Experiment 0009 (Most likely discontinued)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Experiment 0009 as a comic? Eh, not doing so good.

This may be obvious at this point, but I felt that I needed to "officially" say it.

While I won't say that the comic is "dead", per se, I will say that I have had a decrease in confidence for the comic itself. Fanboy not finishing up the comics in time, myself not actually making the overlay for them, and the website being all over the place, it makes for one crazy night and sort of wanes your confidence in your personal projects.

There are some other factors, laziness being the most prominent, and also the lack of any real support. Though I fully admit that the support should be dealt with myself and obviously I can't expect everything to be a booming success overnight. One can dream though...

I'm glad that "Experiment 0009" made it past the first chapter, hell I didn't even think I'd make it past the first week, but in the end I guess it wasn't truly meant to be.

This does not mean the end for "Experiment 0009" as a whole though, I personally really like the idea and look forward to try and implement it into other forms of mediums and entertainment that will hopefully be more successful than the webcomic has been.

I'm not going to say that the "Experiment 0009" webcomic is completely dead, maybe sometime soon I'll update a page or two in the process (We already have a page in stand-by), but to be perfectly honest I don't have much confidence in the success of this project.

So to whomever is reading this, a fan of "Experiment 0009" or just stumbling on this website, thanks for reading, and feel free to overlook the archives we made.

~Jumplion

He is just an experiment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

But he is destined for something. Good or bad, who knows, but there is something special about him. Granted, he's just a single experiment among the thousands of others, so each and every one of those other experiments were special in their own way.

Experiment 0009, the Ninth experiment in a long line of test subjects and research programs. He is put into his own little world, knowing nothing of what's outside of his little realm of madness. He fights for his life every day; literally. Just like thousands of other experiments, 0009 is put into test chambers and is forced to fight to the death, all in the name of science.

He cannot refuse, it is not his choice. If he doesn't fight, he will surely die either from the experiment or from his "Masters". The only option is to fight and kill for survival.

However, there is a world outside of this hellhole. The question is, though, is it any better than the one he's in now?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Official Website

Vote For Us!!

April 2, 2009
Apparantly, our website is in a small contest in Rate n' Review. It's not a huge contest, but it's a start for the webcomic.
Join up and vote for us here;

http://ratenreview.webs.com/ratereviewyourfav.htm

Don't forget to join up our website to!

April 10, 2009
We have a few updates right now;

1) A few changes have been going around in our website. Go ahead and sign up there to support us! Eventually we'll have to update solely on the website, so we'll be transferring most of the updates there. We'll still update here unless we don't think it's necessary anymore.

2) Vote for us! I've signed up the webcomic on Top Webcomics and The Webcomic List so be sure to vote for us and favorite us!
    Top Webcomics Page The Webcomic List Page

3) The offer to help us out with the website is still up. If you, or if you know someone who can make a good site fit for a webcomic with HTML, please let us know. This can range from just making "first" "last" "archive" buttons for navigation or it could be a complete overhaul of the current site.

That should be it for now, go ahead and vote for us!

April 17, 2009

Good news everyone!

Daye.04 has agreed to help us out in the making of our new website! Drop him a few PMs of encouragement and compliments or even some advice or help yourself! The website template so far is looking great, but there's always room for improvement, so if any of you want to help out in any way feel free to let us know!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experiment 0009 is a Mature rated webcomic thought up and written by me, Jumplion, and made possible by Fanboy. It is set in the far future, around 2100 or so, and will have action akin to the Xiao Xiao series and the Castle series.

I use a program called Pivot: Stickfigure Animator, and Fanboy photoshops everything I need to make it look pretty. If the top paragraph didn't give it away, and neither did the "Stickfigure" part of "Pivot: Stickfigure Animator", then you need a brain transplant. Yes, this comic is stylized and has stick people in it.

Normally you wouldn't consider stickfigure's to be dramatic and emotional, but this is what I aim for this comic to be.

"Experiment 0009" is not a humor based comic. It is a story driven adventure and it does have a planned ending. However, we're far from it for the time being, so no need to worry.

Any other question, feel free to ask.

Posting History

Current Comic:

Chapter 2: Page 16

Chapter 2 has begun!

Page 16

----------------------------------------------------
The website is still in the works with Daye.04, but it's looking good so far! Stay tuned next week for the update, unless for some reason we don't, in which case we'll make it up with two updates indefinately.

Don't forget to vote for us!! We've got a nice little treat for voters, nothing to special ;)

Chapter 1: Birth
March 6, 2009: Page 1
March 7, 2009: Page 2
March 7, 2009: Page 3
March 7, 2009: Page 4 (End of Prologue)
March 13, 2009: Page 5
March 20, 2009: Page 6
March 27, 2009; Page 7
April 3, 2009; Page 8
April 10, 2009; Page 9
April 17, 2009; Page 10
April 24, 2009; Page 11
May 1, 2009; Page 12
May 8, 2009; Page 13
May 16, 2009; Page 14
May 22, 2009; Page 15 (End of Chapter 1)
June 1, 2009; Page 16 (Start of Chapter 2)(Current Page)

This comic will be updated every Friday, but hopefully we can get to the point where we can post twice a week! Wouldn't want to leave you guys hanging now would we?

I'll pretty up this page latter when time permits, but for now, enjoy the first page.

And since I'm using it now again, check out my DeviantArt page. It'll be updated the same time this will be.

Thanks for reading.

Critique is always welcome, no matter how big or small.

~Jumplion

Actually, I was going to simply ignore this till you said "stylized stick figures". I did a comic for a while that was just that, and it made for some good entertainment. I'll try to keep track of this.

Edit: Also, this Pivot: Stickfigure Animator sounds useful. *googles*

Pages 2-4 are now posted!

Since we didn't want to leave you hanging for a whole week, Fanboy and I have decided to post up the "Prologue" part of the webcomic. This will give you guys a taste of what's in store right now.

Page 2 (Richard_Groovy_Pant's last comic)
Page 3 (this also marks Fanboy's begining)
Page 4 (end of Prolouge)

So now that we at least given you guys something to chew, you'll have to wait until Friday for now to get more good stuff.

Till then, enjoy what we have now.

~Jumplion

Very well done Jump, and the new avatar is fantastic. I look forward to these. You hath been bookmarked!

Well done it seems. Being someone else who uses pivot, I'm almost ashamed stuff like this doesn't come to me first, and then I just remember how I'd ending up getting bored and crapping out. Either way, good job.

Not bad. And hey, you took the avatar suggestion from the poll thread.

ArchBlade:
Well done it seems. Being someone else who uses pivot, I'm almost ashamed stuff like this doesn't come to me first, and then I just remember how I'd ending up getting bored and crapping out. Either way, good job.

Sadly, that's how I feel when I start animations in Pivot. Looking back as some of my older animations, it really reminds me how much I should get back into animating.

Gormourn:
Not bad. And hey, you took the avatar suggestion from the poll thread.

I never back down on my word! Besides, it was the rules.

Credit to Strafe Mcgee for the idea.

Man, it has been a long time since I used Pivot. The last time I used it was to created this for my gamertag.

What version do you use? I used the Pivot 3 Beta.

Princeps senatus:
Man, it has been a long time since I used Pivot. The last time I used it was to created this for my gamertag.

I use the regular 2.2.5 Pivot. I can't find the beta anywhere, but I have used it. Didn't see any real difference.

That's a pretty good animation though, nice blur effects however you made them. If you want I could post an animation or two I made before.

Well, it's been

Jumplion:

Princeps senatus:

I use the regular 2.2.5 Pivot. I can't find the beta anywhere, but I have used it. Didn't see any real difference.

That's a pretty good animation though, nice blur effects however you made them. If you want I could post an animation or two I made before.

Well, it has been a while but if I recall correctly the Beta version has the ability to save and use images. So you could save your animation as separate images, then edit one (say number 33) and then use the image as a background in frame 33 (and delete the stick figure in that frame). So it was relatively easy to add blood effect, motion blur and what else in Photoshop and then import it to Pivot.

So if you want to use pivot to it's fullest I suggest getting the Beta version. The more professional pivot users use the Beta version (or at least they used to, when I was using Pivot).

Edit: A download link from filefront http://files.filefront.com/Pivot+3+beta/;11532325;/fileinfo.html

Princeps senatus:

Jumplion:

Princeps senatus:

Well, it has been a while but if I recall correctly the Beta version has the ability to save and use images. So you could save your animation as separate images, then edit one (say number 33) and then use the image as a background in frame 33 (and delete the stick figure in that frame). So it was relatively easy to add blood effect, motion blur and what else in Photoshop and then import it to Pivot.

So if you want to use pivot to it's fullest I suggest getting the Beta version. The more professional pivot users use the Beta version (or at least they used to, when I was using Pivot).

Yeah, you can use sprites in the Pivot 3 Beta can't you? So I could make two separate animations (A and B), then I could import animation A to the end of animation B so I get one whole animation?

But I suppose I might as well drop off some animations;
This was when I used to animate frequently. I'm shocked at how good it is, for my skills at least.
This was a Pivot battle with a female user actually.
This was a 3D scenery test. I am VERY proud with how it turned out. I sort of gave up at the end, but I wished I continued with it, there were some awesome moments in that.

And that should be all for now. This is making me want to animate badly, but I have no idea what to animate...

EDIT: And thanks for the link :)

Bah, now I want to animate. So be it. I need practice anyway, rust has been setting in.

Jumplion:

Princeps senatus:

Jumplion:

Princeps senatus:

Yeah, you can use sprites in the Pivot 3 Beta can't you? So I could make two separate animations (A and B), then I could import animation A to the end of animation B so I get one whole animation?

But I suppose I might as well drop off some animations;
This was when I used to animate frequently. I'm shocked at how good it is, for my skills at least.
This was a Pivot battle with a female user actually.
This was a 3D scenery test. I am VERY proud with how it turned out. I sort of gave up at the end, but I wished I continued with it, there were some awesome moments in that.

And that should be all for now. This is making me want to animate badly, but I have no idea what to animate...

EDIT: And thanks for the link :)

No problem, and you seemed to be quite good in Pivot animation. I can't really say if you can use sprites (just don't remember). I was going through an animation phase and tried a lot of animation programs (flash, pivot and others) but I'm not a expert in anyone (more like a Jack of all trades and master of none).

When I don't know what to animate I often started on normal things in the mean time. Like a dude walking across a street. Then change that into something horrifying (Oh, no, watch out for the car!). :D

Page 5 is now up!

Hyperlink

Standard testing procedure, nothing too extraordinary. Panels 3-6 were an interesting predicament. Since I wanted to keep it from widening too far, I had to think of a way to keep it small. It was an interesting test, though I don't think I'll use that panel method too much.
Also, as you can see, Fanboy at the time is still experimenting with mouths. Hammell looks like a bird in those panels...

I like it Jump. It'll be interesting to see how the comic progresses in further issues.
Either way, keep 'em coming!

sv93:
I like it Jump. It'll be interesting to see how the comic progresses in further issues.
Either way, keep 'em coming!

Thanks, it'll be updated next Friday like always!

If any of you have any critique, whether it be on Fanboy's photoshopping skills or my writings and panel placements, go ahead and critique. Both of us are always open to suggestions on how to make this better.

See you next week!

Keep it up, great comics. I can see the influences from Stickpage also. Seeing as I like Stickpage animations, I'll probably like this.

Page 6 of the comic is now up!

We now find our two scientits, Dr. Hammel and Dr. Manchester, preparing for futue testings. Hopefully it won't have anymore needles...
This is by far my favorite comic so far. Fanboy did an awesome job with the lighting and th X-rays and junk. Be patient guys, we're almost at the first fight scene, we just need to get the testing out of the way.

See you next week guys! Hopefully by then I'll have the websit up and running. That's right, we're getting our own website! Though we may be mooching hosting off of Comic Genesis, it's a website nontheless.

Stay tuned.

~Jumplion

Well it looks pretty cool thus far. The story hasn't gotten very far so it's hard to critique it. *shrugs* But I like the idea thus far, so we'll see...

galletea:
Well it looks pretty cool thus far. The story hasn't gotten very far so it's hard to critique it. *shrugs* But I like the idea thus far, so we'll see...

Anything from the placement of the stick people to the placement of the panels to the lighting effects to the way the script is presentable is critique-able.

Glad you like it so far though, we should be getting a website soon enough. I'll still update this page as the other goes along though.

Good job Jump. And I laughed at the "he has an extra lung, but it shouldn't complicate things". Not sure if it was supposed to be funny, but it was. And this is my favourite one so far too.

Attention all code junkies!

Alright guys, this is a callout to anyone who knows the HTML code and stuff.

I've gotten a website for the comic but the problem is, is that I need to know HTML coding so I can actually show the damn thing and make it look presentable.

Right now, I barely know any kind of HTML coding, I probably know a couple like the whole [ i ] italics [ /i ] and [ b ] bolding [ /b ] crap, but that's not adequate enough.

So this is a shout out to anyone, anyone, who knows some HTML coding. I'm not asking for anyone to completely take over coding the site and all that junk (though, hey, I wouldn't compain ;P) but if anyone can at least teach me or help me learn some basic HTML it would be greatly appreciated. Hell, even if you can give me a site that can help teach newbies in HTML that would be great.

Any help at all will be apreciated.

~Jumplion

Sorry guys, my computer where I store the comic files on has no internet for some reason (using a different laptop) so the update is going to be later than usual. Don't worry, the comic itself is done, and I'm not going to start being like VGcats this early into the comic, just updating to tell you it's oging to be later than usual.

Hang tight.

And that offer to help me learn HTML code (or ideally, do it yourself ;P) is still up, if anyone knows anything about HTML, FTPs, Website hosting, or anything at all please help us out!

~Jumplion

Jumplion:
snip

Well this is where I learned HTLM. But, I would have to say it would be much easier just to make a .Webs account and make a website with no HTML knowledge on there. It's the same thing I use for the PS3 clan. I do use the occasional HTML in it though.

sv93:

Jumplion:
snip

Well this is where I learned HTLM. But, I would have to say it would be much easier just to make a .Webs account and make a website with no HTML knowledge on there. It's the same thing I use for the PS3 clan. I do use the occasional HTML in it though.

Yeah, I'm using the same website to learn some HTML. Though with your website, you told us that it was some limited bandwidth and I don't want to have to deal with that. Comic Genesis hosts webcomics for free with unlimited bandwidth, the only thing I have to do is to prop up the website and find out what the hell it is that I need to do with the freakin' FTP!

It'll be a while before the website is even moderately complete, which is why I'm also hoping someone will come in and rescue the day like Robin Hood or something ;)

Anywho, time for the update;

Page 7 is now up!

The testing procedures are starting. I wonder how Nine will fare...
this comic is more filler than anything, but I'd like to think that it still holds some weight in the plot. Frankly though I don't like how empty it feels with a plain white background, but it'll do for the time being. Hang on to your seats guys! We're almost at the first action scene!

Hm, it sees that I'm still having a problem with the comic. It's too wide for the forum. Does anyone know a way to fix this without resorting to cutting the comic itself?

~Jumplion

Can I just make a small critique about the dialogue in the bottom right panel of 6?
It seems to me that the words "particular test" aren't really needed. I reckon it might look better if they were replaced with "one".
Unless, of course, that's just one of Hammels quirks.

Monkfish Acc.:
Can I just make a small critique about the dialogue in the bottom right panel of 6?
It seems to me that the words "particular test" aren't really needed. I reckon it might look better if they were replaced with "one".
Unless, of course, that's just one of Hammels quirks.

Hmm, it does seem unnecesary now that I look at it. I hear Hammel as a sort of british sounding guy, so big words are a must for him ;D I'll look into simplifying some words that aren't necessary though.

Any other critique is welcome, be as critical as you can (within reason, duh). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jumplion:
post="18.94061.1576416"]
Yeah, I'm using the same website to learn some HTML. Though with your website, you told us that it was some limited bandwidth and I don't want to have to deal with that. Comic Genesis hosts webcomics for free with unlimited bandwidth, the only thing I have to do is to prop up the website and find out what the hell it is that I need to do with the freakin' FTP!

It'll be a while before the website is even moderately complete, which is why I'm also hoping someone will come in and rescue the day like Robin Hood or something ;)

Actually, I believe the longer you are a memeber/the more people that visit your site you get more. When you first make on, you get 100MB. A pretty fair amount, and now I have 500MB and I have no idea why. I'm sure it would be fine though, and if you want. You can upgrade to premium and get like 10x more than that.

Also, if you want. I could help you, if you want and if that's what that ";)" means.

And 1 more thing, can I see the website :P

EDIT: Also, good comic. I liked it.

sv93:
Actually, I believe the longer you are a memeber/the more people that visit your site you get more. When you first make on, you get 100MB. A pretty fair amount, and now I have 500MB and I have no idea why. I'm sure it would be fine though, and if you want. You can upgrade to premium and get like 10x more than that.

EDIT: Also, good comic. I liked it.

Didn't you pay a few bucks or something for your site? I, being the cheap ass I am, want to spend as little if any money as I can on the website. I'll look into it, though I'll need to know if there's a way it can be modifyed for Webcomics.

Jumplion:
Didn't you pay a few bucks or something for your site? I, being the cheap ass I am, want to spend as little if any money as I can on the website. I'll look into it, though I'll need to know if there's a way it can be modifyed for Webcomics.

Nope, not a penny. My site was 100% free. The site I made is just one of about 20 templates. There are literally ones for everything. I choose the gaming one. Also, if you're on live chat. We can discuss that there instead of spamming up the forums :P

Attention everyone! A website is now created!

While I did sign up for a Comic Genesis account, I have decided to take up sv93's offer and create a website out of the site he made his in.

http://experimentnine.webs.com/

So far, I'm experimenting (har har) with the site a bit and seeing what I can do with it. I'll be editing it around and seeing what options I can tweak and maybe see if I can optimize it for webcomic use.

Go ahead and sign up on the site if you can. If anyone has anything to contribute for the site, feel free to post it here or send me a PM. Any help is appreciated.

I will note, however, that someday we will get a complete standalone site and not one that leeches off another website, so this means that the offer to teach me (or make yourself) HTML for the site is still up. But won't be for a while (fortunately or unfortunately).

stay tuned.

~Jumplion

I signed up, and am proud to say I am the first to do so! It's looking good Jump.

Looking good lads. I'll set you up with a link when my website is all done.

This be interesting. I really want to see where it goes.

BTW, if you want some simple hosting that's specific to webcomics, you might want to try Drunk Duck. If you can't be arsed with Comic Genesis or your own site, that is.

Decoy Doctorpus:
Looking good lads. I'll set you up with a link when my website is all done.

Pfft, I thought shameless advertising was above you?[/hypocrite]

I'd be more than happy to affiliate with you, just provide one of those cute little buttons that people click on and I can put it on my website.

MindBullets:
This be interesting. I really want to see where it goes.

BTW, if you want some simple hosting that's specific to webcomics, you might want to try Drunk Duck. If you can't be arsed with Comic Genesis or your own site, that is.

Comic Genesis was really getting on my nerves with the whole bullcrap of FTPs and whatnot, but a completely new site isn't out of the box just yet. I will check out Drunk Duck ('cause I'm a webwhore like that), but I havn't heard too many good things about it.

But I'll keep it simple for now, the website I have no will do.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here