Memes only your city will understand

Title says it all. Ever place has rivalries and jokes that only locals will understand, and so this is a place to post them and laugh as though we actually get what's going on but we all know deep down we don't.

As the OP I'll start:

This one's been flying everywhere on social media for those of us in the Greater Montreal Area over the weekend. Which isn't a surprise given how the two have a great rivalry as the first and third largest cities in the GMA, or first and second largest regions (Montreal and Longueuil are both cities and regions, and in both cases the city is not the region, though between 2002-2006 that was the case for the only time in history).

Pls help, we'll end up eating our young soon

Well, I am next to Florida.

Growing up, many people made fun of Wigan. I was often accused of being from Wigan due to my love of pie.

Yes, I have had a Pie Sandwich.

First, there is any meme with the word 'Yinz', 'Stillers', and other Pittsburgh-isms, including reference to a 'jagger bush'.

Second...

Third...

...and of course, anything Myron Cope ever said in his life, ever.

Get to know, the place I'm from... I'm, from, Halifax.

...I'm from Halifax.

I don't care for where I am for school.

Never forget

One from where I currently live...

...and one from where I used to live...

Well some quick google-fu brought up the following:
imageFor context, no hipsters are actually from Brooklyn, they're an outside invasion force. I mostly blame California and Boston.
Shitting on New Jersey originated in Brooklyn, but quickly spread across the nation and is now America's national pastime.

I'm too lazy to make images, so I'll just post a couple memes from my old hometown.

I went to Douglas.

Yeah I went to RHS, Reihl High School.

This is an image I found a LONG time ago. It's a haiku that is genius on every level, reflecting so much nuance about London life in three little lines. I don't know if this counts as a "meme" but whatever, it's brilliant.

It was the best summer ever!

I've never seen a picture of it, but we have a joke here in Reno, NV.

Reno is so close to Hell that you can see Sparks.

Sniper Team 4:
I've never seen a picture of it, but we have a joke here in Reno, NV.

Reno is so close to Hell that you can see Sparks.

Oh shit another person from the Biggest Little City on Earth!

OT here are a couple:

Still at least we don't flee like cockroaches when the light came on during a small Earth quake, like Californians do.

Sums Reno up pretty perfectly.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime:

My people tell the same story.

Perhaps peace between our species is possible.

Its St. Louis Bread Co, you bastards! Not freaking Panera Bread!

BREAD CO!!!

I can do this!

It's so true.

I used some Google-Fu, but here are some good ones.

Oh God, it's so true.

This pretty much sums up why I moved to be closer to work.

And I couldn't find a meme about it, but I have a joke. I hate driving in Atlanta, because everything is off Peachtree Street.

But which one? There's 14 different ones!

I'm actually wearing mine right now.

Here is three:

The weather in Melbourne can often change drastically in the middle of the day with no warning. Sometimes proving the weather prediction wrong.

Our south eastern suburbs have a bit of a reputation for being for the lower class suburbs. Usually associated with drugs, violence, burglary, as well as being unemployed and on welfare (Centrelink/dole) payments.

Creator002:
The weather in Melbourne can often change drastically in the middle of the day with no warning. Sometimes proving the weather prediction wrong.

There's a saying in Pittsburgh that goes "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes.". Meteorologists are always wrong, unless they're predicting shitty weather. Even then, they might get the time of day wrong because mother nature likes screwing with them.

I think half of Knoxville's culture revolves around college football.

FalloutJack:

Creator002:

There's a saying in Pittsburgh that goes "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes.". Meteorologists are always wrong, unless they're predicting shitty weather. Even then, they might get the time of day wrong because mother nature likes screwing with them.

That's funny. We have the exact same saying in Georgia. As of Wednesday, the high was in the 90's. Yesterday it was 78. The weather can turn on the drop of a hat.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked