Poll: The Experience Assassin's Creed 3

A companion video review to the Why Haven't I Played main review. It's a new kind of review, but let me know what you think.

So there's a montage of all the good stuff and then a montage of minor little annoyances with a text saying "THIS IS THE GAME GUYS"!

Seemed to lack a bit in this game compared to previous outings of Assassin's Creed.

I've always thought that the freerunning controls of the Assassin's Creed series were a little... Let's call them "free-spirited". But ACIII really took it to eleven, with Conner interpreting my button presses as mere suggestions. This game made me truly realize just how much I hate auto-jumping.

Game: "Hold the right trigger to run, climb, and jump."
Me: "What if I want to run without automatically trying to climb any vertical surface or jump onto any platform that comes withing three feet of me?"
Game: "Now why would you want a silly thing like that?"

Me: "Help! I jumped onto a barrel that I got too close to, and now I can't get down because there aren't any other raised platforms nearby!"
Game: "Oh, you have to press A while holding the right trigger and holding the analogue stick in the direction you want to go in order to jump down."
Me: "Why is it only NOW that I have to press A to jump?"

Seriously, Creed 3's controls are a mess.

Don't care, still thought the game was awesome. No seriously, even with all the issues such as screen tearing, frame rate drops, questionable controls, playing as Haytham for the first 3 sequences, the having to skin EVERY animal you kill, the optional objectives, and the lack of awesome buildings to climb, I still found Connor's story to be compelling enough for me to forgive some of the games flaws, be they minor (controls, Haytham sections) to major (frame rate drops, screen tearing).

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked