Sassavillian Reviews: The X Factor

Sassavillian Reviews: The X-Factor

Legal stuff

Any TL;DR posts shall be reported.
This is a tag team review, written by Sassafrass and VaudevillianVeteran.
Thanks to VaudevillianVeteran for her part in this review.
Thanks to Google for images.
Thanks to Youtube and the users who posted the videos.
If this seems in a different style to my recent reviews, that is because this has been a long time in the making due to other commitments and some horrendously bad luck. Plus, it is a tag team review so it shall of course be slightly different in style.

Well now. The X-Factor. A TV talent show that was formerly known as Pop Idol. A TV show that, like Big Brother, spawned numerous spin offs in several countries over the world and probably has its own version somewhere in space where aliens try to appease an alien egomaniac with his waistband around his nipples. Oh, OK, I will turn down my hatred for Cowell for this review. Otherwise, I'd just be like Yahtzee and god forbid anyone would want another him around.[1]

This is what I think of the X-Factor. Oh, alright, I will give it a fair chance.

Let us start this review of with the format of the show, how they pick the contestants and weed out the poorer ones, etc etc. It is actually a simple and entertaining format, if a little cringe worthy and annoying due to the MASSIVE, and I shall reiterate that point again, MASSIVE amount of ego-tripping the judges and even some of the contestants seem to do. The show and judges travel from city to city, auditioning people who have little to no talent at ALL! turn up and believe they can be the next big thing. The producers of the show then pick the ones they deem good enough to stand in front of the judges. They then go into a small room with the four judges, or as of 2009, go onto a stage in front of 2000 people and the judges and sing their hearts out, hoping against hope they shall be liked by at least three of the four judges, who will either say yes or no. 3 'Yes' votes gets them onto the next round, which is Boot Camp.

The Boot Camp. Which either takes place in a hotel or a small studio, away from the nasty shouting people dressed in army fatigues. Which would make for a better show but this is nay the time or place for that sort of inane rubbish. It is here, in the confines of a building of which no one actually knows about, the people that have been picked for Boot Camp sing to a judge and at times, a special guest from the world of music to judge them and give those tips on their performance. After they have done this, they then move it to the judges houses where they cut down the number of contestants to 12 from a number that is higher then twelve but less then 24 but around an even number. I think. It may have changed since I last watched this.

*Sighs* If only they did that to the axed contestants faces...

After this stage, we move on to the live shows! Which are cr-! HUZZAH!!! Now, the live shows serve the purpose of letting you. Yes you. *Points at the smuck reading this dear reader* vote off the person they don't like. And before I forget to mention, each of the four judges, who shall be named later on in the review, have taken control of a certain group of people. This tends to be done on age difference, gender and whether or not they are in groups or not. However, enough of the trivial and boring stuff. These shows tend to be done every Saturday night and run for two hours. Here, the lucky contestants sing in front of the judges, who are now only there for criticism purposes, the live studio audience and about 15 million people in the UK who watches and then phone a number which puts money straight in Cowell's wallet to vote for their favourite act and the person they'd like to save from a bleak, dull and otherwise normal existence.

By normal, I mean weird. And by weird, I mean somewhat strange. And by strange, I tell you to leg it.

Overall, this part of the show, the auditions through to the live shows do at times, make good comedy TV. For example, watching the auditions can make you almost wet yourself laughing at the person trying to sing Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and actually making it sound like they are drowning a hippo before the anger kicks in, making you realise they have murdered a classic song and must, therefore, now be shot in the face and put in an unmarked grave. Therefore, what I am saying is, it can be funny to watch 'til someone murders a song you like. In addition, the two-hour live shows are not really needed to be that long. An hour would have been enough, I think. To sum up better, watching the show is OK 'til the murdering of songs begins and the boring monotony of the live shows hits.

Now onto the review of the judges section, which VaudevillianVeteran shall present. Who isn't being paid for this. Because I am cheap and like to exploit people like this.

Hello Ladies and Gents, VaudevillianVeteran hired by Sassafrass here to give the brief overview on the judges for no money because Sas is cheap as hell and he's chained me to a radiator and forced me to type this out of the goodness of my heart and in debt to my reviewing partner.
Now, failed banter aside, throughout the 6 years of the show, there have been five judges, these being; Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh, Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue.

So...Are you bowing yet?

Now, Sharon will not be getting much note in this review as she left the show the 2008 and was replaced by Cheryl. But seeing as I dare not risk that the crazy woman is somehow reading this and is getting excrement ready to be sent to me via post, she deserves a valid note.
Hey, it says an official badass-I ain't taking my chances.

Sharon's role as a judge was mainly to mollycoddle the most delusional and doe-eyed little contestants and gently nudge them out of the door while we repaired our ear-drums and/or windows from the shrieking performance they just gave...or just put the iron hammer of justice down on the crazies who wanted to throw water at the other two judges while shrieking that they're a star in the making. Looking at her husband, she has had practise with both. However, Osbourne left a few days before filming season five without leaving an comment as to why "If I have to spend another season with those two imbeciles I'll choke a bitch!". However, she returned this year to be a guest judge.

Anyway, within 4 days of this sudden and unexplainable leave from the fourth judge, Cheryl Cole, singer from popular girl group, Girls Aloud, and now ex-wife to Ashley Cole, a professional footballer, took over. She did not exactly take over her predecessor's role as the tough but caring side to the judges. Aside from being the eye-candy of the group and having what seems to be weekly fashion wars with her fellow female judge (Perhaps Simon too but no he always has that smug look on his face so...no further comment), Cheryl makes no real impact on her judging style aside from "Wow..." said either sincerely or ironically. However, to her credit, she is often kind to the biggest delusive weirdo to step into the auditions and often attempts to pull Simon off his pedestal. ...Attempts is the key word here, but at least she tries. She is seemingly easily to move to tears too, often crying during the auditions or even the live shows. Cheryl probably has the most active fanbase because of her career outside of the show and is probably one of the most liked of the four.

Louis Walsh however can be either put as top of the most liked list or the very bottom. And trust me, some people hate this guy.

This is the effect that Walsh has on people sometimes.

Having been on The X Factor since the very beginning as one of the original three judges, he has seen more oddities and brought more ungodly music to the public eye than you have probably had hot dinners. Even before the show, he was a manager to boybands such as Take That and Boyzone - That's right, he was built for this show. His judging style is both blunt and he knows what he likes, but he seems to say 'yes' to groups just to piss Simon off at times. Oh the hilarity! Although this would earn him points but his unholy alliance to Jedward has pushed him too deep into the depths of hell and cannot be salvaged. During the live shows, he has a tendency to select similar songs for his mentees which does not show off their voices and (If any) skills. A good example of this would be Mary Byrne during this season who was the Irish answer to Susan Boyle. A great voice and a lot of talent. However stunted to only perform slow, soulful songs sometimes not fitting with the weekly genre and not able to keep up with the younger and more energetic competition. Suffice to say, only one of his mentees has won under his wing, which was Shane Ward in the second season.

A fourth judge was also brought in during 2007: Australian singer, actress and Australia's Got Talent judge Dannii Minogue. Cowell hired Minogue after viewing tapes of her judging on Australia's Got Talent, and because of her 30 years experience as a singer and performer. Surprisingly, she has been called out multiple times, questioning her judging and mentoring credibility.

Haters gonna hate.

Again, there is not much to be said about Dannii's style of judging. She does not really stand out much, more than being another vote and someone to be Cheryl's competition. There is little more to say about Dannii.

And finally, who can forget the one thing synonymous with this show? Ant & Dec? Louis' Bow ties? Singing so bad that you have an aneurysm? No! Simon Cowell!
Yes, Sir High-Trousers himself has been there since the beginning and he's not just synonymous with this show, but every talent show you can think of! Using his own production company, he created The X Factor and started what has been 'actively damaging and distorting the UK music industry from day one'...Apparently. So, what is he known for? Having trousers up to his tits? Having teeth so bleached you could clean your bathroom with them? Being so blunt that he can make the manliest star-searcher crumble? All of these things. I mean, what makes a man like him so popular that he is revered as a 21st century messiah?[2] His judging style is both good and bad. Good that he finally tells tone deaf morons that they can't sing and shouldn't even attempt but bad that he goes on a tirade against any down on their luck commoner trying to get stars in their eyes. It was entertaining first, but after 7 seasons of him picking on the negatives like a vulture picking at the meat of some animal lost in the desert, believe it or not, it gets old.

Pictured: The face that will haunt your dreams for weeks.

None the less, the man has more ego than you can imagine. I think the term power mad is coming close to- Wait. What's this? He is not coming back for the next season of X Factor? Nah, he's going off to work on Pop Idol but he'll be coming back to work on the other train wreck, 'Britain's Got Talent'. Joy(!)

So, what kind of people turn up to be contestants on the X Factor? ...A question I do not think you want answered really. Mainly as it would make you feel sorry for the judges sometimes and we can't have that!
But as the show moves all over, the UK we meet a whole menagerie of characters desperate to show the world what they have and that they have star potential. ...Or not. Most likely not.

And some look like the love child between Jack Sparrow and a crack donkey.

Pictured is Ariel Burdett, an auditoner from the 2008 show. Her singing was average but... she was...terrifying. Simply type in 'X Factor's worst auditions' into Youtube and you will see her audition in all it is glory. In fact, you will see many auditions in their glory. If we are honest, we do not really want to see people who can sing, we want to see the crazies. The 80-something old Granny trying to sing 'Fuck Da Police' or the officer worker in drag singing to 'I Want To Be Free'. Of course, some performances are awe inspiring, moving, touching, whatever you want to call it, but when I do manage to sit down and stomach this show, the best part is the auditions with the nutjobs.
Although Ariel is from a few years ago, it is not just the older auditions that will make your ears bleed. This is an audition from 2010 and during the first show.

Seriously. Look at the audience's reactions.

This is Jahm. With a 'h' to emphasise the Jahm. Yeah, I don't get it either. Anyway, this was a group who met online, auditioned together via the phone and Skype and well...it shows. Surely if you're going Public TV with all your friends and family watching, you would at least have a practise in the dressing room so you can go down with a bit of grace.

But I can't focus on only the negatives, for every 10 basketcase that turns up, there is at least 1 talented singer who wants a start in a showbiz career, The poor fool sometimes even without a sob story! For example, we have had great acts this year such as Rebecca Furgeson and Katie Waissel and the years before there have been more than a few success stories.

The 2010 show was fairly entertaining this year, had a lot of colourful and...interesting characters...(Wagner, I'm talking about you, you sexy bastard!) and the British tabloids had a field day.[3] But all in all, it culminated in a sing-off between Matt Cardle and Rebecca Ferguson. Every British teen girl's vote- One Direction snagged third place. But it seemed that Dannii had used her witchcraft or something and Matt Cardle stole the first place spot ruining Cheryl's 3 year winning streak with Rebecca. Matt focused mainly on acoustic singing while Ferguson could be compared to Aretha Franklin. This year, it was a close call, both were...actually very talented and deserved to win. So! Let us raise a glass! Enjoy your 15 minutes in the spotlight and best wishes for the future Mr. Cardle!

Mr. Matt Cardle, who won this years show. Bravo, sir, bravo!

Ah, thank you, VaudevillianVeteran for that riveting read. Now, shall we move onto the contestants? Yes, I think we should, before Vaudevillian uncuffs herself from the radiator and goes to the police. ends up doing the whole review for me.

To make a good reality show, you need good reality contestants. And they need to be either talented, crazy or just plain untalented and have delusions of their 'talent'. Happily, for the viewing public, you can mute these people most of these people do provide a laughable experience, along with cringe worthy and an expression I like to call 'Oh my God, who raped my ears?' Now, while there are many examples of the people that can rape your ears with their music, none of them have ever really caught on and have generally been forgotten. None of them, with the exception of Jedward.

Now, Jedward are something of a mystical force. They are popular, richish, good-looking chaps from Ireland and have the weirdest hairstyles known to man. Think 'There's Something About Mary', Cameron Diaz and you should know what I am talking about. However, while they have all this going for them, they are widely hated amongst pretty much all of the UK and Ireland, the only exception being my mother. Who is, to be blunt, mad. The reason for the worldwide hatred is thusly. They cannot sing at all! And the songs they have sung and that I have actually had the displeasure to listen to have been terrible and an insult upon one of the greatest bands in the world, Queen.

Just listen to the first minute or it will kill you. Actually, just listen to the first 30 seconds.

Now. If you are still alive and not forming a hate mob at my door, you will see why they are hated. They have no talent. At all. My little finger has more talent and I can say that with supreme confidence that I cannot be proven right or indeed, wrong. But honestly, who thought that song would be a good idea? Jedward? Cowell? Satan himself? Who knows, all we know is they are terrible, talent less and the most hated musicians in history. Except after any rap artist. However, there is the rare time, and I mean extremely rare, like a one in 855,451,787 chance kind of rare, the X-Factor produces gold. And the only gold from the X-Factor so far, for me, is Leona Lewis.

Now, with Leona Lewis, we find someone who, whilst not being everyone idea of good music, is someone I find a good singer with a great voice. Admittedly, yes, I don't actively seek out her music but I would listen to it if it came on the TV, Radio or indeed the game I was playing [4] at the time. One of the few success stories, well, actually one of the only real success stories of the X-Factor, aside from Alexandra Burke, Leona Lewis an example of what happens when you actually have talent. A worldwide success who hasn't let the fame go to her head, someone with a singing voice that doesn't sound like a flock of chickens clucking through a vuvuzela and someone who has some sort of talent.

So, with all that in mind, would we recommend the X-Factor to you as something to watch? Well, yes and no. It can be at times, the funniest show on TV, what with all the deluded wannabes, judge spats and endless scope for laughing at Cowell for having high trousers. It also helps that some shows showcase some genuine talent too, leaving you in awe that someone could sing like that. But at other times, it can be torturous viewing. The judges spats can get irritating after a while if they drag on, the egos would make a few self-confessed egomaniacs egos look small and tiny, plus there is around a 99% chance of your ears being heavily offended by the tripe you could hear. Really, to enjoy this show, you have to catch it during one of its mad moments which happen not often enough for my liking, You'd be better off watching some other show on another channel. Try Dave, they tend to put good shows on. And won't make your ears bleed from horrible singing.

[1] Sassafrass would like to make it clear he enjoys Yahtzee's 'reviews', they are very good but he doesn't want to follow that stereotype of being a Yahtzee copier.
[4] Yes, 'My Hands' does go well with FF XIII

Congrats on finishing this! I enjoyed reading both of your parts.
Unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on what you think, I couldn't see that last video because of geography. XD
So, uh...well done you two!
*claps*

That was an extremely funny review, my friends! I've never the the 'original' X-Factor, but we have the bastardized version in the US 'American Idol'. I'm not a fan of the show, except for the first one or two episodes of the season where we get to see the psychopaths grunt and screech into the mike. Anyhoo, thanks for a very entertaining read!

Also, I would have went with Vaudefrass myself. <_<

Yours advertising campaign in the group made me read this I imagined the tone of the advert like that of a pirate :P But not a bad review. Best part by far was the bit about "By normal, I mean weird. And by weird, I mean somewhat strange. And by strange, I tell you to leg it."

Well that was fun to read! I think crossover reviews are one of the best things on this site.
Release Vaude soon, OK?

I've half avoided X-Factor for my whole life, mainly because of the effect it has on people the day afterwards, but I admit some of the failures are absolutely hilarious.

On your links:

Jahm: Wow. Really, wow.
Rabbit: That rabbit is now mine. As in, it's now saved for future tactical use :D
Simon Cowell is Jesus: Again, wow. I don't know if I should play the 'lololol religion' card here or not...

Oh yeah, and there's this bit in Firefly where Mal calls that evil nameless bitchy character 'YoSaffBridge', because of all of the names she's taken on throughout the series. The first line reminded me of that. I just thought you ought to know.

VaudevillianVeteran:

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard at something on Youtube.

VaudevillianVeteran:

Pictured: The face that will haunt your dreams for weeks.

0_O

Why, damn it. WHY. I did not want to see such a rapeface at this time of the morning afternoon! Gahh so much for my sleep >.<

Anyway, OT: Great review. I usually only watch X Factor for the first few shows purely for the crap auditions, they're usually good for a laugh. Nonetheless this was incredibly comprehensive and wasn't just a page full of hate for the programme. Good stuff (Y)

Swollen Goat:

Seconded.

OT:Hehe, crack donkey. XD

Well, it took you forever and it shows. By that I mean it seems really polished out and genuinely funny. Kinda like the news team that cracks jokes except you don't hate eachother and Sas doesn't have a comb-over. :P

Great review mates!

Baby Eater:

Well, it took you forever and it shows. By that I mean it seems really polished out and genuinely funny. Kinda like the news team that cracks jokes except you don't hate eachother and Sas doesn't have a comb-over. :P

...How do you know I don't have a comb-over? >>
You haven't seen an updated pic of me in months. XD

Anyway, thanks, we shall try to make any future reviews appear on time. ...Hopefully. XD

Tharwen:
Well that was fun to read! I think crossover reviews are one of the best things on this site.
Release Vaude soon, OK?

Sadly though, not many people do them. :(
Maybe I will, maybe I won't. ...*Is beaten by a radiator*

I've half avoided X-Factor for my whole life, mainly because of the effect it has on people the day afterwards, but I admit some of the failures are absolutely hilarious.

The failures are hilarious, yes. It's like Britain's Got Talent, only a lot funnier and ear-raping. o0

Neonbob:
Unfortunately...or fortunately, depending on what you think, I couldn't see that last video because of geography. XD
*claps*

Well, if you want to hear the sheer HORROR of the last video, go to Youtube and search "Jedward - Under Pressure" and it should point you in the right direction. Me and Vee don't take any blame for any brain leakage, though. XD

Swollen Goat:
That was an extremely funny review, my friends! I've never the the 'original' X-Factor, but we have the bastardized version in the US 'American Idol'. I'm not a fan of the show, except for the first one or two episodes of the season where we get to see the psychopaths grunt and screech into the mike. Anyhoo, thanks for a very entertaining read!

Heh, you'll be getting a lot more of Mr. Cowell next year, seeing as he's giving this show up to focus on your show. HE'S YOUR PROBLEM NOW! XD And no problem, it's what we do.

And I'll take that under advisement and discuss that when I can be bothered. XD

Sassafrass:

Neonbob:
*claps*

Well, if you want to hear the sheer HORROR of the last video, go to Youtube and search "Jedward - Under Pressure" and it should point you in the right direction. Me and Vee don't take any blame for any brain leakage, though. XD

Y'know, for once, I'm going to ignore my morbid curiosity. I think I'll have to pass on that XD

Alright so I started writing this because, one I wanted to and second you asked me to. However about halfway in I realized that this wouldn't work as one block of text. This was because I felt that without taking a look at both authors' work prior to looking at the work as a whole failed to address many of the positive and negative traits that needed to be examined. Basically it instead comes down to three parts, all of which are close to the same size, hopefully that dispels the rumours that I'm taking bribes from either of you XD...anyways enjoy

Sassafras's Critique

Alright I'm going to get this out of the way right away; this isn't your best work. This isn't to say that it isn't an excellent review regardless but if it has been in making as long as you say it has then it speaks testaments to the evolution of your writing as it stands. Take that as a compliments because that's what I'm intending to say it as.

With that as an introduction I begin my critique of your section of this review. Grammatically it seems sound which is great, but the sentences do lack a certain feel that takes the review to more of a rant rather than informative, especially in the beginning pertaining to your hatred of a Mr. Cowell. I do believe that this information, while being a good attempt at lightening the mood before the review, it doesn't do the job and instead almost annoys the reader before it even gets started.

Unfortunately the rough sentence structure continues through your section of the review, but it is most prominent in the transitions between paragraphs. "Let us start this review of with the format of the show, how they pick the contestants and weed out the poorer ones, etc etc," is a rough start to a paragraph with its potential run on and use of a more informal tone; while this would work find if the language chose a side, this half and half between serious and informal damages the sentences and makes it harder for the reader to crawl through.

The final bit of negative critique on your section of the review is something I noticed in the fourth paragraph. This is more of a nitpick than anything but the use of three crossed out phrases as humour comes off as stretched, especially in a small paragraph such as the one it is featured in. While the pieces were funny in small doses, which means that you don't need to stop doing them, they need to be farther and fewer in paragraphs, that way this comes off as more of a serious piece with a lighter undertone, which is what your reviews are best at doing.

Finally I like to save the best for last so my final thoughts on your piece will be pure happiness and other stuff I liked about your review. Yes that poor language choice was done ironically, stop mocking me Sass you know you're funnier than me. In short the humour was well done when it wasn't overdone, the general premise of your writing was still clear enough for me to enjoy and the topic was interesting enough to keep me reading through the duration of the piece, which is impressive considering the size of the piece. Basically I liked the review but I know you can do better hence why I devoted the last 500 words to making the most detailed critique I've done in a long time. I truly look forward to your next review and hope that this critique helps you improve and doesn't make you track me down to my igloo in Northern Alberta.

Vaudess's Critique

Having not read any of your previous works prior to this critique, I was forced to approach your writing from a fresh angle and I have to say that this made your critique much more difficult than Sass's, who I have the pleasure of multiple previous works, you I have only read some small input on another one of his reviews. Basically, start making reviews damnit I need something to compare to.

Looking at your writing, I can see a very distinct style that draws attention to details. This is great to see both in fiction and formal writings such as this review. A large part of your section, if not all of it, was directed towards describing the judges and contestants and due to the detailed nature of your writings; this seems like a great place for you to be. However there is a problem with you overdoing such details in a few areas of the review. The primary culprit of this problem is the "Mr. High Trousers," paragraph, while starting a little funny, only proved to carry on too long and spoil the humour of it. Commend you otherwise for the details though, they gave me a better idea of the judges all around, but in the future, curb the excessive details that only serve as padding and instead bring it towards the individual, more vivid details, this is likely a better use of your talent overall.

As a final note there are a few instances where the paragraphing goes off, I can't tell if it's supposed to be a new paragraph and is missing the space, or an editing error. Though small it does take away from the structure of the review and takes away from the experience of the reader. This can be fixed one of two ways. The first is giving it to an editor, preferably in the format you're going to post it on the site so that he/she can test it on the site before returning it. The second is simply using the preview button itself, however as is the case with anyone reading their own piece, things are more likely to slip through, no matter whom you are.

So in closing these, much like the critique presented to Sass, is merely nitpicks in what proved to be a good read and an interesting insight into British television, especially for a yokel Canadian such as myself. Basically all I'm advising here is to find a close friend, preferably one that has taken an advanced English course in Highschool or University as they are more likely to directly read into the format and structure of the review rather than skimming through to get the basic idea of the information presented. Hope to see more of your work, I like what I see and want to read more.

Review's Critique

While one can look at both authors in a joint review, it is also important to look at the review as a whole piece rather than the sum of two different parts. That is what I'm going to do in this final piece to you; we're going to look at how the review flowed on whole and how it can be improved.

The review combines into a great flowing piece and the witty banter between the two of you only serves to prove that. What I take greatest offence to in this piece isn't the writing itself, save for the comments given in your individual critiques and rather how the review is formatted. Personally this format, while great in the basics of reviewing, falls short of the quality this review is trying to portray. This saddens me as this is literally the greatest flaw of the entire review. In the future, I would look back to Sass's latest review New Vegas and observe the image structure presented in that piece. It is that format I would love to see in this review as it just plain looks better. For added professional look, insert the videos into spoilers, hinting at preview to what they contain. Fortunately the spoiler boxes still serve to break up the text without coming off as cheesy and still allow the use of videos in the review.

So finally it is over, my grand critique of this grand review. I hope it didn't make you cry Sass and force Vaude to embark on a quest for my head; I don't need to deal with that right now. Anyways congrats on an excellent joint review, I truly had fun reading it on whole and had an even better time taking it apart and examining for your entertainment. I hope that this piece allowed you to see how you two can improve your writing in a review environment and go farther to kick my reviews' collective asses out the door instead replacing them with excellent pieces of writing. It has been an honour and an excellent time so if you need me I'll be eating pancakes and playing hockey...because that's what I do.

You know... I think I've never laughed so much while reading a review. Because it was fun, not because I was mocking it.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, SAS?! ARE YOU?!
I'll get you, V- Ooooooh, the Simpsons are on!

Lost In The Void:
BIG SNIP

Well, it was about 11 months ago me and Vee decided to do this and since then, other commitments on both our sides forced us to put this on the back-burner for a while, so we could get the important things out of the way, along with some horrible luck with Vee's half of the review, involving corrupted files and a broken memory stick. Not really an excuse but...yeah. :P But compliment has been taken. XD

Anyway, as I'm short of time and attention span at the moment (Dragon Age is a wonderful game for distracting me. XD), I'll just say I have read all of your points, had a good cry. XD taken note of all your points and will certainly remember them for the next tag-team review we do.

But I will admit, I did intend this review to be a full-blown rant when I started writing it and when I did start writing it, it was a normal, single reviewer...review. And as you may (Or may not) know, I sort of hate Simon Cowell and everything he does. I was going to write something like this, but then someone put the idea of making it a tag-team review into my head, so I asked Vee as we had done a tag team review before, she said yes and away this long endeavour went. I just forgot to change the ranty intro, which is a mistake on my part considering I proof-read this about 10 times and I didn't want to faff around, trying to change the format as, and this is down to my own unique brand of laziness, I couldn't be arsed. Plus I thought this would be OK. :P So yeah, format blame stops with me.

And as for the overall review critique[1] I shall take note of the video in spoilers note as well, it would make it look a little neater, this is true. And as mentioned, I'll work the image structure I have in place for myself into any dual reviews you see in future. And Vee has read your critique and taken it on board as well. :3

I'm glad for the critique as always, it's helpful and can only help us improve on our writing so it is always welcome, especially from you. And I'm glad you enjoyed reading it, that's what we aimed for, to entertain and inform the people that read this. :3

[1] For some reason the spoilers didn't work so I had to snip it. :P

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked