Cool,fun songs to listen

Hello everyone.I am looking for some cool,fun songs,instrumentals to listen and i need your recommendation.When i say cool first song that comes to my mind is Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple or their another one Black Night.To simplify i would love to hear some songs,instrumentals,that would give me some euphorical feeling,either because of their riffs,grooves,sax,maybe whistling parts,etc.Genres doesnt matter.Thank you in advance.

I'm into electronic music, so I've literally got thousands of suggestions, but I won't waste your time with dozens of suggestions. I'll just say check out The Cinematic Orchestra's "Burn Out."

Can it be stupid fun songs? Here is one of my personal favorites:

Instrumentals in a similar vein to Deep purple you say.

A German stoner rock band. Man Germany has some good old rock bands at the moment.

When you say "euphoric", I think of stuff like this:

My current song I can't stop listening to.

Vanilla ISIS:

AH! I love that song.

"Taking control of the elephants" and "touching up all of the elephants" - and I hope you hear it now too.

I think I heard it from iTunes on an ambient playlist. It's hard sometimes to find music that is similar to other songs because they're grouped by album/artist at times.

I just discovered this song and i want to share it with you.Its brilliant.

The Allergies - As We Do Our Thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b9v9rfO_XE

Vanilla ISIS:

haven't seen that clip in ages.
I always hade a soft spot for Teardrops my self.

MacLeod:
Hello everyone.I am looking for some cool,fun songs,instrumentals to listen and i need your recommendation.When i say cool first song that comes to my mind is Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple or their another one Black Night.To simplify i would love to hear some songs,instrumentals,that would give me some euphorical feeling,either because of their riffs,grooves,sax,maybe whistling parts,etc.Genres doesnt matter.Thank you in advance.

I would recommend M83, the hurryup where dreaming album in particular.
(the clips are a Trilogy, so i recommend you watch them in order)

Not really sure what you're looking for, cause most of your description I wouldn't associate with those two songs, but I'll give it a shot

You can't get cooler than some sweet sweet jazz.

EscapeGoat:
You can't get cooler than some sweet sweet jazz.

I like some songs but not really a fan of that genre.But i must admit take five and watermelon man are cool songs.Thank you for your reply.

Here are a few I really like:

I'm not entirely sure about euphoric. But putting one of the greatest bass players of all time in a band with one of the best banjo players of all time... is something pretty cool.

Gureato Daze

It's such a fun song. David Production are on point with their OPs as always.

Good for washing down the bad aftertaste after Humanz:

Pardon me for the grunge, but here are some songs that always get me cheered up.

Good listening, my dude.

If you want instruments, Shiina Ringo has got you covered across the board from the standard guitar, bass, drums to horns to violins to full-on orchestras. I'm very much a classic rock guy but this Japanese artist has become my favorite artist of all-time.

Here's one of my favorites from her, I just love the flute in this song:

If this song isn't cool, then I don't know what is, bunch of horns and a saxophone. The music video is also really cool with great animation.
Shiina Ringo - Mayonaka wa Junketsu
https://vimeo.com/95092684

Shiina also created and fronted an amazing band, the best since the classic rock era IMO. Here's a music video in english with a cool keytar solo.
Tokyo Jihen - Handsome Sugite
https://vimeo.com/87332296

Here's Tokyo Jihen doing their thing live with such ease featuring a solo via the good old double bass.

Another recent artist I've come to love is Janelle Monae. I actually found out about her because of the movie Hidden Figures as she plays one of the 3 main characters. Both her albums are really good. What other artist working today would make a series of albums heavily influenced by Fritz Lang's Metropolis? The bassline is just off the chain in Tightrope.

One final current artist I sorta really like is Paloma Faith. The "sorta" is because I love her voice and first album; however, her last 2 albums are musically pretty repetitive with basically the same constant beat through most of the songs. Gone are the instruments and variety found in the following song Upside Down.

CrazyGirl17:
Here are a few I really like:

That Streetlight Manifesto song is pretty awesome. Hopefully, they just don't have the one good song.

The Raw Shark:
Pardon me for the grunge, but here are some songs that always get me cheered up.

Good listening, my dude.

Thank you very much :)

Thank you all for your replies.

Here's one more for you that I think will fit the bill:

All of these have some vocals in them, but the instrumental is really the focus of the songs.

There's

Really, that entire album is really cool. It's about a vigilante ghost driver.

Also, Electro Swing in general I think is super upbeat and kind of just makes you want to move around and dance.

MacLeod:

All I can think in my head is "Shut Up and Dance With Me" by Walk the Moon.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here