Removed

I have removed my words from this site.

As always, the review is well written, but I must ask;

Are those my screenshots you're using?

Hm, did you mention that Haven 2 isn't done yet? Skimmed through the review again and didn't see any notion to that. I could of missed it, but you may want to put that in as a little bone for me. :P

Anyway, I'm rewriting, updating the graphical polish (adding graphics), and some sounds to the next update (with new content). This reviews and NewClassic's got my up to doing that so hopefully the update makes the game better for both.

Thanks for the review, my balls hurt, got any ice? :D

Cleril:
Hm, did you mention that Haven 2 isn't done yet? Skimmed through the review again and didn't see any notion to that. I could of missed it, but you may want to put that in as a little bone for me. :P

Number 1: Don't expect favors from reviewers and critics, that's why generic FPS games always dominate the market.
Number 2: If it isn't finished yet, add beta to the title, that way people can tell.

Racecarlock:

Cleril:

Number 1: Don't expect favors from reviewers and critics, that's why generic FPS games always dominate the market.
Number 2: If it isn't finished yet, add beta to the title, that way people can tell.

Oh, I know joe as a fellow gamer, not just a review. Tis why I expected it but you are correct regardless.

Eh, you really can't download it here anyway as joe didn't put up the link to do so. I'm not re-uploading for that though, most anyone who plays it gets it from me by me so they know it's not a finished game.

Oh, the little bone thing was a joke. ;)

Good review. Harsh, but not unjustly so. Criticism is always hard to do (and by that I mean I'm not terribly good at it myself, and therefore judge it hard, because the world revolves around me, clearly :P) but I really felt that this pulled it off very well. Points where well backed, and the conclusion really just topped it off with a bang.

Hm, I haven't kept up with any of Cleril's stuff, but then again I haven't really kept up with anything as of late.

Pimppeter2:
Good review. Harsh, but not unjustly so. Criticism is always hard to do (and by that I mean I'm not terribly good at it myself, and therefore judge it hard, because the world revolves around me, clearly :P) but I really felt that this pulled it off very well. Points where well backed, and the conclusion really just topped it off with a bang.

Hm, I haven't kept up with any of Cleril's stuff, but then again I haven't really kept up with anything as of late.

You make it sound like a party in your mouth.

Can I come in?

Well, currently I'm rewriting, graphically updating, and adding new sound to Haven 2.

I don't like that two reviews said to skip it, time to fix that issue, hopefully. How joe talked about the illusion of choice? I looked at a conversation with The Jester, Cleril never even says a word. Now? There's 8 total dialogue options to explore through multiple playthroughs, 4 outcomes total.

Take that illusion of choice!

Graphically?

The papers have differing text (lines from my own poems, variety of poems shoved into one) that fades in and out of the paper, you can walk on them, and it can be used to show some of the story, instead of telling (Writer's block, the papers will be blank).

I'd hope to revamp Haven 2 up a step and get more than 1 review giving praise....

joethekoeller:
Part of the reason this review turned out as harsh as it did was a change of paradigm on my part. You'll remember that I criticized Cleril's initial three games a bit, but on the whole concluded that since they're free you should knock yourself out anyway (No harm no foul right?). That's because I was thinking of him as my friend who happened to develop games. Now I see him as the struggling upstart game developer who happens to be my friend (In the loose, internet sense of the word).

Congratulations Cleril. You're a big boy now. You decide if that's a good thing, the only change is that I'll now punch you as hard as I can where the sun don't shine on the slightest occasion.

Oh, so I leveled up? Sweet.

It's a good thing, you're getting me to make better games, note the above post. I'm only essentially revamping 95% of Haven 2 because of Nuke's review and yours.

Oh, we're just friends? That's not what my zipper says.

Oh, any comments on the above post? I know you're not playing the updates yet but how does that sound to combat the criticism?

The mapping really could be better in your games, you should check out the screenshot thread on the RPG Maker forums for some inspiration.

Liberaliter:
The mapping really could be better in your games, you should check out the screenshot thread on the RPG Maker forums for some inspiration.

Duly noted, will see what I can do.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked