Sassafrass Reviews: Fallout: New Vegas

Notes Before I begin

Any TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read) posts will result in a report.
Any images are provided by Google, credit goes to those who made them.
This review is of the 360 version.
This review will be based on the unpatched version as my connection is too poor for me to download patches. In addition, always review a product as sold, not before they fix it after release.
Any comments on new layout also welcome.

Fallout: New Vegas is a role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is set in, and around, post-apocalyptic Las Vegas (New Vegas) as puts you, The Courier, on the path for revenge against those who stole your package and left you for dead, while also getting you caught up in the political battle between the many factions vying for control of the Mojave Wasteland.

New Vegas starts in off in the bluntest way any game has ever started before. On your knees in front of a group of shady characters, knelt next to a freshly dug grave. One of the group gently fingers a 9mm pistol, before aiming it at your head. The guy with the gun quips, "From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is, the game was rigged from the start." then pulls the trigger. After that dramatic opening cut-scene, you are put into the game proper. After being nursed back to health by the local doctor in the town of Goodsprings and sorting out your characters looks, name and stats for the game, you are spat out into the world with one task. Find the man that shot you and find out what was so important about the package you had taken from you in such a violent matter.

However, seeing as you know next to nothing about the guy that shot you, you will naturally have to find out who it was by helping people out in exchange for information. Along the way, you'll either piss off a lot of people or piss off a lot of people, due to the Factions in the game, the NCR and Caesar's Legion. Naturally, these two being the two main factions at the start, they hate each other for various, political reasons. I cannot go into more detail then that as it would spoil any potential outcome but the choices you make over the course of the game dramatically change how the game ends, and what happens to the Mojave Wasteland in the many years to come. For such a basic sounding story, one if revenge, it is actually pretty misleading and a good one as well. It hides the bigger picture of what is happening in and around New Vegas, hiding the true motives of why you where mugged and left for dead and why that package you were carrying was so important to so many people. It is a linear story at the start but it soon opens out into a massive ending, with four possible factions to side with and numerous endings.

So, Mr. Chandler from Friends, you expect me to talk?

As mentioned before, factions play a heavy role in the game and do affect how you progress through the game and how other factions look at you. For example, do a job for the NCR; you will lose standing with Caesar's Legion. Similarly, do a job for the Legion; you will lose standing with the NCR. It is like this for many of the factions, who all hate or like other factions, depending on their beliefs, aims or goals. It's a great addition to the game, meaning that you do have to manage relations with the various factions in and around New Vegas, so you don't end up as a hated enemy and therefore attacked on site by them. To tie in with this and make avoiding annoying other factions a lot harder, and to make certain you really think about these things, New Vegas has some really tough choices to make and they aren't as black or white as they where in Fallout 3, where you knew what you were ding was right or wrong. In some missions, there are no definite right or wrong way to go, meaning that you are left uncertain whether what you did was right. A good example of this uncertainty would be the quest given to you in Jacobstown by Marcus, a Super Mutant, and how you deal with the end of that quest, which I shall not spoil. I was left wondering if what I did was actually the best choice in the end. It is one of only a few games that leaves you thinking whether or not that choice you made is going to come back and bite you hard in the ass later in the game and indeed questioning if what you just did was the right thing to do.

To help you through the game and to also help you kill off the various creatures, Raiders and, if you so wish, the general population of the Mojave Wasteland, New Vegas uses the same gameplay engine that Fallout 3 does, so anyone who was a fan of Fallout 3 will be instantly familiar with how this feels and handles, so will take to it like a Deathclaw takes to crunching your skull after it removes it from your shoulders. There have been a couple of smaller tweaks to the aiming, to make it more accurate. True Iron Sights have been included, making aiming a lot easier when you activate them, which is a blessing when you have something huge bearing down on you and Obsidian have made it feel more fluent as well. However, the biggest change though is the addition of Hardcore Mode, which makes the game a little bit harder. In Hardcore Mode, you have to keep an eye on your sleep, dehydration and hunger levels, whilst keeping an eye on how much ammo you have as that gains a weight stat and could heavily limit the amount of stuff you can carry. It also restricts the healing effects of stimpaks, forcing you off to see a doctor or use a Doctors Bag to heal those limbs. It makes the game that little bit tougher and adds on a new level of gameplay, meaning that the gung-ho players will have to adapt and plan trips ahead or struggle and die in the Mojave Wasteland.

Canadians: Bringing hockey-sticks to a gun-fight since 2076

New Vegas, in its basic mode, has a more unforgiving side as well, and that is due to the difficulty spike Obsidian has put into the game, making the game feel tougher overall, making you think tactics or at least, making you choose between "Fight" or "Flight". Do you attempt a full-frontal assault, a sneak attack or do you just ignore them completely, finding a way around them and avoiding any attacks? It feels more intuitive this time around, giving you choices in how you take on groups of enemies. Enemies are generally tougher to take down on Normal, they swarm you and try to flank around you, sometimes forcing you to holster your gun and just run as fast as you can back to safety as their sheer power overwhelms you. While this may sound horrible to some of you, for me it was a great thing. You are not a godly man or woman walking the Wasteland, crushing any and everything beneath your boot, looting and cackling as everyone runs from you. You are a courier, a normal person, trying to find out who stole your chip, whilst being over-powered by a couple of Giant Radscorpions, struggling to stay alive out in the Wastes as all manner of creatures try to make you their next meal. Even at the higher levels, you will still struggle against a couple of Deathclaws, or a swarm of Cazadors, a new bee type enemy which can and will swarm you, leaving you scrambling for a Stimpak and running for your life whenever you run into a pack of them without realising they are around.

Happily, to help you around those harsh Wastes, you can still find and recruit companions. While some are more useful then others, each one is more then a glorified pack-mule this time around, with all the companions coming with their own small side-quests, back-story and personality. The companions range from Boone, a former sniper with a sweet rifle and a chip on his shoulder with everything, to Veronica, a companion who loves to punch things and wants nothing more but to find a nice dress to wear, to Rex, a cyber dog who is in dire need of a few repairs. To go with the newfound personalities, each companion comes with their own little side-quests as well, extending the game's length a little bit. Add to that, a proper system for guiding the companions around known as the Companion Wheel, the improved A.I and general humanness about these companions make you care for them a little bit. They are no longer just pack-mules, but people you will get to know and like, have fun taking down those annoying Radscorps with. That is right up to the moment they decide it would be wise to charge a Deathclaw with a fucking machete. Sadly, the companions will, at times, totally disregard your orders and go native, regardless if they are aggressive or passive, getting them selves knocked out, although this has happened rarely to this reviewer.[1] They will also sometimes not do anything while under attack and get killed, which is a major problem as well, especially if you're doing their quest at the time.

1 Dino, 1 Thermometer wasn't as well received as 1 Fisto, 2 Mole-Rats.

So, the gameplay is fun, easy to pick up, easy to get your head around but also challenging at the same time, making the perfect balance for new-comers and seasoned veterans. But sadly, it can be very, very buggy at times and thus, ruin the fun of the game by making you die cheaply or lose a lot of health. At times, the aiming and firing completely locks up, neither letting you aim down the sights or even fire the gun for a good 5 to 10 seconds, leaving you extremely vulnerable and prone to a quick death, quests bug out and either automatically fail or glitch, plus the auto-saving system on the 360 is extremely suspect as well. During the course of playing the game, I lost two saves due to the saving bug and the, somewhat ridiculous work-around, way to stop your saves being corrupted is to turn off the auto-saves, which, in a game as big as this, can be a bit of a kick in the teeth if you forget to save regularly. If you have a buggy save system in the game, what else do you expect to be buggy? On top of that, some of the older bugs and glitches that were found in Fallout 3 return too, which is very disappointing considering it is the same engine and haven't been addressed in the two years between the games. There is no excuse; they should really have been fixed by now and it's a major disappointment.

The sound and graphics are not very free of the bugs either. At times, while listening to Radio New Vegas, one of the new radio stations, the sounds drops and becomes quiet, regardless of what the sound setting is in the pause menu, the sound of a gun being upholstered or holstered is delayed by 3 or 4 seconds on occasions as well. As for the graphics, textures will, albeit very rarely, not load, just leaving a flat, brown surface and also give your character a few weird moments where they might grow about four more arms. However, all that said, the graphics in New Vegas, whilst nearly the same as Fallout 3, are so much better. The colours they have added to the world make wondering from one place to another interesting and denote that there is life here and it appears to be a lot sharper then Fallout 3 was as well. In addition, the voice acting has improved a lot, so much so I am prepared to say this is one of the best-voiced games I have ever had the pleasure of playing and listening to, with more voices this time around, although the odd voice does crop up more then once now and again and at other times, it can be the same actor, just with a new accent or sound effect over the top. The background music when not listening to the radio is also superb as well, always matching whatever you are doing at the time, while the radio stations themselves have a good selection of songs but nothing as memorable as Fallout 3's amazing radio soundtrack.

A dog made of metal? Quick, keep Uri Gellar away from it!

So, would I recommend you to pick up Fallout: New Vegas? Well, a big yes and a very big no. While the game is undoubtedly one of the best games I have played, the bug issue is a massive problem. When there are no bugs and it's running smoothly, it is gaming perfection, a game that all developers should be striving to make and it nestles firmly into my Top 5 Games, alongside the likes of Viva Pinata, Oblivion, Final Fantasy X and Banjo-Kazooie. However, when it is buggy, it tends to quickly become gaming hell. The bugs will soon go from being a minor inconvenience, like a Radscorpions corpse falling through the ground, to skull-crushingly annoying, like the loading times and numerous times you go to fire your gun and nothing happens to the freezes you might suffer. I would whole-heartedly advise to wait for the many patches that will be released and are being released as I type this, before buying. Maybe even renting it, downloading the patches then playing it, to see if it has been fixed yet is a better option before buying it out right.

After about 100 hours of playing, two attempted and failed play-throughs and one finished play-through, I've regretted taking Boone along for about 20 of those. Mainly as he could shoot off a housefly's testicle hair from a mile away and is unstoppable, thus ruining my fun, partly because he is a snarky tosspot who is slowly making me wants to punch him in the sunglasses! Dude, we get it, you are an emotionless sniper who is out for revenge. Stop letting us knows about that already. I'm also well aware my humour is terrible.

[1] Before anyone quotes me to tell me this, yes, I know Boone goes psycho whenever he sees Legion and Lily has psychotic breaks at times.

tl;dr
:p

I'M KIDDING, SASS!!!

It was a good review, of course. I did notice a couple errors, like " post-apocalyptic Las Vegas (New Vegas) as puts you". That wasn't a great start, but the rest of the review was pretty good.

As for the game, I will be getting to play it after Christmas, and am really looking forward to it. Hope it gets a big patch before then though.

I didn't think you would be able to sell this to me, Sas but after seeing the hockey stick mayhem I officially need this game :P

I'll never understand the bug complaints over this game. I've completed it twice now, with no major issues apart from the odd gyrating radscorpion.

However, class review. 1 Fisto, 2 Mole Rats had me rolling.

@Baby: Don't be fooled its actually just a weird golf club, there is no hockey stick, trust I travelled the wasteland to find it.

OT Dude you know I'm going to post my opinion as we've chatted earlier but I'm at work now so you'll need to let me go home and type it all up first

Marter:
Snip

Thanks for the comment.

And I just noticed that myself. Should've really picked that up, considering how many times I checked the review, plus it was proof-read by others many times. But thanks for the nice comments. :3

As for the game, I think it should be patched heavily by then. The Vault normally keeps up to date with when patches are being released and for what console. Course, if you've got a copy for PC you've already got all the fan-made patches that use 360 and PS3 owners don't have. :(

Baby Eater:
Snippiy

Well, regardless of hockey stick mayhem, you need this anyway. And it might not actually be in the game, I think that screen is a production shot before it was released. But it does look like a hockey stick though. XD

WrongSprite:
I'll never understand the bug complaints over this game. I've completed it twice now, with no major issues apart from the odd gyrating radscorpion.

However, class review. 1 Fisto, 2 Mole Rats had me rolling.

I think the bugs are just depending on how lucky you are with the game, really. I've had a ton of bugs, but three people I've spoken to here have been totally bug free. I was unlucky enough to get a temperamental version. Or maybe it's the 360, who knows?

And thanks for the comment. :3

Lost In The Void:
@Baby: Don't be fooled its actually just a weird golf club, there is no hockey stick, trust I travelled the wasteland to find it.

OT Dude you know I'm going to post my opinion as we've chatted earlier but I'm at work now so you'll need to let me go home and type it all up first

This is a reminder that you have yet to comment on my review.
...Unless you're writing an essay of a response. Which, knowing you, you probably are. XD

A very good review. The moral choices seem very cool, in most games they are too black and white. But I am sad to see that the game is harder... I suck enough in Fallout 3.

Awesome, Sas. Once I finish FO3, I'll pick this up. I didn't think the moral choices in FO3 are all THAT black and white. But I just played Mass Effect 2 where they practically say 'GOOD CHOICE' 'BAD CHOICE' so that must be why. I found your captions to be particularly amusing this time. Keep up the good work, sir!

Excellently done.... I agreed with pretty much all your points too.

Especially regarding Boone... that guy is a miserable, emo douchebag who stole all my kills

Well Sass, this is my first time reading one of your reviews. Overall, I thought it was excellent and don't be surprised if I comment again on another one. I've been debating whether or not to try this game due to the fact that a lot of my friends already have it and are saying that that they enjoy it deeply. However, I was a bit skeptical of Fallout 3 so immediately, my guess about New Vegas was that it was going to be nothing but bad. Pause for a second: People ask me all the time why I didn't like Fallout 3 and it's mainly because I'm a lover of Fable. Now, you may say there's not much of a connection between Fable and Fallout but the similarity I found was in the moral system in Fallout 3. (The same that you pointed out.) Everything was SO black & white. I bought Fallout 3 and had about 3 playthroughs of it and always said to myself before I started, "Now, will I be good or bad" as I always do with Fable. However, I think with this new Faction system, the Fallout may pique my interests. A system that FORCES me to side with a group where I'm not hated or loved by absolutely everyone. So, being that said, I think I will try this new game. Thanks a lot for the review.

My only problem with the great review was the caption for the guy with the hockey stick... Except that its a golf club. That made me laugh uncontrollably for some reason

Enderrr:
Overly drawn out, refused to pore over.

So tl;dr? Like he asked people not to post? Aren't you useful?

Alright so finally I get around to staying sober enough to post this, but anyways here it goes. The review on whole is excellent as always; the captions make me laugh, the review flows from section to section without much incidence and remains informative while also holding the reader's attention long enough to get through the piece.

That said, there are still some trouble areas when it comes to the language you use in this review; there are some awkward sentences such as this one:

They will also sometimes not do anything while under attack and get killed, which is a major problem as well, especially if you're doing their quest at the time.

When you use "sometimes not" it jars with the reader and takes away from the experience; while this may seem like nitpicking, I know that this is what you wanted me to do when I read over your review instead of simpling posting "good job," plus I'm sure you can handle a but of constructive criticism.

While I'm sure you've proofread this review prior to posting it I also advise you send it to a couple of friends too before posting just to double check to avoid some mistakes like "The sound and graphics are not very free of the bugs either."

By allowing other people to read your work beforehand you'll be able to avoid such errors. Just pick someone more reliable than me to read them, I mean you do want to post the review eventually after all.

Always enough with the nitpicking, good review as always, just be careful of the sentence wording and you should be cranking out further masterpieces before long

Anyways its onto my actual opinions regarding the game itself. Personally I do think that its Obsidian's best game to date and one of the better Fallouts as well, and in that respect much better than Fallout 3. While Fallout 3 was good, it doesn't compare storywise and character wise to the ones we experience in this game. Whether its the appearance of Marcus again, or the Black Mountain Radio Station, New Vegas captures the Fallout feeling that Fallout 3 was, though unfortunate, missing throughout the game .
Another thing I loved about this game was the non-scaled levelling. While its nice when it comes to playing through the game without too much trouble; I loved the fact that no matter what level you were until the final few, if you ran upon a Deathclaw nest unprepared, or just at too low of a level, you were going to die. To me, this made you plan out your trips, especially if you were engaged in my favourite part of New Vegas; Hardcore mode.

Hardcore mode as an awesome thing to include and I really had fun on my Hardcore mode playthrough; planning attacks and planning routes that I could handle with my smaller assortment of guns and ammo. While the various metres should have been tweaked slightly, it was something that had potential and still proved to be fun.

So in the long run, I hope the Fallout franchaise takes a note from this game and continues on a fun, though I must admit, hopefully less buggy future.

But now I want to buy it more! D:
*glares at moths that have taken up residence in my wallet*

Ren3004:
A very good review. The moral choices seem very cool, in most games they are too black and white. But I am sad to see that the game is harder... I suck enough in Fallout 3.

Ta muchly. :3

And it's only harder because they've basically added armour to the creatures. It's not too bad once you figure out how to kill them. But you can get swarmed alarmingly quickly.

Swollen Goat:
Awesome, Sas. Once I finish FO3, I'll pick this up. I didn't think the moral choices in FO3 are all THAT black and white. But I just played Mass Effect 2 where they practically say 'GOOD CHOICE' 'BAD CHOICE' so that must be why. I found your captions to be particularly amusing this time. Keep up the good work, sir!

Good idea. It should be patched up by then and in a better condition then my copy still is. And you'll like the moral choices. Admittedly, some are black and white but most of the time, it's hard to pick. And some quests have multiple endings too, just to make sure you're unsure that what you're doing is good.

MiracleOfSound:
Excellently done.... I agreed with pretty much all your points too.

Especially regarding Boone... that guy is a miserable, emo douchebag who stole all my kills

I actually lost Boone. I dismissed him, and he's not at Novac or the Lucky 38. Probably enjoying his wander under the map, I'd guess. XD Ah well, more Veronica and Arcade to enjoy.

Pholark:
SNIP for space

Thanks, always nice to see a new face among the regulars that post on my reviews. :D
And yeah, the Factions really sounds like something you'd enjoy in this. It's also handy that if you wander into a factions territory, if they hate you, they won't just insult you, they'll try to kill you. And of course, it is possible to piss off all factions so they all hate you. XD As for my commenting again on my reviews, I think I'll be seeing you around the next one, which is Fable III.

Lost In The Void:
Big Iron on his Snip

Thanks very much for the input and I can handle constructive criticism well, I think... *Sits in corner crying* XD

And yes, I loved the "Die anywhere, any time" feel it had. It made running away a lot more fun this time around. Especially in Quarry Junction. First time in my Fallout gaming history[1] I've actually approved of hiding on a rock out of reach of anything. Or on a building in the middle of the quarry. And I've only babbled in Hardcore mode for a few hours. I've suddenly discovered I really hate micro-management style gameplay. XD

Jedamethis:

Steal money from your parents, they'll understand! Or beg them on your knees and promise to do housework. ...Maybe clean out your Underbed?

[1] OK, it's only 3 and NV but still.

Swollen Goat:

If i could make a suggestion, you should just switch over to fallout new vegas. Investing so much time into fallout 3 prevented me from enjoying new vegas as much as i really wanted to (and i really did). It just kept feeling stale to me.

just a suggestion though, fo:nv has a better story and development, but fo3 is good too. either way you will have hours of fun

now someone do a report on how the patches worked because thats the deciding factor for me.

Great review, I've got the game myself, I can't wait to get Rex all fixed up :)

EDIT: Woah, you have over 56,ooo posts? That's impressive. You joined almost 20 days after the guy above me, and he only has 1200 posts. How did you manage that???

I'm still not sold on this until they iron out some of the issues as I don't want a repeat of some of the weird crap that Fallout 3 has pulled on me. I saw a couple mistakes, but I see that Void has already pointed them out. Anyways, this was yet another very good review from you with some highly amusing captions. Not to mention informative. I'd always wondered what happened to Chandler after Friends was over....

Ooo, good review, Sass! I'd say this is probably one of your best reviews yet! ^-^
I did notice a few spelling errors here and there, but other than that, it was perfect :3

I'm still pissed at this game though. I played a bit of it and I couldn't even finish the mission I started because the bugs were so horrible, so I just returned the game. Until they re-release it with a good patch, I'm not giving this another chance.

Sassafrass:

Jedamethis:

Steal money from your parents, they'll understand! Or beg them on your knees and promise to do housework. ...Maybe clean out your Underbed?

Naw, it's Christmas soon, and then my birthday in February...I'll be getting some money soon.
I haven't got the heart to kick the moths out though. I've grown rather fond of them over the years...

It is a buggy nightmare. PC has the worst of it. Either way, there was one grammatical error that i noticed in there, but still a well written review.

I do agree with the whole not as black and white as before thing too. Fallout 3 was either good or bad, and while New Vegas still continues with that, there's a few really hard decisions to make where you have to decide on the lesser of two evils. Or, if you're like me, leave those quests unfinished entirely.

EllEzDee:
It is a buggy nightmare. PC has the worst of it.

That's strange, I'm playing it on the PC and I haven't had any terrible bugs. Maybe it depends on your hardware, it could have problems with ATI but not with Nvidia for example. I'm just thankful I was spared, I wouldn't my experience with this beautiful game to be marred like so many others.

Fat_Hippo:

EllEzDee:
It is a buggy nightmare. PC has the worst of it.

That's strange, I'm playing it on the PC and I haven't had any terrible bugs. Maybe it depends on your hardware, it could have problems with ATI but not with Nvidia for example. I'm just thankful I was spared, I wouldn't my experience with this beautiful game to be marred like so many others.

I've noticed that everyone seems to have such varying issues. I've hardly crashed, but things like the scripts the game uses hardly ever work. For example, buying a jar of pistol powder, or a box of ammo, they'll just stay as boxes/jars in my inventory, rather than turning into ammunition(if you get what i mean). You still can't even purchase new cards for your deck because they don't integrate into your deck after purchase, they just sit in your inventory.

Sassafrass:
This review will be based on the unpatched version as my connection is too poor for me to download patches.

Bahahahah

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while

Excellent review, Sass. As an avid fan of Fallout 3, I was like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for FNV. I was bouncing on the sofa in my jammies, constantly whining "Is it here yet?".

Now it is and, the first time I played it, I was somewhat underwhelmed. For some intangible reason, it didn't reach out and grab me by the bollocks like FO3 did. However it soon did and I have to agree that FNV is so similar to and yet so different from FO3.

The ability to forage and create your own food is a massive plus for me because it ups the immersion somewhat, as does the ability to recycle ammo. One of the biggest annoyances for me in FO3 is the way everyone just sits around using up what's left rather than actually getting off their arse and making something new. If the residents of Megaton could drag sheet metal for miles and build a town, why couldn't more people follow their example. It wouldn't kill some folk to at least clear the rubble away from their dwellings and have more of a bash at rebuilding the wastes. Anyway, what I am saying is that it's much more pleasing to be able to whip together a pot of stew or a caravan lunch rather than chow down on 200 year old food that, being American, is probably much healthier after a good dose of rads than when it was "fresh".

The various ways of completing the game as well as the whole faction system also adds much more depth to the game for me. As you say, it makes you watch what you're doing more and really think about the consequences of your actions. I am also boggling at the beauty of the scenery and the sheer size of the game area - it's huge compared to FO3's not exactly small map! I just wish they'd included a map-marker inside The Strip!

As a PC gamer, the bugs are a constant pain in the arse and it often crashes / illegal-operations. Simple things like the barter / crafting menus are all faulty and that really says it all.

The first DLC is already pending and yet I feel they should fix the masses of bugs and glitches first, personally.

Wardy

EllEzDee:
I've noticed that everyone seems to have such varying issues. I've hardly crashed, but things like the scripts the game uses hardly ever work. For example, buying a jar of pistol powder, or a box of ammo, they'll just stay as boxes/jars in my inventory, rather than turning into ammunition(if you get what i mean). You still can't even purchase new cards for your deck because they don't integrate into your deck after purchase, they just sit in your inventory.

With reagard to the jars of powder and other ammo ingredients, you need to combine them at a reloading bench (not to be confused with the workbench) to make ammo.

The Caravan Deck glitch can be overcome by dumping the deck and all extra cards into a container, exiting the menu and then re-opening the container. Choosing "Take All" SHOULD integrate them all together. This was a fix suggested on the Fallout Wiki and it worked for me although I think the game of caravan itself is bugged. No matter what I did, it kept refusing to let me make a move that the rules said should be legal. I stopped bothering to play after a while.

Wardy

Varrdy:

EllEzDee:

With reagard to the jars of powder and other ammo ingredients, you need to combine them at a reloading bench (not to be confused with the workbench) to make ammo.

The Caravan Deck glitch can be overcome by dumping the deck and all extra cards into a container, exiting the menu and then re-opening the container. Choosing "Take All" SHOULD integrate them all together. This was a fix suggested on the Fallout Wiki and it worked for me although I think the game of caravan itself is bugged. No matter what I did, it kept refusing to let me make a move that the rules said should be legal. I stopped bothering to play after a while.

Wardy

I meant the script which turns, say, a jar of powder into actual useable powder. For example, i buy a jar of pistol powder at a shop to make bullets with, however the jar won't turn into powder; it just stays as a jar in my inventory, which can't be used at a reloading bench. To fix it, i have to use the same glitch for with caravan cards.
The problem with the caravan card fix-glitch thing is i have so many cards. If i put all of my cards into a container and then reclaim them, the game will lag for a few seconds and sometimes crash. No console users have had this problem :(

As a huge Fallout 3 fan, when I saw New Vegas for 20 with posters and other freebies, I had to buy.

So far, I think it's fantastic and I am planning to go through it again after I finish it. However, my only problem is that I have installed the game to the hardrive, every 2 hours or so the loading screens take extremely longer than before. Pretty questionable in my opinion.

OT: An enjoyable read, but you really need to improve them internets and get the update.

EllEzDee:

I meant the script which turns, say, a jar of powder into actual useable powder. For example, i buy a jar of pistol powder at a shop to make bullets with, however the jar won't turn into powder; it just stays as a jar in my inventory, which can't be used at a reloading bench. To fix it, i have to use the same glitch for with caravan cards.

Ohhh right! Sorry, I misinterpreted what you were trying to say. It's still a constant arse how such simple things are bugged when they shouldn't be.

Wardy

You won my love at:

Sassafrass:

In addition, always review a product as sold, not before they fix it after release.

I never got the chance to play it unpatched. Got it a day after release so it already had a patch then.

The review read really well, I think this might be the first review I've read by you so you might have won a follower over.

Furthermore, I disliked Boone too. I actually topped him in Caesar's tent once I'd popped Caesar himself for his comment "Thumbs down man Thumbs down!"

Jedamethis:

Naw, it's Christmas soon, and then my birthday in February...I'll be getting some money soon.
I haven't got the heart to kick the moths out though. I've grown rather fond of them over the years...

...But they eat your money when you put it in there!

Varrdy:
BIG SNIP

Hehe, trust me, I was like that to as the day of release got closer. Then it buggered two of my saves on the day I got it...it was a harsh mistress for me. XD

As for the food creation, I dabbled once then forgot about it, really. It just didn't really add to much to the game for me to get a mention here, personally.

LordCuthberton:
SNIPPITY

...I paid 40 for the basic game. Damn you, Christmas sales...you win again.

And I finished my second play-through tonight myself. Still as buggy as it was when I last played it, froze up once and the A.I started shooting at a rock for some reason. Yay... Even worse, it appears to have affected my copy of Oblivion with the load time and crashing issues too. >:(

olikunmissile:
SNIP'D

Yay, more love! XD

And you were lucky, otherwise you'll have been annoyed at saves being eaten. And Boone on my save got lost, he didn't even get a mention at the end. So I'm not sure what that means, as he wasn't KIA'd. Maybe he just died of being too awesomely awesome with a rifle, who knows?

And to everyone that commented, thank you. :3

Sassafrass:

Jedamethis:

...But they eat your money when you put it in there!

DEATH TO ALL MOTHS!

Felt this video was necessary :D

Great review but the bug problem shouldn't be factored in since you never patched your game.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked