Bioshock Infinite's Symbolism: Analytical Playthrough

'Sup escapists? Modestly Narcissistic and I are back with a new analytical play through, similar to Catherine (which we will finally be continuing soon, hopefully within two weeks from now). This time we're diving into one of the newest, most symbolic games on the market, Bioshock Infinite, and dissecting the crap out of Columbia's true meaning and the game's elaborate commentary on social control, discrimination, and faith.

We also do silly voices and make awful puns.

Enjoy! If you like this, check out other funny and/or analytical playthroughs here: https://www.youtube.com/user/ModestlyProphItic

Remember, MP is a separate channel from EmceeProphIt's Symbolism reviews. Let us know what you think! We love feedback.

Wooooah, guess you're back in a big way now, huh. You just uploaded Majora last week. Glad to see you back in the swing of things after being sick and busy for so long. I was worried for a while there.

Now on the vid itself: awesome, some of your best stuff really. I'm impressed at how much commentary and analysis you both pull out of your ass for all intents and purposes. I mean, it's all correct, but it's just impressive how well you know your topics offhand. Love the funny bit with the voxaphones, and I like that you take your time with the analysis and don't rush through the detailed world of columbia like a lot of other players would. You also take time to look around and comment on the art design, not just the narrative. Really thorough, I like this. I like your funny stuff as well, but this kind of thing, with analysis, first impressions and humor, is perfect. Funny intro there, Corey.

You guys always have good chemistry, and it stands out in this video, since you both make commentary on different aspects. Corey is more concerned with the direct gameplay and the visual presentation, and Mark deconstructs the little symbols and narrative. It's a good balance, and it's why your channel is underrated. Keep going guys, you're good at this stuff.

"I haven't seen enough hentai to know where this is going."

I love you guys. XD

Also adore the ways you guys end episodes, always have.

I like where this is going so far. Sharing this, since some friends of mine were curious about what the satire really was. Some people think it's just railing against christianity...what's your thoughts on that? I'd also like to hear from Modestly Narcissistic, since I know he has an account now (can't hide from me!)

Coolshark:
Wooooah, guess you're back in a big way now, huh. You just uploaded Majora last week. Glad to see you back in the swing of things after being sick and busy for so long. I was worried for a while there.

Now on the vid itself: awesome, some of your best stuff really. I'm impressed at how much commentary and analysis you both pull out of your ass for all intents and purposes. I mean, it's all correct, but it's just impressive how well you know your topics offhand. Love the funny bit with the voxaphones, and I like that you take your time with the analysis and don't rush through the detailed world of columbia like a lot of other players would. You also take time to look around and comment on the art design, not just the narrative. Really thorough, I like this. I like your funny stuff as well, but this kind of thing, with analysis, first impressions and humor, is perfect. Funny intro there, Corey.

You guys always have good chemistry, and it stands out in this video, since you both make commentary on different aspects. Corey is more concerned with the direct gameplay and the visual presentation, and Mark deconstructs the little symbols and narrative. It's a good balance, and it's why your channel is underrated. Keep going guys, you're good at this stuff.

Thanks for such a long review, it's always appreciated!

I'm glad you like the show, and yeah, I think we're most in our element when we're balancing all the different elements of commentary, gameplay and analysis. Infinite just so happens to be the absolute perfect game for this kinda thing.

As for off hand knowledge, I love biblical and greek imagery, so that just happens to be a convenient obsession here. :p Thanks again for the feedback.

Overusedname:
~Snip

No problem man, keep up the good work.

Tell Corey THANK YOU for not rushing, btw.

SomethingWorse:
I like where this is going so far. Sharing this, since some friends of mine were curious about what the satire really was. Some people think it's just railing against christianity...what's your thoughts on that? I'd also like to hear from Modestly Narcissistic, since I know he has an account now (can't hide from me!)

I'll respond on my end: I think it's just a satirical tool about indoctrination, people getting cocky, and such. It uses biblical imagery to convey it's ideas, yes, but mainly because of the global familiarity with christian images. The world is a deconstruction of 'man as god's' philosophy, so the more iconic and noticeable the imagery the better. It has more to do with that.

ladskffaknjdhfajksdfasdfpds=adsfkjasgdk

I was dreaming of you covering this. Awesome.

SomethingWorse:

Hiding would imply that I wouldn't want to be found. ;D
Originally I had thought this game was a satire of Early American values and such. While that still may be true, I don't think it's subtext is as simple or the same as I had first thought now that I have beaten the game already. (Mark hasn't yet so NO SPOILERS.) SO! I don't think it's anti-christian, but maybe more of an example of a city where church and state are one in the same and the problems that could arise from that. But I'll leave it at that lest I say too much.

False Nobility:
ladskffaknjdhfajksdfasdfpds=adsfkjasgdk

I was dreaming of you covering this. Awesome.

Well, you know us, we've been satisfying deep and dark desires since before you even knew you had them.

ModestlyNarcissistic:

SomethingWorse:

Hiding would imply that I wouldn't want to be found. ;D
Originally I had thought this game was a satire of Early American values and such. While that still may be true, I don't think it's subtext is as simple or the same as I had first thought now that I have beaten the game already. (Mark hasn't yet so NO SPOILERS.) SO! I don't think it's anti-christian, but maybe more of an example of a city where church and state are one in the same and the problems that could arise from that. But I'll leave it at that lest I say too much.

What he said.

Are you enjoying the ego stroking, Corey?

Overusedname:

Are you enjoying the ego stroking, Corey? Also you guys should totally follow his twitter.

Do you really need to ask? I thought my name made it pretty obvious. I love hearing from people who enjoy our videos, it's always very satisfying. And yes, you totally should.

Coolshark:
"I haven't seen enough hentai to know where this is going."

I love you guys. XD

Also adore the ways you guys end episodes, always have.

Bahahah, we aim to please. We try to go out on a high note.

ModestlyNarcissistic:

Overusedname:

Are you enjoying the ego stroking, Corey? Also you guys should totally follow his twitter.

Do you really need to ask? I thought my name made it pretty obvious. I love hearing from people who enjoy our videos, it's always very satisfying. And yes, you totally should.

Good, and should what?

Since it seems best to try and talk to you here, I was wondering if you were gonna announce what was next for PAHNalysis after Majora is done?

Coolshark:
Since it seems best to try and talk to you here, I was wondering if you were gonna announce what was next for PAHNalysis after Majora is done?

Not gonna go into specifics, but the next one is actually very new and very obscure. All I can say is it's an indie game.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked