Pimppeter2 and Domble present: The Knuckleduster -Mass Effect 2-

Pages 1 2 NEXT

THE | Knuckleduster

pimppeter2 | DOMBLE

Despite popular demand!

"Yeah, it's Dom... I've started another fire." | "I remember my life before I met you. It was a happy time."

What else is 2am for?

"We really need to talk about formatting." | "No, we really need to talk about how you know where I live."

Google is your enemy.

"Hey, wanna play Guess Where I've Hidden Your Family?" | "Goddamnit, again!?"

Three or four times does not constitute "always".

"-Wacky quote-" | "-Scathing retort-"

-Weak punchline-

By Pimppeter2 and DOMBLE

Feed back appreciated

Thanks for reading

... what the hell did I just read? My brain, it leaks.

There's something about bad mining and lusting after Tali, I know that much..

Loop Stricken:
... what the hell did I just read? My brain, it leaks.

There's something about bad mining and lusting after Tali, I know that much..

A glorious first comment! One for the books!

Anyways, its a partner review with me and Domble. His are the ones in the box, which you click to reveal mine when you finish. He is the "veteran" Mass Effect player, and my parts are the "novice".

...dammit. Why don't I have a group where I can use the news to post my reviews in?

Although, 'tis be a good review. It's a nice swing away from the usual "Play. Take in. Review identically to everyone else." structure. The randomness sort of made it for me if I'm honest.

Haha! Well done, you two.
That was quite an entertaining seven minutes of my life.
I quite enjoyed the double point of view thing, and both of the writing styles were fun to read.
Now then, I hope you realize you simply must do this again sometime, right?
Please?

It was really well-written. I could get a lot of what the game had to offer without any spoilers.

Now I wonder. Should I have read each review all at once, alternating writers every section, or was I better off reading them one at a time.

How do you get two people at once to post?

On Topic : Nice Review. (I don't even play mass effect 2 but I like the review)

Entertaining. Wrong in some places (Thane is a lizard, not a fish, also no mention of Legion?! We are busy reaching a consensus!)

This review was like an orgasm in my mind. Seriously! Both of you have great writing styles and the format, I thought, was top-notch. The back-and forth joking really serves to lighten up the mood and occasionally got a good chuckle out of me. I'd love to see more from the both of you.

10/10

Souplex:
Thane is a lizard, not a fish, also no mention of Legion?! We are busy reaching a consensus!

Yeah but fish flows better :) lol also with legion... I really don't know why, but I considered talking about him to be a bit like a spoiler.

One of the magazines I read presented him as something that was stalking shepherd, and he was quoted saying "We do not feel fear, but we understand the effect it has on you." so I honestly thought he was a bad guy that was following shepherd around, having him as a good guy was a pleasant surprise for me.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it lol

Godavari:
This review was like an orgasm in my mind. Seriously! Both of you have great writing styles and the format, I thought, was top-notch. The back-and forth joking really serves to lighten up the mood and occasionally got a good chuckle out of me. I'd love to see more from the both of you.

10/10

Hey thanks man :)
We put a lot of time into this, but it was in no way a chore. Pete's a lot of fun to work with. Hopefully more in the future :D

Well, the storyline and voice acting IS great, however the gameplay is only improved if your basically a Gears Of War Junky. Basically what they did was remove almost all of the RPG elements to the point of making it 100% twitch. You have less skills so there is less to really build in a character, you can't collect weapons and armor as treasure anymore, never mind customize them with mods. Somehow someone thought it would be "the same thing" (I believe Bioware claimed this to Game Informer) if they made custom ammo and grenades into SKILLS rather than equipment. So basically if you want a grenade you need to have the DLC, get Zaeed, do his loyalty mission, and then learn his grenade skill. Want armor piercing ammo? Same thing except with Garrus (who doesn't require DLC), but guess what? You can only have one skill learned from comrades at once, so if you want grenades you can't ALSO have armor piercing ammo.

What was there was really good, but I think it's not that the game benefitted from being dismembered with a chainsaw, but succeeded in spite of it. Sadly it seems Bioware is only hearing what it wants to hear because a lot of people like me are saying pretty much the
same things.

Excellent review. Very much worth the eye-bleed to read it.

Generally, there are some things that I disagree with in a review, but not this one. Every single point you guys made was accurate and intelligent. Also, there was some very funny statements made in there that only added to the entertainment value of the review.

Awesome tag team, that's for sure.

I decided against writing a Mass Effect 2 review of my own, primarily for fear of people actually reading my work, but also because I didn't want anyone to know that I was stupid enough to go Renegade...

I'm so depressed...

Amazing review, I follow both of you with the Pimpin reviews and the caffeine series. The quotes made me laugh and the actual writing was as usual for you two, well above par. I hope to see you two work together again, even though it hurt my brain to read that much on one game I don't have nor want, but it was worth it.

Very good review, had me laughing in places and I agree with most all of it. Especially the planet scanning. AHRRG! This Planet Scanning Song is amazing if you haven't heard it before.
I really think the combat deserved more of a mention though, both for the stripping of RPG elements and the introduction of a very solid cover TPS. Both can be argued for and against.

Haha!Nice one pimp and Domble! You two never cease to amaze me! And you two combined just makes it all the better!

I agree with this whole review.

Brilliant. I saw this coming but that didn't stop it being less awesome. Congrats.

Awesome review!

I just realised that I'm a Domble fanboy...

Ah well. At least my persistence is mentioned in almost every review now :P

That was a horrible review. You two really don't have any talent at all.

... Nah, I'm just messin' with you. T'was awesome-sauce with donuts on top.

Awesome tag-team review, really immpressive aand has inspired me to do nothing since I dont own a xbox...Still amazing review!

Good review. Must have taken ages to format it all like that though. Kudos.

that was the best review i've read in ages, the formatting was genius and since i read and love both of your reviews I was very happy. jolly good show my boys!

Point of view from someone new to the series and from a ME1 player, gives this some perspective. Excellent idea.
The review would've been even better if you two could've found many points to disagree on, because I like the different take.
You guys rock.

You fools! YOU MANIACS!

The world was not prepared for such concentrated brilliance! Do you have ANY idea what you've-

*world explodes*

You're all madmen! MADMEN!

but seriously what the fu-

*BOOM*

*Applause*

Well done, how ever, I think you have changed my views on life, and back again, in one review!

Good review, enjoyed it.

veloper:
Point of view from someone new to the series and from a ME1 player, gives this some perspective. Excellent idea.
The review would've been even better if you two could've found many points to disagree on, because I like the different take.
You guys rock.

Well defensibly be looking to do that kind of thing in the future.

Holy moley, we really weren't expecting this kind of response.

Thanks to everyone who's commented, makes the whole thing worthwhile :)

kurupt87:

I really think the combat deserved more of a mention though, both for the stripping of RPG elements and the introduction of a very solid cover TPS. Both can be argued for and against.

Yeah we really wanted to, the only thing is the game wasn't really focussed on that part and our review was already MASSIVE as is lol

but thanks for the kind words man, glad you enjoyed it :D

domble:
snip
...but thanks for the kind words man, glad you enjoyed it :D

Credit where credits due, and you guys did a good job, individually and as a whole. I'm new here, and it's good to see interesting new/random ideas like this review layout.
It could be an excellent tool to use on a game from a genre one of you dislikes and the other likes, any common ground that you'd find would be very good, and any problems would be seen from two perspectives. A good review and a good invention-thing!

Great review guys. It was a tad jarring to keeping going between the two reviews section by section, but I enjoyed them overall.
Mass Effect 2 was brilliant IMO, it's one of those series which I initially didn't like, but decided to give one last go and ended up loving it. ME2 has to be one of my favourite games.

Great review, very funny mates!

A very good review, sorry I've been a bit late in getting around to reading it. I did enjoy the arbitrarily placed humor. A fun read.

But seriously, that wasn't long enough. Needs about six times more paragraphs and 3000 more full stops. Preferably. Between. Every. Single. Word.

Great review, it was interesting how well you guys worked together. I hope to see another joint-review in the near future.

I really like the double viewpoint setup of the review, and it is very well written, as both of you always write.

Also, gotta agree a bit more with Domble, But, that being said, I come from the viewpoint of a serious ME1 veteran.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked