A brief review of Jigsaw

I always said they should have left the Saw series as a trilogy even though Saw 6 was a lot better than 4 and 5. Saw 7 wasn't too bad but, even so, still would have said 'keep it as a trilogy'.

That should have been it but we now have an 8th film in the series called Jigsaw which I've just got back from seing. This won't be an in depth review of the film, just a few of my thoughts, one of which being 'that was certainly one of the better films in the series'.

I knew it wasn't going to be as mind blowing as the first one was back in 2004 but it was still a really good film. It wasn't as gory as I was expecting it to be but that was OK seeing as some of the other films went a tad OTT.

It has the usual tropes of following a load of people working their way through a load of traps, some dieing along the way, all while the police try to figure out what's going on. I had my suspitions about characters and events and, although I got some things right, there was a whole lot more going on than I could have guessed so the end twist was brilliant.

My flatmate and I very much enjoyed it but we both kinda hope this really will the last one.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here