Should I play any of the first two games?
yes
44.4% (4)
44.4% (4)
no
33.3% (3)
33.3% (3)
why haven't you played them already?
22.2% (2)
22.2% (2)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Why Haven't I Played Assassin's Creed 3?

Let me know what you guys think. Also, i'm thinking of changing up the format of these reviews, let me know if you have any suggestions.

Good review. Crappy title. Call it "TS is Disappointed By AC3" or something else that indicates that it is a review. The poll "Why Haven't I..." just makes me want to pass and continue looking for topics of interest. Also you might clarify if you are playing the game on a console, or on PC with a game controller.

No. Seriously, this was a good review. It was well organized, you didn't waste time on minor things, your script was coherent, your speech was understandable (with maybe two exceptions), and I can tell that you spent a lot of time and energy putting together the video.

However, I'm going to disagree. A bad game is where you spent full price for a bad game, and maybe were able to sell it to gamestop. A truly horrible game has some nice moments - just enough to suck you into the bad game and waste your time playing it. Then you have fond memories of the good parts and may go back and play it again later on. More fool you. Just put the game down and run away.

I was unimpressed by AC (#1) and uninstalled it after about 2 hours of play.
[What? It gets better later? Pass. I can play a different game and have fun now.]

This one is set during the American Revolution, and he's using a bizarrely lightweight (but stylized!) tomahawk. That makes this some sort of crossover between "the Patriot" and "the Return of a Man Called Horse". Plus Yahtzee decries it for far too much of the knees-bent-faffing-about-and-taking-my-money-behavior.

Haven't played it. Don't care. Spent my money on better games.

For the cost of AC3, I got Crusader Kings 2 plus a crapload of DLC (I'm an EU3 nut), Prototype, Saints Row the Thrid: the Full Package, CS:GO, and Galactic Civilizations Complete Pack on Steam. Even CS:GO is more of an open-world game than AC3.

I thought it was a game that had a lot
to say but nothing to do. The only
experience I enjoyed was saving the
gay lumberjack from the river current.

KarlMonster:

However, I'm going to disagree. A bad game is where you spent full price for a bad game, and maybe were able to sell it to gamestop. A truly horrible game has some nice moments - just enough to suck you into the bad game and waste your time playing it. Then you have fond memories of the good parts and may go back and play it again later on. More fool you. Just put the game down and run away.

I wish I could have put the controller down and ran towards the edges of sanity, but I had committed to gaining my 60$ investment back and i'd would be damned if a 100 million dollar piece of code was going to beat me. I am currently playing Alone In The Dark, and i'm currently not getting as frustrated with it (despite it's horrible design choices) as I was with AC3. Sigh, at least I have Far Cry 3 to tide the days away.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked