Pop Lyrics w/ Taco- Want U Back

Hi, PsychicTaco here and today, we'll be looking at the lyrics of

First, here's the song (the US version)

Now let the brain nausea commence!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh!
Mm, yeah
La la la la la, ha ha
Ugh!

Ok, the first things we hear in this song is just a bunch of random noises? By these standards, the rest of the song should be great then, right?

Hey, boy you never had much game

Crap, I was wrong...

This is going to be painful

Thought I needed to upgrade
So I went and walked away way way
Ugh!

She must go through boyfriends like loot in Diablo then

And why does she say "Ugh!" at the end, it's pretty jarring with the rhythm of the song... I hope she stops doing it

Now, I see you've been hanging out
With that other girl in town
Looking like a pair of clowns clowns clowns
Ugh!

I'm not that surprised he wants to be around someone who doesn't cross the uncanny valley!

And trying to make him feel "bad" about how they look is pretty... weak

CHORUS:
Remember all the things that you and I did first?
And now you're doing them with her
Remember all the things that you and I did first?
You got me, got me like this: Ugh!
And now you're taking her to every restaurant
And everywhere we went, come on!
And now you're taking her to every restaurant
You got me, got me like this: Ugh!

"How DARE he take someone he likes being with to places that he took ME too! The bastard deserves to have his *BEEP* shoved up his *BEEP"

CHORUS CONT.:
Boy you can say anything you wanna
I don't give a shh, no one else can have ya
I want u back, I want you back
Wa-want you, want you back
Ugh!

I think you don't think he wants YOU though. Strange how that works, he seems to have a differing opinon!

CHORUS CONT.:
I broke it off thinking you'd be cryin'
Now I feel like shh looking at you flyin'
I want u back, I want you back
Wa-want you, want you back
Ugh!

She admits to doing it so he'll feel bad! Why on Earth would you do that!?

There's no reason to suspect he's done anything "wrong" to her,so we can't assume he's a dick or something. All she seems to do is lust after this guy, who she BROKE UP WITH for a VERY STUPID REASON

Please, this ain't even jealousy
She ain't got a thing on me
Tryin' to rock them ug-a-ly jeans jeans jeans
Ugh!

Since she already gave her ex a such a "BRUTAL" tongue lashing, it's fair (and not sexist) to give the new girl one too

I'm starting to wonder why he was with you in the first place...

You clearly didn't think this through
If what I've been told is true
You'll be crawling back like boo hoo hoo
Ugh!

Wait, "he" didn't think this through? YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM!! IT'S YOUR FAULT!

My god, this girl just likes to blame others for problems she created...

CHORUS

Ohhh, I thought you'd still be mine
When I kissed you goodbye uh oh, uh oh
Ohhh, and you might be with her
But I still had you first uh oh, uh oh

Jesus, she makes this girl

Seem downright normal, doesn't she? Ah well, at least the song's don-

Does tis sound like a hellicopter
Brrrrrrrrrrrr

O...k...

Wait, this makes sense! She did all of this because she's crazy!

This song really isn't that good, how popular is this it?
*Searches the Googles*

#17 in the Top 100 of North America...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments, Critiques, Complaints?

They counted on me being distracted by the sexy... they where right.

Imthatguy:
They counted on me being distracted by the sexy... they where right.

That's what pop music wants to do; it shows off young, attractive people and focus on the beat of the song

But I see through all that shenanigans and look at the lyrics... The stuff they get away with is staggering

Wow, that grunt takes a lame song and puts it in a whole new dimension of crappy.

And why is she made in to some kind of rebellious hero in this video? She dumped this guy and now she's trying to sabotage his relationship with an other woman while disrupting the meals of several diner patrons? Talk about being a bitch.

I always thought that the song was supposed to be taking the piss out of the girl,not the actual person just the girl in the song. Meant to make her look like a pathetic loser who can't let things go.
We're supposed to pity her.Her vanity and ego cost her a good guy.Now she's trying to convince the guy that he is stupid in an attempt to get him back.
However lo and behold he's found someone much better and she can't accept that. Plus that line about the helicopter is there to make her look even more childish.

Does this make it a good song,no but there are worse(Kesha comes to mind).

Also in that video,it's stupid but you notice that she ends up getting arrested and doesn't get the guy.The only people really defending her are her trashy friends while everyone is just dancing along because it's a music video and that just tends to happen. So again it seems to be subtlety making fun of this girl.

I think the grunts meant she could't think of any lyrics except for "Mm, yeah La la la la la, ha ha".

I also like this kind of review, a good break from the video game and movie ones...

You deserve a gold star sticker! Well done!

Dear god! the writer of the song must have mashed his head in a vat of cud and solid stupidity. Her voice is annoying as hell and the auto-tune doesn't help much.
The reviewers are so paid for by here monster of a manager, blatantly ignoring the horrible drone of her annoying voice and the lyrics that make me want to retch.
Simply awful song, she has no reason to even have a music career.

In the wise words of a conversation between Demi Lovato and some X-factor tryout:

''Some poeple work really hard to make music,they are talented and they try their best,but that's not for everyone''

''Yeah, that's why you use auto-tune and I don't.''

I dont see how this song did so well to be honest.. perhaps im a harsh critic but i never reall liked Cher Lloyd and the song is just utter shite lol ... its just another blend of teeny pop and generic pop lyrics and the look is nothing new either, note to self.. stop listening to this stuff.

P.S pretty sure this hit #1 in the UK as well as #17 in the US..

Ok I held out through the entire post, but that meme just broke me down.
Well played, well played indeed.

This is why like Manson better XD Try his latest album. It rocks!

Grrr, I feel your anger. Was trying to reason with my brother as to the psychological horror that is this song, but he wouldn't listen. WHY? WHYYY?!

OK, she doesn't look that good, she doesn't sound that good, the lyrics are terrible, the melody is terrible, the video is terrible.

In conclusion another hit song. I'm going to listen to some real music now.

Edit: for a better explanation than my post provided watch this:

So pop music is crap?
Who knew?

The sad part is "breaking up to make some one feel bad and want you more" is a common tactic. If the message in the song is, "this doesn't work" then I suppose it is a good one... even if the song sucks.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked