I hated Battle Field 3.

Okay, I will merit and take in the fact it was a pretty high-production game and that it was trying to be (A little bit too) realistic. And that there were a lot of good sides to this game, but I'm here to kick it and stamp on it, until I'm happy that I borrowed the game not bought it.

OKAY, SO...

To start off, I'm going to talk about the guns. The first thing I noticed was recoil and, unlike CoD, I couldn't just spray my way through enemies like I could if the P90 existed. OH-NO BUT WAIT! I COULD DO THAT! It seemed that every gun that wasn't Russian had some kind of mad, over-powered recoil that actually didn't make much sense. It was like the game developers thought "To make it harder, we'll give the player absolutely shit guns but give the enemies guns that are filled with 100% GOD-ENERGY. Basically making the enemies impossible to hide from or dodge.
It also annoyed me that they all attacked you AND ONLY YOU. Your team were invincibility! No wonder nobody wanted to shoot them!

So yes, that's basically something I hated... The CPU hated you and were rather good buddies with your team (that I only remember them killing one or two enemies). Though, several lines up, I did mention the guns. If you weren't a big fan of 'recoil' you could change your gun to single, burst or spray. I would've took these into consideration, if I hadn't just picked up two Russian guns and just sprayed my enemies down.

Speaking of which: why did it keep asking me to do all these things?! "Give me a boost" every five minutes! And if that wasn't just as annoying, what the fuck was up with the knife!?
It's like a weapon you'd only use if you were behind an enemy and afraid to alert the other twenty enemies that were shooting at you anyway. And I swear 'Blackburn' (I think was his name?) must've had really bad odder or really loud breathing because sneaking up on anybody was impossible.
Though, going back to the start of this paragraph, what was the point in having the knife if enemies could just Neo-block you and turn the knife back on yourself? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of having a knife? For close combat? And why does being hit on the head by a gun kill you when being near-killed by an RPG just makes you see in monochrome?

I had almost forgot! Snipers! Now, I was told that I would hate them... BUT, I have no reason to hate them. I thought they were rather alright. The only problem was my lack of interest in them. I think I used one once but that was only because I 'wasn't aloud to be loud'. I also shot that truck a few times, on that mission, and it didn't give a fuck. I'm sorry but this is a terrible game! I hate you, BF3! Everything about you just sucked-dick!

Speaking of which, the game wouldn't make up it's bloody mind of what can be broken and what can't! Just so you know, BF3, I didn't like being shot through a door on that one mission! I had to go back to the end of the hall... And I was still reloading when it saved the Check Point! ARGH!

I think I only played it all the way through just so I knew the end... Which was rather shit anyway...

RANT OVER! I just really hated the game... And before you get me wrong, I don't like CoD (unless it's Treyarch).

(And if anyone says anything about the multiplayer... Why do I need a battle code?.. I thought this game was suppose to be good?)

RANT OFFICIALLY OVER.

It's been done and it's been done better.

Urgh.

It's bad enough we get hundreds of these "This game sucks" threads when the game in question is new.
EDIT - Apologies. It escaped my notice that this is in the review section. Though calling it a review is a bit of a stretch.

If it wasn't for your small post count I would've found this far more confusing.
At the moment, the only confusing thing is that you prefer the Treyarch CoDs...
I personally find them worse but for a reason I can never quite put my finger on.

I get it, you're new here so you think criticising a popular game affects our feelings in some way since we're members of a gaming website. Far from the truth.
...You have to critcise Half Life 2 to do that, and even then you've been beaten to the punch a million times.

it seems like you're bitching for no reason. didnt like the game? too bad, there are people that do, and there's nothing you can do about it. there's no point in complaining, as it achieves nothing in the end, so i guess you should keep it to yourself. this is pretty much most peoples response to these "this game sucks" threads.

after reading this i got a pretty good clue that you were then one who was terrible in bf3.

Guns have recoil? well yeah you cant go rambo in battlefield bursting and tapping your shots is all you need, even aiming down as you shoot helps a lot

Singleplayer was bad? i might go with you on that one but anybody who played bf before wasnt in for the story, the all out war multiplayer is how BF became popular

BF3 is not bad it just doesnt suit you because you didnt research enough to know how bf3 was before you bought it

Well, battlefield's never really been about the single pla-

Draxz:

(And if anyone says anything about the multiplayer... Why do I need a battle code?.. I thought this game was suppose to be good?)

...Okay. To be honest it does perplex me as to who suggested playing battlefield 3 in single player, but you didn't want to pay extra for the privilige of the multiplayer, I can understand that.

The single player is pretty bad. Aside from being plain dull, it was often infuriating. This is a game made to do large scale multiplayer doing the exact opposite, with little effort made to make it more suitable for single player. Enemies are too powerful and too numerous, and in some places there appears to be a severe lack of cover. Honestly, I'm not sure how long it's been since I actually even took the single player disc out of the box.

First of all, the campaign was not the main selling point of this game. BF2 was meant to be the true successor to Battlefield 2, a game with no story that did just fine. BC1 and 2 may have been story focused, but BF3 is not part of that series. But for what its worth, It wasn't difficult at all/
Yes, there were some frustrating parts such as the part with the mortars in the tehran level or the part where you climb out of the tank, but otherwise its fair. Maybe you just suck at shooters, because the m16 and m4 are both more accurate than ak74s in that game. In fact, the m16 had almost no recoil and is basically a laser pointer of death. Also, on the knife, this isn't some special knife's only lobby on cod, last I checked in warfare, knives are a last resort, you shouldn't have to use it unless your trying to be stealthy or have no rifle. Did you expect some commando pro lunging around?

All these points are moot when faced with the fact that BF3 WAS NOT AND WAS NOT ADVERTISED AS A STORY FOCUSED GAME. They focused on multiplayer, which is their strong suit. 64 players, amazing graphics, epic vehicle warfare, destructible environments and enough content to last you months: That's not something any other game can offer. But considering you borrowed it, you played a console version and thought you couldn't play online. well actually, they give you a free 2 day online pass??? who would have known. Even though the console online is a bit gimped compared to PC, it still offers amazing experiences that can't be had on any other shooter.

lastly, don't get your panties in a knot. Its a game, one that you didn't even pay for. Didn't like it? Well know one cares for your rant, especially considering it was a game that the majority of people liked.

^^^^ You two need to duke it out for the rights to that avatar. It's far too confusing.

Palademon:
I get it, you're new here so you think criticising a popular game affects our feelings in some way since we're members of a gaming website. Far from the truth.
...You have to critcise Half Life 2 to do that, and even then you've been beaten to the punch a million times.

Negative, I just wanted to see the response I'd get. I'm not too interested in 'numbers' more in the people on here.

And no, I'm not making this up.

I see the issue here, and it's one I'm generally loathe to bring up, but it's surely the only case here.

You hate it because you're bad at it.

Palademon:

I personally find them worse but for a reason I can never quite put my finger on.

Oh I can name many reasons.

-The Stupid Idea of "Random Spawning": Essentially it's possible to spawn right in the line of fire of someone. I find that the majority of kills in the game is just because I spawned right behind an enemy who was busy looking for someone else and managed to kill him, or he did the same to me and vice versa.

-It's not skill based: I wouldn't call COD a skill based game, it's a SIGHT based game. The fact is this, if you see the other guy first, they're dead. They're dead no matter what. Almost every person dies in about two or three hits at most, so really it's just a question of whether you see the person first. This sort of ties in to the random spawning thing in that the crappy spawn system usually leads to you dying on SEVERAL occasions. With enemies spawning in buildings or hiding spots all around you.

-The only way to succeed is to camp: In some games, TF2 for example, you can be good in any number of ways, camping isn't required to get a high K/D ratio at all... Well in COD it's pretty much DEMANDED that you camp. This once more ties into the whole "Random Spawning" thing. COD is chaotic in that you never EVER know where the enemy is and it's absolutely impossible to stay as alert as you'd have to be. They could spawn literally ANYWHERE which means that, unlike a game like Battlefield 1942 where you can "hold the line" so to speak and get a good idea of where the enemies are, COD is essentially a game of Ambushes after Ambushes. Enemies spawn everywhere, so it's mostly just people running around and hoping to run behind some enemies. Camping is the only real way to win in COD because you usually manage to place yourself in a safe enough area that you know you wont have someone suddenly spawn behind you and shoot you in the back.

- BOOM YOUR DEAD! Gameplay mechanics: This is fairly simple, there is absolutely NO POINT in alerting you to where your enemy is after you've been shot. As soon as the screen goes red, you're pretty much dead. There's almost no way to get out of the line of fire or find the enemy quick enough to survive. It's just, as Angry Joe puts it: "You walk around the hallway, BOOM! You're dead! You enter a building, BOOM! You're dead! You leave a building, BOOM! You're dead!"

So, essentially, COD is just one huge clusterfuck and INCREDIBLY poorly designed.

AmrasCalmacil:
You hate it because you're bad at it.

Not the case... I was bad at it, to begin with (I admit). But after playing it straight through yesterday, I realized I really didn't like the game anyway.

Agreed. the single player in BF3 is kinda shit for many varying reasons. I would link my own review here but that's taboo. Or something.

However the MP, although it does need an online pass[1], is simply brilliant. Not the best available but it's a lot better than MW3s.

[1] I was lucky enough to get a second hand copy with a valid code so yay me.

Sassafrass:
However the MP, although it does need an online pass[1], is simply brilliant. Not the best available but it's a lot better than MW3s.

I also borrowed the game and downlaoded a free pass~ BUT, why pay 30/40 on a game for it's MP AND then pay more money for an online pass, if you don't have one? It kind of ruins second hand selling. I see how it promotes the game's profits but that's just being tight.
Though, I like story and campaigning... I suppose I was just disappointed that, when it actually came down to the whole game, I think I'd pay 10 for it and maybe then I wouldn't feel so negative towards it. To be honest, the game Homefront kept me just as amused... Apart from I hate the characters... All of them... Though, BF3 is oddly a better game.

I'm contradicting myself.

Also, a lot of games are better than MW3.

[1] I was lucky enough to get a second hand copy with a valid code so yay me.

Bad Company 2 was better BF3 just kinda blew...

Battle Field 3?

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a shitty rip off of the EA game, Battlefield 3.

Good review though.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked