Is DC's Darkseid a Superman Villain or an Everyone Villain?

Pages PREV 1 2

Kenbo Slice:

Agent_Z:

Samtemdo8:

Can we have a Batman that finally got over his trauma of his parents dying in front of him and moved on?

The whole "Why do you say that name" and "Darkness, No Parents" thing is symptom of larger problem of Batman writing, he cares too much to the point that becomes an annoying charcater flaw and a stupid weakness and people thinks Kryptonite is dumb.

Bruce its been decades already, move on and get a wife, start a family, and think of the future instead of dwelling in the past.

Snyder at least played it like an actual flaw unlike most Batman scribes. Hell, he even pointed out that Bruce's obsessive and paranoid nature was a result of a pointless war on crime rather than his default personality.

Too bad Snyder's idea might have been decent, however execution is...lacking.

I legit almost left the theater after that scene. Truly, some of the worst writing I have ever seen.

No matter what you say man, to this day I still believe that Comic Books themselves has gotten away with far, FAR worse.

That scene was nothing compared to the shit I have already.

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

Agent_Z:

Snyder at least played it like an actual flaw unlike most Batman scribes. Hell, he even pointed out that Bruce's obsessive and paranoid nature was a result of a pointless war on crime rather than his default personality.

I legit almost left the theater after that scene. Truly, some of the worst writing I have ever seen.

No matter what you say man, to this day I still believe that Comic Books themselves has gotten away with far, FAR worse.

I don't know. I found the Martha moment way more insulting than OMD. Doesn't make OMD better because its utter, utter garbage. Thanks, Joe Quesada, you hack.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

I don't know. I found the Martha moment way more insulting than OMD. Doesn't make OMD better because its utter, utter garbage. Thanks, Joe Quesada, you hack.

Its not just One More Day and using a DC angle, this:

https://youtu.be/lSrO1puobWQ?t=7m3s

And if we need to use BATMAN as an example

Samtemdo8:

Honestly I put Batfleck on par with Crazy Steve because both are a bunch of deranged psychopaths that kill and murder criminals with no thought or guilt. As for the JLA: Act of God, well, same thing can be applied to BvS. A movie that is pretentious about the ideals of God or religion, but doesn't delve deeply into it and completely just a hard-on for Batman fanfiction.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Honestly I put Batfleck on par with Crazy Steve because both are a bunch of deranged psychopaths that kill and murder criminals with no thought or guilt. As for the JLA: Act of God, well, same thing can be applied to BvS. A movie that is pretentious about the ideals of God or religion, but doesn't delve deeply into it and completely just a hard-on for Batman fanfiction.

Batfleck would not Paint Himself Yellow :P

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Might I point out all the comics you point out as being the worst thing ever are all Elseworld tales? Show me some bad comics that are actually canon.

Natemans:

Samtemdo8:

Batfleck never killed anyone who wasn't already trying to kill him or anyone else. And he had to be manipulated into fight other superheroes whereas steve just picks fights with anybody he chooses.

JLA Act of God tried to sell the authors flawed views on religion as legitimate whereas in BvS, the characters with flawed views on God are deliberately written that way. It also allows Batman to be wrong unlike Act of God.

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Natemans:

Might I point out all the comics you point out as being the worst thing ever are all Elseworld tales? Show me some bad comics that are actually canon.

Fuck it if they are Elseworlds tales, if anything the movies and animated adaptions are Elseworlds tales in their own right that happen to not be one offs. The true canon has always been Comic Book themselves.

But despite the fact they are Elseworlds tales they are still worse than anything I have seen from Batman v Superman.

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Fuck it if they are Elseworlds tales, if anything the movies and animated adaptions are Elseworlds tales in their own right that happen to not be one offs. The true canon has always been Comic Book themselves.

But despite the fact they are Elseworlds tales they are still worse than anything I have seen from Batman v Superman.

BvS is an Elseworlds too. Honestly I would put the quality of bad Elseworlds with that film.

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Yeah but the DCEU shares a continuity that (most) Elseworld stories don't.

Kenbo Slice:

Samtemdo8:

Kenbo Slice:

Yeah but the DCEU shares a continuity that (most) Elseworld stories don't.

That is what I said, that DCEU is an Elseworld story that happens to not be a one off story and has a continuity.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here