Cries*

J-Man:

same funky hair?

Whobajube:

its a fresh idea thats why its so good

like the creators of family guy the made a new show called american dad witch is so much better that family guy.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked