Will you play or have you played Hotline Miami?
No, will not play
16.7% (1)
16.7% (1)
Yes, have played and loved it
83.3% (5)
83.3% (5)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: The Experience-Hotline Miami

Hotline Miami is simultaneously one of the most violent and fun games I have ever played. This video approximates the experience, though for the long form review check out this thread:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.405641-Poll-Why-Havent-I-Played-Hotline-Miami-long-form-video-review

Let me know about the experiences you have had with the game and whether you feel it should be counted amongst the best of 2012.

Even though Hotline Miami was really fun, I wouldn't say that I loved it. It was fucking awesome the first time I played it (which I did during 1 playthrough) but I've been finding it hard to come back and play it.

Yeah I bought it on Friday through the GOG sale and had completed it by Sunday. Had a great time with it, although had to walk away a couple of times after the music and visuals started giving me a funny head.

I can be a sucker for completionism so I'm tempted to go back and get the rest of the masks I finished, but I don't know how bothered I'll be. It'll probably be something I boot up every now and then for a bit of the old ultraviolence and a brief distraction when I don't want to get too involved in anything else.

Teoes:
Yeah I bought it on Friday through the GOG sale and had completed it by Sunday. Had a great time with it, although had to walk away a couple of times after the music and visuals started giving me a funny head.

I can be a sucker for completionism so I'm tempted to go back and get the rest of the masks I finished, but I don't know how bothered I'll be. It'll probably be something I boot up every now and then for a bit of the old ultraviolence and a brief distraction when I don't want to get too involved in anything else.

I will admit it does have that kind of "I need to let off some steam and murder everything" vibe.

The more I think about this game, the more I find myself absolutely entranced by it. It's literally everything I could want in a game.

The music is briliiant.
The visual design is beautiful.
The style of gameplay is perfect.
The storyline in intriguing.

In my opinion, it is without flaw.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked