Six Stages of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

At some point everyone plays a game from a franchise that they love but can't quite get there head around it. Ladies and gentlemen, this one is mine.

Hah! I got a good chuckle out of that.

I'm pretty much like you in the sense that I also love the Metal Gear series, and pretty much have everything from the Metal Gear Solid series. It is after all, my favorite videogame franchise.

That being said, I am also a huge fan of action games (of the 'spectacle fighter' kind) and a huge fan of Platinum Games. So for me, it's more like.

Stage 1 - Anticipation

After playing the demo, I am now at Stage 2 - Excitement

And when the game releases, I will be at:

STAGE THREE: REVENGEANCE

And hey, hopefully you'll actually enjoy the full game, and not just the free art book.

Tohuvabohu:

I'm pretty much like you in the sense that I also love the Metal Gear series, and pretty much have everything from the Metal Gear Solid series. It is after all, my favorite videogame franchise.

That being said, I am also a huge fan of action games (of the 'spectacle fighter' kind) and a huge fan of Platinum Games. So for me, it's more like.

Stage 1 - Anticipation

And hey, hopefully you'll actually enjoy the full game, and not just the free art book.

Oh the video was more of a joke! I did pre-order it and because it's the first 'Metal Gear' game to come out since I started this web series I will be reviewing it as well. Very very excited for it.

I thought the demo was pretty dull, it was basically walk up to bad guy and press attack until the bad guys fell over. Also, Revengeance is a stupid name.

Catfood220:
I thought the demo was pretty dull, it was basically walk up to bad guy and press attack until the bad guys fell over. Also, Revengeance is a stupid name.

A few people I have spoken with seem to feel the same way you do about the demo! I found it a little repetitious but I imagine there will be more to do in the full game.

Swishdude:

Catfood220:

A few people I have spoken with seem to feel the same way you do about the demo! I found it a little repetitious but I imagine there will be more to do in the full game.

To be fair, the Demo is one of the earliest parts of the game comprised entirely out of low-ranking soldiers, and lowly gekko models, without the hard mode being available to play. Only Bladewolf is an example of what a more difficult fight can really be like.

If you're interested, there's been quite a few more videos being added of some of the more nitty-gritty details for Metal Gear Rising.

this vid shows off the various HF Blades available.... and an Authentic Civilian Disguise.

But wait, there's more! LOTS MORE! It seems as though Konami's approach to hyping the game up is pretty much giving away all of it.

Of course, there's a lot that remains to be seen still. Here's a few other videos in case you want to see them.

Between the various cyborg types, UG's, and all those weapons. It seems like there's a LOT to do here.

Although I am still worried that all this could get repetitious. After all, this all boils down to various flavors of slashing things, right? I'm hoping the enemies, pace of combat, move list, and the sheer challenge of it is enough to keep things fresh.

I only hope for a good story to be honest! I am very prepared to not enjoy the gameplay.

Swishdude:
I only hope for a good story to be honest! I am very prepared to not enjoy the gameplay.

That's too bad. Gameplay is what Platinum is most excellent at after all.

But this is a pretty odd case since Platinum are handling the game, and Kojima's team is writing it. I really do wonder just how well this is going to work out hand-in-hand.

Storywise, it's interesting they chose to place the game AFTER MGS4 instead of before. Sure it would've been nice to see what exactly happened to Raiden before he met up with Snake, but I think seeing the state of the world after Snake took down the Patriots is more compelling. Also is the potential of this becoming it's own series.

Swishdude:

Tohuvabohu:

Stage 1 - Anticipation

Oh the video was more of a joke! I did pre-order it and because it's the first 'Metal Gear' game to come out since I started this web series I will be reviewing it as well. Very very excited for it.

Going into it expecting a cyborg ninja game instead of a Snake game would help, of course. My biggest beef (and one that hopefully sheer awesomeness will quell) is that Raiden makes Jehuty look like a wimp. There's what we need: a secret level where you fight Jehuty! The MG games referencing other Kojima games will be complete!

Nieroshai:

Swishdude:

Tohuvabohu:

Stage 1 - Anticipation

Going into it expecting a cyborg ninja game instead of a Snake game would help, of course. My biggest beef (and one that hopefully sheer awesomeness will quell) is that Raiden makes Jehuty look like a wimp. There's what we need: a secret level where you fight Jehuty! The MG games referencing other Kojima games will be complete!

I think they already did that reference in MGS2.... the Big Shell had a bunch of ZOE marked boxes all over.

MDSnowman:

Nieroshai:

Swishdude:

I think they already did that reference in MGS2.... the Big Shell had a bunch of ZOE marked boxes all over.

I didn't mean specifically of ZoE, I meant "in Rising"

I just started up ZoE, I had never played it before. Thought I would pick it up and give it a try, Not digging the first one so far.

I am wondering if in the full release of Revengeance we will see Solid Snake. I mean, it's a possibility he could show up and be all "Raiden you look F^%$ed up! Why are your teeth METAL."

Funny video, although I enjoyed this games demo (And found the dog a lot easier than you made it out to be) I have gone through these stages with other games I'm a fanboy of.

Chairman Miaow:
Funny video, although I enjoyed this games demo (And found the dog a lot easier than you made it out to be) I have gone through these stages with other games I'm a fanboy of.

Well I have made another one of these videos. Done in the same style!
However all the rest of the videos I make are mostly just about game reviews/previews.

If you like, check out the series at YouTube.com/RerezTV or Rerez.net

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here