Removed

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I have removed my words from this site.

*single tear rolls down my cheek*

I'll just... sit here... and keep on missing you old friend...

Buy it and watch it every day.

Very good review, GREAT show. I love it so, so much.

Cryo84R:
Buy it and watch it every day.

Maybe not every day, but go through the whole series at least once a month, just to remind yourself of how good sci-fi shows used to be. and cry a solomn tear that it never got the network recognition it deserved.

One of the best reviews I have read of it in a long time. Own it (and Serenity) and have watched them over and over. The one thing you could have added was the morality and honor of Mal, god knows if every man had half the honor he did the world we live in would be a better place.

Oh firefly.. you were too beautiful for this world..

Good review. Awesome show. I applaud you sir!

*Applauds*

Pro: Everything said in this article.
Con: Summer Glau's creepiness.

I did buy a Firefly DVD boxset to see what all the geek fuss was about and gorram it did I love it. Especially the weird way in which most of them speak.

And the movie wasn't enough. We need more seasons.

joethekoeller:
Snip

You sir, are my big damn hero. Very shiny.

zipzod:
Con: Summer Glau's creepiness.

Pro: summer Glau's acting.

Harmondale2:
Oh firefly.. you were too beautiful for this world..

So true *sheds single tear*

"One more thing - I can kill you with my brain."
^_^

I know they won't bring the serries back but I'd love to see a spin off from the same universe. Long live the Brown Coats!

joethekoeller:

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to talk about the whole cancellation issue, but I guess that was a bit unrealistic. Yes it's awful firefly had to go. I probably have never been this close to not lying when saying that I'd give my left foot to see more of it. But while I didn't like to see it end, I like that it ended brilliantly. The one thing that would have killed me inside would be seeing it go on longer and loose its mojo, eventually turning into the repetitive shite we have on tv, held together by fan service and joke repetition.

I haven't watched Buffy all the way through, but I get the impression Joss avoided those pitfalls throughout all of Buffy's season (more or less), so I would have expected the same from him on Firefly... which makes its loss all the more tragic :'(

joethekoeller:
I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to talk about the whole cancellation issue, but I guess that was a bit unrealistic. Yes it's awful firefly had to go. I probably have never been this close to not lying when saying that I'd give my left foot to see more of it. But while I didn't like to see it end, I like that it ended brilliantly. The one thing that would have killed me inside would be seeing it go on longer and loose its mojo, eventually turning into the repetitive shite we have on tv, held together by fan service and joke repetition. And I'm fair certain that would have happened eventually. After all, the kind of creative writing Firefly had is incredibly hard to keep going at that level. Additionally, while the crew members getting hurt is a great way of illustrating the dangerous line of work they're in, it wouldn't have taken long to go from normal unbelievable to absolute bullshitting incredible that nobody ever took lasting damage.

Whedon did a really good job of avoiding these issues through 8 seasons of Buffy. At the least, if they were there, they never were blatant enough that I remember noticing them. I agree that it shouldn't have gone on too long, but methinks another 2-4 seasons would have been a perfect length for it, allowing for a lot of the things they glossed over in Serenity to be brought to light.

joethekoeller:
YOUR REVIEW

I think you'll like this :)

*sigh*

Firefly was the only show I ever watched and kept with.

Fuck you Fox for canceling it. Fuck you right up the ass.

Great review. I agree a lot, in that I love Firefly for still giving a down to earth feel in space. It just feels like a real group of people, shoved in a space ship, with a good premise, as its easy to see things in space going to hell wild west style.

grimsprice:
*single tear rolls down my cheek*

I'll just... sit here... and keep on missing you old friend...

The glory days, they will be missed...

I still can't understand fox...

A gold mine like this but they won't renew or sell the rights to someone who would renew. All cause it would mean accepting the fact they where WRONG about the series. How, even with all the sabotage from the get go, it was a great idea and vastly superior to a lot of sci-fi out there. Even those that the fox network apparently wanted a clone of, trek or the likes...

Cutting off ones nose to spite their face might as well be the motto of fox network.

I still miss the series, greatly, and am glad I had the box set to watch.

I only saw 2 episodes besides the movie and I loved it.

A shame fox is a bunch of retards that took it down to make room for something I'm sure is less good.

Everyone ever should see Firefly. It took me way longer than all of my friends to watch it, and when I borrowed the box set from one of my friends I finished it in 3 days, watching about 5 hours a day. It's that good. Now I just have to see Serenity.

Probably the most awesome sci-fi series I've seen...

I miss that show soo much been meaning to get a box set or colltors set or something but haven't gotten around too it.

Great review and all, but The Escapist already loves Firefly. I think the one (and only) thing we could all agree on is that Firefly is amazing

I don't know why Whedon keeps going back to Fox, they screwed him out of the final seasons of Buffy and Angel

On the plus side, Firefly didn't have a musical episode.

Firefly was awesome. I saw Serenity before I watched all the dvds. Watching the show I realized that the movie was just a mash up of the tv show. Albeit well done and awesome. :D

Your review... I get the whole, "informing the uninformed masses" about the plot, but as far as reviews go, you could probably trim a lot of the plot outline out, and keep more to what you did near the end of the review.

E.g. More of what you did in that second last paragraph, and less of what you were doing in paragraph's 2 through 5.

All in all, though? Excellent review (as everyone has said already :P ).
I still thoroughly enjoyed it, and your writing style seems to be a bit different to other reviewers on this site... in a good way.

As one of the many on this site who unequivocally, unabashedly, love Firefly; congrats on the review, and for saying what we were all thinking. ^_^

joethekoeller:
The problem with gettin more is that once you realised it has become worse, it's too late and you can never again unlearn that information.

Then again maybe that's just my petrified heart telling me that something that's brilliant in every way possible couldn't last.

I know what you mean and understand the natural fear that we all have of sequels and zombie series' that should have been put down long ago. However, it should have run on for at least one more season - he had plot arcs planned, questions to be answered and others posed - the whole shebang!

Sure, Joss has had some hint-n-miss moments in the past - Alien 3 was crap compared to its fore-runners, Dollhouse started pretty weak - but Firefly was his golden moment, and I think he would have been able to step away from it when the time was right.

I'll just go out and say it.

Jewel Staite is a goddess.

I received the entire series on DvD for christmas after some "subtle" hinting, makes me think of what could have been.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked