Forum specific threads moved to Information and Announcements forum

Hey all,

The stickies weren't deleted! They have a new home at;

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/703-Site-Information-and-Announcements

You may continue the conversations there. Thanks!

n0e:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/703-Site-Information-and-Announcements

Can that forum be added to the drop down menu at the top of each page? Because otherwise I will forget its existence.

I'm going to claim credit and assume this was created because of me complaining that the stickies were taking up too much room.

So, excellent! I don't have to scroll Off-Topic anymore. All the new/active threads all appear at the top of the page now.

Zombie_Fish:

n0e:

Can that forum be added to the drop down menu at the top of each page? Because otherwise I will forget its existence.

It's in the "Jump to forum" box at the bottom of this page, and indeed at the bottom of every forum page.

Goodness me, that made me do a double take. Well, at least now I know where to find the forum code thread I occasionally need to reference.

Zombie_Fish:

n0e:

It will be added to the forum dropdown list in the header once ThyNameIsMud, and I quote, "Feels like it". ;)

n0e:

Zombie_Fish:

n0e:

It will be added to the forum dropdown list in the header once ThyNameIsMud, and I quote, "Feels like it". ;)

He promised me ice cream three years ago...

Hope you're comfortable. We're in for the long haul XD

Consider me on-board with this, it got a bit aggravating having to scroll past all the stickies. Having said that, it's going to take some time before I overcome my muscle memory impulse of clicking the uppermost forum link (I always start with "Gaming Discussion").

IceForce:

Zombie_Fish:

n0e:

It's in the "Jump to forum" box at the bottom of this page, and indeed at the bottom of every forum page.

It's slightly useless being there if I'm not using the "Jump to forum" feature.

Fappy:
-snip-

You're a mod? Wait you changed your avatar back?!

Why isn't this part of the forum announcements? Or either of these, really.

Also, congrats on both of these things.

n0e:

Zombie_Fish:

n0e:

How much grovelling do I need to do to make him feel like it?

DoPo:

IceForce:

Zombie_Fish:

It's slightly useless being there if I'm not using the "Jump to forum" feature.

Fappy:
-snip-

You're a mod? Wait you changed your avatar back?!

Why isn't this part of the forum announcements? Or either of these, really.

Also, congrats on both of these things.

I am pretty sure n0e is planning to announce the newest mods soon. I think there are two of us? Maybe more? Not sure, lol.

Off-topic looks more... naked now.

That's the way I like it... :o

Redlin5:
Goodness me, that made me do a double take. Well, at least now I know where to find the forum code thread I occasionally need to reference.

You have 56 thousand posts! Shouldn't you be able to see the world in forum code, Neo style, by now?

TimeLord:

Redlin5:

You have 56 thousand posts! Shouldn't you be able to see the world in forum code, Neo style, by now?

I might very well have Seraph levels of posting but we both know Sassafrass is the one drifting through the hamsters as if they weren't here.

TimeLord:

Redlin5:

Redlin5:

TimeLord:

Redlin5:

I might very well have Seraph levels of posting but we both know Sassafrass is the one drifting through the hamsters as if they weren't here.

I'm starting to feel awfully inferior over here.

n0e:

n0e,

Considering recent... happenings in the Moderation Team's chat, would it not be wise to sanction either Moderation FAQ or The Banhammer and You as the place to hold conversations about disciplinary actions? And, possibly pull it back into the Off Topic Forum, where posts are more likely to be seen and responded to.

madwarper:

n0e:

n0e,

Considering recent... happenings in the Moderation Team's chat, would it not be wise to sanction either Moderation FAQ or The Banhammer and You as the place to hold conversations about disciplinary actions? And, possibly pull it back into the Off Topic Forum, where posts are more likely to be seen and responded to.

What kind of conversations are you referring to? Some of those conversations in the Mod Team chat were just people complaining in circles.

I do agree with there needing to be a place where people can discuss or ask questions about actions that have happened. However the Mods usually aren't allowed to give out information about another users infraction.

Which is why I'm asking for more information, please. :)

I second the idea to have a sanctioned place where people can have open discussions about disciplinary actions, and dare I say it, constructive criticism of the mods/staff/site.

sky14kemea:
What kind of conversations are you referring to? Some of those conversations in the Mod Team chat were just people complaining in circles.

The same ones that have were going on in Mod chat, and have continued to go on until now.

You may see them as "people complaining in circles", but I doubt they'd concur. I wager that those with grievances view them as legitimate, and they would appreciate being taken seriously and responded to appropriately. But, that's not happening. Private communications are being summarily ignored, so the only option left is public.

And, I mean public where everyone can see, not in the dark recesses of the forums where people rarely, if ever, check.
Case in point, looking at the Moderation FAQ. I asked a question, and went a week without being responded to until I made a post on the Mod Team chat and it was finally answered. Then, the next post went another 5 days without being answered. And, the most recent post was by someone banned because... Reasons?

So, I foresee this "ABSOLUTE FINAL WARNING" to be like The Who's last farewell tour... It's going to happen again.
And, the fault for that lies squarely on those that run the Moderation Team, because of the announcements on their own Home page.

Sure, it's been there sine '09, but if the Moderation Team was being honest with itself, the letter of the Team's Welcome Announcement should be changed to something that more closely resembles its current spirit.

madwarper:
Sure, it's been there sine '09, but if the Moderation Team was being honest with itself, the letter of the Team's Welcome Announcement should be changed to something that more closely resembles its current spirit.

I can't second this enough.

I guess it could be said that I've been on this site for a while now (although it doesn't really feel that way to me, but whatever), and I've been a member of the mod group for much of that time too. And in that time, I've seen the mod group get used for:

• Reporting posts
  • Reporting banjumpers
  • Asking why something was moderated
  • Asking why something wasn't moderated
  • Asking why someone was banned
  • Asking questions about the COC
  • Making ad hoc appeals
  • Leaving feedback
  • Making suggestions
  • Making complaints
And for each and every one of the above things, we've been told that it's outside the scope of the mod group (and hell, that's putting it mildly).

So I'm kinda left wondering what the mod group should be used for. We keep getting told what it shouldn't be used for, but I'm struggling to come up with a similar list of things that are actually permissible and can be posted there.

Regardless though, madwarper here is absolutely right in pointing out that the homepage of the mod group literally says that if we "have recommendations, you can post them here". I really do feel this should be amended to better reflect the reality of the group situation.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here