Into the Orange Reviews: The Color Green

FOREWARNING: Each and every one of the following links are simply pictures. It is encouraged to click them as you read, as they will not yield to a mountain of text.

Often times we have gazed over a landscape, a picture, or other visual stimulant, and never given any credit to many of the individual shades of color that make up the tiny pieces we see. This will be my first installment on a one part series on the colors.

THIS WEEK:

Green

Appearance

The color green is a very nice blend of the colors blue and yellow, most generically a perfect balance of a 1:1 ratio. The hue of this attractive color can range anywhere from nearly black to just shy of being mistaken for white. Personally, one of my favorite shades of the color green is Hooker's green, which consists of a nice rich look and isn't too bright or dark to look at. To represent the purest color of green on a computer, the color coordinates on a color chart must be (0[red], 255[green], 0[blue]).

Altering the variables on those three inputs results in various shades of color, which may or may not be green. The amounts of colors that fall within the category of green is nearly limitless, as the change of a single value will technically result in a brand new color. The introduction of a fourth value, like in the new Aquos television, could potentially result in a large increase in the options of the color green presented to you at home, and to further increase the color-green-viewing experience.

Uses

The color green primarily is used in the compound known as chlorophyll to help aid the trillions upon trillions plants harness sunlight in their metabolism, thus ensuring their life functions don't cease, which in turn allows the plants to consume carbon dioxide (more commonly known as CO2, or "hot air") and produce oxygen. This oxygen in turn is breathed by land animals, insects, and the occasional rock, also keeping essentially all of land-based lifeforms on the planet alive. Aside from single-handedly keeping terraneous life from dieing out, the color green is used for very poor camouflage. Green was also copyrighted by Al Gore in 2002 from a stroke of brilliance he had, resulting in a net gain of nearly a quarter of a trillion US dollars.

Cameos

The color green has been on a myriad of television programs, blockbuster movies, and even video games, albeit the latter of the three is becoming scarcer to find, what with the booming success of the colors brown and grey. Some past performances include, but are not limited to, the Oompa Loompas from the hit Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, along with the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Green also played a stunning role in the award winning Shrek series, and the popular Discovery Channel show Man Vs. Wild often shows green at its most savage time. Green also captured fans' hearts on the wildly renowned Star Wars saga.

Overall Opinion

The color green is vital to the success of not only the human race, but also every single land-based form of life on the planet. It also entertains us in the movies it plays in and ensures that Al Gore will be obscenely wealthy until the day he dies. However, the color green also makes my sandviches taste bad, and this cannot be forgiven.

imageimageimageimage

Four color swatches out of five

Why, yes. This is a comedic review. Why do you ask?

My sincere apologies to the colorblind...

I'm more partial to a bit of blue myself...

A very in depth review. I shall keep an eye out for this 'green' in the future!

Portal Maniac:
However, the color green also makes my sandviches taste bad, and this cannot be forgiven.

B..b..but I love the colour green, it's my favourite colour by far >:(

FrostyChick:

Yes, but as I said, it makes my sandviches taste bad. And that cannot be forgiven, as I love to eat sandviches.

Portal Maniac:

FrostyChick:

Yes, but as I said, it makes my sandviches taste bad. And that cannot be forgiven, as I love to eat sandviches.

but what about blue? some molds that grow on sandviches can be blue.

FrostyChick:

Yes. And green is, by definition, at least 1% blue. I have broken your logic.

Portal Maniac:

FrostyChick:

Yes. And green is, by definition, at least 1% blue. I have broken your logic.

and you get yellow mold, and because yellow is made up of red and green that means all the basic RGB colours are bad.

Yes! I was hoping you'd review Green; it's my favorite color.

I really don't see why you'd like any other color. I mean, why do people like Red? Fucking fanboys, amirite? Red was shite. Average AT BEST.

Very nice review, Portal. I approve.

I like Green, as it is the color of my beautiful eyes...
Also, the color of money. Which I need more of.

Green is my favourite colour, so I must now declare my undying love for you Portal.

(And we need to play some TF2 already so I can show you my leet skillz)

I say, Hookers Green is simply an exquisite colour.

Cool story bro. I love the color green, and I was saddened to see it retire from its long game career. Here's hoping for a return.

Timmehexas:
And we need to play some TF2 already so I can show you my "leet" skillzs.

Name the time and the place!

As long as it's on the weekend. And on a server where we both have relatively equal ping.

Jedamethis:

Isn't it just lovely?

Oh That Dude:
Green has an entire political party dedicated to it over here.

Also, a simply dazzling review sir.

I'm waiting to see how green's latest bill will turn out.

I should have seen that Hooker green thing coming a mile away. But I didn't know it even existed. Oh well. You learn every day, I suppose.
This was an entertaining bit of a read, Portal. Thanks for that.
But in all honesty, Green pales in comparison to a nice dark Red.

Portal Maniac:

FrostyChick:

But what about the green that makes your sandviches taste good? Surly that balances it out?

Silver Patriot:
But what about the green that makes your sandviches taste good? Surly that balances it out?

Green sandviches are still the single worst thing ever.

The crazy German agrees with me.

Portal Maniac:

Jedamethis:

Isn't it just lovely?

I must paint the whole world Hooker Green! And write a review of something, but first things first!

This is the best definition of green ever....

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked