Eggsnham Presents: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune; A (15 minute) Review

This is a 15 minute review, meaning, I have written, edited and slapped the pictures together in 15 minutes (give or take a few seconds). Tell me how I did and if this is a worthy, if not shameless gimmick.

Rating: Teen

Platform: PS3 (exclusively)

Ah yes, Uncharted; a massively over-hyped self described "console seller".

Gameplay: Uncharted plays like a mixture of the popular game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and how you would imagine and Indiana Jones game to play, that is clunky and hard to control, the gun-play is okay and enemies either seem way too easy, or way too overpowered. I've lost count of the amount of time I'd died while trying to do one thing and ended up doing something else and ended up getting shot or falling off a cliff. That being said, the game is awesome.

image

Awesome

Characters: The characters in the game are quite cool actually, if not cliche for an action movie/game. The main characters consist of Nathan Drake and his friends, 'Whatserface' and 'Wisecracking Old Dude', the latter of which is only present for about 10% of the whole game, which sucks; because I found him WAY more interesting than 'Whatserface', who is present for the other 90% of the game. That's not to say that 'Whatserface' is a badly made character, just that she isn't very interesting, she's not "mysterious" and doesn't look like she could tell a whole lot of stories, unlike 'Wisecracking Old Dude', who actually does tell (or at least attempts to tell) stories, usually before he's interrupted. And that just leaves Nate, probably the most uninteresting of the three main protagonists, Naughtydog originally set out to make a "Joe Schmoe" kind of character, and did too well at it. It's not that he's that ordinary (hell, I could never fill his shoes) it's just that for a treasure hunting, wall scaling, one man army; Nathan Drake is kind of bland. But awesome. But bland.

image

Drake and 'Wisecracking Old Dude'

Wrap Up: Overall, Uncharted is a great game with many surprises and goodies to unlock (yes, there are goodies to unlock) Gameplay is a little clunky, but it's very cinematic and a very enjoyable time. Now, let's wrap up this review and head off to bed, shall we?

I don't know what to tell you. For 15 mins its a good job, but as an actual review its pretty bad.

Barely even scratches the surface of a game like Uncharted

I think your mixing up the words "Review" and "Summary".

Pimppeter2:
I don't know what to tell you. For 15 mins its a good job, but as an actual review its pretty bad.

Barely even scratches the surface of a game like Uncharted

I think your mixing up the words "Review" and "Summary".

Well, like you and I and the review each said, it was done in 15 minutes, I may make a real review of Uncharted soon, though.

Pimppeter2:
I don't know what to tell you. For 15 mins its a good job, but as an actual review its pretty bad.

Barely even scratches the surface of a game like Uncharted

I think your mixing up the words "Review" and "Summary".

My thoughts exactly

Decent "summary" as Pimppeter2 said, I loved Uncharted and its sequel. One thing though, I like to view Nate Drake as more of an "every-man", if you will, a character who the player can easily identify with.

 

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked