Furburt reviews: Brain Dead

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

And now, Furburt reviews via video the film that will revolutionize the way you see custard, it's...

Brain Dead

a video review

Thanks to Hub for helping.

Good review, although there was a little too much awkward silence in the beginning. It was like "Ok....hmmm....yeah... ooh... that's gotta hurt... yeah...". Other than that, terrific.

And who is that gorgeous fella playing a zombie? I want his phone number!

Ah I saw this earlier, made me laugh.

Good work!

Brain dead is so overly violent that it made my brain melt, also WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR ACCENT

Zenode:
Brain dead is so overly violent that it made my brain melt, also WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR ACCENT

Irish of some sort.

Zenode:

That would be an Irish accent, not that hard to recognise.

Man I just got this movie again yesterday! Coincidence or what?

And good review too. Makes me want to watch it right now.

Man, I really want to see this now.

That's the kind of gore that I love, because it's not disturbing, it's hilarious :D

Good review, kept my attention unlike a lot of reviews.

EDIT:

How can anyone above me have watched the whole review...? It was over nine minutes long...

You should probably write a script in advance, not being able to come up with any negative points severely detracts from the review.

Good review... actually made me consider checking this out... eventually.

Hubilub:
Good review, although there was a little too much awkward silence in the beginning. It was like "Ok....hmmm....yeah... ooh... that's gotta hurt... yeah...". Other than that, terrific.

Yeah, that was originally for comic effect, but it didn't really work out like that.

Hubilub:

And who is that gorgeous fella playing a zombie? I want his phone number!

"Cap'n, the ego! The ship cannae take it!"

I watched this on ondemand last weekend. It was the American titled "Dead Alive" but its the same thing. I was in the mood for a good zombie movie and this definitely got it done. The dinner scene was sooooo much more disgusting than anything else in the movie (I literally almost puked). The pastor fight scene was my personal favorite, what with the awesome one-liners.

Excellent review btdubs.

A good review of a great film. Makes me w.ant to watch it again.

Fragamoo:
You should probably write a script in advance, not being able to come up with any negative points severely detracts from the review.

I actually deleted that scene and attempted to come up with some new negative points, but then after rewatching it I still couldn't find anything bad about it, so I put it back in, as my camera fucked up and wasn't up to recording a new take.

Although, as Hubilub said to me, the film makes it very difficult to eat custard again, due to one particular scene.

Well, that was nine minutes of my life I am glad to have spent.
It's fun listening to ye, Furb.
And the review was well done.
I'm going to have to see if the campus video library has it now...

You, sir, have an awesome voice.
And a freaky smile

OT: My friends have been bugging me to watch this.
The answer?
Still no.

But you almost swayed me

Good show, sport!

Ciarang:

Zenode:

That would be an Irish accent, not that hard to recognise.

In fairness, I called it as an English accent, then American, then Scottish, then finally Irish. That took about 4 minutes

TheNamlessGuy:

But you almost swayed me

Good show, sport!

Damn! I almost had him.

wordsmith:

In fairness, I called it as an English accent, then American, then Scottish, then finally Irish. That took about 4 minutes

American? I'm insulted.

But I'm glad you got it in the end.

Very nice review. Mixed a few words up but you can't have everything. Also I like your accent.

Furburt:

Zenode:

Irish of some sort.

...."of some sort" are you cross breed or something XD

Nice review, mate.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find this movie. Right now.

"I kick arse for the Lord!"
Classic.

I'm impressed, is this your first one? If so. Well, it was great. The murdering of Hubilub made me laugh out loud. Also, you have great taste in reviewing that film. Although yeah (if you didn't, which I assume you didn't, but you could of... because it will still be pretty good if you didn't) do a script. Though I am thinking this might detract from the spontaneity of your review, nevertheless, I enjoyed it immensely; I encourage you to do more of them. Although there was this one part where you didn't say anything during a video clip for a few seconds, that was rather uninteresting.

Zenode:

Yes. I AM WRONG!

noooooo, just moved around Ireland so much I don't really have an accent you can pin down.

Good stuff. Great movie too.

...Oh that accent.

Mmmmm.

Great review. I've never seen the movie but it looks so over the top it's perfect.

Furburt:

TheNamlessGuy:

But you almost swayed me

Good show, sport!

Damn! I almost had him.

wordsmith:

American? I'm insulted.

But I'm glad you got it in the end.

You feel insulted? I take pride in my knowledge of the intricacies of language, think how *I* felt when I figured it out...

My english teacher always said "if you're choosing to review something, pick something you hate" because it's easier to pinpoint what you hate than what you like. so a lot of it seemed a very "it's just good..." discussion of points.

However I liked the review, I might check the film out and despite what I said before there were points where your argument was coherent through THE MOST FUCKED UP IRISH ACCENT I'VE EVER HEARD! Seriously, see a doctor. ;)

Furburt:

Zenode:

Yes. I AM WRONG!

noooooo, just moved around Ireland so much I don't really have an accent you can pin down.

So......Ireland has accents within accents, okay moving on

Daveman:

However I liked the review, I might check the film out and despite what I said before there were points where your argument was coherent through THE MOST FUCKED UP IRISH ACCENT I'VE EVER HEARD! Seriously, see a doctor. ;)

I take that as a compliment!

wordsmith:

You feel insulted? I take pride in my knowledge of the intricacies of language, think how *I* felt when I figured it out...

Let us weep together.

Neosage:
The murdering of Hubilub made me laugh out loud.

I knew you wanted to see me suffer.

I was not killed, I was merely incapacitated!

Hubilub:

Neosage:
The murdering of Hubilub made me laugh out loud.

I knew you wanted to see me suffer.

Oh not at all, I just found the scene entertaining. Truly magnificent acting there. And in all honesty I am rather fond of you. In an odd way.

Edit: Since when could a lord of the inquisition be killed anyway?

Zenode:

So......Ireland has accents within accents, okay moving on

Why of course, a Cork accent and a Belfast accent for example, they sound completely different, even to the untrained ear.

Hubilub:

So what you're saying is that 'you'll be back'?

Hurray! I love that film. Excellent review. I particularly enjoyed the joke about Meet the Feebles. Crazy coked up muppets - hilarious.

PS. Film quality increases dramatically when stoned.

Continuum:

PS. Film quality increases dramatically when stoned.

This applies to almost every B-movie in existence.

Is there a plot to this film? I just saw alot of gore and then some more gore.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked