Opinionated Reviews: Numb3rs

Please give feedback. I've been doing these little critiques for about a month now, and I enjoy making them. I'm interested in your opinions.

I did not watch it because of the second post you made.

It's odd I really didn't think I'd seen this show until you mentioned the gambler line, and then I remembered about what I'm pretty sure was a black jack episode that I saw in my math class after my final exam in high school. I don't know if that says more about me or the show(probably me).

But anyway it the critique was alright. Like I said before I've seen one episode and I'm not sure if that was Numb3rs so I have no base line to go off.

Savant Crime:

If you post videos you should learn how to embed them (quote me to see how), and a little companion text wouldn't go amiss either.

Anyway, haven't seen the show at all, but that was a pretty decent video. You might need some editing, or focus on some areas in more detail; less points in greater detail may work better.

Overall it's pretty good though, I'll check out your other videos.

Edit: You like castle? Really?
That show is awful! Nathan Fillion deserves much better than that...

Outright Villainy:

Savant Crime:

If you post videos you should learn how to embed them (quote me to see how), and a little companion text wouldn't go amiss either.

Anyway, haven't seen the show at all, but that was a pretty decent video. You might need some editing, or focus on some areas in more detail; less points in greater detail may work better.

Overall it's pretty good though, I'll check out your other videos.

Edit: You like castle? Really?
That show is awful! Nathan Fillion deserves much better than that...

Castle's main problem is the cops. Nathan Fillion's character is great, the scenes with his mother and daughter are great, and the core concept is sound. Then they bring in the annoying female lead and her comic-relief friends and ruin the whole thing. The writing team on Castle need to take a long, hard look at The Mentalist to learn how to write Comedy Male Lead and Serious Cop Lead.

The writing team on Castle need to take a long, hard look at The Mentalist to learn how to write Comedy Male Lead and Serious Cop Lead.

There's a trap there, though. We don't know what they were trying to achieve with the author/cop dynamic, so can we really judge what Castle "needs" to do? And the "Serious Cop Lead" in Castle isn't Beckett, Ryan, or Esposito. They're none of them truly hardcore "serious" characters, just like Castle himself isn't a "comedy" character, strictly speaking. They're all just characters, and should be judged as such, not as the molds you seem anxious to fit them too. And that, the characters, is what I praised.

Besides, I think one of The Mentalist is quite enough.

I like Numb3rs and think it's entertaining.
You've got interesting points and I've never watched it with like I normally do series, all seasons and done research on stuff I find interesting in the show, it was just pure entertainment before bedtime for me.
Pretty good review and welcome to the Escapist, hope you like it here!!!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked