Screwattack and Rooster Teeth are now one thing

Pages 1 2 NEXT

http://www.screwattack.com/news/worst-secret-ever

Last time RT grew we got Funhaus which was cool and am looking forward to seeing what this brings.

Doesn't ScrewAttack and The Escapist have the same parent company?

OT: And now, we know for a fact that Yang vs Tifa Death Battle was rigged as fuck.

Aerosteam:

Both owned by different MCN's Fullscreen in the case of RT and SA, Defy in the Escapists case.

MatParker116:

Aerosteam:

Both owned by different MCN's Fullscreen in the case of RT and SA, Defy in the Escapists case.

It seems Defy also owns GameTrailers but for some reason on ScrewAttack's site there's a link to go to it, not sure what's up with that.

Aerosteam:

MatParker116:

Aerosteam:

It seems Defy also owns GameTrailers but for some reason on ScrewAttack's site there's a link to go to it, not sure what's up with that.

Founder used to work there and yeah people are gonna be pissed.

Aerosteam:

OT: And now, we know for a fact that Yang vs Tifa Death Battle was rigged as fuck.

Considering that nothing that yang has ever done has comes anywhere close to the level of this:

And yet Tifa can survive that, yeah I would say that Death Battle (as we'll as Cloud vs. Link) is way off base. To a rather staggering degree in fact to be anything other than rigged.

Nailzzz:
And yet Tifa can survive that, yeah I would say that Death Battle (as we'll as Cloud vs. Link) is way off base. To a rather staggering degree in fact to be anything other than rigged.

Hand animated fights decided by personal opinion and entertainment value, rigged you say?

Surely not!

As long as Fox always beat Captain Bucky'O'Hare to death all is well. Although Doom guy should have totally nailed Master Chief, not the other way round.

Nailzzz:

Aerosteam:

Considering that nothing that yang has ever done has comes anywhere close to the level of this:

The fuck did I just watch? Two minutes for a single attack? I'm beginning to remember why I hated FF7. Not to mention I don't remember that fight at all.

Aerosteam:

Yeah, because anyone who thinks that Screw Attack would kill one of Monty Oum's characters is a complete sucker. They had that tribute to him at the end of the Samus vs Boba Fett remake which was just a remake of the Haloid credits. Yet there would be a single chance they would animate Yang's death?

Aerosteam:

I know! Pissed me off that they screwed with the integrity I've come to see in Death Battles that they basically wasted Tifa on a fight with Yang! Yang laughed off Tifa's entire offensive! Tifa didn't have a chance! Squash matches suck! X(
I'm not mad that Yang won, or Tifa lost, I'm just not at all liking the way it all went down, and by the rules, a dead character can't fight anymore, so they wasted a really good candidate for a death battle just to hype one of their own characters! Tifa's research was sloppy, too.
I'm really hoping they don't continue this trend.
/vent

Well they have the same parent company sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

In all seriouslyness, I can't fucking wait for collaborations between all these nerds.

So... Important question...
Is the new thing called screwteeth? Or Rooster Attack? XD

Aerosteam:

Oh, please. I knew the outcome as soon as they showed that Yang survived a terminal velocity fall and they described Tifa as a "glass cannon". I knew at that point that Tifa couldn't do enough damage to overcome Yang's defense and that she couldn't survive Yang's counter. And if you doubt that, you can check out her fight with Loz in Advent Children. Taking that into account there is no way she could handle Yang's full force.

Rebel_Raven:

Aerosteam:

I know! Pissed me off that they screwed with the integrity I've come to see in Death Battles that they basically wasted Tifa on a fight with Yang! Yang laughed off Tifa's entire offensive! Tifa didn't have a chance! Squash matches suck! X(
I'm not mad that Yang won, or Tifa lost, I'm just not at all liking the way it all went down, and by the rules, a dead character can't fight anymore, so they wasted a really good candidate for a death battle just to hype one of their own characters! Tifa's research was sloppy, too.
/vent

That has never been a rule. Ever. If that was a rule, Batman wouldn't have been in a second Death Battle.

They also stated in the preshow that they "hate using RPG characters" because half the point of a RPG is player choice. With FF7 characters there's literally no limit to the spells a character could have and plenty of those would turn the tables. They struggle to remove "Player input" from the fight. They even stated in the post show that there were plenty of materia that would have made it Tifa's win. I can personally think of about a dozen that would have crushed Yang.

Listen guys. I'm the biggest FF7 fan on this site. I literally play the game every year. I actually like Advent Children. I don't even hate Dirge of Cerberus. I will be buying a FF7 themed PS4 and the remake's collectors Edition even if I have to buy two copies of the game.

Tifa lost fair and square. Deal with it.

Now, the Cloud vs Link fight was BS. There's no way Link could defend against Omnislash. He's not more skilled than Sephiroth.

Saltyk:

Aerosteam:

Oh, please. I knew the outcome as soon as they showed that Yang survived a terminal velocity fall and they described Tifa as a "glass cannon". I knew at that point that Tifa couldn't do enough damage to overcome Yang's defense and that she couldn't survive Yang's counter. And if you doubt that, you can check out her fight with Loz in Advent Children. Taking that into account there is no way she could handle Yang's full force.

Rebel_Raven:

Aerosteam:

/vent

That has never been a rule. Ever. If that was a rule, Batman wouldn't have been in a second Death Battle.

They also stated in the preshow that they "hate using RPG characters" because half the point of a RPG is player choice. With FF7 characters there's literally no limit to the spells a character could have and plenty of those would turn the tables. They struggle to remove "Player input" from the fight. They even stated in the post show that there were plenty of materia that would have made it Tifa's win. I can personally think of about a dozen that would have crushed Yang.

Listen guys. I'm the biggest FF7 fan on this site. I literally play the game every year. I actually like Advent Children. I don't even hate Dirge of Cerberus. I will be buying a FF7 themed PS4 and the remake's collectors Edition even if I have to buy two copies of the game.

Now, the Cloud vs Link fight was BS. There's no way Link could defend against Omnislash. He's not more skilled than Sephiroth.

Coulda sworn it was a rule. If not, then my bad, but there's still no telling when Tifa'll get utilized again.

I don't care what they said pre-show. If they didn't like using her, then they prolly shouldn't have. <.<

Of course there's plenty of materia that could've helped her win. The issue is with what they gave Tifa, there's no way she could have won. It wasn't "fair and square" because they knew Tifa didn't have a chance, and used her anyway.
Again, it's not that Tifa lost, or Yang won, it's the vastly unbalanced matchup. There's no way it could have been interesting. Yang could have taken Tifa's offense all day, every day because Yang gets no defense boosts, and with everything she had, Tifa couldn't even KO Yang so she couldn't use her semblance.

Death Battle, to me is about the glorious fight, and the struggle to win. Yang had no struggle. She simply curbstomped Tifa after laughing off all 7 of her limit breaks. The fight was nowhere near even meaning the fight, IMO, wasn't fair.

Rebel_Raven:

Saltyk:

Aerosteam:

Rebel_Raven:

/vent

Coulda sworn it was a rule. If not, then my bad, but there's still no telling when Tifa'll get utilized again.

I don't care what they said pre-show. If they didn't like using her, then they prolly shouldn't have. <.<

Of course there's plenty of materia that could've helped her win. The issue is with what they gave Tifa, there's no way she could have won. It wasn't "fair and square" because they knew Tifa didn't have a chance, and used her anyway.
Again, it's not that Tifa lost, or Yang won, it's the vastly unbalanced matchup. There's no way it could have been interesting. Yang could have taken Tifa's offense all day, every day because Yang gets no defense boosts, and with everything she had, Tifa couldn't even KO Yang so she couldn't use her semblance.

Death Battle, to me is about the glorious fight, and the struggle to win. Yang had no struggle. She simply curbstomped Tifa after laughing off all 7 of her limit breaks. The fight was nowhere near even meaning the fight, IMO, wasn't fair.

They never said they dislike Tifa. They merely said that figuring out RPG characters is a pain. Think of it like this. What would they do for Sheperd in a Death Battle? His/Her sex isn't even standard. His/Her abilities and personality vary wildly from player to player. He/She would be a nightmare to use in a Death Battle.

Food for thought. If they gave Tifa Destruct materia, it would have been a curbstomp in her favor. Like I said, there's dozens of materia that would have let Tifa win. Easily. (Shield materia)

However, they try to take player input out. To do this, they used Dissidia where Tifa is a playable character. In that she uses fire attacks and ice magic. So they used that to figure that she personally favors fire and ice materia and gave her that. It's extremely common materia in the game, so there's no question that she could have access to it. The idea is that if Tifa doesn't know what she's up against, this is her default.

Struggle? How many Death Battles have you watched? Plenty of them end up amounting to one person owning the fight. Spawn versus Kratos, for example. Kratos never had a chance in that fight and the analysis made it clear.

Honestly, this sounds more like you're upset because a character you like got killed than anything. I like Tifa, too (FF7 fanboy), but she lost the fight and I'm okay with that. I'm also okay with Goku losing. Twice. Though I do think they did the rematch a bit too early based on what we've seen in Super so far.

Nailzzz:

Aerosteam:

I probably wouldn't mind their opinion pieces if they weren't so heavily rigged. Giving Link all of his best weapons from every game, while giving Cloud his crappy starter set? I mean, they aren't even trying to hide it. I feel like they just have an ax to grind. Besides, even with the odds stacked in Link's favor, Cloud would have wrecked him. I love both characters to death, but lets get real.

I don't really like Screw Attack, and I don't know much about Rooster Teeth. I guess it's good that Monty's work is being continued, though. My sister will be pleased. I'm sure he would have wanted it that way, and his fans will be satisfied.

Saltyk:
~snipped for length~
They never said they dislike Tifa. They merely said that figuring out RPG characters is a pain. Think of it like this. What would they do for Sheperd in a Death Battle? His/Her sex isn't even standard. His/Her abilities and personality vary wildly from player to player. He/She would be a nightmare to use in a Death Battle.

Food for thought. If they gave Tifa Destruct materia, it would have been a curbstomp in her favor. Like I said, there's dozens of materia that would have let Tifa win. Easily. (Shield materia)

However, they try to take player input out. To do this, they used Dissidia where Tifa is a playable character. In that she uses fire attacks and ice magic. So they used that to figure that she personally favors fire and ice materia and gave her that. It's extremely common materia in the game, so there's no question that she could have access to it. The idea is that if Tifa doesn't know what she's up against, this is her default.

Struggle? How many Death Battles have you watched? Plenty of them end up amounting to one person owning the fight. Spawn versus Kratos, for example. Kratos never had a chance in that fight and the analysis made it clear.

Honestly, this sounds more like you're upset because a character you like got killed than anything. I like Tifa, too (FF7 fanboy), but she lost the fight and I'm okay with that. I'm also okay with Goku losing. Twice. Though I do think they did the rematch a bit too early based on what we've seen in Super so far.

Again, I'm aware materia could have helped Tifa immensely. I basically agree with what they gave her since even in Ehrgeiz that's the sort of stuff she used. I didn't expect her to use Knights of the round on Yang, or some absurd high powered materia. I expected an honest to goodness knockdown, drag out fight that couldn't possibly have happened because I don't even understand why Yang was bleeding since she took everything Tifa threw at her in stride with no further injury.

I've watched all of the death battles, and they could actually hurt eachother for the most part. They were basically built up to make it believable that the fight could go either way from start to finish for the most part. Again, Tifa used everything she was allowed to have, and it was an absolute joke to Yang. This was probably the most one sided fight they've ever done, and it feels corrupted even further because it was used to promote Yang, and RWBY, and the fact that the show, and character were tied so close to Death Battle.

Goku Vs Superman was different, IMO. It's a massive internet meme that they decided to settle. Twice. I get that. It had a point as to why it was the way it was.

Look, I love RWBY, FF7, Yang, Tifa, Death Battle, Oum, Dead Fantasy, etc. but this match was all wrong on so many levels. It's not that Tifa lost, or Yang won it's the circumstances of it. If the fight were fair, I'd be far less bothered.

Rebel_Raven:
Yang had no struggle. She simply curbstomped Tifa after laughing off all 7 of her limit breaks. The fight was nowhere near even meaning the fight, IMO, wasn't fair.

I've never seen Death Battle, but I thought I was following the argument up to this point.

If that wasn't the match, it should have been, because that would have been pretty sweet!

Drathnoxis:

Rebel_Raven:
Yang had no struggle. She simply curbstomped Tifa after laughing off all 7 of her limit breaks. The fight was nowhere near even meaning the fight, IMO, wasn't fair.

I've never seen Death Battle, but I thought I was following the argument up to this point.

If that wasn't the match, it should have been, because that would have been pretty sweet!

I recommend the show.

I almost thought you meant Yang from Street fighter until I saw the pic.

I'm not sure if your Yang would qualify to fight Tifa, or not. It kinda depends on how Death Battle would see different final fantasy games interacting since same universe don't fight each other, and arguably the Final Fantasy series is one universe, or something... but hell, I haven't remembered the death battle rules for crap so far.

I recommend Death battle. For the large part, they research combatants abilities, and generally pair them with someone with a similar theme in a fight to the death.

I also recommend the little sibling show One Minute Melee which is like Death battle but faster, not necessarily to the death, and there's basically no research involved.

Fights are usually exciting, somewhat hyper kinetic, and usually somewhat even, though I don't often try to predict who'll win, I just enjoy the factoids, and seeing the fight.

People actually take that "Death Battle" stuff seriously? Even with their 'research' its mostly just fan interpretations of things, since it's impossible to make things fair, so of course its going to have bias.

Saltyk:

Fox12:
[quote="Nailzzz" post="18.884459.22320448"][quote="Aerosteam" post="18.884459.22319962"]
I probably wouldn't mind their opinion pieces if they weren't so heavily rigged. Giving Link all of his best weapons from every game, while giving Cloud his crappy starter set? I mean, they aren't even trying to hide it. I feel like they just have an ax to grind. Besides, even with the odds stacked in Link's favor, Cloud would have wrecked him. I love both characters to death, but lets get real.

As the biggest Link fan I will jump to his defense and say a simple thing. If the best "equipment" was taken into account there would be no video. Link has had access to the complete Tri Force, that means a world altering no boundries wish. Which means that he could just wish CLoud defeated. Still after all there was tons of equipment missing fo Link too and it is just based on opnion so, why take it so personally? You think that CLoud should win. Some of us think Link wins, it just fantasy.

OT: I hop this menas good things for both companies. I liked what I saw of RWBY and I remmber a time where I saw SA (when they had the AVGN) and liked hteir content. Hope it is good for both.

Nailzzz:

Aerosteam:

Oh yes, how could she possibly survive an attack that deals damage in fractions and literally CAN'T KILL YOU?! I'm amazed at how the Tifa fanboys are such fanboys yet don't know the mechanics of one of the most famous attacks in the game. AMATEURS!

This is interesting news. I don't watch much SA stuff but maybe I'll check it out now. Who knows? I gave Funhaus a chance and that paid off very well.

kurokotetsu:
As the biggest Link fan I will jump to his defense and say a simple thing. If the best "equipment" was taken into account there would be no video. Link has had access to the complete Tri Force, that means a world altering no boundries wish. Which means that he could just wish CLoud defeated. Still after all there was tons of equipment missing fo Link too and it is just based on opnion so, why take it so personally? You think that CLoud should win. Some of us think Link wins, it just fantasy.

But that's the thing, it's not about which character you like more. FF7 and OoT are tied for my favorite game. I like both characters about the same. That has nothing to do with it. They were clearly trying to stack the odds in Link's favor, which is silly. I love Link, but Cloud is just more powerful. No one is taking it personally, we're just pointing out their bias when we see it.

I mean, there are plenty of characters that are stronger then Cloud. It's not about fanboyism. I like Cloud way more then Goku, for instance, but Goku would destroy Cloud, and whatever planet he happened to be on. If they had Cloud beat Goku in a fight then I would call bullshit.

CrystalShadow:

Well, one sounds incredibly wrong and the other is illegal in some places, so I'm compromising with Teeth Attack.

Saltyk:

Rebel_Raven:

Saltyk:

you my friend hit the nail on the head on why people are upset about this, they don't want their favorite character to die. I get that, but its like people are just using this as an excuse to bitch about cloud again(which they have every right to) instead of actually looking at both fighters. I mean yang is pretty much hulk with a shield, that's a little hard to beat with anyone who isn't designed to fight her.

CrystalShadow:

Screw Rooster.

FalloutJack:

CrystalShadow:

Well, one sounds incredibly wrong and the other is illegal in some places, so I'm compromising with Teeth Attack.

Yes... It does doesn't it? Screwteeth it is then. XD

blue heartless:

CrystalShadow:

Screw Rooster.

Well... That works too.
Maybe a bit less crazy though. ^_^

Part of me is surprised to see that people get so irate over those death battle videos.

And part of me really, really, really isn't surprised at all.

Nailzzz:

Aerosteam:

Well I would like to point out that the planet Earth is still around for that, so I think it's safe to say that attack was bollocks.

Zhukov:
Part of me is surprised to see that people get so irate over those death battle videos.

And part of me really, really, really isn't surprised at all.

But you don't get it!

I REALLY LIKE ONE CHARACTER! They need to be able to beat up another major character! THEY CAN NEVER LOSE!

I still agree with the Cloud vs Link outcome because Link has item hax that Cloud just can't compete with. Tifa vs Yang on the other hand? Pretty obvious pandering, honestly. They overestimated Yang's durability and didn't even consider Tifa's. Was the only Death Battle outcome I feel was legit rigged. All the previous ones I disagreed with provided decent arguments at least.

EDIT: Seeing a lot of people treating this as one of the silliest curbstomps Death Battle has done. That's just not true. There are plenty of other hilariously one-sided fights, and not all of them are bad for it. Darth Vader vs. Dr. Doom is one of my favorites. Thematically, it's a brilliant match up, but anyone with knowledge of Marvel comics could tell you how that fight would end.

Nailzzz:

About Cloud vs Link...

Fox12:
I probably wouldn't mind their opinion pieces if they weren't so heavily rigged. Giving Link all of his best weapons from every game, while giving Cloud his crappy starter set? I mean, they aren't even trying to hide it. I feel like they just have an ax to grind. Besides, even with the odds stacked in Link's favor, Cloud would have wrecked him. I love both characters to death, but lets get real

Link beating Cloud didn't really have anything to do with the equipment...as Clouds starting set - considering his Limit Breaks - is more than enough to absolutely trash Link.

What made the fight complete bullshit, however, is that they called a game mechanic one of Link's Abilities: "Z Targeting". It's this "ability" that allowed Link to omni-block Cloud's Omnislash. The problem is that Z Targeting isn't some magical ability that allows Link to block in all directions in a single instant, it's a game mechanic that makes fighting in a 3D world a lot less cumbersome. Hell, it's even named after the N64 controller button that activates it.

That's why that fight was utter bullshit. :P

RJ 17:
snip

Not to mention that nonsense about Link having an unbreakable shield. Nowhere is it said that his shield is unbreakable, it's just a normal hylian shield. Just because it's unbreakable in-game for obvious game play reasons, doesn't mean that it can withstand Cloud's attack. Given what Cloud has done, he could cut through that shield like a hot knife through butter.

Today I learned people take Death Battle way too seriously

DaWaffledude:
Today I learned people take Death Battle way too seriously

I watch it for laughs and entertainment. "Generally" they do a half-way decent job, but even when they come up with what I believe to be incorrect results I don't really care all that much.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked