The Walking Dead: Episodes 1- 5

Notes before I begin
All images taken from Google/Bing.
Any TL;DR posts will be reported and the poster will be hunted down by me with a spoon, talcum powder and many cacti.

Playing The Walking Dead was probably the only time I've enjoyed myself, whilst feeling terrible at the same time. Telltale Games have created a game that, while majorly lacking in gameplay, engages you on an almost personal level from the get go. It drags you in, engrosses you in the universe with characters that actually have personalities and aren't just there to make you feel bad. Clementine is a great example of how good Telltale did when writing the characters for this game; I actually began to feel protective of her, despite knowing she's in no danger as she's just pixels. Honestly, I can't say anything more about The Walking Dead, seeing as I've gotten the majority of what I wanted to say posted in the spoilers. I will just say this though, if you're a fan of engaging and heart string plucking stories, pick this up. You won't regret it at all. The Walking Dead has taken the title as my personal GoTY by quite a long way and I cannot wait to see how Telltale are going to top this when they release Season 2.

Oh, and by the way? It doesn't get any easier to watch the ending the second time. Trust me.

For notifications about future reviews, reviews being written, various other things or if you simply wish to fanboy over my work, visit my user group here.

I really do need to get round to picking these up (and I do intend to!) after the countless praising reviews, the GOTY awards it has been given, barious users including yourself praising it across the forum, and now your review. Luckily, I anticipate either getting the retail release or buying them with Microsoft Points during the probable huge sale on XBLA. This means that nobody has a reason not to get them, including myself.

The only downside of this review is that I've found out you watch PewDiePie =P But he did lead you this, and your praise, amongst others, means I'm buying it, so he can't be all bad.

Andy Shandy:
I really do need to get round to picking these up (and I do intend to!) after the countless praising reviews, the GOTY awards it has been given, barious users including yourself praising it across the forum, and now your review. Luckily, I anticipate either getting the retail release or buying them with Microsoft Points during the probable huge sale on XBLA. This means that nobody has a reason not to get them, including myself.

The only downside of this review is that I've found out you watch PewDiePie =P But he did lead you this, and your praise, amongst others, means I'm buying it, so he can't be all bad.

Why does everyone hate Pewdiepie? I mean, yeah, he's a bit stupid and can go too far with his jokes sometimes but he does have the odd moment. Anyway, moving away from the surprisingly touchy topic that is Pewdie around here. XD

I hope you do pick these up, as they are well worth the time and money you'll devote to them. And seeing as they're on sale soon (And the entire game was on Steam for $10 two weeks ago) anyone who is remotely interested should buy at least the first episode, play it, then go from there. Nothing to lose, except a couple of quid and a couple of hours. :)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked