The inspiration of your username

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Same as title. BronzeHeart is kinda random while 92 is the year I was born.

Tippy is my nickname IRL.

Tippy was available at the time but generally I add 2K or something of that nature to it. Tippy itself is usually not available so I made it a habit to add 2K2 to it when signing up for stuff.

A combination of the name of a DnD character I had, Sailun, and the Forgotten Realms deity Selune.

Edit: Oh, and its pronounced "Say-loon". Alot of people tell me they are unsure how to say it, but I dont think it looks that hard to figure out. *shrug*

Not much to it. One of my preferred MMO characters was named Asita, so I just reused the name.

Asita:
Not much to it. One of my preferred MMO characters was named Asita, so I just reused the name.

Simple and yet effective. I like that.

I was playing ff7 a long time ago with a young cousin watching. When we got to Red XIII I let her name him and she picked Dr.Suess.
I then proceeded to misspell it and the rest is history.

If I could change it again I probably would.....

I used to play a lot of World of Tanks. Not going into details, but I figure I made the game free for a lot of people.

My favorite tank lines, in general, were the Americans. Turreted Tank Destroyers like the Wolverine, Slugger, M8A1, Hellcat, etc. etc.? Fast but durable Heavy Tanks like the T1HT and M6? Well-rounded Medium Tanks like the M4 Sherman, Ram II, M26 Pershing, etc. etc.? Awesome low-tier tanks like the M3 Stuart, T18, T82(now both moved to the fucking Artillery line, god dammit), T1 Cunningham, M22 Locust, etc. etc.? And all that wicked gun depression for hill fighting? HELL YEAH!

Of course, there were several other tanks from other lines that I enjoyed as well, most notably the Soviet T-34-85 and KV-13 Medium Tanks and BT series and T-46 Light Tanks, the French FCM 50t Premium Heavy Tank, the German Panzer III Medium Tank, the British Cruiser Mk.III line of Light and Medium Tanks(practically my second favorite line behind the Americans) and the Japanese Medium Tanks(the Type 2597 Chi-Ha at Tier 3 is a fucking beast with its 47mm death cannon).

A certain Lich, who really has been absent from the Order of the Stick storyline for way, way too long. I think I was pretty wasted when I made the account so I spelt it wrong and missed a space. Nice.

I had taken the moniker 'warper' since the early 90's. Then, a few years later, when I tried to make an aol account with that name, I saw it was already taken by some SoB. So, I was 'mad'. And, I kept that modified moniker ever since.

What's that you say? That apart from the obvious reference to a common video game trope, your username is an attempt to remind yourself to keep your mouth shut as you have yet to make a post that you didn't come to regret?

Well ain't you a downer. Now get on back to your lurking.

American Tanker:
I used to play a lot of World of Tanks. Not going into details, but I figure I made the game free for a lot of people.

My favorite tank lines, in general, were the Americans. Turreted Tank Destroyers like the Wolverine, Slugger, M8A1, Hellcat, etc. etc.? Fast but durable Heavy Tanks like the T1HT and M6? Well-rounded Medium Tanks like the M4 Sherman, Ram II, M26 Pershing, etc. etc.? Awesome low-tier tanks like the M3 Stuart, T18, T82(now both moved to the fucking Artillery line, god dammit), T1 Cunningham, M22 Locust, etc. etc.? And all that wicked gun depression for hill fighting? HELL YEAH!

Of course, there were several other tanks from other lines that I enjoyed as well, most notably the Soviet T-34-85 and KV-13 Medium Tanks and BT series and T-46 Light Tanks, the French FCM 50t Premium Heavy Tank, the German Panzer III Medium Tank, the British Cruiser Mk.III line of Light and Medium Tanks(practically my second favorite line behind the Americans) and the Japanese Medium Tanks(the Type 2597 Chi-Ha at Tier 3 is a fucking beast with its 47mm death cannon).

slugger? SLUGGER???? its the m36 jackson !!!!

seriously though good choices.. ive always had a soft spot for the shermans and collected them all :D ah man i havent played in a long time and didnt know they moved the t18 and t82.. they were awesome fun

as for my username.. its from an abused teddy bear that unsuccessfully tries to rob the vatican in the movie hudson hawk

It was one of my nicknames.

Arguably one of the lamest ones i got (i hate my real name so prefer to collect nicknames) and wish i went with another but heh, what can you do, deed is done now.

I was looking for a name for checking out secondlife, for some reason I wanted a name starting with 'W.' I did some looking and since I didn't really have any idea what secondlife was about I found out the word Worgen (which still sounds like a name to me) meant "to strangle" so I went with it and have kinda been stuck with it as a handle for most things.

Literally this.

I was in a steampunk kick at the time. Still like it, just not huge on it like I was 7 years ago.

I just thought of something random when I joined this Forum. Mr. Mattress just seemed like the best name at the time.

Back in the dark ages of the early 2000's, I was "The guy with the... the... Thing!" at high school. That thing was a Euphonium. So when it came time to create a forum account, that was the first name I thought of.

Spectrobes. The guy was named Rallen. I put two and two together one day and there we have it.

One of my favorite game series on the Snes. I still remember playing Lufia with my dad when i was like 6. So much so that if i have a baby girl, I'm naming her Lufia. A reference no one in real life will get. Like a walking easter egg.

It is/was my fanfic name.

Ernie McMillan from the Harry Potter series is a piece of shit and I always found his name funny. Bob is the most generic name I could think of.

There's a level in Modern Warfare where, when you turn the corner of a shipping container, an enemy jumps out only to be shot in the head before he can fire. You then hear over the radio, "This is sniper team 2, we've got your back." That's where my name comes from. I changed it to four because I'm the IV in my family.

Wrex from the Mass Effect character of the same name, Brogan because 'Wrex Krogan' sounded silly.

Why, it's because of Fallout, Jack.

(Actually, it's a bit more of a in-depth reason revolving around identifying myself as more of a Fallout fan at a Machinima board for Running Guns Studios.)

Components of my real name mashed together and an unnecessary addition of my favorite number.

AREN'T I CLEVER

Ryallen:
Spectrobes. The guy was named Rallen. I put two and two together one day and there we have it.

Massive points for some Spectrobes love! Though, if Rallen's name is, well, Rallen... Why did ya add the Y in there?

OT: I was trying to think of a name for a YouTube channel that never kicked off, and my friend did a random RPG name generator (Since we both love RPGs). Somehow we got Elvis Starburst and I really liked the sound of it (And still do). I use it for most things these days.

My old username/handle (This site included) was Aetheora. I was a bit into the online fantasy RP scene at the time, and I wanted to play a more angelic character. So I used the word Aether as the base, and flipped about with the second bit. Ended up being nicknamed Aeth by most people. Was fun times~

My username only makes sense if you speak Swedish.

I once was playing Bomberman online, and tried to think of some nickname to use for the match. Since Bomberman, like many multiplayer games, has the objective of killing everyone I eventually settled on the phrase "Pray your last prayer"(Sw: "Be din sista b?n").

The amount of characters the game allowed in a username was limited and spaces couldn't be used, so it became Bedinsis(which should correspond to Prayyourla"). I liked the name, and since then it became my standard username on various websites.

As a note, while Prayyourla is a string of letters that might reveal the backstory of the name, Bedinsis isn't really. It's kind of how in The DaVinci Code when a password at one point are the first numbers in the Fibonacci series and the protagonist notices that strung together they just look like a bunch of random numbers.

A Quellist would be a follower of Quellcrist Falconer, a revolutionary thinker from Richard K Morgan's 'Altered Carbon' series (Basically cyberpunk Noir and highly recommended). She came up with some quotes i liked very much, such as:

"The personal, as everyone?s so fucking fond of saying, is political. So if some idiot politician, some power player, tries to execute policies that harm you or those you care about, take it personally. Get angry. The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here ? it is slow and cold, and it is theirs, hardware and soft-. Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice; the creatures of power slide from under it with a wink and a grin. If you want justice, you will have to claw it from them. Make it personal. Do as much damage as you can. Get your message across. That way, you stand a better chance of being taken seriously next time. Of being considered dangerous. And make no mistake about this: being taken seriously, being considered dangerous marks the difference - the only difference in their eyes - between players and little people. Players they will make deals with. Little people they liquidate. And time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it?s just business, it?s politics, it?s the way of the world, it?s a tough life and that it?s nothing personal. Well, fuck them. Make it personal."

"The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice."

"If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry."

While i'm no revolutionary i do like those sentiments, plus I was playing Anarchy Online at the time and wanted to get into the Roleplay scene and it made for a great backstory

I was doing mma 5 sessions a week when I was signing up to xbl. Ive always been better at striking then grappling (that was my starting point) but enjoyed the brazilian jiu jitsu.

I continued to use the name when I came here.

Funny enough I've never actually seen this film.

Kenny from Kenny vs Spenny made a reference to it in one episode, and my little brother took it and set it as the permanent name for an old account I was using on Xbox that I haven't touched in 8 years. Figured "meh, why not" and kept using it, though it's annoying how many sites have a user who already uses it.

Way back around the turn of the century, I got into LAN parties, but didn't have a nick yet. I went by 'ND', my initials, the first few times. Later on a friend of mine put on some music and I asked him what it was. He told me 'Limp Bizkit'. I rather liked how that name sounded, but didn't want to copy and take it as is, so I turned it into 'Chimp Nitwit'.

It was my online handle for years, after which I shortened it to just 'Chimp' around 2008. That was already taken when I signed up here, as was Chimpy, so it became Chimpzy. Been using Chimp in some form or another for about 18 years now.

'Cause it was a nerdy reference by a nerdy character in a nerdy TV show... Seemed appropriate for this place. I loved the line, particularly given just who was being Darth'd, so to speak.

I used to have a profile picture depicting a guy with his head on fire.
Also, it alliterates~

Inuyasha

In my defense I was really young when I originally made it and it stuck.

I like tf2(Even though I haven't played much of it recently) and Godzilla so I combined the two.

Another name I go by on the Internet is Godzillarich which is the name my mom gave my PSN account and the name grew on me.

The reason I have two usernames is because I fucked up making my YouTube account and had to come up with a different name, tf2godz

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here